Start by marking “Hello Again (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hello Again (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #2)

Hello Again (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles #2)

4.41  ·  Rating details ·  1,362 Ratings  ·  338 Reviews
From NYT bestseller Brenda Novak comes the next installment of Dr. Evelyn Talbot and her murderous home for psychopaths in Hello Again.

SHE CAN MAKE SENSE OF A COMPLEX CRIMINAL MIND.
Evelyn Talbot, a psychiatrist at a maximum-security prison in Alaska, studies some of the world's worst serial killers. But she’s about to meet her most elusive patient at Hanover House yet: Dr.
Published November 2nd 2017 by Headline (first published October 3rd 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Hello Again, please sign up.
Robert NO. One of the two main storylines ends in a cliffhanger and there are other incomplete storylines. You don't need to read the prequel to understand…moreNO. One of the two main storylines ends in a cliffhanger and there are other incomplete storylines. You don't need to read the prequel to understand the story but you won't get much resolution either.(less)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
5 Suspenseful Stars

Wow this series just keeps getting better. Hello Again had me totally hooked. I was hanging on the edge and eager to sneak peeks ahead. I stayed up all night just to finish it. I feel Evelyn has really grown in this series from book 1. I also feel that Amarok and Evelyn's relationship has grown a lot too. The romance does take a back seat to the suspense but it's such a thrilling book that I don't even mind. Evelyn took some big steps in this book. I loved that she opened up
Jonetta
Originally posted on The Book Nympho

Psychologist Evelyn Talbot continues her study of some of the most dangerous serial killers in the country at her special facility located near Anchorage, Alaska. Her newest inmate is Lyman Bishop, aka the Zombie Maker, whose weapon of choice is an ice pick, which he uses to crudely perform lobotomies on his female victims. Meanwhile, Jasper Moore, the man who brutally attacked Evelyn as a teen, is plotting his next move that will bring him closer to her.

Admi
Zoe
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Riveting, dark, and spine-chillingly eerie!

In this second book in the Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, we head back to Alaska and the isolated Hanover House where some of the most depraved serial killers are housed and studied, and danger seems to be lurking inside and out.

The writing is seamless and taut. The characterization is spot on with some of the usual gang back including the hardworking, determined Evelyn and the patient, sexy Amarok. And the skillfully-crafted, well-paced plot keeps you on th
Carrie
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Hello Again by Brenda Novak is the second full length book but third overall with the prequel novella in the Evelyn Talbot Chronicles series. Hanover House at novella length introduced readers to Evelyn Talbot who is the main character in this series. Evelyn had spent her life trying to find out what makes a psychopath and how to better understand them. She was tortured and almost killed by her high school boyfriend, Jasper, and has been dealing with that as best she can. Jasper had never been c ...more
Lo Bookfrantic

4.5★★★★Stars

Genre:  Mystery/Romantic Suspense
Type:  Book 2 in The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles Series
POV:  First Person – Multiple

Related image
"What made some people more evil than others? And why did those people enjoy inflicting pain on the innocent?"

This book picks up right where the first book left off; Evelyn Talbot is a thirty-seven year old survivor of serial killer Jasper Moore.   She continues her study of serial killers at the isolated Hanover House in Alaska.  Evelyn knows she is f
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I had a really good time with this book. I actually liked this book a lot more than the previous installment and am really glad that I decided to continue with the series. I thought that this book was very exciting and found myself wanting to keep reading for hours at a time just to find out how things would work out.

This is the second full length book in the Evelyn Talbot series and I do recommend reading this series in order since
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 4.5 Stars *****

Cannot be read as a standalone.

Although Hello Again is easy to dive into, I strongly suggest reading the previous books in the series to get a better understanding of all the characters. Each book is connected, and Eveyln's worst nightmare gets bolder and stronger.

I love this series. The characters are all interesting, and the events that occur never bore me. Evelyn's psychological studies and interviews on rapists and murderers keep me glued to the pages. A perfect amount o
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
This review was originally posted on (un)Conventional Bookviews
Hello Again was so eery, I felt the suspense during the whole story, and it just seems impossible to me that Evelyn will make it through the end. There is more than one enemy now, and my goodness, the ending left me speechless and breathless.

Review - (un)Conventional Bookviews
Story:
The suspense and the psychological thriller aspects were even stronger in Hello Again. Evelyn has more than one person she needs to be wary of, and her newest inmate is so smart and ven
Janel
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars - I wish I could be Evelyn Talbot, just for one day, to study the minds of psychopaths at Hanover House – but only for a day because the wilderness is not for me and I’d rather not have a psychopathic ex-boyfriend hunting me down! Hello Again is book two featuring Evelyn Talbot and I highly recommend you start at the beginning of the series as the plot is continuous and it will likely weaken your reading experience if you haven’t read book one.

My main attraction to this book, and serie
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
4.5 Stars - Fantastic addition to the series! Riveting suspense, great character/relationship development, heart-racing twists & turns...A Must Read!

As I mentioned above, I think Hello Again is a great addition to The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles Series.  Novak has picked up the pace, raised the stakes even higher, and dove deeper into the minds of the criminally insane through Evelyn's research at Hanover House - a maximum-security prison in Alaska where some of the world's worst serial killer
Sofia Lazaridou
Oct 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
As much as it pains a part of me to say it, I want this series to end. Or at least end the Jasper part of the series. Have a new big bad villain after the third book. I am tired of having Evelyn being afraid at the idea that Jasper is still somewhere out there and he is going to harm her. She has grown a lot from the woman she was before she came to Alaska, but Jasper is still in her mind and she cannot truly move on with her life. Another reason I want the series to end is her relationship with ...more
RachelW (BamaGal)
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc

3.75 Stars. A little slow this time around, and too much personal angst muddying the action and plotline. Still a good read overall; and I'm still fully vested in this fascinating, creepy series. I mean, what’s not to like about an institution full of psychopaths and serial killers…not to mention the crazies and killers on the loose… lol

But what a mind boggling ending! I'm still reeling from the implications for the next book…
Kristie
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm struggling with how to rate this book. The story is interesting and kept me engaged. There were certain threads that I figured out easily enough and others that I didn't.

The problem I have with the story is the MC. She has certain hang ups that are repeated far too often in the story and it gets to be quite annoying. Honestly, I don't know how how her boyfriend tolerates her sometimes. I understand that she has certain insecurities because of her past, but the repetition of her thoughts and
Sunny
This is a wonderful surprise. I liked the previous books, but this one is an excellent balance of all the elements. It is a quintessential murder mystery seamlessly told from multiple perspectives. The overarching storyline gets a real boost in this book and the story advances at a good pace. Jasper has a significant role and his character is murderous. He is chilling coming off the pages.

I also enjoyed the evolution of Evelyn and Amarok's relationship. I liked how Ms. Novak is developing these
Betul
description

I absolutely LOVE this series! I don't read suspense novels like I used to but if they were as intriguing and awesome as this book then I would read so many more of them. Brenda Novak writes (Romantic) Suspense novels like no other, and she incorporates just the right amount of romance. I enjoy seeing the progress in Evelyn and Amarok's relationship. Especially Evelyn has grown so much in this book, and I can't wait to see more of it.

There is the main villain who appears in each book but there a
Yellagirlgc
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Just as good as the first book. Psychiatrist and survivor Evelyn Talbot is still working at Hanover House. A prison that houses psychopaths.
This picked up right where the first left off. I still like where its going and am only getting more entangled by the two MC's.
Michele
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Actual Rating: 4.5 Stars - Top Pick!

See the full review at HarlequinJunkie.com

Exciting, terrifying, and the type of story that will keep you wondering what could possibly happen next, Hello Again is concrete proof of Brenda Novak’s wonderful writing prowess.

I think I say this every time I read something by Brenda Novak but boy do I adore her stories! This particular series will probably be difficult for some readers as it deals with psychopaths and darker themes, but I honestly didn’t feel as if
Aisling
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Phew...well when your main character is a shrink working with serial killers (because of her own traumatic past) you know it's not going to be a relaxing book, right? And it wasn't. I was hooked from page one and zoomed through the book. Excellent red herrings and side stories. The ending really surprised me but was brilliant for a series. This author gets 5 stars for plotting, characters, dialogue, romance (including one very steamy scene) and thriller pacing.
Christine
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gripping

4.5 out of 5 stars! Another gripping addition to the Evelyn Talbot series, I cant wait to dive into Face Off! This is such a fantastic, well researched series that gives real insight into psychopaths.
Ionia
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is shaping up to be a very interesting series with a complex plot that keeps getting more dangerous and compelling. I liked Evelyn Talbot in the first book, but in this one she gets even better. The author offers us a chance to get to know her main character much better, recounting the events in her past and showing us glimpses of what could be in store for her future.

Brenda Novak handled the murders in this book with grace. They aren't overly graphic or disgusting, but she gives just enou
Jean
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hello Again is the 2nd book in The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles series. I did not read read the 1st book but I didn't have a problem following along with this one. However I do recommend reading the first book before reading this one.

At 16, Evelyn Talbot was kidnapped and tortured by her boyfriend, Jasper, and watched some of her friends die by his hand. She escaped but so did Jasper. Twenty-one years later, still afraid Jasper will get her, she has opened a prison in Alaska that houses serial kill
Bobbie
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If this book had not been written by Brenda Novak who I adore as an author, I can say right now, I would have never picked up this book....not because it is not good......it is just too damn scary for me! I have a vivid imagination, and Books like this do not help. But, I love Brenda Novak’s Books and for Her I will read anything! This is the second book in the Hanover House, Dr, Evelyn Talbot series. You do not need to have read the first book as this is definitely a standalone. Dr. Evelyn Tal ...more
Patricia
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaway
What a fabulously dark thriller! HELLO AGAIN is the 2nd novel in the Evelyn Talbot Chronicles. Evelyn studies serial killers and is a psychiatrist at a prison in Alaska. I want to read the first book, and I can't wait for the third! I highly recommend this book. I received this book for my honest opinion.
Louisa
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really awesome book! We were in the heads of a few killers, which was intresting, and yeah, it was great to be with cast again, and I can't wait for the 3rd book!
Sharilyn Dickerson
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book (if you count the novella that started it all off) in The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles. I love a good suspense read and this one does not disappoint!
If you read the previous books then you know that Evelyn has opened a maximum-security prison in Alaska, and studies some of the world's worst serial killers. While she is still concerned that Jasper (the man who killed her friends and left her for dead twenty years ago) could show back up at any time, she may have met her match i
Pamela Priest
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This series keeps me on the edge of my seat, constantly jumping at every little noise around me. It's is one of the best psychological thrillers, full of suspenseful wists and turns. Yet it has some caring characters - the ones that aren't psychotic, that is. The ending will make your heart beat right out of your chest. And with the way the book ended, you know this will continue well into the next book or two or more. I was not able to put it down except to sleep and work. I highly recommend th ...more
C Joy
Bestselling author Brenda Novak takes us again to Alaska, a desolately cold place where a lot of possibilities are available.

Evelyn Talbot is entertaining a new inmate, a Dr Lyman Bishop, fashioned after Hannibal Lecter for his lobotomies. I liked how the story was set ominously and it got my heart pounding. The reason why it took 5 days for me to finish this novel is because of the suspense.

With the masterful writing, no one is safe. They may have that feeling for a few fleeting moments in the
Jan Coad
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
HELLO AGAIN is the next installment and Evelyn Talbot is one of my favorite new character's by Mrs. Brenda Novak. Evelyn is the psychiatrist who heads up Hanover House, a maximum security prison in a small town in Alaska.

Through her work interviewing and studying the worst of the convicted serial killers, she hopes to gain an understanding of what makes them tick or why they turned out the way they did.

Evelyn has needed to find these answers since her high school boyfriends tortured her, kille
Agnes (BeaderBubbe)
Welcome to Hanover House.

And the Chronicles continue. Another great, great book by Novak only seems to keep you hungry for more.....we find ourselves again in Alaska where Evelyn Talbot is running Hanover House, trying to find out what goes on in the mind of serial killers.

Not only hasnt Jasper Moore (her torturer when she was 16) been found yet, but now there is another serial killer, Lymon Bishop, about to be released because of a technicality - and Talbot believes he is guilty.

Things get hai
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Hello Again by Brenda Novak

Evelyn is surrounded by psychopaths. Some near. Some far. But all very nasty and evil people. Could you live your life knowing there is someone waiting for just the right moment to pounce and then destroy you, your family and your whole life?

A thrilling read of suspense with lots of tension in the last half where you sit on the edge of your seat.
2nd in the series but can easily be read on its own.
You will want to read this in one sitting if you can.

And then you have t
It was a shocking experience that jump-started Brenda Novak’s bestselling author career.

“I caught my day-care provider drugging my children with cough syrup and Tylenol to get them to sleep while I was away,” Brenda says. “It was then that I decided that I needed to do something from home.”

However, writing was the last profession she expected to undertake. In fact, Brenda swears she didn’t have a
More about Brenda Novak

The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles (3 books)
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
  • Face Off (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #3)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Wrong Man
    $9.49 $1.99
  • What You Don't Know
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The River Is Dark (Liam Dempsey, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • When They Come for You (Harper McDaniel #1)
  • Murder at Bray Manor : a cozy historical mystery
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Every Single Secret
  • Name of the Devil: A Jessica Blackwood Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Working Fire
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Night Crew (Sean Drummond, #7)
  • The Music of the Deep
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Adventuress (Lady Emily, #10)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Summer Children (The Collector, #3)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • The Good Twin
    $5.99 $2.99
  • An Innocent Client (Joe Dillard, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Speed of Sound (Speed of Sound Thrillers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Bones (Shetland Island, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Bourne Initiative (Jason Bourne, #14)
  • The Good Neighbor
  • Under an English Heaven: An Ellie Kent Mystery
  • Pretty Girls Dancing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Swansong (DI Nick Dixon #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Cold Day For Murder (Kate Shugak #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Have His Carcase (Lord Peter Wimsey #8)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • My Brother Michael
  • Casino: Love and Honor in Las Vegas
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Mr. Timothy
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
  • The Memory Closet
  • What Lies Below
  • Silent Child
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The World of Lore: Monstrous Creatures
  • Pleasantville
    $12.49 $1.99
  • The Walkers of Dembley (Agatha Raisin, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Killing Orders
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Prince Lestat (The Vampire Chronicles #11)
  • Horrorstör
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Mind's Eye (Inspector Van Veeteren #1)
  • The Sound of Rain
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden Killers (Tennison, #2)
  • What If
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Paragon Walk (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #3)
  • The Secret Mother