Start by marking “Devotion” as Want to Read:
Devotion

Devotion

(A Continuation of Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen #2)

In this sequel to Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice, Georgiana Darcy, now twenty years old and completely lovely, is ripe for marriage. Her brother has carefully selected her future husband, but the arrival of a long-delayed letter, and a secret journey, bring Georgiana into the arms of an utterly wicked and charming young man whose attentions promise her ruin. At the same ...more
Published August 18th 2017 by Prism Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Devotion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Devotion

Veronica ⭐️
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 2017, n17
Having not read Pride and Prejudice or Meg Kerr’s previous novel “Experience” I did wonder if I would be completely lost during this story but it stood on its own well. I soon got the idea of who was who with the characters and this novel was mainly about Georgiana and her desire to marry of her choosing, not her guardians.

The story highlighted arranged marriages, how women of different class were treated, the complete lack of women’s worth and even compassion for one another.

The writing style p
Debbie Brown
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jaff, 2017-jaff, i-own-it
As in Experience (the sequel to Pride and Prejudice by this author that is also a prequel to this story), the reader follows a few different family members connected to Elizabeth and Fitzwilliam Darcy, who have now been married 4 years.

The primary plot involves 20-year-old Georgiana Darcy. As the book begins, Mr. William Brooke, from a prestigious family, has petitioned Darcy for his sister's hand in marriage. However, Georgiana secretly harbours continued love for George Wickham despite his mar
Carole (in Canada)
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: JAFF, Romance
Recommended to Carole (in Canada) by: JustJane1813
My Rating: 3.5* rounded up to 4*

As in 'Experience', the first sequel to Pride & Prejudice by Ms. Kerr, the story continues in this book, 'Devotion'. I do suggest that you read 'Experience' first to fully appreciate all the dynamics. This book mainly focuses on Georgiana's journey to overcoming the loss of George Wickham. It is here where that apt sentence by Mr. Bennet in Pride & Prejudice seems very appropriate:

"Next to being married, a girl likes to be crossed in love a little now and
Clare O'Beara
While a reader could just take this as a Waterloo-era romance I believe the best fun will be had by those who read Pride and Prejudice and want to know what might have happened to all the secondary characters. Like Georgiana, younger sister of Darcy. Her once-beau Lieutenant Wickham marches off to meet his fate at Waterloo, sparking a long and complex chain of events and introducing new characters to the canon as Georgiana travels to find romance.

Other faithful stalwarts of the Austen tale are
Peggy Jaeger
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it

For those who’ve wondered what happened to Georgianna Darcy and the rest of the Bennet/Darcy/Bingley clans, DEVOTION provides the answers.

On his deathbed, scoundrel George Wickham pens a letter to Georgianna telling her she was his one true love and requesting to see her again. Unfortunately, Wickham dies prior to the letter ever being sent. Through a series of events, the letter arrives into Georgianna’s hand a year later, delivered by her old nursemaid, the woman complicit in the secret elopem
Fizza
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've always wondered what happened to all of my favorite characters from 'Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen' and this book provides me with an answer. It is written as a continuation of Pride and Prejudice, and truly feels like it. It's story of Georgiana Darcy. The young girl is now a grown up and has her own love story to tell. Although, in my opinion, no one's story can compete with that of Darcy and Elizabeth but this one comes close.
This book retains attributes of Austen's characters. Lady
Sarah McNally
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First of all, thanks to the author and Prism Publishers for the free e-book! Reading Devotion was an absolute delight. Although I'm not typically a fan of sequels, a part of me has always wondered what happened to my favourite characters in Pride & Prejudice. Especially the Bennet girls -- whereas most of these so-called "continuations" (a fancy word for "fan fiction") fixate on Darcy and Elizabeth, I was most intrigued by the inclusion of the "others" in P&P. And Kerr introduces a few n ...more
Janice Wright
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Like most diehard Jane Austen fans, I'm skeptical when a new "spin off" novel hits the market. My relationships with the characters are so deep and long standing that I am loathe to trust their well-being to another author. I am thrilled to say that Meg Kerr's book Devotion made a seamless passage into the canons of not only Jane Austen fan fiction and "Regency period" literature -- but of romantic, historical fiction in general.

I loved stepping back into the life world of some of my favorite ch
Sharon Jarvis
Congratulations to Meg Kerr for a wonderful imitation of style, characters and storyline! I was overwhelmed by this novel as it could have easily been written by the incredible Jane Austen! I'm almost lost for words as this novel transported me back to when I'd read every single word written by Jane Austen.
If you are a fan of Jane Austen (which I am - obviously) then you will love reading Devotion.

Thank you to Netgalley and Prism Publishers for the opportunity to read and review this wonderful
Shelagh
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Devotion is Meg Kerr’s second sequel to Jane Austin’s Pride and Prejudice and focuses on Georgiana Darcy. Ms Kerr uses the language of Jane Austin effortlessly in this story though I missed the wit and sparkle for which Ms Austin’s work is famous. I also felt the pace of the story could have been a little more lively—I was not quite as engrossed in the plot as I’d have liked. That said, this was an enjoyable story overall. It was nice to revisit a gentler time in history and I think lovers of Pr ...more
pamela k cronister
Excellent

Except for a few editing errors this is one of my favorites. Other than an uncredited quote from Richard the 3rd, the footnotes were well done. Loved the insertion of other Austen characters.
Susan
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Tore through the reading of this because I loved the woman the author made of Georgiana Darcy and her future. Even Caroline Bingley was handled with compassion and respect.
Jennifer Steeghs
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Witty, hilarious and a must-read. Enjoyed revisiting Austen's world.
Linda Hendrick
Lize
Aug 19, 2017
Ruth A. Cohan
Sep 04, 2017

A Continuation of Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (2 books)
  • Experience