Start by marking “One Week in the Library” as Want to Read:
One Week in the Library

One Week in the Library

Welcome to the Library.
It's here that every story ever written is catalogued and monitored by a single man, who's begun to notice something strange: the books are rebelling. Image Comics proudly presents this experimental graphic novella from writer W. Maxwell Prince and artist John Amor, which recounts a troublesome week in the Library via seven short stories-one for each
Paperback, First, 96 pages
Published December 13th 2016 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about One Week in the Library, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Week in the Library

Suz
Jan 09, 2017 Suz rated it liked it
Imagine a man living in a library. He has always been there; there are various stories of his arrival there and he cannot leave. What would his days be like? He would be surrounded by books all day, every day. Would his relationship with the books be different than ours?

The creators of One Week in the Library have made a graphic novel that also mixes in infographics, pages of text, poetry, lots of references to other works, and some metafictional scenes, too. Each day of the week shows a trip t
Nicole
Dec 25, 2016 Nicole rated it it was amazing
An experimental exploration of storytelling that is both entertaining and enlightening!

I am someone who is really drawn to the art of storytelling and everything involved with it. Why do some stories carry on well past their original orators? What elements do all stories share? This comic seeks to explore these facets and much more through various vignettes over the course of a week. I find that I deeply connect with this comic as it describes the act of reading and writing in a way that is crea
Rae
Dec 23, 2016 Rae rated it did not like it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Bllleeeeeeeecccchhh. As a librarian, I'm obviously compelled to purchase all library related titles (except the sleazy romance ones - trust me, your librarian does NOT want to fuck you). I fell prey to this with One Week in the Library and it was so bad I'm actually mad about it.

This was complete masturbatory white man in his 30s circle jerk writing. I thought the illustrated easter eggs were fun until I realized they were predominantly movie references. Why not call it One Week in the Blockbust
Artur Coelho
Dec 12, 2016 Artur Coelho rated it liked it
No que toca a bibliotecários ficcionais de banda desenhada, devo confessar a minha predilecção por Lucien, o guardador da biblioteca de livros sonhados, intuídos, imaginados mas nunca escritos, de The Sandman. Este não lhe fica muito atrás, no entanto.

Um bibliotecário sem memória do mundo exterior, se é que existe tal coisa como mundo exterior. Uma biblioteca cuja estrutura organizativa é insondável e cujos livros se manifestam, impositivos. Onde, por vezes, as personagens tentam a fuga das his
April
Dec 29, 2016 April rated it liked it
I picked this up because I'm a librarian and the title was intriguing. The first part of the book was definitely interesting where the books and storylines come alive to the librarian. I was able to pick up right away what stories were being told. I think I most enjoyed the story in the middle with the guy and girl and the ghost haunting her at the end.

However, the ending was a cop-out, and the writer puts himself in the pages and explains that he was never good with endings - which explains th
Kaley
Jan 13, 2017 Kaley rated it it was ok
I just read some of these reviews and discovered I am not alone here! I requested the library I work at purchase this and was so excited when I started reading it. Short stories as graphic novels about rebellious books?! What a fun sounding premise. But that ENDING. Will had me the whole time until he literally abandoned his reader at the end.

(view spoiler)
Aleya
Dec 19, 2016 Aleya rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Jammer, TJ
Recommended to Aleya by: LK
I don't know what I expected going into this book but I was very entertained. It honestly reminded me of my Creative Writing class. It's a graphic novel novella told in short stories per chapter for each day. It's rather dark (definitely not for children) but so good. It does some really interesting things and I'd love to hear what some of my friends would say about it. It's a super quick read and worth it, I think. It's really weird and I liked it a lot.
Lori
Jan 02, 2017 Lori rated it liked it
This book was a trippy interesting style of writing. I would have given a higher rating but I did not care for Wednesday. The ending was to say the least nonexistent. Very unique story overall though.
Derek Parker
Nov 17, 2016 Derek Parker rated it really liked it
A fascinating series of stories covering a week inside of a surrealistic library. We interviewed Will and John recently for The Comics Alternative, and it was fascinating to talk with them about the genesis and development of this project.
Amelia
Dec 02, 2016 Amelia rated it really liked it
"If I could only use one word to describe One Week in the Library, it would be “meta”. This is a graphic novel that connects all known universes and then breaks the fourth wall down with a sledgehammer."

Interested in the full review? Check out the Rogues Portal link for this and other reviews!
Jon Schafle
Jan 16, 2017 Jon Schafle rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics, fantasy
The premise had a lot of potential. I might be bias because I actually work in a library, but this could have been a lot better.
Brent Gladney
Jan 16, 2017 Brent Gladney rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
A book I liked that I could have loved, if not for the utterly abysmal, abandoned, deus ex machina ending.
Joseph Crawford
Dec 17, 2016 Joseph Crawford rated it really liked it
Picked this one up yesterday. Quick read. Each chapter is a day at the library. I think it is a statement of how we use books, and the effect that they have on us. Enjoyable.
Karen
Dec 22, 2016 Karen rated it liked it
An interesting setting but a wee bit pretentious.
Lionel
Dec 31, 2016 Lionel rated it really liked it
Fascinating even though there was no real plot
Kenny
Dec 03, 2016 Kenny rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
Booklovers! Orgas!
Deirdre
Jan 09, 2017 Deirdre rated it liked it
The ending left me unsatisfied.
Matt Sowell
Jan 07, 2017 Matt Sowell rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
An interesting read. I'm still not sure what to make of it. I enjoyed the bits of stories dashed in and the ending was nicely poetic. I would have enjoyed more of an actual story but I get the feeling this was a one off, and I'm fine with that. I'm not sure where else they could take this.
Ashley Will
Dec 09, 2016 Ashley Will rated it really liked it
a fun quick read in graphic novel form that is dark and makes the reader think
Fiore777
Fiore777 rated it it was ok
Jan 12, 2017
Jerrie
Jerrie rated it liked it
Dec 14, 2016
Tim
Tim rated it liked it
Dec 10, 2016
Stacey
Stacey rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2017
Lucas
Lucas rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2017
Kati
Kati rated it it was ok
Dec 27, 2016
Abhinash Borah
Abhinash Borah rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2016
Paul Porry
Paul Porry rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2016
Patrícia Liana
Patrícia Liana rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2016
Jacquelyn
Jacquelyn rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2017