Start by marking “Execution Is Everything: The Girl (Jon Kaine #1, part 1)” as Want to Read:
Execution Is Everything: The Girl (Jon Kaine #1, part 1)

Execution Is Everything: The Girl

(Jon Kaine #1, part 1)

When you have 10 seconds to live, Execution Is Everything.

Dr. Jon Kaine has flown into New York to commit a crime, but that’s not the problem. The problem is the late-night bar he hides out in, the gang that runs it, and the beautiful woman who follows him inside.

Kaine is a psychologist – more used to business pitches than bar fights – but as the night descends into viol
Published July 16th 2016 by Stories That Mean Business (first published July 15th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Execution Is Everything, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Execution Is Everything

Rachael
Sep 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Addicted!

I couldn't put this down and now can't stop guessing what happens next!!! Engaging from the our set until the end. What happens next!!!!
Delaney Diamond
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thriller, free-read
One word: wow. I need this book to be turned into a movie and allow the main character to narrate the story.

I could not put this book down. Definitely in my top 5 of thrillers. Warren spins a unique tale by introducing us to Dr. Kaine, a protagonist who’s a psychologist. He's able to “read” people and use his knowledge to his advantage. I first read the novella and then the sequel the author offered for free. Warren packed so much into the story, and frankly, you never really know what’s going
Ronald Keeler
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Execution Is Everything by Nick Warren surprised me with how clever it is with surprising twists that might leave the reader confused until page 144 (the last page). And it is free for purchase on Amazon as of the date of this review. It is free for purchase, NOT through Kindle Unlimited. At the end of the novel, Warren describes how and why he wrote this novel and mentions how he decided to follow up his characters with second and third novels that together have 110 000 additional words. Follow ...more
Helena Wann
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Smart and witty.....

Ok first I don't like writing these but as this is someone just starting I had to do my part.Second did I say that this man has real talent?this is fun,smart,and just down right entertaining.Well be looking out for any and all new thrillers from this author.Bravo....
Galéa Gumbs
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE THIS BOOK ! It's a fast read and a very good story.. I've just started part 2 and I am loving it so far.
Z.A. Coe
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was short and sweet.

Okay, it wasn't really sweet. But what I mean is that there was nothing to hate in it.

Nick Warren did a great job of dissolving my time with this book. I started it in the morning, thought about it all day long, and stayed up way too late to finish it. His pacing was spot on and the story was very well delivered.

I typically don't like prose that cuts out all the extraneous words, but Warren's prose made excellent use of every single word and every single sentence. N
Debbie Bartlett
Apr 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book had me from the first to last page. There have been books that have done that in the past, but this one I couldn't predict WHICH IS UNUSUAL! Definitely worth reading.
Karla Gibson
Ya know how in your favourite tv program, at the end of a series (or season as Americans term it) they leave you with a cliff hanger, shouting at the tv..... No!!! You can't leave it like that.....
Yer, this is pretty much the same thing, but fear not, unlike your tv shows, where you waiting months, and months, parts 2 & 3 are apparently ready to rumble.
Can't pass judgment on them yet, just know im eager to get started.
And let's face it, free is a darn good price to take a punt at a book, go
Carol Wilson
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
No start and finish date because I read it in one day! I couldn't put it down, but it left me wanting more. I kept looking to see if I missed some pages...what a cliffhanger. :) I love the way the characters are so well developed. I can relate to Jon's desire to be unencumbered by relationships, but I hope he'll get over it before the series is over. I'm ready book 2 now and like it just as much as the first one.
Russell Quinton
Apr 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great story line, interesting characters,lesson in the psychological aspect in life as related to similarities in the story. I really liked the story and recommend that you read it
Sandy
Mar 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
A great short novel.

I really liked this book. I loved the psychology used to outwit the "bad guys". And I really enjoyed the information about how the human brain makes the body react in different ways to differing circumstances.
The reason for a 4 instead of a 5 was because of the use of the F word.
Thanks for the book and I hope this review is acceptable.
Darlene
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
For a short story it packs quite a punch. I just loved the character of Dr. Jon Kaine. He was smart, cheeky, and a somewhat of a badass, in that he showed no fear in the face of danger. I was so glad to see this short story continued with full length books! I'm so excited. I've found a great new author (to me) in Nick Warren. If you read this book you won't be disappointed.
Dona
Apr 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Was directed to this book by another author. It was free so I thought why not, it's short and a quick read. I loved it and was hooked from the start. It's pacey, fast, humorous. Can't wait for the longer read when the characters will be fleshed out a little more. Well done, Nick, a brilliantly career move.
Crystal Bradford
Mar 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Surprising!

Surprising that I enjoyed the book! I usually don't enjoy books that are set in England, but this one piqued my interest! It is quick, and makes you pick out connections! Thanks for a good read!
F E W Timberlake
Apr 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Was directed to this by another author and it was a brilliant decision to follow that authors advice. An unusual but fascinating story, well worth your time and what is even better it's free. Can't wait for the next instalment. Well done Nick, keep up the very good work
Gaylord White
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great book that is a fast read. Great read for a thee hour or more ride to work or on a trip .

It keeps you thinking what else can happen to this poor guy. Is he a hit man or what is the reason for this trip.
Steven Moore
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely fantastic.

A very well crafted and perfectly paced thriller. It's abundantly clear Warren is a writer who leaves no stone unturned, and with equal parts gritty action and psychology, I was hooked from first page to last.

Looking forward to the next instalment.
spyros manolopoulos
Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
A very promising start

Likeable and fallible hero, interesting characters, good plot, steady pace with no loss of attention. In all a very promising start, so much so that i want to see what happens next.. Off to download the sequels!
Hayley
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant

Absolutely brilliant first book by Nick Warren. Fantastic storyline and characters. Haven't been able to put it down since beginning the first page and have downloaded the next two free installments straight away . I would happily highly recommend!
Anthony Bell
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great read, so different.

This short story is packed with tension and delightfully different. The journey into psychology is fascinating. Looking forward to the next book.
Shani Haywood
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put this down once I had started. Very cleverly written and engaging from the first... my only complaint is I needed it to be a lot longer... I want more!
Deb
Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read the pilot and am now reading the full book. The pilot is worth reading, good action and lots of thought provoking script. Some of the spelling is a little weird but that could have something to do with the difference in UK English and US English. The one thing that I had a problem with is the female cop at the beginning, "Natalie". She is such a weakling! She should have been written stronger and way more knowledgeable in self-defense skills. Other than that the book is well worth the rea ...more
Izzy
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

Love this book, lots to look forward to from the remaining two books, can't wait to received the links to finish what I have started
Harry
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short but sweet. Instead of disarming the villains with martial arts, Jon Kaine disarms them with psychology. I love the way tghe first and second halves of the book come together.
Jay Williams
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A good, quick story. Not an extraneous word as Jon Kaine is drawn into danger when he stops at a bar to kill some time. A limited cast of characters provides the basis for action that continues unchecked. After an exciting buildup, the end sequence is so suspenseful I forgot to breath. Every word has meaning, and I immediately wanted to reread this book to try to absorb them all.
Kara Su
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy wild ride, Batman!

Tightly written, insightful and gripping - this short story was good enough that I was willing to trade my personal information for the second piece of the story! Well done, Mr Warren, well done indeed.
Sarah Barber
Jul 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

For the first couple of pages I wasn't sure I was going to enjoy this novella. It had the feel of a old style gum-shoe detective story. However once beyond that first little bit I was hooked, in fact I couldn't put it down.

The story developed fast and gave good characters who were engaging and believable.

It contains more depth than a lot of stories of this length.

If you like reading about action, crime, psychology, drama...... Let's change that..... If you like reading - you'll like (i
M Tierney
Aug 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Good Things Come In Small Packages

A shortish story that has everything a longer read has, yet the brevity of the tale doesn't mean a compromise on substance.
The characters are incredibly well defined considering you could almost read the whole book during your lunch break!
I've signed up for part two as I should imagine everyone who has read part one has. Good stuff.
Debbie Lilley
Nice short read. Did leave you with wanting to know more which I guess is a good thing to encourage you to buy the rest in the series
Paul Derrick
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

Fast and flowing page turner haven't read anything by this either before but Will certainly put him on my watch list
  • To Love a Stranger
  • Cold Blood (John Jordan Mystery #13)
  • Summer of Secrets
  • Scrivener Essentials: A Quick Start Visual Guide For Windows Users
  • Witness to Death
  • Implicated
  • Get Lost (A Gabe McKenna Mystery Book 2)
  • More Than One Kind
  • Naked Truths
  • Over My Dead Body (Father Frank Mysteries #2)
  • The Highland Murders: Book 1
  • Sign of the Times
  • Fifteen Postcards
  • Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 tips for fascinating characters
  • The Piano Player's Son
  • Hard Fall (A Thomas Blume Thriller, #1)
  • Pursuit
  • Divorcees.Biz

Jon Kaine (4 books)
  • The Storm Beneath (Jon Kaine #2)
  • Execution Is Everything: The Breach (Jon Kaine #1, part 2)
  • Execution Is Everything: Everything Ends (Jon Kaine #1, part 3)