Start by marking “Meeting The Unpredictable” as Want to Read:
Meeting The Unpredictable

Meeting The Unpredictable

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  219 Ratings  ·  96 Reviews
What happens when opposites attract?

Tyler has spent the last six years constructing his perfectly boring life, which is exactly the way he wants it. He spends his days hiding behind the protective walls he has so carefully built and has no intentions of changing . . . until he meets the unpredictable.

Lennie Jacobs is an intoxicating mess. She never stays anywhere long enou
Paperback
Published September 29th 2016 by Riann C. Miller

To ask other readers questions about Meeting The Unpredictable, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meeting The Unpredictable

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description

O-M-G the Feels in the book...the F-E-E-L-S...THANK YOU...THANK YOU...THANK YOU Riann Miller for gifting me an ARC of this fabulous book of yours.

description
"Lennie, I tried not to like you, but I couldn’t. I tried like hell not to fall in love with you, but I ended up loving everything about you. You make me crazy in a way I didn’t know was possible."
description

Tyler Brooker spends his days locked away in his apartment working and avoiding all that life has to offer. Boring, safe and predictable, that's the way he
Dilek VT
A book that you can use as "therapy" :)

“Acceptance is a gift not everyone will give.” - Lennie

“I want you, just you, and that means I’ll take you any way you come.” - Tyler

“Meeting the Unpredictable” is a touching story of two broken people: Lennie & Tyler.

On the surface they appear to be opposites but in fact, they share many things in common.

We have hints from the beginning of the book that both Tyler and Lennie have experienced a kind of trauma in their past which have caused them to
NiCoLeTa E.
***4 "Unpredictable Love" stars***

“If you run, I’ll chase you... You can run to the ends of the earth and I’ll still chase you because you matter to me...”
“Where have you been my whole life, Tyler Brooker?”
“I’ve been waiting to meet the unpredictable Lennie Jacobs.”

Wow!!! I wasn't expecting this book to be so lovely!!! And it took me by a great surprise!!!!
This story was a wonderful companion full of joy, life, laugh, sadness and many things that were lying underneath the surface!!!

It was a
Ramona
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Thank God I've found this book!! I was in need of a warming yet dramatic love story and I got what I've wanted.
I usually enjoy love stories about a nice girl and a bad boy, but this book was not disappointing even when the roles were reversed.

As you know, I don't like spoilers and my main focus will be on the main characters.
Lennie is a wild soul, with a tormented childhood that happened mostly in hospitals and looking for treatments for her leukemia. As the title tells us, she is unpredictab
Jen
4.5 All the Feels Stars

I’ve mastered the art of hiding in plain sight. Spotting someone else doing the same thing is easy. I might not be in Dallas for long, but I plan to be here long enough to help my new friend figure out how to have fun.

When Lennie knocked on his door and asked to borrow some cooking oil, Tyler had absolutely no idea his life was about to take a 180 degree turn.

On the surface, these two couldn’t be more different.

Tyler’s completely steady, a little staid and most definitely
Linda Kage
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Started out with this funky, unusual heroine that did the most outrageous things. I pictured Tyler, the hero, as a sexy, straight-laced nerd with glasses or something. He was always exasperated but patient with Lenny, which made me like him.

I was curious to know what Lenny was going to do next and it was usually way out there and gasp-worthy. But then we learned more about the characters and what kinds of things made them tick, and the story took a more serious, sad turn.

I'm happy the two ended
Bev
Lennie is a runner – when the going gets tough Lennie gets going, so I wasn’t sure about this one because I don’t want to read about a heroine who’s constantly running or pushing people away. However, the pull of Tyler being a reclusive, geeky hottie won out, and I’m glad he did because on the whole I really liked this one.

Lennie’s issues stem from an awful childhood where she spent a lot of it very sick, so she learned to suck up the bad, put a smile on it and appear to be the life and soul of
KAS
Oct 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Definitely a second chance, make the most out of everyday, read. I really liked the H and h. Tyler has been nursing a broken heart since his high school/college girlfriend, Amber, broke off their engagement two weeks prior to the wedding for another guy, which leads him to trust no one, and for good reason! He has pretty much retreated from any kind of real social life for the past six years and has settled nicely into his boring, work, work, work, all the time existence.

Enter, Lennie, a no hold

Hero (Tyler): 28yrs old – 3/5
Plot: 2/5
Grovel: none
Cheating: none
HEA: yes but I don't see why we have a five year epilogue with no kids...just the hint of a possible kid
Triggers: OW drama

Average score: 2/5

Best Line: “You should be a disappointment to yourself, Lennie, and the fact that you’re not is unnerving.”

Worst Line: h: “I’ve found I have a lot to offer the world and it feels like I’m c
Tamara
6 stars

Meeting the Unpredictable by Riann C. Miller was a beautiful, touching and thought provoking story about living each day to the fullest and finding love in the most unexpected of places.

Lennie quite literally forces her way into Tyler’s quiet, and ordered life. He works from home, and often doesn’t leave his apartment in the “retirement home” for days at a time, however she’s made it her personal mission to make sure that Tyler gets out and starts having more fun.

Lennie: “Let’s get out
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
"Sometimes you have to walk in the dark in order to see the sunlight. But nobody warns you that the darkness can last so unbelievably long that you can forget the sun exists."

I loved this book because it made me feel so much for both Lennie and Tyler. They were both fighters, fighting themselves, fighting the world and ultimately fighting for each other. I grew to love both these characters, flaws and all. My emotions where all over the place, right along with Tyler and Lennie. I was laughing
Halime   Yazıcı Mimaroğlu
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
uzun yorucu ve meşgul bir dönemin üzerine ilaç gibi gelen güzel bir kitaptı.
story was perfect language, characters specially lennie was fantastic. I love it 😊❤
Penny
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4 “Stop thinking about getting rid of me” Stars

Lennie has been moving from place to place, never really settling anywhere for the last decade. Something in her past has fueled this behavior and her not getting along with her family certainly doesn’t help. Once a year she goes home and this time she’s back earlier than she had planned, so she decides to crash with her sister. Cue in the hot-guy-neighbor whose reclusive life fuels Lennie’s mischievous side and she sets on disrupting his life.

At fi
April
 photo e215f2dc-d1ef-43a8-a509-7158ff83cbea_zpspncqjq4z.jpg
Meeting the Unpredictable is not what Tyler was expecting. After being betrayed by the two people he thought he could trust, Tyler now pretty much lives and works inside the walls that he has built around himself.

Lennie has returned home and is temporarily staying with her sister, who happens to be Tyler's neighbour. Lennie is quite the breath of fresh air!! You know that she's running away from something, and that it's tied to her childhood, but her focus is living in the now.

The way she str
Kimmy (Sinfully Snarky Reviews)
5 Emotional Heartfelt Stars!

Meeting the Unpredictable was one heck of an emotional amazing read! I couldn't put this book. Meeting the unpredictable just drew me right in and didn't let go until the very last page. Just make sure you have a package of tissues on hand because you need them.

Lennie has come home for her yearly visit after keeping her family at arms distance. She actually keeps EVERYONE at arms distance and doesn't get attached to anything or anyone. Lennie lives her life as if ea
Chantal ❤️
Oct 04, 2016 marked it as never-for-me
PERSONAL NOTE FOR ME, FAILED EPILOGUE THAT DELIVERS LITTLE.
Also, have issues with the heroines behaviour.
It's a skip for me.
Lainey Da Silva PA
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was such a beautiful story about two  people that were both dealt a troubled/traumatic past for two totally different reasons but found love and peace with life after finding each other.

Lennie grew up Missing the normal teenage life that we all take for granted and as a result she rebelled and lived for the moment never thinking about what the future held. She carried a guilt with her constantly nagging at her that she didn't deserve to win, to be free of the cards she was dealt at such an
LettyT
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's honestly impossible for me to not love any of this author's work. She is such an incredible author, I can't understand how she's not on every book shelf in every home and store in the world! I would read her grocery list if she sent it to me...I'd probably even shop for her!

As much as I just want to tell you everything about this book because I loved every word of it, I can't because you have to read it for yourself. This is the story of Tyler and Lennie. Tyler works at home and pretty much
Jenna
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm going to start by saying that Riann is becoming one of my favorite authors! She really knows how to write a story that really hits home and makes you fall for her characters!

You get to meet Tyler, who hasn't had the best of luck with past relationships and is pretty much a homebody who doesn't want to change his ways. Then comes Lennie, she is the complete opposite. She isn't going to sit around while life moves on without her. She is going to live it up in all ways possible. Can we say oppo
Jenna
Oct 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Hanne
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult
I really loved this book. Awesome characters, superb writing and great plot. I loved Tyler and Lennie together. Opposites do attract sometimes and then they discover that they have more in common than they thought. I loved how Tyler changed. He eventually loves spending time with Lennie and finds himself waiting for her to storm into his apartment. Lennie changes his life. Lennie enjoys life and is very spontaneous. She has a big secret and I wanted to know what it is she's hiding. I found it ve ...more
Three Chicks
Oct 18, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
Review by Trinette Dungee

Tyler Brooker and Lennie Jacobs couldn’t be more different if they tried…but are they really so different?

I’m going to give this a try without giving too much away. I think you should experience it just like I did.This book was nothing like I thought it would be; the characters were nothing like I thought they’d be. At first description I figured Lennie was going to be a total flake and she was to a certain extent. I figured the reason for her flightiness would
2OCC Reviews
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gemma
I am a huge fan of Riann C. Miller and love all of her books. However, I don’t think there are words to describe how much I love her newest book. Meeting the Unpredictable was an amazing story that had me reading into the early hours of the morning because I could not put it down. Riann C. Miller has written an incredible story that has so much emotion written throughout it. I felt connected to this story from the moment I started reading it because of the amazing writing style of the author.

I a
Carolyn's
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley
Lennie Jacobs entered this story like a hurricane. I had a hard time reading and keeping up and began to wonder if she might be bipolar. Honestly, a couple of times I thought I was going to lay the book down and not finish it because I just couldn't get into it or couldn't keep up- like I said- a hurricane and my head was spinning.

I stuck with it- and not only stuck with it but give it 4 stars even after a struggling beginning for me. The heart of the story is the pain, love and acceptance that
i fall in love book blog
Meeting the Unpredictable is the 2nd book I've read by Riann C. Miller. She's an author that's new to me this year and someone I'm keeping an eye on.

I expected to love Lennie right away, but surprisingly that wasn't the case. I'm usually a fan of the Manic Pixie Dream Girl (I know. Hate me.) But she was a little over the top at the beginning, even for me. Fast forward to the end of chapter 4... and I was sucked in by her crazy-yet-lovable antics.

You know throughout the book that both Lennie and
Heather B
Sep 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, arc
Unpredictable! Exactly that and so much more! Riann C. Miller wove a truly magnificent story within these pages. They were full of laughs, emotional ups & downs, hopes, dreams, regrets and loss of hope - the full spectrum. In the midst of that is a developing relationship between two polar opposites. I absolutely loved this story and through most of it, I was so heart broken thinking I knew how this story was going to end... however, Riann delivers a remarkable ending that couldn't have been ...more
Misty Sulouff
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book I've read of Riann Miller's. I was very impressed. I absolutely fell in love with Lennie and Tyler's story. They say opposites attract, but do they??
Lennie doesn't stay in one place for long and doesn't keep a job, therefore she is Unpredictable. Tyler has a job working at home and lives a pretty boring life. That is until Lennie walked straight into his life. No matter how annoying she got, he still couldn't tell her to leave. Lennie hasn't wanted anything but sex and Tyle
Stacey
Sep 26, 2016 rated it really liked it

This was my first Riann C. Miller experience. What an experience.!!

Unpredictable is definitely the word I would use to describe this book. It was full of emotion, laughs and life lessons.

I really don't want to spoil this experience for anyone, it's a journey you must take on your own. I will say that I love the idea of Lennie, the wild, crazy and unpredictable woman entering Tyler, the straight laced, closed off and predictable man's life. It made for all sorts of fun and was very entertaining!
Jennifer Oloughlin
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Lennie knew how to shake up a situation, for better or worse. The way their friendship develops is super funny because Tyler is so uptight.

Experiencing the way their story evolves from a begrudging friendship to love, was amazing. Lennie’s story was so moving, everything she experienced made her want to live for the moment. Tyler’s reactions to everything Lennie does made their story much more comical than I was expecting. I seriously have a major weakness for funny love stor
Natasha
Sep 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
4* read.
This was a really beautiful story and a rollercoaster journey of emotions.
Lennie and Tyler are complete opposites but thats what I loved about them, the differences and how opposite they were yet both broken but fit together. Its hard to say to much without giving anything away but this certainly a book that'll stay with you days/weeks after and really make you think.
Be prepared to go a an emotional journey that will keep you addicted till the last page.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Riann C. Miller lives in southeast Kansas and writes steamy contemporary romance stories. When she’s not reading or writing, she spends time with her friends and family or you might catch her watching a baseball game with a beer in her hand.

Riann who pronounces her name (Ry-an) also preoccupies a lot of her time on social media connecting with readers.

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/authorrian
More about Riann C. Miller...

“We don't choose love, love chooses us, and when that happens, you have to stop fighting and embrace the gift you're given.” 0 likes