Start by marking “In Sickness and In Elf (Paranormal Wedding Planners #1)” as Want to Read:
In Sickness and In Elf (Paranormal Wedding Planners #1)

In Sickness and In Elf

(Paranormal Wedding Planners #1)

First in a new series from RWA Golden Heart® winning author and RITA® Finalist, AE Jones

Meet Alex Bennett—wedding phobic in a family of wedding planners. Not the best combination, but being left at the altar can wreak havoc on one’s self-esteem. When Alex’s grandmother requests her help with a high-profile wedding, Alex sets aside her fears to attend. But when the bride r
Published May 2nd 2016 by Gabby Reads Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about In Sickness and In Elf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Sickness and In Elf

Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
4.5 PTWD 'Post Traumatic Wedding Disorder' Stars

This story was absolutely adorable. All the quirky supernaturals kept me continuously giggling and smiling.

description

Alex Bennett was left at the alter. That experience made her developed a phobia for weddings. It was so bad, she had to take a break from her grandmother's wedding planning business.

With the help from her therapist, she eventually was able to come back to work. Unfortunately, there were larger things she had to worry about. Someone was sabota
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
From The Book Junkie Reads . . . In Sickness and in Elf (Paranormal Wedding Planners, #1) . . .
I love the characters. They are well developed, rich and very entertaining. I was greatly intrigued by paranormal wedding planners with one of them having a fear of weddings. I did understand her and enjoy getting to know Alex and Devin, a paranormal with no power.

These two had me turning the pages just to see what was coming next. It was not just them. I felt engaged with most all the characters that
Chloe Flowers
May 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the first book in this series and eagerly await the next one. The characters are all unique and well-developed, the plot is engaging and the premise unique and fun. I love A.E. Jones' voice and sense of humor. Great read!!
Jaycee Jarvis
Super fun, quick read with just the kind of light-hearted humor I was looking for. Fantastic high jinx and paranormal quirkiness reminiscent of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
Nieca
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An unexpected delight. Adorable. Love books that have me laughing.
A Hopeless Romantic's Booklandia
The title was the first thing that grabbed my attention about this book because I love the paranormal genre and it intrigued me enough to read the synopsis and once I did - I couldn't wait to read it! I'm so glad that I saw In Sickness and In Elf because it was truly amazing and I absolutely, positively loved it. In fact, it is the best paranormal book that I've read outside of my favorite paranormal authors like Kresley Cole and Sherrilyn Kenyon!

It seems like it's been a theme with me to read
Paula  Phillips
May 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ever since I first saw the movie starring Jennifer Lopez and Matthew McConaughey , I have always been fascinated by Wedding Planners and then of course 27 Dresses came along and that was another favourite wedding movie. The other thing as I love organising things, wedding planning has always sounded like an amazing job to get into. So when I saw AE Jones's new book up for grabs , I knew I had to review it and I loved it. A little slow in places though but that was made up by the storyline as we ...more
Kay Hudson
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books, romance
In the first entry in AE Jones’ new Paranormal Wedding Planners series, In Sickness and in Elf, Alex Bennett returns reluctantly to her grandmother’s bridal business. Left at the altar two years earlier, Alex has developed a downright phobia about weddings, but when her grandmother asks for her help, she can hardly refuse. Turns out she doesn’t know the half of her family business, Bennett Bridal, until she sees a runaway bride turn into something else entirely.

When Devin Cole shows up to invest
Rebecca
May 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun new storyline

With this book, AE Jones introduces a cast of new characters and explores the question of what a paranormal wedding might look like. I really enjoyed it and am especially grateful that it doesn't end on a cliffhanger since I imagine it might be some time before the next book is released. If you haven't tried this author yet, I highly recommend you try this or her Mind Sweeper series.
Kimmie
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful book, and a great start to a new series,
I cannot wait to get my hands on the next book. This was
my first book from Author A.E. Jones, but will not be my last.
This book was extremely engaging, I could not put it down.
I had to know what was happening next. So much so before
I knew it, it was 8am and I had finished the book.

This story is centered on Alex and her Grandmother’s Bridal
Company. Everything is going along fine till the Bride runs.
Worried for the woman unlike her br
Frank Bertino
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Faery Excellent Book

Alex was abandoned at the alter, and ever since has had a phobia about attending wedding ceremonies. Unfortunately her grandmother has a wedding planning business and wants Alex to inherit it. Alex has returned to help out in the business since someone has been sabotaging the weddings. Enter Devin who is an extremely hot, stubborn, bossy, in charge alpha male. He has been called in by his sister to solve the problem. Unfortunately (or possibly fortunately), Devin has met his
Ebonii Hodgers
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
[Disclaimer: I'm lazy and will use a tweaked version of this review for the other 2 in the series I've read.] I really enjoyed this book. So much so that I read the other 2 that are out, before even getting to this review. The series has a nice element of romance and humor, but what really got me was the world she has built. The characters and world are well written and there is "meaning" if you will in this series. Usually when someone tries to bury a message in my paranormal romance, it's anno ...more
Tera Comer
Jan 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the 2nd book I have read from this author the first was the first book in her other series. I loved this book it had so many different quirky supernaturals in it, that it made it adorable. There was also action and suspense in it and a big ole shock at the end. You wanna know what that shock is you will have to read it for yourself. I can not wait to read the rest of this series. I received a free copy of this book and volunteered to review it.
LEAH ANN
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fabulous paranormal book....

I loved this book. This is the first book I have read by this author and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It had everything I like in a book, mystery, intrigue, humor, romance, passion, etc. The two main characters fit well together. He is the one who loves control and she is the one who hates being told what to do by him. Oil and water. Lol. It's a wonderful book that had my attention to the very last page. Looking forward to the next one.
Michelle
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantasy Fun!

A very enjoyable read. A wedding phobic wedding planner who suddenly stumbles onto the truth of supernatural beings all around her. As she’s thrown into this strange new world to try and save her grandmother’s business she discovers a surprising truth about herself. Action, adventure and supernatural fun rolled into one.
Mnms
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Don't be discouraged by the title or the cover, it's not overly sweet or chatty, but a good and entertaining investigation/romance that happens to revolve around weddings. It does have one or two chapters near the end that seem rushed and half-hearted, but overall it is really well written and kind of addicting.
Dallass
An fun read

If you are a fan of MaryJanice Davidson, Dakota Cassidy, Molly Harper or Katie MacAlister then you’ll enjoy In Sickness and in Elf.

With fun characters, a zany plot, and a couple of twists thrown in, this story held my attention as the pages flew by.

3.25 stars 🌟
Sharon Paton
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good funny story

Great story. HEA that ENDS! Okay, one couples story is done but carries on in the next.
Funny, believable paranormal characters.
That’s all I’m going to say, because I’ve already purchased the next two books!
Billie Jo W.
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved this book. Great, fast, fun read. It had action, mystery, humor and romance.
Melanie
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a first read for me by AE Jones and I can guarantee you it will not be my last. I fell in love with her writing in this book and I am looking forward to more in this awesome series!

Alex is a young lady that when we meet her at first in this story, she is getting married and her grandmother, having her own wedding coordinator/planning business, only will accept the best for Alex. What her grandmother did not expect is for Alex to get left at the alter. Now Alex has wedding phobia and her
Dana Busenbark
From In Sickness and in Elf, "How can one beautiful, stubborn woman wreack so much havoc without even realizing it?" Alex is the granddaughter of a wedding planner who has lost hope in love it appears. Why has she lost hope in love? What has happened to her in the past? Devin is a paranormal who has had his powers taken away. Why? Or were they lost? As we get to see Devin working with his sister, Peggy. With everything going on with incidents at weddings that her grandmother's company, Bennett B ...more
Miranda Liasson
May 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Fabulous Read, Humor and Heart!

I loved AE Jones’s Mindsweeper series, the first book of which was nominated for the prestigious Romance Writers of America Rita Award for Best First Book as well as for the Best Paranormal Romance. Now I’m happy to report she’s done it again—created a brand new world of characters and a book you can’t put down. I mean, how can you even say paranormal wedding planners and not chuckle hysterically?

Alex Bennett has a problem. She works for her grandmother’s
Lisa Eiff
Weddings aren't really my thing in most circumstances, but I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed reading this book. Plenty of supernatural beings are presented in the story, and it's full of twists and turns to keep you reading. I liked a few mystery elements were included to peak the readers interest, and really enjoyed learning more about the characters included in this book.
Books 2 Blog
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This author is a new one for me and I didn’t know what to expect when I started reading this book. Fortunately for me I was gripped from the very beginning.

Alex Bennett was jilted at the altar and as a result of that she suffers from "wedding phobia" no big deal right? Except when your grandmother runs one of the most successful wedding businesses in the field and someone is trying to sabotage them and Alex has to step in and help find out who and why. Add into the mix Devin and a whole world Al
Julie
A.E. Jones is becoming a favourite. When I got the chance to review the start of a new series with In Sickness and in Elf, I jumped at the chance. What a great new book it turned out to be.

Alex hates weddings with a passion, but being left at the altar can do that to a girl. So running away from that event was the only act for Alex, the only problems she has is that her family are all in the business of wedding planners!! Oh and she has no idea that they cater for supernatural beings as well as
Kimmie
Apr 28, 2016 marked it as to-read
What a wonderful book, and a great start to a new series,
I cannot wait to get my hands on the next book. This was
my first book from Author A.E. Jones, but will not be my last.
This book was extremely engaging, I could not put it down.
I had to know what was happening next. So much so before
I knew it, it was 8am and I had finished the book.

This story is centered on Alex and her Grandmother’s Bridal
Company. Everything is going along fine till the Bride runs.
Worried for the woman unlike her br
Petula
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This story is great fun.
Since she was jilted two years ago, Alex Bennett has suffered from PTWD post traumatic wedding disorder. For most that would not be a problem but The Bennett family business is wedding planing. Alexs grandmother told her to have a rest from the business, but now is the time to face her fear and help out at a big society wedding. When it ends in disaster Alex is convinced she has lost her mind completely. Alex is trying hard to help save Bennett Brides but someone is out
Fiction  Vixens Blog
This was my first time reading anything by A.E Jones and I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed this great story. A.E Jones has given us a story that pulls us in and holds us there from start to finish and leaves us wanting more from this author. All the great characters are a joy and fun to read about,and there is also many magical creatures that are trying so hard to work together. Alex Bennett is the granddaughter and heir to the Bennett Bridals ,but however Alex has some phobias the biggest ...more
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description

The first book in the Paranormal Wedding Planners Series completely swept me off my feet. Mystery, suspense, action, comedy, and romance, this book had a little of everything!
Jones pulled me into her world of elves, werewolves, selkies, and a variety of other interesting creatures. As Alex learned about the paranormal aspects surrounding her, we gained an understanding as well. It made my introduction to everything feel natural and fluid.
I absolutely adored the entire cast of characters Jones
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Main Attraction (Perfectly Wicked, # 1)
  • Hitman Wedding (Bad Boy Inc., #4)
  • Pure Healing (Pure/ Dark Ones #1)
  • Barking Up the Wrong Tree (Sex and Sweet Tea, #3)
  • Better Love (Wingmen, #4)
  • Field-Tripped (Ad Agency #3)
  • Wild Card (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
  • My Fair Duchess (Dukes Behaving Badly, #5)
  • Dragon Knight's Medallion (Order of the Dragon Knights, #2)
  • Skinny Pants (Happy Pants #3)
  • Stray Magic (Strays, #1)
  • The Princess and the Pizza Man (Frostville, #1)
  • Harmony and High Heels (Fort Worth Wranglers #2)
  • Cozy Leading Ladies
  • Searching for Billy Shakespeare
  • Romancing the Bachelor (Hamilton Family #2)
  • The Chateau of Happily-Ever-Afters
  • A Forbidden Taking (Aaron's Kiss, #11)
Growing up a TV junkie, award winning author AE Jones oftentimes rewrote endings of episodes in her head when she didn’t like the outcome. She immersed herself in sci-fi and soap operas. But when Buffy hit the little screen she knew her true love was paranormal. Now she spends her nights weaving stories about all variation of supernatural—their angst and their humor. After all life is about both…w ...more

Paranormal Wedding Planners (3 books)
  • From this Fae Forward (Paranormal Wedding Planners #2)
  • To Have and To Howl (Paranormal Wedding Planners #3)