Start by marking “How to Manage Your Money When You Don't Have Any” as Want to Read:
How to Manage Your Money When You Don't Have Any

How to Manage Your Money When You Don't Have Any

Unlike many personal finance books, How to Manage Your Money When You Don't Have Any was specifically written for Americans who struggle to make it on a monthly basis. It provides a respectful, no-nonsense look at the difficult realities of our modern economy, along with an easy-to-follow path toward better financial stability that will give hope to even the most financial ...more
Audio CD
Published April 12th 2016 by Tantor Audio

To ask other readers questions about How to Manage Your Money When You Don't Have Any, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Manage Your Money When You Don't Have Any

Start your review of How to Manage Your Money When You Don't Have Any
Destiny
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I initially borrowed this book from the library because the title was intriguing and relatable. I was not disappointed. While the writing style could be better, I'm not in this one for entertainment. This book lays out so many thought processes that I didn't really realize I already had. His style of "budgeting" is absolutely genius and so relatable for people like me. He never assumes you are funding your retirement account or that you have any disposable income you're just throwing away on imp ...more
Daria Doshrelli
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
Whether you feel like you have money or not, this is a good read to help you get back to appreciation for the many blessings you enjoy. Reading this book every now and then will help you retain rational thought when faced with the many daily threats to your financial stability.

Financial stability is really what's discussed here, and how you can make more meaningful decisions with whatever money you have, whether a lot or a little. It's a throwback to the days when people weren't expe
Clay Byron
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've read a LOT of finance books, but most are centered around a position of abundance. If you are down to your last dollar and don't know where to go, this book provides some pragmatic advice on how to manage what little money you may be working with. This book is for those facing foreclosure or other financial ruin. I believe the book is entrenched in a scarcity mindset, which may be detrimental for long term personal growth.
S.T. Gibson
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hustle
This is a heartfelt, practical, tough-love guide to escaping the paycheck-to-paycheck cycle. Unlike most personal finance books, which focus on schemes to build wealth of game the stock market, Wecks is concerned with rescuing families on the brink of foreclosure or bankruptcy and setting them on the most efficient track to true financial stability. Written in the wake of and informed by the 2008 financial crash, this book is sadly still much needed in our strapped gig economy.
Gwendolyn Brooks
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a really good personal finance book for those that are either starting out, such as young adults, or, those who are older but never learned to manage their money. The book is very thorough and starts out with a discussion on how attitudes towards debt and income have changed in our country over time, as well as discusses the author's personal get-out-of-debt and secure my family's financial future story before delving into practical steps anyone can practice to better manage their financ ...more
Victoria Meyer
Aug 19, 2019 rated it did not like it
Yet another book that tells you to budget (revolutionary!), live off cash (amazing!), and just stop spending on stuff you don't need (who would have thought!), without ever trying to deal with the issues that make you overspend in the first place.

I want a book that tackles the 'why' of overspending, and doesn't just tell people to stop without giving them any alternative tools to deal with their impulses or emotions. This book is lazy, derivative, and you are better off just reading a couple 'h
Andrew
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was exactly what I was looking for. It's straight-forward and sensible. There are references to other books and experts on money, but he always credits them, then gives his take. I like the way Wecks breaks down the real-world issues involved with prioritizing how to handle money and not proselytizing how to positive think your way into becoming rich. It's much more accessible to the majority of American struggling out there to make ends meet.
Nat
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great! Finally a book about personal finance thay isn't judgemental. It doesn't assume you have money to set aside for retirement and other things. Instead it focuses on people who can't afford the basics every month. I like it. Some of it is obvious, but isn't all personal finance advice? Don't spend more than you make, don't buy things you can't afford and focus on needs first then wants. All of course are way easier said than done.
Mountain Girl
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
We were at a rented cabin this past weekend, and this is one of the books I picked up off the shelf. A very quick read, full of great ways to start digging ones self out of financial oppression. And if you have already dug yourself out, this book also sets you on course for financial stability. I know about a zillion people who could benefit from this!
Roni Laukkarinen
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is like YNAB methods but extended edition. Well done! Everything is top notch and inspiring. I'm glad we in Finland have free education, free health care and free to use debit cards without any fees. I'd be bankrupt in the USA. Good book about personal finances.
Johnny POH
Sep 23, 2019
Justin Kleinsasser
Jun 10, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Permission to Screw Up: How I Learned to Lead by Doing (Almost) Everything Wrong
  • The F*ck It Diet: Eating Should Be Easy
  • The Automatic Millionaire: A Powerful One-Step Plan to Live and Finish Rich
  • Running with the Mind of Meditation: Lessons for Training Body and Mind
  • How to Date Men When You Hate Men
  • The Warren Buffett Way: Investment Strategies of the World's Greatest Investor
  • The Little Book of Stock Market Cycles: How to Take Advantage of Time-Proven Market Patterns
  • The Simple Faith of Mr. Rogers: Spiritual Insights from the World's Most Beloved Neighbor
  • Praying the Bible
  • The Rogue of Fifth Avenue (Uptown Girls, #1)
  • Real Life, Real Miracles: True Stories That Will Help You Believe
  • The Life of Stuff: A memoir about the mess we leave behind
  • Some Like It Scandalous (The Gilded Age Girls Club, #2)
  • The Trouble with True Love (Dear Lady Truelove, #2)
  • God, Greed, and the (Prosperity) Gospel: How Truth Overwhelms a Life Built on Lies
  • The Mystwick School of Musicraft
  • Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle
I am a full time writer and blogger living in Vancouver, Washington. I am an author of both non-fiction and fiction, as well as a contributor to the GeekDad blog on Wired.com. I write on a wide range of topics. When not waxing poetic on various aspects of fiscal responsibility, I tend toward the geeky.

When not poised over the keyboard, I love to spend time with my family. I am married