Start by marking “To Hate Adam Connor” as Want to Read:
To Hate Adam Connor

To Hate Adam Connor

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  9,124 Ratings  ·  766 Reviews
*Lucy's story is a complete standalone*

So you may ask, who is Adam Connor? He is the recently divorced, Academy Award-winning actor who just moved in next door with his kid. He also happens to be an exquisite male specimen and the most infuriating sly bastard I’ve ever come across.

Published June 9th 2016

To ask other readers questions about To Hate Adam Connor, please sign up.
Ella Maise Hello Mary!!!
Hello Mary!!!
I'm so happy that you're so excited about Lucy's story. It's a good one, I promise. And Jameson...I guess you'll see what he's been up to :) Just between us -- he wasn't taking good care of her heart. ;)(less)
Ella Maise IHi Raeoni! I've had some health issues these last few months which is why I'm so late with Adam Connor. However, I'm going to announce the date in a…moreIHi Raeoni! I've had some health issues these last few months which is why I'm so late with Adam Connor. However, I'm going to announce the date in a week or two. Hopefully it'll be the first half of June though. <3(less)

Jennifer Kyle
Feb 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Cursed STARS

Breaking News: To Hate Adam Connor is a WINNER!

description

Fans of To Love Jason Thorn may remember Olive’s best friend Lucy if not have no fear this story can be read as a standalone. Lucy Meyers feels that the women of her family are cursed. Though she loves to watch her best friend bask in the love she has found she has no disillusions that she will experience the same especially when her boyfriend moves out of town and doesn’t ask her join him.

”I’m never saying I love you to any oth
XxTainaxX
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is my absolute favorite book of 2016! When I tell you I LOVED it, I mean if I was rich, I'd totally buy all of Goodreads their own copy :) Lucy is my kind of heroine. She is sarcastic, hilarious, sweet, sassy and so much more. Adam is a great single father and Lucy's perfect match... even if he's the one that causes her to go to jail LOL Lucy's friendship with her bestie Olive is amazing. The rapport they have feels so genuine and easy that there's no doubt as to the depth of their love for ...more
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

LMAO! Sounds like hero had heroine thrown in jail for stalking!

Stand-alone
Purchase: | AMZ US | AMZ UK |
Blurb:
Let’s be honest here, wouldn’t you wanna take a peek over the wall to catch a glimpse of him, hopefully when he is naked? Wouldn’t you melt away a
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
I'm going to unbreak your heart, Lucy.”

This story is a case of a terrible first impression. Lucy Meyer, having just broken up with her boyfriend and being left practically homeless, moves in with her best friend and her best friend’s husband, Olive and Jason Thorne. Right next door, Hollywood celebrity and recently divorced father of one Adam Connor moves in with his son, Aiden.

Curious about the man next door, Olive and Lucy climb up a ladder to get a peak at their next door neighbor. Soon enou
Maria...
"4,5 Firecracker stars"

This book was AMAZING!!!!

"Let's not play games, Lucy.
I want your heart and I will have it."

description

I loved everything about it and I wasn't expecting to like it so much!It was a nice surprise! I enjoyed Adam and Lucy and their little human Aiden! Of course Olive and Jason were very present in this book and had some funny moments!

description

Let's start with this review and the great things I have to share with you.

This book was pretty funny especially Lucy with Olive were hilarious! They
Olga therebelreader
The story is full of over the top humor, which I enjoyed. It’s funny, sweet and sexy. I laughed out loud so many times and I fell in love with Adam and Lucy.

Lucy is a very likeable heroine that pretty much says whatever she's thinking at the moment. Adam is protective, romantic, sweet and all kinds of wonderful. They are extremely compatible in many aspects and soon they find out they may really like each other and things get more serious.

Two people you know are going to fall in love but the st
Denisa
This is one of those hard to rate books.

At times I adored the MC. She's sarcastic and funny and interesting.
But... Yes, there is always a "but". There were moments when I felt like the author was trying too much and the MC's attitude was exaggerated. She was annoying and she acted like a 5 year old.
Now you see why this book is hard to rate?!

Except the MC, nothing else was remarkable about it. Sorry to say that, since everyone seemed to love this one, but well, it wasn't as special as I expected
Ella Maise
May 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Norah Una Sumner

description

He may be a lot of things - a father, an ex-husband, an Academy Award wining actor, but Adam Connor isn't someone who'll just give up when shit gets real. He's a loyal, persistent and "exquisite male specimen" as our female protagonist Lucy would say. The chemistry between them was da bomb, my friends. That sexual tension was palpable. Even though Lucy thinks the women from her family are cursed when it comes to their love life & keeps pushing Adam away, he's always there to catch h
Paula
Jun 07, 2016 rated it it was ok

I think I could've enjoyed this book more if the heroine wasn't such an annoying, immature, kooky character. I really could not connect with her. I hated the way she continued to play her silly "I hate you but I want you" games almost to the end. I wanted her to own up to her feelings and stop being so...weird. I skimmed from 66% on. Definitely not my cuppa.
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus)

★★★4.5 You're everything to me Stars ★★★★

Get ready ladies ! There’s a new hottie that just hit town! Seriously no kidding if you ever had a thing for Jason Throne from book 1 and thought no other could ever reach his level of swoon-worthiness. Think again daring! Connor with his green eyes and sexy smile(Among other things ).Just might tempt you to the dark side ;) Or in this case tempt you to climb over his boundary wall..

I’ve been reading novels for quite some time now..Mystery,Romance,Erotic
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Jun 09, 2016 rated it really liked it

4.5 fabulous stars

“You can’t look at me like that.”
“Why not?”
“Because I’m not supposed to like you.”
“But I like you very much, Lucy.”

What a fabulous read! This one ticked all the romance ‘want‘ boxes! It was sweet, funny, had a drool worthy hero, a feisty heroine who certainly made him work for her affections and fabulous banter between Lucy and Olive, her best friend. Not to mention Adam is a Hollywood heartthrob and Hollywood’s hottest Dad to THE most ADORABLE little five year old boy you
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
4.25 Quirky Hateful Stars!

This was a fun fast read! What a fun combination of a quirky sassy gal and a steamy hot Hollywood heartthrob! Filled with lots of sexual tension and swoon-worthy romantic gestures, Adam Connor will definitely not have you hating him! Lucy Meyer was been "cursed" and unable to fall in love, but the push to get her to see her what was right in front of her was awesome as well as scorching hot! Kudos for a light romance with great open communication and many LOL moments of
Jacqueline's Reads
Jun 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Mr. Movie Stars

I love a movie star Hero. I like the gliz and the glamor but you know what I love even more, the main Hero has a son! Yes, this is a single parent book and you know I’m all over that.

To Hate Adam Connor is a standalone, but it’s a spinoff from To Love Jason Thorn. Olive is best friends with Lucy and Adam lives next door to Jason. This is Lucy and Adam’s story.

Lucy is a strong, independent cursed Heroine. She just recently gotten out of a relationship and she believes she will ne
Jen
Aug 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing

After reading To Love Jason Thorn, I knew I had to read To Hate Adam Connor right away. Just the title was intriguing to me because it sounds like a hate/love trope and I love those. Plus after meeting Lucy, I couldn't wait to read her story.

"I believe in love. Wholeheartedly."
"Now...do I let love in? Nope. I try my hardest not to, thank you very much. Been there, done that."

Lucy is Olive's best friend and at one roommate. Lucy has always been opposed to falling in love. Instead she'd rather ha
Carol
5 stars.🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
I seriously loved this one!!!
Wow, this went from snarky and entertaining to
rip my heart out intensity.
I don't think I have ever fallen as hard for 2 main characters before.
Lucy and Adam have to be my favorite book couple ever.
Lucy was dynamite, so strong and stubborn and determined to hold on to her heart and not give it away to anyone. I loved this girl.
Adam was simply perfection, totally "best" book boyfriend material. The complete antithesis of a player. He was sweet, romantic
Spoiler Whore-Momoa
Jun 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, ella-maise
There's this one scene. A scene where the hero and heroine are dancing. Then they're not dancing. She puts her hand over his heart and he stills. THAT moment did me in and from there on out, I fell in love with the story.

*Purchased*
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016

4.5 fabulous stars

“You can’t look at me like that.”
“Why not?”
“Because I’m not supposed to like you.”
“But I like you very much, Lucy.”

Floripiquita
May 10, 2018 rated it liked it
De fácil y agradable lectura, cuenta con un inicio muy divertido (¿quien no espiaría a su vecino si éste fuera una sexy estrella de cine recién divorciada y además papi?), algún que otro giro inesperado, unas escenas sexuales de lo más variadas y una prota de lo más loca. Peeeero, aunque es algo mejor que el primero, le sobran casi todos esos giros dramáticos en la trama en el último tercio, su resolución no puede ser otra cosa que precipitada por falta de paginación, y ese cansino "mía mía mía" ...more
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••

This book, gosh this book was a beautiful mess, dang near a perfect mess. It's got enough humor to keep you laughing throughout the book. It's sweet, it's sassy, and it gives you ohhhh feel good feeling of falling in love with Adam & Lucy. You know that these two beautiful souls will fall in love, this book is just slow in letting them, it's simple and sweet but leaves you with a huge smile on your face at the end. Definitely a book id recommend to those looking for a sweet romance with a li
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Jun 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
To Hate Adam Connor by Ella Maise
4.5 stars!!!

“I’m just a boy…standing in front of a girl, asking her to love him.”

OMG, I have to say I adored this book, there is nothing more ovary combusting that a single dad that adores his son and Adam Connor is just that man, add to that he is a hot, top Hollywood actor who doesn’t let fame and fortune come between he and his son and Ella Maise penned a certain winner, at least in my eyes.

For those that have read To Love Jason Thorn, you may remember Lu
Bindi Boo
Jun 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!!

Gah, this book took me a week thanks to my damn exams, but i devoured the last few chapters last night as soon as i was done!! Although not a fan of the first one (To Love Jason Thorn-as it was super draggy) I still went ahead and got this one. Boy am i glad. I LOVED it!!! This enemy to friends to lovers story totally captivated me and pulled at my heart strings.

Lucy gets 'dumped' and moves into her best friend Olive's home to recuperate. Olive is married to hollywood heart throb Jas
« Court (Take the Read) »

First person, Dual-POV, HAE.

That's the tricky part, isn't it? You have to let love in.

THE FEEEEEEEEELS. Oh god. I couldn't put this down. My eyes are bloodshot, but it was worth it. I just love when random reads turn into sweet, steamy goodies.

To Hate Adam Connor is about Lucy and Adam.

Lucy has just been left by her boyfriend, and is taken in by her best friend Olive and her celeb husband Jason (TOTALLY going to read their story). She's somewhat adrift, no career she's happy with, definitely
AJ
I loved it! 4.5 stars!!

I loved this book! A fun, sexy and heartfelt enemies-to-lovers romance between a hot, Hollywood superstar and his pervy neighbour that has sworn off love. This book completely captivated me and made me fall in love, and I loved every moment of it!

This book is a standalone but it does follow on from To Love Jason Thorn. It’s the story of Olive’s vivacious best friend, Lucy. She has just been dumped and has moved in with Olive and her Hollywood heartthrob husband, Jason, to
Siv30
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
אנחה 😍. הספר הזה היה כמעט מושלם. ממש קרוב. פפפףףף כל קשה בימים אלה למצוא סיפור אהבה טוב, שהגיבורים בו אינם חולים במחלת נפש כזו או אחרת, שאין להם חלק במוראות וטרגדיות היקום, שהעלילה קולחת מחוייכת עם קריצה אירונית. מפתיע עד כמה אלה מייז הצליחה בגדול בכל הסעיפים.

לוסי מאייר, חברתה של אוליב מהספר "לאהוב את ג'ייסון תורן" עוברת לגור אצלי אוליב וג'ייסון בבל אייר אחרי שג'יימיסון עזב אותה. היא פגועה אבל לא שבורה והמעבר הזה זמני עד שתמצא עבודה ודירה.

לוסי מגלה שאדם קונור, השחקן החתיך והגרוש עבר לגור בשכנות
Viri
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
***3.5 I hate you STARS***

Sjdjfldlfkdkflflfk creo que si fuera amiga de la esposa de un actor mundialmente famoso y viviera exactamente a un lado de otro actor igualmente famoso pero más caliente que el primero haría lo mismo que Lucy.

Porque es IMPOSIBLE NO HACERLO. La entiendo. De verdad lo hago. Todos los que me conocen saben de la vena stalker que me cargo, así que... ¿por qué ponerle peros? 🤷🏻♀

Este libro es muy entretenido. Quizás demasiado típico y cliché (pero ya establecimos que soy ama
Alaina Meserole
..and now I want pancakes..

To Hate Adam Connor gave me a couple that I just couldn't stop falling in love with. Lucy and Adam were one of those couples that just clicked. However, it did take them a while to get over their hot ass sexual tension. They both have their pasts that they are trying to get away from.. but damn, I just loved them.

Lucy just got dumped by this douche of guy who decides to leave for a job without telling her. Good thing for her, her best friend Olive and her husband let h
Jess
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
To Hate Adam Conner by Ella Maise was amazing.
I loved it. Every. Single. Word.
Read this book. Now. Do yourself a favour and buy this book, borrow or steal it,I don't care. Just read it.
There are so many things I could say but I can't. You need to read and see for yourself.
I'll tell you this: I have never met a more stubborn heroine in all my life. A true firecracker. It made for a wonderful heart felt read. There were so many twists and turns and Adam...ugh, Adam!!! You will go down in histo
I enjoy Ella Maise's writing, so it should be no surprise that I enjoyed this book. However, I would have enjoyed it much more if the h was more likable. To be honest, she was annoying. I mean, I understand that she has hang ups, but the "protective walls" or "armour" that she built around herself were annoying. All her assertions that she hates Adam Connor and how he's a terrible kisser and how she can't stand him were annoying. Adam, the reader, and basically everyone else in the story knew th ...more
1-Click Addict Support Group
Jun 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In the interest of full disclosure, you all should probably know that I ADORED To Love Jason Thorn enough that I was pretty impatient for this book. I had higher than high expectations, and I really, really needed to know what happened to put Lucy Meyer in Adam Connor’s path because… Jameson. So, what happens when you finally get the chance to read a book you’ve been waiting on?

Oh, you fall in love. With a movie star. Who has all the right words and moves and things. ALL THE RIGHT THINGS, people
Goodreads Librari...: Please add cover 3 19 Mar 08, 2017 11:17PM
Fifty Shades of R...: July 2016 BOTM -To Hate Adam Connor by Ella Maise 12 34 Jul 31, 2016 06:49PM
  • Waking Olivia
  • Athica Lane (Carpino, #3)
  • Walk of Shame (G-Man, Next Generation, #1)
  • Hardass (Bad Bitch, #2)
  • Soar (Cold Mark Saga #5)
  • Anything but Minor (Balls in Play, #1)
  • Brokenly Found (Faith, #2)
  • Yearning Devotion (Yearning Series, #1)
  • Just Her Luck
  • SECRET Trilogy (Secret, #1-3)
  • Warden (Elemental Paladins, #1)
  • Devious Minds (Devious Minds, #1)
  • Darkness Descends: A Skye Faden Novel
  • Baby's Got Bite (Take It Like a Vamp, #2)
  • The Billionaire's Wife: The Complete Series (The Billionaire's Wife #1-9)
  • The One In My Heart
  • Semper Mine (Sons of War, #1)
  • Strictly off Limits (Jade's Diaries, Strictly, #0.5)

Writing has become my world and I can’t imagine myself doing anything other than giving life to new characters and new stories. You know how some things simply makes your heart burst with happiness? A really good book, a puppy, hugging someone you’ve been missing like crazy? That’s what writing does to me. And all the hard work, all the sleepless nights, all the anxiety…everything is worth it at t
“Because if I fall in love with him I won’t survive that fall.” 4 likes
“If you don’t stay here tonight, Lucy, I’m breaking into Jason’s house,” 4 likes