Start by marking “The Lightning Luminary (The Luminary Chronicles #1)” as Want to Read:
The Lightning Luminary (The Luminary Chronicles #1)

Read Book

The Lightning Luminary

(The Luminary Chronicles #1)

Talia Stanley may look like the typical wealthy New Yorker, but she's hidden her secrets for more than a thousand years. One of the last surviving members of an ancient race called Luminaries, Talia has suppressed her ability to control lightning in exchange for safety.

And for generations it worked. Talia's hermit lifestyle protected her from strong Luminaries that want h
Published March 25th 2016 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about The Lightning Luminary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lightning Luminary

Dianne
She’s been hiding in plain sight for centuries. The beautiful Talia Stanley has been alive for ages, so very little about the lives of normal humans take her by surprise, until she meets Mason, in what could be described as an electrical moment. She assured he received medical care and washes her hands of the unconscious man. But, hey, you know how Fate can step in, right?

Talia is gifted, a member of an ancient race called Luminaries and her power of controlling lightning has been self-suppresse
Jane
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! WHY?! WHY MUST IT END?! DISCLAIMER: If you DO NOT  enjoy nail-biting endings of complete and utter torture cliffhangers, this is NOT for you! So, I've gotta be honest with you, I pretty much only really like reading historical romances with a few contemporaries here and there. Paranormal isn't really my thing. Can I just say right now that McCoy is an absolute genius! She made me a believer in paranormal romance. This book has it all: action, adventure, romance, suspense, and s
Alicia
Apr 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I REALLY loved this book! It’s been a while since I’ve read something this good. I’d love to have it in hardcover.

I ended up enjoying the alternating POVs. At first it was a little bit much to handle, but since we kept returning to the same characters more than others I knew where the main storyline was. (And I had a hunch.) It all came together quickly enough. It was quite an engaging read. I couldn’t put it down. The writing was excellent—and only a few mistakes.

The plot was really cool. I lov
Midwest Romantic
Originally posted on my blog Live Laugh & Love Books

I REALLY loved this book!

The multiple POVs were a bit weird at first, I don’t generally like them because they can be written badly or something but this time it wasn’t too bad and it really helped me connect with every character. And what great characters they are! Talia, Mason and even Hadrian were very well developed and I enjoyed reading about them. This book was just great, even though it left me with a super bunch of questions that
Karen Harper
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this author so I was excited when I saw she had written a new book. I purchased it immediately and I couldn’t wait to start reading it, but as usual, life got in the way. The saying goes “All good things come to those who wait.” Well, I waited and I was rewarded.
I admit I was a little confused at the beginning because of the number of characters who lived in different parts of the world and because the POVs constantly changed, but since I’m a visual person I made a few notes and then I wa
books are love
May 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
I am still holding out hope that Mason is more than just a void. I believe there is something about him. Especially since he has Talia’s heart. He is who I feel the most for him and the man who has the poison that he can have come from his fingers. That poor dude.

This is an interesting story. You need to pay attention though because we have so many players and even though it all falls under one plot it seems like more. Each chapter is from someone different. Talia and Mason are the two main char
Recipe Fairy
May 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a completely intriguing read! I loved the elements of Greek mythology woven in! The storyline was unique and original, the characters complex and fascinating and the writing was masterfully done! From the very beginning, the action takes off and I was completely drawn in to absorb this book as fast as I could. It was very interesting how this book would switch between different POV characters to provide different glimpses at the story. With loads of adventure, some exciting romance and ...more
Mandy Saial
The Lightning Luminary (The Luminary Chronicles Book 1 ) - RS McCoy (4 Stars )

Can Talia & Mason Fight off these Ruthless Gods and Find Love ??

My amazon Review Link Below .........

iamnotabookworm
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is another series by RS McCoy. I have become an avid fan after I read The Extraction Files. Her stories are so original, even if some of them are retellings like The Alder Tales series. RS McCoy has earned a spot in my favorite authors list because of her amazing talent and skill in spinning stories that had me hooked right from the start. The Lightning Luminary is again another start one of these very gripping series.

This story is based on the ever-popular Greek mythology. And you may ask,
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
This is the first book in a brand new series called the Luminary Chronicles and I am in love!

I am a huge fan of the paranormal genre and this is one of the best stories in this genre that I've had the pleasure of reading in quite some time! I love everything about this amazing series and how each of the characters possesses a special power that makes them unique even amongst their own kind. I absolutely love the idea of a magical world right alongside ours where people exist that can do amazing
Kristyn - Reading to Unwind
May 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book jumps right into the action and follows several characters. The chapters are broken up between characters and have minimal overlap so you get to see different sides. The chapters continue during the same event so you get to see the different perspectives, but also you get to learn a little bit more of what is actually going on in the story.

I love that in the book we get to see so many different perspectives from different people, but we also get a bigger picture. The story is told thr
Clarice
Feb 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
The idea that these luminaries are the source behind the stories of the gods is a really cool concept. However, this book left me with several questions. Like how the guy at her attorney's office found out who she was. Talia is a luminary that's been in hiding for quite some time. It seems that she has a habit of falling in love with humans although she's immortal. And she has seen her fair share of death, especially at the hands of Hadrian, the most powerful luminary there is. Why this guy is w ...more
Carey Fletcher
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a beautiful story interwoven with Greek mythology. There is so much going on in the book that it needs to be devoured slowly to take everything in. The story starts off by introducing the main character Talia. However, it quickly introduces you to a slew of other characters that can be difficult to keep track of. We don't see Talia again until nearly a quarter of the way into the book. That worried me some. However, each time we were taken back to a character, we were given just enough ...more
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
The Lightning Luminary is told from a number of perspectives, Mason and Talia being the main ones. Through their telling, we find out that Mason has an 'ordinary' life, whilst Talia is hiding from an old enemy - one who has already killed a lot of her friends and family. When they meet by chance on a train, Mason has a seizure that lands him in hospital. Upon his release, he find outs that Talia is one who helped him, so he tries to thank her.

It took a while for this story to settle down, but o
Michael Long
May 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
In this novel, luminaries are humans with supernatural abilities and extremely long life spans. Talia is a luminary in hiding from her husband, a man whose power and invulnerability has turned him into a tyrant. While hiding, she meets and falls in love with a mere mortal, Mason. Eventually her past catches up to her and she and Mason must face it together.

I really liked the idea of ancient super humans living among us and most of them hiding from an evil one who cannot be killed. It had a great
Anne Dawson (Bookaholics Reading Haven)

I'm not usually a fan of paranormal books but was intrigued by the blurb

A chance meeting on a train brings Talia & Mason together. Talia is a luminary who has a habit of falling in love with humans and Mason has lead a daily normal existence and is sensitive to her powers causing seizures.

A lot of questions were left unanswered at the end of this book leaving it open to further books in the series.

I have to say that the book didn't grab me but this may be due to it not being my n
Penny P
May 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This one is a bit different and it took me a while to get into the groove of it, but once I did, I was in deep. I loved Mason and Talia. They were so sweet with each other and it was neat to see their personalities change when they were near each other. I also really loved Jamie and Grigori. Jamie was a great character and I loved seeing her interactions with Grigori! The end had a super cliffhanger and I'm dying for the next book!
Steve Mckinney
May 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Received as goodreads giveaway. This is a very interesting story with similarities to the greek god myths. The writing is excellent I could not put it down. I understand this is to be a series and I cannot wait to read the next installment. I do however wish the author did a better job of closing out each book separately, the cliff hanger method does not work for me in books. That is the only reason I could not give 5 stars.
Kym
Apr 06, 2016 added it
Shelves: ancient-gods
Review to come.
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews
hmm honestly this was really hard for me to connect with, and to get into as well.
I will have to think about it some more before can write a review!
JuEllen
Rachel
Mar 11, 2016
Cara
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this para normal fantasy book. Super powers, Grecian gods, good and evil. Half humans in hiding that are centuries old but don't age. Mason and Talia, main characters are believable and endearing. Can't wait for the next book. Nice bit of romance without going over the top.
Nadine
May 01, 2016
  • Roots
  • The Prophecy (The Fulfillment Series #1)
  • Salt
  • Paranormal Keepers (Paranormal Keepers #1)
  • Lotus and Thorn
  • Ultraviolet Catastrophe
  • Wizard for Hire
  • Tortured Souls (The Orion Circle #1)
  • Tethers (The Tethers Trilogy #1)
  • Ted Saves the World (Viral Superhero, #1)
  • Blue Violet (Svatura, #1)
  • Dissever (Unbinding Fate, #1)
  • Gypsy (The Cavy Files, #1)
  • A Most Magical Girl
  • Orphan's Song (The Songkeeper Chronicles, #1)
  • Kaleidoscope (Faylinn, #1)
  • UnCommon Bodies: A Collection of Oddities, Survivors, and Other Impossibilities
  • New England Witch Chronicles (New England Witch Chronicles, #1)
Rachel McCoy is a Texan living in Baltimore. Between binge-watching MTV reality shows and baking gluten-free treats, she writes paranormal fantasy and science fiction novels.

She is the USA Today Bestselling author of the Sparks Saga trilogy, The Alder Tales series, and The Extraction Files. Back when she lived in the real world, Rachel earned a degree in marine biology, which contributed to her d