Start by marking “Playing a Player” as Want to Read:
Playing a Player

Playing a Player

This is the original cover edition of ASIN: B00XNMKN2W. Alternate cover editions are here, here, here, and here.

Keira's last single friend just got married, leaving her roommate-less. When Rory shows up at her door for an interview, she's more than a little surprised to find out that a guy has answered her ad. Living with a man wasn't exactly what she had in mind. But
Published May 13th 2015

Kika
Oct 16, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
***1.5 stars***

I'm really confused right now and not because i'm not sure if I liked this book or not (because i didn't), but because it has so many 4 and 5 stars reviews. I really, really don't get it.

I don't enjoy giving bad reviews but every author experiences this so I'm not going to hold back, but I'll do my best to support my opinion with valid arguments.

The story...
I feel that the author was constantly improvising while writing this book. I feel that the story as a whole was a hot mess
Samantha
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 you have to play the game in order to win stars. I loved the read. It was fun, sexy, emotional, and hot. Rory's such a stereotypical good-looking guy that I found myself snorting. He plays the game and in order to keep his attention and to make him realize what he feels you have to play him. Kiera's a fun time because she doesn't want to make things awkward but she can't help but be attracted Rory because he's H-O-T!

There's a moment where Connor, one of Rory's very close friends, offers to he
Laura Rendler
Jan 07, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I don't know whether to laugh or cry about how bad this book was. Have you ever read a book that the heroine was so pathetic you just wanted to upper cunt her? That was this book. Keira meets Rory. Rory becomes her roommate. He's a total man slut who brings woman after woman home and screws them right in front of her. But of course he's "perfect" and she just "loves" him so much. *insert eye roll* She asks for advice of what guys like from him and basically he just wants a whore, so what does sh ...more
Sbell
To say that this book was just not for me would
be a vast understatement.

The writing was not bad, the premise overdone, but
not bad. The heroine was so immature and silly that
I found absolutely nothing to like about her. Kiera's
acceptance over Rory's hook-ups were just unbelievable.
She was awkward and silly and so unlikeable that I
didn't care that Rory was sleeping with other girls,
in the next room!!! She didn't care so why should I?

Rory, he could have been yummy. He was gorgeous, funny,
cocky,(bu
Carolina Godinho
I was given a ARC in exchange of a honest review.

Keira's last single friend just got married, leaving her roommate-less. When Rory shows up at her door for an interview, she's more than a little surprised to find out that a guy has answered her ad. A super sexy guy.
When I read this blurb I thought that would be a nice book, but it let me down in so many ways that I cant count.
First of all, Rory is a jerkface, hes super sweet on the interview and got me fooled together with Keira. Though, I coul
Nicole
Oct 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, arcs

ARC kindly provided via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

4 'teasing' stars from

Keira is in search of finding a new roommate but the only
appealing candidate is a guy A HOT SEXY GUY, which is the last thing she wants but she doesn't have any other choice because the other applicants aren't a good fit for her. So she ends up choosing Rory the hot, sexy guy. Extremely interesting things will happen to them as roommates...!!

To begin with, i have to say that i have pretty mixed feel

P.e. lolo
Oct 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Keira, is looking for a new roommate her last one moved out to get married, and that was also her last single friend. The first person who answers her add is a good looking man named Rory. She is attracted to him but does not want him as a roommate. She has a few more interviews but they do not go so well, so now she goes to the restaurant he works at and says yes to him moving in. She is not ready for her emotions and feelings towards him and for his two friends who always seem to be over at th ...more
Liz ~ Liz's Reading Life
This a sexy book about a single girl that has been watching her friends meet and marry their soul mates. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride. But with her latest friend/roommate getting married, she is in need of another roommate. So she puts on ad out and prepares to meet the applicants, hopefully one of them will work out and not leave within a year like the others.

However, the best person for the room is not whom Keira could possibly live with is the last person she wants to say yes to. Ro
Judy Miracle
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So before i started this book my dumb self went through the reviews... Yeah I am never doing that again!!!! The blurb had me intrigued the cover seriously had me wanting to know what it was all about and who can pass up a book with a hot picture on the front? (I know I cant) But the reviews were kind of putting me off the book... BUT OMG I'm so glad that I did not chicken out from reading this book based on what others thought was bad because personally I fell in love with it.

Keira is roommate
Lisa
Oct 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
Playing A Player by Ivy Smoak is a full-length standalone romance that involves a female/male roommate arrangement, a roommate pact, a hot male player and a steamy tryst or two dozen.

Keira is looking for a roommate - AGAIN. Her friends keep getting married and moving out and she feels like she is just spinning her wheels. When Rory shows up to apply for the roommate position Keira is thrown off by both his good looks and his manner. He steamrolls right over her insistence that she thought Rory w
Renee
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book from the publisher for an honest review.

Keira finds herself without a roommate after her last one got married and moved out. She has to find one before the rent becomes due again because she can't afford the place by herself. Rory shows up for her first roommate interview and she's immediately smitten with him though reluctant to live with a man. After many horrible interviews she decides to let Rory move in. Rory and his two best friends Comner and Jackson soon ma
Amazeballs Book Addicts
This book is a funny read but it also has lots of steamy scenes too. Keira is looking for a new roommate. Rory comes for an interview. There's just one thing wrong Keira was looking for a female roommate and Rory is male. Rory is super sexy. He is definitely not what Keira wanted for a roommate.

Keira and Rory become roommates. Keira is attracted to Rory. Rory at first seems uninterested and a bit a of a manwhore. They have some great back and forth. Rory is a laid back guy and pretty funny. Wit
Kirsten
Oct 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Keira is looking for a new roommate but the one candidate she can’t get off of her mind is this super SEXY guy, Rory. She doesn’t want to have a guy roommate but what other choice does she have after all the other applicants are complete duds? Rory moves in, they make a pact to stay strictly friends, but of course we all know where this is going. =P

I absolutely adored this book and I have never read any of Ivy Smoak’s work before, so I was very impressed. This story made me laugh and cringe at
Heather andrews
Oct 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Keira is just all kinds of entertaining, "I walked over to the boxes and sat down. I pulled the tape off the first one and opened it up. It was full of boxers. I lifted up a pair. A box of condoms was underneath of it. A huge box. Does he buy them in bulk? Who needs this many condoms? Rory cleared his throat. ***t. I threw the boxers down on top of the box of condoms." The bathroom scene and Kiera's reaction made the book, it was priceless:
When Rory emerged I started yelling, even though I knew
Amy~ My Book Obsession
Playing a Player is a great fun, light, and fast read you will enjoy beyond words. It all starts when you think your potential roommate is a girl, due to name, but find out he is one Sex God that can cook!
Keira is freelance writer looking to find a roommate that will stick around for a while (not rush off and get married). What she gets is new friendships and the best sex of her life.
Rory is a carefree and loyal to his friends. He’s looking for a good time both in and out of the sack.
I really
Bella
Oct 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Playing a player is a story about roommates. So is a typical story: two opposite sex start living together and of course the male-Rory is a male whore and keeps Keira all night up with his banging other girls. But Keira falls for Rory and think she can be his one night thing only. But when she realizes she can not, she tries to changes his mind and she writes all her attempts in newspaper.
Keira was so adorable awkward with her too much rambling when she is nerves I laugh so many times. Chemistry
Roanne Germaine
Nov 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars !

This is a hot romance typical in "modern" relationships , that can happen when you take in and hook up with a hot guy for roommate.
Keira and Rory's love-hate dynamics seem like a circus and sometimes leaves you frustrated as a reader , but totally amuses you as well. The sexual chemistry between them is thick and smoking. And this books ends with a happy ending and leaves you smiling.

An ARC was provided to me by the publisher via Netgally in exchange of an honest to goodness review.
Becky Rendon
Nov 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Players like to play. Some women think they can change that, usually they are wrong.
Keira seems to think that if she plays the game back, she have him eating out of her hand. No matter what she tries Rory ignores her. Things get drastic, bad decisions are made, and both parties seem lost.
The mighty never fall...or do they?
RuthAnn
I don't have time for a rant right now. But if I did...
Sashoy Wilson
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: nybc-2017
I don't know how to describe this book. I am not sure how this book managed to get five stars from people. I have been highlighting and making notes in the margins the whole time, not yet halfway and I have so many problems. I don't normally review books by using quotes but I just couldn't pass this up.
As I was writing this review, I realized I had a lot to say and could break it down piece by piece because it wasn't just one thing or a few things, it was everything I had problems with.

So this
Jessica
Jan 25, 2017 rated it did not like it
Stacey Raymond
Jan 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
Not really worth 1 star, but I have to rate it something... and one star means I didn't like it...

OK, so I read about 53% of this book. I am not sorry for the read, but there is really no point in reading more. This book is just like other romances; it has lots of drama, it is a lusty book, and had no real love in it at all. I found it interesting the 5 points of how to play the player... but mostly because I want to know what kind of lies people are telling and believing about finding love. So
Maria
Jun 15, 2017 rated it liked it
This ebook was way better than I actually expected it to be. Some parts of it really annoyed me, though. Rory was such a douche half of the time. *shrugs*

Negatives: some comma splices, homophones (e.g.: effected instead of affected), typos (e.g.: we instead of he, he instead of she, Conner instead of Connor, Connors instead of Connor's, and some more that I can't remember), some serial comma lapses, and a few more errors to do with tenses I can't remember. Oh! There was also the lack of a comma
Ashley
Jun 09, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
I thought that this was a fun read right up until the end. Everything was resolved way to quickly and way too easily. It all just moved so fast and it was so unrealistic. I did enjoy the story up until that point though. The characters were entertaining and funny. I loved the wolf pack so much and they made me laugh a lot of times. I also enjoyed the steamy scenes. They were perfect and fantastic to read.
Tammy
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
All of Keira's friends are getting married and she can't seem to find a boyfriend that will stick around, depressed, upset, not sure what is wrong with her, she has to put an ad out for a new roommate. Rory, an amazingly hot guy shows up for the ad. Keira knows it's not a good idea to have Rory as a roommate but she does, as the woman come and go she realizes what a player Rory really is. But she still wants him. She's a freelance writer and decides after making a mistake with Rory to write an a ...more
Misty Hamilton
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Players

A really cute story about what happens when a player finds someone who can play a better game. I'd definitely recommend this if you like friends to lovers or rom-coms
Bev Ross
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good

Good story! I liked their dynamic! And the friends were great! Very romantic with a hint of humor and lots of sexy!!
Aleshia
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
good free read

I really did enjoy how this story began but not so much how it ended. Still a good read that was free! Thanks!
Karen Webster
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great read with hot and steamy scenes. Kept your interest to find out what happens to the characters, as the writer kept them very human.
Paola Piliado
Jun 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Ivy Smoak is the Amazon bestselling author of The Hunted series. When she's not writing, you can find her binge watching too many TV shows, taking long walks, playing outside, and generally refusing to act like an adult. She lives with her husband in Delaware.

Get a FREE sexy short story and find out about all Ivy's latest releases by joining her newsletter: http://eepurl.com/byfJUv

Learn more abou