Start by marking “Missing Summer” as Want to Read:
Missing Summer

Missing Summer

4.34  ·  Rating Details  ·  128 Ratings  ·  82 Reviews
Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around. - "Vanilla Sky"

Time changes people, and in Jared's case, it's no different. High school was a struggle for him, and it was a year of heartache. He'd already lost more than anyone should have by the age of eighteen. But when he gets another chance, years later, with the one girl he has wanted from day one, he c
210 pages
Published March 29th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Missing Summer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Missing Summer

Kim (iScream Books)
Feb 16, 2016 Kim (iScream Books) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Analia Almonte
Mar 01, 2016 Analia Almonte rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
*Received an ARC from the author for an honest review*

Wowwwwww, 4.8 stars review!!! First book of the author, she don't disappoint. Well written, I was hooked from the beginning, can't put it down. Is a short story with a little suspense and mystery but sexiness... Kollie is hilarious and I love it!!! Can't wait for more like yesterday, because I was left with so many questions that I can't get out of my head!!! So pleaseeeeeeeeee give it to me now!!!!
Tracy
Feb 14, 2016 Tracy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an amazing start to what is going to be one hell of a journey between the gorgeous and very sexy Jared and the beautiful and innocent Kollie!!!
Kollie is a full time nanny to Leslie and James Crowe. Getting kicked out of her parents, she lives in the Crowe family pool house. She loves her job and loves the family as her own. One night she wakes up to a call from her friend Jamie, she gets up for a drink and her life is about to change big time, she bumps into Jared!!!
Jared has been away d
Tricia Bartley (iScream Books)
Ohhhh this book left me wanting more!!

This book was a fun, quick, HAWT little read that I read in an afternoon..

It was surprisingly refreshing, full of fun and sexual tension..made me laugh out loud kind of book.

Luv luv luv Kollie and Jared and can't wait to read book two to find out more about these two and Jared's past..something is there that I'm dying to know about lol

I gave this book 5 Stars and can't wait for more..please don't keep me waiting lol
Kim (iScream Books)
Mar 30, 2016 Kim (iScream Books) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: iscream-book
E.N. gave us two beautiful characters, Kollie and Jared, both with morals and virtues that make them loveable. Their interactions together are fun and flirty and so much sexual tension! You will find yourself wanting Kollie as your girlfriend and Jared as your boyfriend or maybe both of them together...
Kollie is funny and strong willed and she won’t take anyone’s shit. I love the relationship Jared has with his family and how his family loves Kollie.

Their pasts are haunted by personal anguish
Marissa Olson
Feb 20, 2016 Marissa Olson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I usually don't like books that are short because I feel like the story won't flow or it'll be rushed.. And really I just like big books(and I can not lie lol).. But, Missing Summer was well put together and I didn't feel that it was rushed at all.. I want to know more on the what happened in both there pasts.. And who is this dang older man with scars on his face??? I need to know !!
Candy Box
Mar 01, 2016 Candy Box rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
was gifted a copy of this book for an honest review.
I absolutely love this book and can't wait to read part 2 and part 3.
I have been in a reading funk but this totally got me back into the swing of things. Can't wait to see what's in store for part 2.
Love love this book!!
Amber
Feb 16, 2016 Amber rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished this book. I love it. I was hooked from the start and couldn't put it done.
Shannon Shepherd
Feb 27, 2016 Shannon Shepherd rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*I received an ARC of this book so this is an honest review.*

This was actually a nice little read. In the beginning, I kind of thought it was a little rushed, but then I had to start thinking that this was only part one of a bigger story. I was concerned that since it was such a quick read that it wouldn't allow enough time for the story and the characters to develop, but I thought E.N. did a really good job! This story had many high points for me but also one or two things I thought should hav
BookBarn
LOVED. LOVED. LOVED THIS BOOK!
This book was amazing. It's a short read and quick witch I usually hate and I never read short books but I LOVED this book.

Kollie and Jared are so cute together. I loved there there interactions. I loved everything about them and I loved them together!

There is more to Kollie then I think she even understands right now. Something happend but she can't remember and I'm dying to know what and praying at the same time it isn't what I think it is.
(I need the other boo
Colette
May 28, 2016 Colette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes if you're given a second chance you should walk away, other times you should run right to it. Grab it for all it's worth, all you've got because you may not get another chance. This book was a wonderful story of love, loss, and love again. Jared and Kollie are both survivors. Each find a way to make it, move on and look for something more, something that could bring meaning to their lives. Jared leaves town the moment he is old enough searching for something more. Kollie is tossed asid ...more
Karen Preiato
Feb 20, 2016 Karen Preiato rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Received an ARC for an honest review

Kollie is an 18 yr old, working as a nanny, looking after two teenagers, Leslie and James Crowe. She lives in the pool house belonging to Sunny and David Crowe. She loves her job and even though she has no ambitions beyond being a nanny and settling down and becoming a mum, Kollie has a deep dark secret that keeps her from moving forward and having a relationship.

Jaded, Sunny and David's eldest son returns home after bar tending in Athens. He moved away to cle
Donna Norman
Feb 24, 2016 Donna Norman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Received an ARC for an honest review.

I enjoyed the book, found it interesting that it started in the summer of 2016, then jumped back 2 years to give you an insight in to the start if Kollie (a live in nanny with parents who kicked her out) and Jared the oldest of the Crowe family
What I want to know is whose Cara ? And whose the girl that Jared refers to when f**king up her life ? Hmmm answers needed, hopeful as this is a cliffhanger the next instalment may answer these,
So far it's a gentle st
Chantal  (iScream Books)
It's not very often that you come across a new author and her words keep you hooked. Well this one did from page one to the last. The book is short read with a definite cliffhanger that you honestly can't wait for.
Kollie is a nanny for a family with older kids. The family takes her in because her own threw her out to fend for herself. Jared the oldest in the family had been gone for some time. There is some mystery as to why he was gone, I can only hope the author fills us in soon. They start t
Kathleen
Mar 01, 2016 Kathleen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! This book grabbed me right from the start! Right from the beginning I was trying to figure out what happened between the two main characters (Kollie and Jared). Kollie is a full time nanny to Jared's younger siblings and that's how they meet. Kollie has had something traumatic happen to her in the past but we don't know yet what it is. Jared has returned home, but it is a mystery as to why he left in the first place. Will they be able to help each other escape from their pasts and find happ ...more
Dani
Feb 25, 2016 Dani rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
***ARC RECEIVED IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW***

Wow! What an amazing start to this little series. Kollie and Jared are fun, easy characters that you fall in love with, and with that ending! I need to know what happens next! I can't be left hanging like this! Is it March 15th yet?!?

This is the first I have read of E.N. Hudgins, and she did not disappoint! I can't wait for Missing Summer, Part 2 to come out! If you love serials as much as I do, I highly recommend! It's a fast, easy read that l
Tracy
Mar 06, 2016 Tracy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMFG what a book!!! I am loving this story between Kollie and Jared and how passionate they are together!
Vol 2 picks up a year after Vol 1 ends and it brings Jared home again, with the help of his mum.
Kollie has been dealing with PTSD regarding her past that although she can't remember during the day, it's clear in her mind during sleep!!! Still emotional at how Jared just up and left, she's shocked to pieces when he turns up at the pool house...
Jared has spent the year regretting running from
Reviews From  the Heart
Mollie is a live in Nanny for two teens at 18 years old. Her family life was less than desirable. The Crowd's seem to be the best thing that's happened to her.
Then Jared comes home...
He is the eldest Crowe child and 3 years Kollie's senior. He makes her think all sorts of naughty things.

This is obviously just an installment, so yes, there is a cliffhanger. It definitely draws you in with the final page. It will be interesting to see how all the characters and situations interlink.
Lesley
Feb 18, 2016 Lesley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Arc received for an honest review
A well deserved 5 stars. I literally devoured this in one sitting. I couldnt put it down. It had everything and I was hooked from the start. There is mystery and a lot of sexual tension it had everything you could want. The author threw everything in there mixed it all up and gave it a little bit of spice just enough to wet our whistles.I loved the characters and the story was well written. It has left me with so many questions to which the answers cant come soon
Clare
Feb 16, 2016 Clare rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read.... No... devoured this tonight, really enjoyed it... My only complaint? I haven't got part 2 yet!!
Like that there is mystery surrounding both Jared and Kollie, there are clearly things we don't know yet! Arrgh it's left me wanting more!
This is a really well written start to what I'm certain will be a fab series! I got goosebumps while I was reading at one point! It's very emotive!
Lizzie
Feb 27, 2016 Lizzie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely LOVED this book. I loved these characters and cannot wait for book 2. E N Hudgins captures perfectly how that first love/crush feels. While reading this I was transported back to when I was 16. Couldn't put it down. Bring on part 2
Heather Hollister
This book is a great read. I really enjoyed reading it. It is well written. The story flows great. Kollie is my character. I am really glad her and Jared are starting a relationship. Give this book a try.
Brandy
Feb 19, 2016 Brandy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book it will have u turned on and wanting more its such a sweet but hot love story. I absolutely can not wait for the second book to see where this steamy love story goes great job E.n hudgins
Becky Rendon
Kollie is a live in Nanny for two teens at 18 years old. Her family life was less than desirable. The Crowd's seem to be the best thing that's happened to her.
Then Jared comes home...

reviewed for Re
Pamela Stallings
***I RECEIVED AN ARC FOR AN HONEST REVIEW***

Just finished it and wow! All I can say is I need more right now. I have soooo many questions going through my head right now. I am loving Kollie and Jared, there is so much sexual tension between them. I love the banter back and forth between these two. I can't wait to see what's in store for them. This is a debut for this author and I can't wait to read more by her. Excellent job E.N. Hudgins. Go grab this book it's a quick read that will have you be
Danielle Swainston

Missing summer tells us the tale of Kollie and Jared.

When Kollies parent kicked her out she got a job as a nanny to Jared's younger siblings and moved into the pool house. Jared's family feel like her family too now, except Jared the boy who upon his return fast becomes more then just family to her, he becomes her everything. But with past memories coming to light will Jared be there for Kollie when she really needs him?

Jared always had a thing for Kollie even in high school, so when he finally
Cally
Mar 12, 2016 Cally rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We start off by meeting Kollie who is the innocent girl next door who has been kicked out of her family home by her parents. She lands a job working full time as live in nanny to Leslie and James Crowe. They have given Kollie the residence of the family pool house. Kollie loves her job and ends up loving the family as her own. One night she gets a call from her friend Jamie, when she gets up for a drink and her life is about to change big time. Its whilst getting a drink that she meets Jared .

Ja
Judy Miracle
Mar 03, 2016 Judy Miracle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is E.N. Hudgins' first book?? WOW i'm completely blown away. This is only the beginning not just for the author but also the characters Jared and Kollie. I had this book devoured in a short time. Its quick, its hot, and its fun to see how Kollie and Jared started.

Kollie is a full time nanny for the Crowe family after getting kicked out of her parents house. She has been living in their pool house.

Jared has been away trying to find himself. Hes now home and ready to take responsibility for
Chrissy
Apr 24, 2016 Chrissy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Omg so intense and good. what a cliff hanger
Whitney Cannavina
Feb 27, 2016 Whitney Cannavina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review by Whitney at The Club
I received an ARC for an honest review

Kollie has grown up too fast and taken care of herself at a young age. Being kicked out at 18 a neighbor took her in and now she is a full time nanny for them. When their oldest son comes home she can't help but fall instantly in lust with him. But she has a secret. She fears intimacy. Something has always held her back but she wants Jared to be her first.

Jared is ready to grow up and returns home only to find someone in the pool
  • Once You Go Demon (Pure Souls, #2)
  • A Lover's Secret
  • Shiver
  • Manage Me (Toven's Circus Book 1)
  • The Certainty of Deception (The Truth in Lies Saga, #2)
  • The Matriarch: An Erotic Superhero Romance (The Matriarch Trilogy, #1)
  • The Inseparable Twins
  • Hearts on Fire (Heart's Revenge, #2)
  • The Little Drummer Boy
  • Kandace and the Beast
  • Yes, Mr. Van Der Wells
  • Book Boyfriend
  • 7 Months (Time for Love, #7)
  • Emancypantki
  • Shackled
  • Never Better (Dark Obsession, #3)
  • Tempt
E. N. Hudgins is new to the Author scene. She is currently working on her debut
novel, Missing Summer, which is scheduled to release in 2016. She's been an
avid reader for years and loves all genres of romance that include angst,
especially the temper throwing cliffhangers. Her goal is to cause readers to
scream, cry, and yell in a crowded library while reading her stories. She loves
to write scen
More about E.N. Hudgins...