Start by marking “How You'll Do Everything Based On Your Personality Type” as Want to Read:
How You'll Do Everything Based On Your Personality Type

How You'll Do Everything Based On Your Personality Type

So you know your four-letter personality type. You know what some of your strengths and weaknesses are. You know which career you ought to pursue and which situations you shine in.

But now it’s time to explore everything the research won’t tell you.

In this entertaining collection, Heidi Priebe, author of The Comprehensive ENFP Survival Guide and prominent writer of all
Published December 9th 2015 by Thought Catalog Books

Be the first to ask a question about How You'll Do Everything Based On Your Personality Type

Lauren
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
I am a sucker for Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator posts. So, when I stumbled upon Heidi Priebe's articles on Thought Catalog, I pretty much fell in love.

See, I'm an INFP. Which means 98% of the time, I feel misunderstood and that nobody "gets me". When I read an article that nails how I am when I'm thriving, what exhausts me, and what kind of employee I am, well, I feel this sense of *finally* being understood (and if you don't know your MBTI, I recommend checking out 16personalities.com)
When I saw
Emy
Apr 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
well :/ i have no idea what to say/comment.
I am interested in psychology, personality types and stuff like that (that's why i picked up that book), it was interesting and new for me to "read" about more than just the typical "personality types", i even managed to find wich one i am (or i thought so, i'm not sure if i'm an INTJ or an ISTJ)
but i don't know why i feel like something was missing :(
Susan
A quick primer on MBTI followed by essentially the silly lists that have been posted on Thought Catalogue over time. The intro being wholly useless for those with advanced knowledge in the subject and the lists don't lend themselves well to the audio format. Again, the book would be better to scan through them to read the one's relevant to you. I don't know any ESTPs or ISFPs... also it can be a bit tedious and again the lists are better taken in short bits here and there not continuously for my ...more
Shantoria
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pretty accurate

I’m an INFJ and found this to be entertaining. For the most part it was very accurate when explaining my thought process and I could relate to a lot of the chapters. But when it talked about who I was in high school or what my heaven would be like etc, the book kept making me seem like a brainiac and that’s definitely not me. I don’t care about straight A’s and I’m not trying to be a goody-goody.
Cláudia
Mar 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Interesting, fun read.
Grace Kim
Oct 06, 2017 rated it liked it
I love reading about personality types and have read several books and information about INFPs and ISFPs (I tend to have mixtures of both types). There are a few things I've come to realize from reading these books. First, although the descriptions may ring true to you and you really feel like the author is describing you, don't limit yourself to the words on those pages. Particularly when it comes to weaknesses or flaws of your personality type, we could use our personality type as an excuse. S ...more
Jara
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very fun, fast read! Eerily insightful. The language is too spicy for me in some descriptions, which keeps it from receiving 5 stars. I recommend it for MBTI beginners and people with a sense of humor. If you're interested in using MBTI for personal or interpersonal growth, then check out "Godly Personalities: Growing Spiritually in Your Created Personality Type" by Roger Deemer, especially if you're Christian.
Mariah
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick, fun read. It's light hearted take on MBTI gives you a little insight and makes you laugh in the process. Not to be taken too seriously, Heidi Priebe pinpoints general traits of the personality types that can relate to almost anyone who falls under that particular umbrella. It's slightly reminiscent of those teen magazine personality tests.
Aneil
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding, spot-on, insightful, and hilarious guide to Type.

As a big fan of the MBTI, I think this is the best unofficial guide to how this personality theory shapes our perspective, ways we process information, where we get our energy, and how we order our lives I've read to date. It will be my unofficial handbook I'll be sharing with all my students and clients.
katherine campbell
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Insightful

As a ENFJ\INFJ partnered to a INTP THIS WAS very revealing and spot on to us and our relationship. Easy to read and discuss . Might be a great next read for book club! Thanks!
Jose Vallejo
Dec 06, 2018 rated it liked it
It was a fun read, but not much of a read either. Not much content for a single MBTI type but it goes over all of the types. Most of these things can be found online.
Erica
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun, fast read. Great to read with friends/family. Clarified my type for me really nicely--had thought I was INTJ for a long time, but now it looks like I trend toward INFJ.
Aditya I.P.
Sep 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Things you'd easily find on tumblr and thought catalog.
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Such a fun read

It gives an insight to each personality to help understand and help each other. I would recommend this book to anyone interested in Meyers Briggs
Brittany Kelly
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this

This book is so fun & true! My friend and I sat here reading it and laughing at the accuracy this book has all afternoon. A+. 10/10. Would recommend.
Janae
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: MBTI nerds
Shelves: my-library, favorites
I freakin' love Heidi Priebe. She is insightful, hilarious, and she knows her stuff! This book is massively funny and thought-provoking. It might have gotten a little too real (if that's possible-- it might have just been conviction) at some points. Definitely a must read for any MBTI nerds like me 😊
Izzie
Mar 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Pretty basic but interesting enough to keep going.
Booksandball
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great Summary of the MBTI Types

I really liked how this book succinctly described how
each of the MBTI types would behave in every day situations. Written with good humor yet clear eyed analysis.
Jay Weeldreyer
Sep 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Entertaining, Fun, Incisive

This domain is ruled by seriousness, which can quickly get old. Not this book. Cleverly organized, and written with wit, the author understands that quantity doesn't equal quality, and she chose to keep it brief.
Jean
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: psychology
This fun book by author Heidi Priebe is engaging, full of facts about each personality type, and very true. I was laughing at many of the situations some of the 16 Meyers Briggs Personality Types were described in, and at their imagined choices and reactions. However, this book is never cruel and doesn't play favorites, even if the author is herself an ENFP.
I took 4 or 5 tests online to see which personality type I am before I read this book. It isn't necessary to do that, however, because the
Melissa
Feb 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
For a hopeless believer of Myers Briggs, when my co-worker pointed this e-book out to me, I was pretty eager to snag my free copy.

"How You'll Do Everything Based on your Personality Type" is light and funny. While much of the information is over-simplified and stereotyped, I think Priebe is perfectly aware of this and expects the reader to be as well. I found myself laughing at a lot of the descriptors, and even thinking, 'that's SO [co-worker, friend, family member...me]'.

While I would not sa
Lalia Wilson
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A quick and accurate read of the 16 types

With almost no discussion of the history or theory, Priebe jumps into the types. I've worked with the types over two decades and not seen this succinct and accurate a guide. There are lots of practical ways to use the types in your business and personal life. I will re-read this book if I find myself stuck with a relationship as well as consult it before buying gifts. Prince's book will be useful for just about everyone.
Courtney (A Little Bookish Life)
I loved this book so much. Read the whole thing in one sitting and forgot to eat dinner! There's a great introduction to the type indicators and functions, but I found the greatest entertainment in the content of what each type would do in the given scenarios that she presented. I definitely recommend this book, especially if you are familiar with the Myers Briggs Wonderland!
Erickson
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: general
As the author mentioned, it is a book for the reader to have a kind of "unscientific chuckle" at MBTI personality types and "poke fun at your struggles", and to at least show that "you are not alone". With these in mind, this is a very light and pleasant book to read for fun and can be read quite quickly. With some healthy skepticism, this book is a learning tool worth reading.
Rebekah Giese Witherspoon
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is not a serious analysis of Myers-Briggs personality types, but it's not intended to be. It's funny and cute, with many truisms that (although leaning toward stereotypes) will help you recognize the people you know. I definitely saw myself in the INFJ descriptions throughout the book and felt that they all applied to me. Right on.
Arica
Feb 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Interesting enough

I gave this book a 3 star rating because it was short and yet it has some value to the thoughts provoked as one reads. You find yourself thinking...am I really like that?
amanda williams
Jan 02, 2016 rated it liked it
I think that the types could have been broken down a bit clearer.. Its an quirky/fun read.

I think that the types could have been broken down a bit clearer.. But over all Its a quirky/fun read.
Alexandra  A
Mar 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Does it pay to know your type? Most definitely! Even though I only read the parts relevant to me (ISFJ) I enjoyed it and I can’t believe how validating this tool is. It is so nice to be “understood.”
Thalarctos
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a short book, but it's free for the Kindle right now, so its value is infinite really. :)

I actually came to a realization about myself while reading this book, and I thought I'd read everything about the INTJ that there was. It's funny and insightful. I highly recommend it.
Erica
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Funny little book. I only read the parts that were relevant to me

• My True Type: Clarifying Your Personality Type, Preferences & Functions
  • The Secret Lives of INTPs
  • The Inner Sky: How to Make Wiser Choices for a More Fulfilling Life
  • 100 Ideas that Changed Photography
  • The Secret of Emotions (Love, Lust and the Longing for God #1)
  • Me, Myself, and Why: Searching for the Science of Self
  • The INFP Book: The Perks, Challenges, and Self-Discovery of an INFP
  • The Mystery of Things
  • Just Your Type: Create the Relationship You've Always Wanted Using the Secrets of Personality Type
  • Commentary
  • The Other Woman: Twenty-one Wives, Lovers, and Others Talk Openly About Sex, Deception, Love, and Betrayal
  • Kicking In the Wall: A Year of Writing Exercises, Prompts, and Quotes to Help You Break Through Your Blocks and Reach Your Writing Goals
  • Turning Japanese: Memoirs of a Sansei
  • Dare to Dream . . . Then Do It: What Successful People Know and Do
  • Dreads
  • Breakthrough!: Proven Strategies to Overcome Creative Block and Spark Your Imagination
  • The Power to Get Things Done: (Whether You Feel Like It or Not)
  • The Faker's Guide to the Classics: Everything You Need to Know About the Books You Should Have Read (But Didn't)
“INTJ: Being In The Dark Intellectually INTJs aim to develop a comprehensive understanding of the world around them – and in order to do so, they need to learn as much about it as they possibly can. This highly intellectual type prides themselves on having a thorough knowledge of anything that interests them – and the idea of being held back from learning, in any capacity, is genuinely scary to them.   ESFJ:” 2 likes
“INTJ: Present them with a completely unprecedented way of thinking about something they were previously decided on. You’ll shake their foundation and win their admiration. ESFJ” 1 likes