Start by marking “The Everyday Low Carb Slow Cooker Cookbook: Over 120 Delicious Low-Carb Recipes that Cook Themselves” as Want to Read:

3.6  ·  Rating details ·  186 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
We all love to eat good food, but no one seems to have the time to cook it anymore. The resurrection of the slow cooker has changed all that, giving busy food lovers a simple way to prepare delicious meals with very little effort or attention. Now, in The Everyday Low Carb Slow Cooker Cookbook, nutritionist and food consultant Kitty Broihier and recipe developer and creati ...more
Published February 13th 2004 by Da Capo Lifelong Books (first published January 23rd 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Everyday Low Carb Slow Cooker Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Everyday Low Carb Slow Cooker Cookbook

Elizabeth
Jan 20, 2012 rated it liked it
So far, the recipes we've made from the book have been keepers, though some of them definitely give me pause ("American Chop Suey" or anything that involves putting fish in a slowcooker :-o) Quite a few call for ingredients like condensed cheddar soup, which I'd rather stay away from if the whole point is eating healthily...I also ignored the frequent instructions to add a couple teaspoons of Splenda to the recipes. All in all, though, there are some winners in this cookbook.
Melanie Kyer
Jul 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
I have scads of low carb cookbooks and slow cooker cookbooks--but I reach for this one more often than any of the others combined. The "Greek Meatloaf," "Chicken Piccata" and "Good ol' Chili" are go-to recipes and always come out great. Really good stuff!
Stacy
I was able to pull out a few recipes but most of them require specific mixes, like Sweet 'n Low cake mixes, Atkins bake mixes, etc. without access to these things, most of the desserts in here are options
Katie Kenig
Feb 10, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
If you're trying to cut back on sugar and white flour, and don't mind using artificial sweeteners this is an excellent book. The desserts taste positively decadent. I highly recommend the boston cream pie and the flourless chocolate cake.
Bookish
Jun 01, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookery
No pictures make for a very dull cookbook, in my opinion. The need for many odd ingredients makes the recipes less than accessible for all but the most determined eater.
Bonnie
Mar 01, 2011 rated it did not like it
Uses lots of Splenda, a fair-to-large amount of prepackaged stuff, and even calls for low-carb bread in a few places.
Lesley Looper
Mar 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013, cooking
This cookbook includes some ideas for non-slow cooker sides as well as many slow cooker options. I'll be saving a few recipes from this librasry book.
Jun 25, 2007 marked it as to-read
I want jason to buy this book!
Kevin Graves
Sep 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Pretty good recipes, I made a couple. I now have more time to cook, but this is good for making large batches of say, pulled pork or soups for freezing.
Karen-Leigh
Oct 18, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
A few receipes that might suit me but generally more work than I want to put into even a crockpot meal plan.
Amy
Mar 02, 2015
Linda Check
Aug 10, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Home Sausage Making: How-To Techniques for Making and Enjoying 100 Sausages at Home
  • 500 Low-Carb Recipes: 500 Recipes, from Snacks to Dessert, That the Whole Family Will Love
  • Cheap. Fast. Good!
  • Fäviken
  • The 1896 Boston Cooking-School Cook Book
  • Bread Alone: Bold Fresh Loaves from Your Own Hands
  • The Indian Slow Cooker: 50 Healthy, Easy, Authentic Recipes
  • Fix, Freeze, Feast: Prepare in Bulk and Enjoy by the Serving, More Than 125 Recipes
  • Ideas in Food: Great Recipes and Why They Work