Start by marking “The Misadventures of Grumpy Cat and Pokey, Volume 1” as Want to Read:
The Misadventures of Grumpy Cat and Pokey, Volume 1

The Misadventures of Grumpy Cat and Pokey, Volume 1

(Grumpy Cat #1)

Dynamite proudly presents the comic book misadventures of Grumpy Cat, featuring "The World's Grumpiest Cat" and her brother, Pokey! With her ever-present pout and sassy disposition, Grumpy Cat has won the hearts of people everywhere. Now, her unbearable cuteness and infectious sourpuss are featured in an all-new, all-sensational collection of comic stories, sure to make fa ...more
Published February 16th 2016 by Dynamite Entertainment (first published October 7th 2015)

Be the first to ask a question about The Misadventures of Grumpy Cat and Pokey, Volume 1

Maxine (Booklover Catlady)
Grumpy Cat features in her own comic book alongside her feline brother with a bounce, Pokey. This was so much fun to read, Grumpy Cat's grumpiness shines through on every page. It's a mixture of a number of different comic strips, the drawings are fantastic and the dialogue interesting. This comic book would appeal to readers of all ages, especially if they are a cat lover and Grumpy Cat fan like me!

A wonderful book, great escapism, 4 stars from me! A meowy good book.

Many thanks to the publish
Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
I was a bit confused at first why I imaged Grumpy Cat being voiced by Bill Murray, then I realized that this series reminded me of Garfield. With, the exception that I found Garfield much funnier. Or at least, I did when I was younger. The comics of course, not the movie. It didn't matter that Grumpy Cat apparently is a female cat. I have Bill Murray's voice in my head.

I think I'm not the right age group for this kind of comic. I wasn't particularly amused my it. Now and then there would be some
Maya
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! I've heard so much about Grumpy Cat that I simply had to read all these amazing stories about her and her loyal brother Pokey.
I really liked all stories but my top three were for sure Paws of justice, Detective Cats and I know what you did last summer...I just don't care.
Also, the illustrations were amazing. Lots of detail and color. I enjoyed the stories even more because of them.

In Paws of justice I felt like the roles were reversed, where Pokey was the big hero and Grumpy Cat his
Adela Cacovean
This book reminded me a lot of Garfield, with Grumpy Cat having a similar personality (minus the enthusiasm about certain things) and Odie being represented by Pokey here.
That being said, I thoroughly enjoyed this comic, as predictable as its stories were, though I should add that Garfield is funnier in my opinion. Kids will probably love this comic more though, since the character is newer.
Angy Potter - Collector of Book Boyfriends
 photo ARC REVIEW_zps2snz3i0j.jpg

This comic was so funny! I was laughing my ass off the entire time when I was reading it. Pucky and Grumpy were the catty duo, perfect combo, the funny silly cat and the grumpy cat -duh- made it all more funny and entertaining to read. I have 2 cats my self and I thought of Pucky and Grumpy like my Kitty and Natsu... Maybe they have catty adventures just like these 2 crazy cats.

As for the illustrations, they were good. The style isn't my favorite, but it was good enough for me to read the whol
Ylenia
Jan 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016-reads, kindle
This was a lot more adorable than funny, but it was good! I loved the art.

*ARC / review copy provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review, thanks again*
Kirsty
Jan 05, 2016 rated it liked it
I received this book for free from the publisher via NetGalley in return for an honest review.

Video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYg6M...

This comic collection is exactly what you would expect it to be. It covers the adventures of Grumpy Cat with her brother Pokey and occasionally features a dog too. The storylines are cute and varied and suitable for an audience of any age, but particularly younger children.

The art in this comic is colourful and eye-catching and exactly what I expecte
monica ♪
3.5 Stars

The title of this book really caught my attention, because I also own a grumpy cat named Snowy:

description

This book is about Grumpy Cat and Pokey's adventure. I was expecting a very cute adventure, but too bad this book wasn't like what I expected.
Pokey is a very cute, funny, naïve cat. He is also a troublemaker. But I like his character more than Grumpy (yes, her name is Grumpy).
Grumpy is.. Well, always grumpy. She hates everything and complains over everything!
I thought she was a cute, grumpy c
Yzabel Ginsberg
[I received a copy of this novel through NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review.]

Cute graphics, and the familiar expression of “Grumpy Cat” was well-rendered, but in terms of stories, this book didn't do much for me. It was funny... but no more than that. It made me smile... but no more than that either.

The interactions between Grumpy and Pokey were of the silly kind (in a nice way): Pokey as the over-enthusiastic and a little simple-minded cat, wanting to have adventures with the neighbour
Pamela ✨I Blame Wizards✨
There was one big problem with this graphic novel rendition of Grumpy Cat, and it's that it's been done. It's been done, and done much better. It's called Garfield.

The short stories made it feel like a comic strip, the relationship between Grumpy Cat, Pokey and the dog were so similar to Garfield and Odie that I forgot what I was reading for a few moments and the tiny insular plots didn't really feel all that relevant. It lacked the humour of Garfield, but at least it did have some pretty great
Becki
When I saw that Grumpy Cat has her own comic I was super excited, But alas my excitement didn't last long. When I started reading this I found that Grumpy wasn't grumpy. And that the story focused more on her brother pokey and his shenanigans than Grumpy's lack of social etiquette we get the pleasure of seeing in here memes. I feel this is just another cash grab piggy backing on the success of Grumpy. This lacks humour and emotion. This probably would have been better if it just focused on her d ...more
Jackie
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019-read, e-books
I love Grump Cat memes, so when I saw this was available for free through Hoopla I jumped on it. I needed something light and funny, but this didn't quite meet expectations. There were a handful of funny moments where I actually chuckled out loud, but for the most part the punch lines on these misadventures were a bit bland.

From reading some of the reviews, readers have made the comparison to Garfield and Odie and I think that is about right. Pokey is the cat version of Odie. The naïve, cutesy
Janeka
Mar 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, humour
Disclaimer: e-ARC provided by Diamond Book Distributors through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Quotes may not appear in the final edition.

description

Grumpy Cat, you're my soul character.

Everyone loves some Grumpy Cat memes, right? Now combine that idea with the short comic stories appealing, and you could create something fantastic!, which totally got me into reading this one.

However, my expectations were not completely fullfilled, since most of the plots were extremely simple with disappointi
Morgan
I received this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

I think this would be a really fun/cute read for kids or for parents/children to read together. The "antics" of Grumpy Cat and her brother Pokey reminded me a bit of Garfield and Nermal. The addition of Good Dog sometimes only increases the resemblance (Odie). It's something that works though and has been duplicated in far more incarnations than just these
Scarlet Cameo
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
Probably i'm too hard with this book but the true is that was kind of boring, even when it is really short i felt like spend a eternity just to finish it. Even more, no matter how hard it reminds me a lazzy orange cat "Grumpy Cat" didn't had the charm and for that reason i can't connect with any of the characters, at the end i'd already saw it all and they have a name and a face that can't match with this new packet
The drawing was cute but average.

A digital copy of this book was provided by Net
Rachel's Book Reviews
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016
AAWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!
Adorable. Review Soon!

I actually really want an actual copy with the Grumpy Cat painting on it. So cute.
Lexxi Kitty
*I received this book from NetGalley in return for a fair review.*

Grumpy Cat, the comic, is often times cute and funny. And really really short. A lot of the stories are quick little adventures. The kind where everything is set up, certain things happen, then poof off to the next story – all seemingly within a few pages.

Some of the ideas might be interesting to have seen followed through, like detective Grumpy; haunted house Grumpy; superhero Grumpy.

Characters
Grumpy - as might be expected, the
Wayne McCoy
Mar 03, 2016 rated it liked it
'Grumpy Cat, Volume 1' by Ben McCool, Royal McGraw, Elliott Serrano and Ben Fisher (among others) is a collection of comics about the internet's grumpiest cat. It's aimed at kids, but some of humor, I think, is a bit dark for a kids comic.

Grumpy Cat lives with her younger more exuberant brother Pokey Cat. In the eleven stories featured here, we see Pokey trying to get Grumpy enthused about life, and we see Grumpy trying to get Pokey and the occasional dog in trouble. They investigate a haunted h
Francesca
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5

Il volume raccoglie le prime tre uscite del fumetto dedicato a uno dei gatti più celebri della rete, la mitica Tard, nonché la Grumpy Cat.

Insieme a Pokey, Grumpyna è alle prese con una serie di differenti avventure, tutte graziose e divertenti, benché non eccessivamente profonde.
Vi sono incursioni in case stregate, feste di Halloween e Natale, scherzi al cane, momenti di routine quotidiana, atti da supereroi, tutti visti secondo la prospettiva felina.
Le storie sono brevi e scorrevoli e sono
Paul Decker
Jan 11, 2016 rated it liked it
*I received this book as an eARC from Diamond Book Distributors and Dynamite Entertainment in exchange for an honest review*

I think everyone that uses the internet is familiar with Grumpy Cat. You've at least seen an image of this beautiful feline. I wasn't that familiar with Grumpy Cat other than the many memes and celebrities Grumpy Cat has been pictured with. I haven't seen the Lifetime movie so I wasn't aware of the character that Grumpy Cat has become. She is a grumpy cat. I guess she is t
Magda Żmijan
Feb 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was really surprised to see that Grumpy got her own graphic novel. Oh yes, Grumpy's a girl. I admit I didn't know that before. It might've been noted somewhere among all these funny meme's, but who reads all these comments anyway ;).

This comic is actually a set of stories about Grumpy and Pokey. Pokey, being the enthusiastic and energetic young spirit that comes up with all the crazy and not always smart ideas for the new adventures, and Grumpy - the reasonable and pessimistic part of the stor
Παναγιώτα Τσιμπαλίδη
I got a copy of this through NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review

A fun little comic book, laying out the awesome adventures of the Grumpiest Cat of all, plus friends.

It was a bunch of short stories put together in a volume and they all had that contrast in character between the perpetually impressed and good-natured Pokey, Grumpy's sister and Grumpy herself, with the cynical, nihilistic and -dare I say- villainous attitude we all know and love from the memes.

The art was also interesting,
Alex Sarll
Jan 18, 2016 marked it as abandoned
There are tons of great all-ages comics coming out at present based on licensed properties, and Grumpy Cat's Christmas movie was much better than it had any right to be, so when I saw ARCs of this were available on Netgalley, I thought I may as well take a look. Alas, it turns out that without that actual face glaring at you, you don't have Grumpy Cat so much as just a grumpy cat. And in the comics field, the niche for a lazy, snide feline with a gormlessly enthusiastic companion has been quite ...more
Corinna
Jan 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
The name's Grumpy. Best detective in town. If you need help solving a case...? Don't call me. You'd never afford my rates.
This was a very funny read!! And adorable (but i really love Grumpy Cat <3). "Detective Cats" and "I know what you did last summer...I just don't care" were my two favourite two stories.
If you like Grumpy Cat and are interested in knowing her partner in crime Pokey, you should definitely give it a try..

Angelc
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is perfect for young and old fans alike. I thought it was just perfect in general, so light and fun! Grumpy Cat is really overshadowed by his friend, Pokey, who counters the perfect amount of sunshine to Grumpy's doom and gloom. So fun, I can't wait for another installment!

I received an e-copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Eden
Aug 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a really cute graphic novel featuring Grumpy Cat and her brother Pokey. The artwork is nice and there are many stories in here. I did find myself laughing out loud more than once. Can't wait for the next volume.
Avid Reader and Geek Girl
I was given an ARC of this book by through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Grumpy cat is not only grumpy she's an asshole! This graphic novel/comic would only be funny to the most cynical of people, and I'm pretty close and I didn't find it humorous at all.
Melissa
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I can't describe how happy this made me. Love it!
Marius Paulsen (Antari-kun)
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Im basically grumpy cat in real life :P
Snake
Jan 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 2015
It has its moments. I'm not exactly a fan, though.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Pinocchio, Vampire Slayer Complete Edition
  • Bloom County Episode XI: A New Hope
  • Dumbheart: A Get Fuzzy Collection
  • Otto Von Trapezoid and the Empress of Thieves
  • Sinfest, Vol. 1
  • Murder, Mystery & Dating Mayhem (The Gray-Haired Knitting Detectives Book 1)
  • Star Trek: Starfleet Academy
  • The Complete Alice In Wonderland
  • Poet Anderson: The Dream Walker
  • Grave Surprise (Harper Connelly Graphic Novel #2)
  • Bob's Burgers: Medium Rare
  • Hilda - Snow White Revisited (Hilda the Wicked Witch #2)
  • My Little Pony: Friends Forever, Volume 1
  • In Search of Lost Dragons
  • A Letter to My Cat: Notes to Our Best Friends
  • Edward Scissorhands Volume 1: Parts Unknown (Edward Scissorhands, #1)
  • Camp Midnight
  • Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files: Wild Card (Series Omnibus, Signed Limited Edition)
British comic book writer, Ben McCool has gone from selling comics to writing them. He has written for Justice League: Unlimited and Negative Burn and is now working on the forthcoming graphic novel NEVSKY (April 2012). McCool is engaged to Heidi MacDonald, whom he lives with in New York.

Born and raised in Birmingham, England, Ben McCool was a long time fan of US comics. He first began to work wi

Grumpy Cat (3 books)