Start by marking “One Less Problem Without You” as Want to Read:
One Less Problem Without You

One Less Problem Without You

Meet Prinny, Chelsea and Diana. Prinny is the owner of Cosmos, a shop that sells crystals, potions, candles, and hope. It’s also a place where no one turns down a little extra-special cocktail that can work as a romance potion or heal a broken heart. But Prinny is in love with her married lawyer and she’ll need nothing short of magic to forget about him.

Chelsea works as a
Published July 26th 2016 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about One Less Problem Without You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Less Problem Without You

DeB MaRtEnS
Beth Harbison's novels have been favourites of mine for their guarantee of well-paced entertainment, slightly off-centre characters, and women-friendly plots. ONE LESS PROBLEM WITHOUT YOU has followed that pattern, including the touches of "impractical magic" that move Harbison's stories into the gently fantastical and wishfully whimsical.

This time, however, the storyline is shadowed by the exposure of the charmingly vicious narcissist, Leif, who crosses the paths of three women in the present
Alicia Prevost
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was ok
Oh it pains me to write this review. I love Beth Harbison, I've read all her books and have always enjoyed her writing. So I was excited for this book.

And it was just...no.

First, let me just say...this book should come with a trigger warning for rape. I really really wish that was a thing put in book descriptions. The same warning system a tv show uses.

The thing is, and why I'm giving it two starts instead of one, is...I FELT like there was a really good story here, an awesome story. It just...w
Meredith
Jun 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
One Less Problem Without You isn’t your typical chick-lit book; it contains some very dark elements (sexual assault, as well verbal and physical abuse).

Diana, Prinny, and Chelsea are tied together due to their relationships with a vile excuse for a man, Lief Tiesman. Diana has been married to Leif or 10 years. He has cheated on her throughout their marriage and has been verbally and physically abusive. The only one who understands what she is going through is her sister-in-law, Prinny.

While Le
Carrie
May 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
One Less Problem Without You focuses on three women who find their lives interwoven together. Diana Tiesman has found out that her husband has been unfaithful and is desperate to escape him. Chelsea wants to be an actress but has found herself working as a living statue around the tourist sites but takes a part-time job at Cosmos. Prinny owns Cosmos, a shop that sells crystals, potions, candles, and hope and is also the step-sister of Diana's husband but doesn't get along with him.

The Goodreads
Antonella
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
I guess I never learn.

Repeat after me- colorful cover doesn't make a happy and light read. Okaaaay. Right.
Moving on.

To Ariana Grande.
Oh yes....this title got me singing this damn song all day long.

Now on to the actual book.

Because another one bits the dust.
No bueno.

I felt like a lot of things were left out the book. A lot. There is a lot of holes in a plot line.
Another bad thing is use of flashbacks. Well now I don't like them but I understand the need of them and here they were useless.
Michelle Carlson
May 21, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free ARC copy via Netgalley.com.

Wow..... just wow. There was nothing in this book that I expected there to be. I mean, I get it. One bitter little boy grew up to be a bitter, but powerful, man and destroyed so much in the 30-something years he was alive. Let's just skip to the pros and cons before this Review gives me a headache.

LIKES

1: The Characters
Beth Harbison did an excellent job of writing well rounded characters that had real emotion in them.

2:(view spoiler)
Marla
Jun 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a really well written book that I really enjoyed. It's kind of dark and has several sad moments. There is abuse and other things so be forewarned. I really liked the three characters Prinny, Diana and Chelsea and how they all intertwine. I also liked the flashbacks that explained some of the behaviors of the characters. Very enjoyable and well worth the read.

I won this on Goodreads.
Sherri Thacker
Have you ever read a book and got 1/2 way through and asked "why am I reading this?" That's the category this book fell in for me. Just didn't get it at all.
Bambi Unbridled
Man, its been SO long since I have read anything by Beth Harbison - I need to catch up on a back log. Seriously, Hope in a Jar and Shoe Addicts Anonymous are beloved favorites of mine. I will always remember that they were the first two books I read after I graduated from law school and actually had time to read for pleasure again.

Beth Harbison's characters are always so relatable to me and she does a wonderful job at creating character connections. This story was no different as I was immediat
Andrea
Jul 23, 2016 rated it liked it
One Less Problem was a cute book about the power of a woman and the power of friendship, with a little dose of magic thrown in for good measure. I would say it has a slight Practical Magic feel to it.

Those qualities are definitely what I liked about One Less Problem, as well as overall good writing. This is the second of Harbison's books I've read, and while I liked the other book better, I do like her writing in general.

BUT... I had a few issues with this story.

The story is told mostly in the
Kathryn
One Less Problem Without You by Beth Harbison was the first book I have read by this author. I found the pages just turned themselves as I read it. It is the story really of three women, and one man.

Diana is married to Lief (the man!), however the cracks are well and truly there and as we meet them Diana has found she has had enough of his infidelity and abuse. She leaves him and turns to Prinny - his half sister, for help. Diana has a special gift that she has learned for mixing teas, all kinds
Debbie
May 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Never have I wanted so badly to take a character out. I mean stop his breathing, exclude him from Planet Earth, just take him out to be heard from no more. This was one sinister "little" guy.

That being said, anytime an author can make me feel strong emotions like that - that is a winner, winner, chicken dinner for me (translation: great book). HA!

This was a great book and my feelings for Leif started building early. As the book progressed, they just grew. The story does go back and forth to try
Jenny
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A perfect way to spend an afternoon. This would be a great book club read, you could make the drinks at the end.
Judy Collins
A special thank you to St. Martin's Press and NetGalley for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Beth Harbison returns following If I Could Turn Back Time (2015) with ONE LESS PROBLEM WITHOUT YOU — three women whose lives are at a crossroads, connected by one man, an evil monster.

A contemporary domestic suspense with a little grit, danger, some magic, courage, new friendships, and some special cosmos! Hat’s off to St. Martin’s Press and Harbison for another chic and stunning cover! -the
Cindy Roesel
Jul 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
The thing I love about Beth Harbison's novels is more often than not, before you even crack a page, you're enticed by the delicious covers. Remember the cupcakes on the covers of IF I COULD TURN BACK TIME and WHEN IN DOUBT ADD BUTTER? Check out this lovely martini, or is it a cosmo on the cover of ONE LESS PROBLEM WITHOUT YOU (ST.MARTIN'S)? I don't know about you, but I think I'd like to drink, at least, one right now.

ONE LESS PROBLEM WITHOUT YOU brings three women together who would rather "be
Oakley-Raine
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
Monique Pearson
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book reminds me of one of those "Six degrees of separation" scenarios. One man impacts the lives of numerous women; many who end up helping each other. The very last couple of paragraphs definitely tickled me.
Gail
May 05, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I hate to do this and I usually love Beth's books but this was terrible. So hard to follow and boring. Sorry I wasted my time reading it.
Victoria
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Tea, cocktails, girlfriends. Adorable! Oh how I wish this shop existed in my neighborhood! I would be there constantly!

Darling darling summer read. I adore you Beth Harbison.
Cecily Kyle
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: wheelathoniii
A decent read but not super memorable. I am happy I finally read it but it's nothing I would really recommend for any reason.
Meh read!
Debbie
Jul 25, 2016 rated it really liked it

Chelsea works as a living statue at tourist sites around Washington, DC. It's a thankless job, but it helps pay the rent. That, and her part-tim
Fluff Smut & Murder

Thank you to NetGalley.com and to the publisher for the ARC of this novel in exchange for my honest review.

I have read and loved all of Beth Harbison’s book and am eagerly awaiting her “Shoe Addict’s Christmas” later on this year. I wish I could say the same for “One Less Problem Without You.” I couldn’t even find something I even liked about this novel to put in my standard review on www.FluffSmutandMurder.com. Instead – here are all of the things I had an issue with:

1) Why bother including the
Wendy Bunnell
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
This is the weakest link in the "I'm in love with a sociopath" trio of books that I read this week, but it was still a decent read. The other two books are The Good Girl and You, which are both way more terrifying, but Leif, the jackass at the center of this book, is no slouch in the jerk department.

One thing that bugged me, and this is probably not the author's fault, but the description on Goodreads describes Prinny as Lief's stepsister, when she is actually his half-sister. They have the sam
Justin
Jun 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Diana Tiesman realises that her marriage to Leif is not what she hoped one night after reading a text he'd gotten from another woman he is having an affair with. She'd had her suspicions but now she knew, and that night she decides it's time to leave him,after toying with the idea of killing him.
She leaves the next day while he's at work,and not knowing where to go she calls her sister in law Prinny.
Prinny had a bad relationship with her brother Leif since childhood so she takes in Diana and l
Elizabeth
Jun 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, netgalley
I have read very few of Beth Harbison's books. However, the title intrigued me, the cover even more so. I wasn't disappointed. This book has everything I enjoy - love, hate, great characters and an absolutely wonderful plot.

I think my favorite character was Prinny. The reason is that she was a character who didn't try to conform to what society dictates. She has her own shop, Cosmos, and she's psychic. Oh, and she also has a sociopath for a stepbrother! But he's slightly afraid of her, which is
Kim Thibault
Sep 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. It was a fun, lighthearted read, that ended with a twist I wasn't expecting!
Elizabeth
Nov 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Prinny, Diana, and Chelsea all have a problem: Leif. Prinny is Leif's younger half sister. Diana is Leif's wife. Chelsea is Leif's chance encounter. Prinny and Chelsea's chapters are written in third person, Diana's are written in first person. And, for fun, some chapters are flashbacks. So the book is like a mystery in itself. When you launch into a chapter you reorient, who are we learning about now and where are we? How does this fit into the prior knowledge I have gained in the book so far? ...more
Meredith Schorr
Jul 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review
I received this book from Netgalley in exchange for my honest review.

I'm torn about this book. On the one hand, I enjoyed reading it and I breezed through it very quickly. That says a lot about the readability and the pacing. On the other hand, I felt the plot could have been tighter. The flashbacks didn't really work for me, especially the ones from the perspective of a character who had no role in the book in the present. And things seemed to work out just too conveniently for all three charac
Rebecca
Mar 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-audio
A rounded up 2.5 stars. I think this book had a lot more potential, but it seemed like it was afraid to really commit to whatever it wanted to be. It was a little mystical, with Prinny's psychic abilities, but it just teetered on the possibility of magical realism and didn't really go there. I generally don't mind multiple narrators, but in this case all three, but particularly Prinny and Chelsea, feel a little incomplete. It was decent women's fiction and would make a fine beach read.

* I recei
Sherri Lewis
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*** I received an advanced e-copy from Net Galley in exchange for my honest review

Need a good beach read? This book is for you. Told in the alternating voices of Diana (the wife of Leif, biggest jerk of all time), Prinny (Leif's half sister and another victim of his constant wrath) and Chelsea (an aspiring actress who also works as a psychic in Prinny's metaphysical shop). This book will make you mad (at Leif of course) and make you cheer for the 3 women. Definitely a must-read this summer.
  • Keep Calm and Carry a Big Drink
  • Emerald Coast
  • How Not To Shop (Annie Valentine, #3)
  • The Wedding Sisters
  • The Bake-Off
  • The All You Can Dream Buffet
  • Sunset Bridge (Happiness Key, #3)
  • Restless Spirit
  • Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (Thumb Index))
  • Lost Along the Way
  • Coming Home
  • Vegas Girls
  • Love Letters of Great Men and Women
  • Relentless: A Memoir
  • Firefly Summer
  • Indigo Lake (Ransom Canyon #6)
  • Falling Is Like This
  • Last Summer: A Novel
Beth Harbison grew up in Potomac, Maryland, in the shadow of Washington, D.C. Apart from the occasional irritation at being held up in traffic by a presidential motorcade, she has remained fairly uninvolved in the politics that define her home town. Her latest novel, ONE LESS PROBLEM WITHOUT YOU, comes out July 26, 2016.