Start by marking “Public Display of Everything” as Want to Read:
Public Display of Everything

Public Display of Everything

"Is there a voyeur inside you? Or are you the one who would like an audience in the bedroom?"

Cory can’t keep a job. Flynn has a job he can no longer hide behind. A simple proposition in an effort to solve both of their problems leads two young men to confront the heartbreaks of their pasts in order to make a future together.

What starts as an innocent bit of voyeurism turns
161 pages
Published (first published April 4th 2014)

Gigi
Apr 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Every M/M Romance Reader
Recommended to Gigi by: Just about everyone
re-read August, 2015: Loved this all over again! It's time for me to dive in Cara Lee's other M/M romances.

I have been reading M/M romance books, at the exclusion of all other types of reading material, since about August 2011. Before that I normally read your typical M/F bodice rippers along with popular fiction and auto/biographies. When I discovered GoodReads in 2012 it was like opening up an untapped gold mine of fantastic M/M romance books to read, because there were so many other like-mind
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
4.5 let-me-watch-you stars

The hell, you guys? I didn't realize until after I read this book that it was written by the same author who wrote:

Aftermath (Aftermath, #1) by Cara Dee

which is fucking brilliant, and kind of a hard act to follow.

But, ohmygod, Public Display of Everything is equally brilliant.

(And not nearly as angsty.)

Fabulously quirky and overflowing with realistic, funny dialogue, this book is a warm, kinky hug. The MCs, Flynn and Cory, are perfectly imperfect and so damn hot together.

FLYNN, 22, is a lonely, slight
Exina
Public Display of Everything is such a perfect, spectacular, heartwarming story!

The voyeurism-exhibitionism aspect creates a nice frame, but it is not just a kinky story. It is so much more than what the blurb indicates.

Nicely flowing plot, not too heavy background story, catchy writing style.

The characters are unique but not overdone; complex but not inconsistent.

The romance develops quickly but not unforgivably so; it’s sweet but not sappy. No games, only direct and open communication – I
Meags
4.5 Stars

Whoop, there it is!!!

I cannot believe I had this hot little gem on my TBR shelf sitting neglected and overlooked for almost 5 years. Shame on me, right!? But the lesson has been learned and I will do better in the future… maybe…I hope.

What we have here are two American expats living and eventually loving in the UK. Cory is a 30 year old gay man fighting the good fight to hold down a job, but no matter how hard he tries Cory keeps losing them, one right after the other, to which he mostl
Nazanin
Nov 02, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014, m-m
3.5 Stars

Cory (30) can’t keep a job and get fired repeatedly, and this time he got kicked out of the room he was renting too. He met Flynn (22) in a bar. Flynn knew Cory’s situation and offered him a job (albeit not a real job and it’s a bit an awkward offer)! and that’s the beginning of their friendship/relationship.

A sweet, almost angst-free and quick read. Well-written with likable/cute characters. They were perfectly in sync with each other. Told in single POV (Cory), 1st person. It’s a stan
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4--Kinky--Stars!!

How cute were Flynn and Cory!?!?

Who thinks voyeurism is HOT?

So Cory can't seem to keep a job. He's been in England the last seven years and has had countless jobs.

His latest job loss has left him broke and essentially homeless. He's visiting his friend Tammy when he's approached by Flynn. Flynn overheard that Cory was out of work and has a job offer for him.

Flynn runs his own website centered around vuyeurism, Public Display of More. Flynn wants Cory to pose as him in order to
Justin
Apr 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I loved this book so hard!! Wow! So much fun in these pages.

This is first and foremost a romance. It is sweet, but not the cavity inducing kind. There is sex in this book! The sex is on the page. The sex is smokin hot!

The title.....it almost made me pass on this one. It sounded cheezy. Here's the deal, the PDA or PDE in this case is NOT cheezy and over-the-top. It's a part of the story but not THE story. This is a romance with a little perviness on the side.

This book was way more tha
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Cory is 30, he’s gay, he’s single and he’s a klutz. He just got fired, again. Unfortunately, he can’t seem to keep his job more than one week. He doesn’t have money and he doesn’t have a place to live.

Flynn is 22 and he has an interesting business, he’s the owner of 'Public Displays of Everything', a website where voyeurism is the main interest.

Cory meets Flynn in an American Pub, when he’s visiting his friend. When Flynn finds out that Cory needs desperately a job he makes him an offer he can
Amy
Apr 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars! I really enjoyed this one!! Who knew voyeurism could be so sexy?? I loved klutzy Cory and his inability to hold down a job. And I loved quirky Flynn and his Google research! Seriously, how could you not fall in love with him during the movie marathon. He's so unbelievably sweet.

"Several sites suggested comfortable clothes slash pajamas when engaging in movie marathons, so I bought sweatpants and T-shirts for us." He gestures at his own gray sweats and white T-shirt. "I left your cloth
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4.25 Stars***

First off...that blurb?

That blurb doesn't do this book an ounce of justice.

Here's what you need to know:

#1 - While reading, you're going to have a smile on your face. A lot.

#2 - If you're not smiling, it's probably because you're too busy fanning yourself, because this book is also pretty hot.

Not overly so, but just the perfect amount. A little bit sweet, a little bit kinky (a touch of voyeurism to spice things up) and a whole lot satisfying.

#3 - You're going to fall in lov
.Lili.
Apr 12, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
This book started great and I was loving it. Then when we got to the climax and resolution- I thought:

I don't know, I was expecting a lot more. I want to point out- I did appreciate that the twist wasn't the same ol' thing. The characters were great and it was a sweet read. I just wanted more angst. I recommend this to readers in the mood for a sweet, low angst story. 3.5 Stars.

Vivian
Apr 09, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-contemp
Gun shy and hopeful.

Gotta love the adorable factor of both the heroes. Definitely imbued with cuteness and awwwaaa…Loved the letters, the klutziness, the exhibitionist/voyeur aspects. For two quiet guys, they seem to do just fine performing. Sweet and fun read.
Ann
Here's another one that was WAY more than I expected.

I honestly thought I was going to get some PWP, some insta-lust and be on my merry way. What I didn't expect was the emotions and honest communications. Sure, there was insta-love but I totally bought every word of it. After reading an angst story with a stubborn alpha hero who couldn't express himself, this was a real breath of fresh air. Cory and Flynn may have been a little naïve but they never played games with each others emotions and we
~Mindy Lynn~
May 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, kindle-own
Short and sweet is what I got with this story. I absolutely adored Flynn and Cory. They were just too damn cute together. I am so glad that there was close to no drama and there was hardly any angst. It was just a nice comforting read that I really loved. I am so glad I picked up this one when I was told it was freebie. But freebie or not, the book is worth spending money on. Of course that's my opinion. But the story is just too damn likable for me not to gush a bit. Flynn was just so damn swee ...more
Alvin
Apr 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
EASY, ROMANTIC, AND A LITTLE KINKY... ;)

I loved it!!! This is a good one!

First of all, the title and cover. The title is very very clever! It will definitely get attention. And the models, I think they fit the bill. I really love the flannel/tank-top look on the Cory model. That look never ever gets old. ;)

This book has a really great premise! But I was a little disappointed on how it turned out. I want a kinkier story! XD I still loved the story though! Another criticism, I didn't liked how e
Susan
Re-read May 2019

-----------------------------

Lovely uncomplicated story. These guys were so sweet together!

Cory is 30 years old and lost his job, again. So he is trying to figure out what to do while complaining to his friend Tammy in his favorite pub. But then he is approached by a cute, shy 'kid'. The kid turns out to be 22-year old Flynn who runs a website. A website revolving around voyeurism. Flynn offers Cory a thousand pounds if he lets himself be seen.. in front of a window... by other p
Renée
Reread 11/19/16

Original review:
This one will officially hit my all-time greats shelf! It wasn't perfect, but it was perfect for me! I would've NEVER read this book based on blurb alone. Voyeurism and exhibitionism - not for me. But that really had fuck all to do with this book. I trust several GR peeps. And they rarely let me down.

This author has become an autobuy for me! I discovered her on Friday and went through each of her m/m books throughout the course of the weekend. I'm hooked. And this
Sunny
Apr 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, cute-fun, sweet
3.5, rounded up

I enjoyed this sexy little story. The characters were distinctive and very likeable. The dialogue flowed smoothly, sometimes humorous, sometimes sweet. That said, in the beginning, Flynn's character was a little too awkward. He was adorable, but I kept wondering if this was going to end up as a futuristic story and Flynn was really some kind of A.I. that didn't fully understand social norms. Also, a lot happens off page so the relationship development feels very rushed.
Jewel
Thank you Santa's Elf for gifting me this book!

-----------------
I cannot count the ways in which I loved this book. It was perfect. I'll try to write a more coherent review tomorrow.
Isabel
I am a Cara Dee's fan since Aftermath! Her writing is incredible and that shows again in this book!

Public Display of Everything is a brilliant, kinky, hot, funny and romantic story!

Cory and Flynn have an amazing relationship! Although both of them have really sad moments in their past, they are sweet and tender! They have super hot sex (yes... what a bonus!!!), well they are a great couple!

One of the most interesting fact about this book is how all of this started! Original, unusual, funny, kin
Wendy
A short, funny and sexy little read that I really enjoyed. Cory and Flynn were really sweet together...and hot, let's not forget hot ;)

I liked the voyeurism part...haven't read a book about that before, so that was new to me.

4 stars from me....
Cristina T.
Apr 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In a nutshell, Public Display of Everything is all fluff, with a dash of kinky awesomeness.

When I first read the blurb, I thought 'Oh. Exhibitionism/voyeurism?! Hell yeah, sign me up for that.' But what I got from this fantastic book was much more than that. It is a sweet story about two quirky guys, who overcome their issues together.

Cory is 30 and he's an American, who's been living in London for about 7 years. He's a major klutz, and even though he studied history and is pretty smart, he chan
Vanna
4 stars!! 😍 I didn't think that I would like a story about voyeurism.. but I did.. in fact I loved it 💕 because it was so much more than just that.
Cory, a lovable klutz who despite his inability to keep a job has a fun, positive personality and when he meets nerdy, awkward and sweet Flynn...., sparks fly.. 🔥🔥. Short of cash, Cory agrees to perform on Flynn's website, a paid internet website for voyeurism for like minded members. That one performance triggers the beginning of a relationship betw
Zuzu
May 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Re-read 3/12/19 - I didn't remember anything about this book - even while reading it. I liked it but didn't love it like I must have the first time! I'd probably give it 3.5 rounded down this time.
--------------
I loved this so much! Both Cory and Flynn have been hurt in the past. They are happy to bring their relationship out in public. Cory ends up reconciling with his uncle.
Trisha Harrington
This was such a cute read!

I wasn't really sure about this book, and for a long time I didn't really think much about it. But once it became free on Amazon, I took the chance and got it. I don't regret that decision one bit! It was a really great book and I had so much fun reading it. It was such a cute, light read which was exactly what I needed to read and exactly what I wasn't expecting it to be. So if you pick this up, don't expect a really angsty or dark book, it's neither of those things.

Th
Steelwhisper
Unfortunately I can't say anything polite and politic about this. Maybe it had the misfortune of being read after a really excellent book, or maybe my earlier take on Mrs Dee's writing ( https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... ) and my reading preferences not working out well together was more accurate than I thought.

Anyway. This story was an exercise in pointless, mindless waffle, and had an overdose of "cutesy" and "smartalecky" dialogue which got on my nerves fast. When the godawful "m/m sp
Heller
Apr 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5

Hello unexpected twist. Look at you be a book that surprised me.

Delicious little confection with intensely hot dirty talk and a voyeuristic kink that turned the heat levels up to eleven. All that and it still managed to deliver a lovely romantic HEA between two lonely guys.

Huckleberry and Klutz, FTW.
Eva
Apr 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet and dirty...

"You know you like to watch."

Hot men involved...

And delicious kink (view spoiler)

This book is one of those stories that you can't read without smiling. Their romance develops beautifully, and watching MCs stumble around in the dark to navigate a relationship is fantastic.

Ridiculously adorable, Flynn is so cute in all his awkwardness and Cory's klutziness is endearing. Perfect "feel-good" light read. Recommended

The sex was hot! Like very hot! Dirty talki
Barbara
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Barbara by: Isabel
Shelves: hot, m-m, favorites
 photo oie_7deMGDn2l8e5_zpsd61c2c0f.jpg

Voyeurism this is where the book starts… I know I like to watch: D, and Flynn, does too! Cory needs a job and Flynn offer one…
A offer that turns in to a real relationship very believable a perfect match, two men falling in love and solving their pasts, to face a new future … together!

This book has all the” LOVES” … I love in a book! It's a beautiful, cute fluffy story, and it's not cheesy, is a bit kinky, hot and funny too… I ADORE THAT!!!

So very well done, Cara Dee, I already love your writin
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Apr 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
I can't think of a single reason that this book doesn't get 5★'s from me so that is what I am giving it. I freaking loved it and found it beautiful. It was fluff with such depth and well, the twist...Yeah, 5★'s no doubt. Read.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Book Cover Update 3 32 Jan 16, 2018 05:34AM

• Top Me Maybe?
  • Beauty and the Bookworm (Beauty and the Bookworm #1)
  • Mark of the Gladiator (Warriors of Rome, #4)
  • Blue Notes (Blue Notes, #1)
  • Out in Time
  • Hanging Loose
  • Hooch & Cake (Special Delivery, #1.5)
  • Punch-Drunk Love
  • Carte Blanche
  • Unwrapping Hank (Unwrapping Hank, #1)
  • In His Sights (Don't Tell, #4)
  • Taxes and Tardis
  • The Shearing Gun
  • Stuff (The Bristol Collection, #2)
  • Shiny!
  • Mark Cooper versus America (Prescott College, #1)
  • With or Without Him
  • Waiting for Clark

I'm often stoically silent or, if the topic interests me, a chronic rambler. In other words, I can discuss writing forever and ever. Fiction, in particular. The love story—while a huge draw and constantly present—is secondary for me, because there's so much more to writing romance fiction than just making two (or more) people fall in love and have hot sex. There's a world to build, characters to d
“It stings every now and then, but I've moved on. Not only that, but I've moved on without suppressing shit and being in denial.” 1 likes
“But as I grew older I learned the difference between a parent's opinion and what was really right.” 1 likes