Start by marking “The i’Mpossible Project (Volume 1 Reengaging With Life, Creating a New You)” as Want to Read:
The i’Mpossible Project (Volume 1 Reengaging With Life, Creating a New You)

The i’Mpossible Project (Volume 1 Reengaging With Life, Creating a New You)

Storytelling is one of our oldest traditions—yes, even older than the hokey pokey. Stories can make us laugh or cry… or both at the same time. They can teach, inspire and even ignite an entire movement.

The i’Mpossible Project is a collection of 50 powerful stories. They’re gritty, deep, heartwarming—and guaranteed to help you discover new possibilities in your life.

The st
Published January 13th 2016 by Skookum Hill Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The i’Mpossible Project, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The i’Mpossible Project

Start your review of The i’Mpossible Project (Volume 1 Reengaging With Life, Creating a New You)
Joshua Rivedal
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Not quite a review, but the authors in this book are some of the strongest, most resilient people I have ever met. They have overcome their son’s homicide (Jenny Rietveld) and started an LGBT youth suicide prevention hotline and won an Academy Award (James Lecesne). They hold top positions at some of the best colleges and universities across the U.S. (Judy Thrasher, and Jenn Burton). They are out, proud and starting mini and macro movements because of their story (Claire Kaufman, Matthew Shaffer ...more
Heather
Sep 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have read countless books, in many genres. I approach reading a book the same way I try to live my life: with an open heart & mind. As human beings, we are never going to agree on everything 100% of the time. As a society, we need to learn how to disagree with love when we cannot agree--very few of us know how to do that without judging or placing conditions on that love. Everyone has a purpose, worth, a desire to be accepted, and deserves to love and be loved. Rivedal's The I'mpossible Projec ...more
Camilla Ross
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What is life about other than a journey? This book which is written by 50 authors takes you on a journey of discovery. Not only about the stories in which you will read but about who you are within them.

I enjoyed each and every one of these stories. Some of them moved me to tears while others moved me to be in deep thought and in awe of the strength of others. The book is humbling in its words and it captures the essence of life in its truth. Each of our journey's are different and I do believe
Rick Strait
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This weekend I finished reading my proof copy of The I'mpossible Project, this book is amazing, 50 stories of people overcoming obstacles and doing something positive with their life. My little part of the book I share briefly about my suicide attempt in 1993 and the things I have learned and try to do since that day. What I didn't expect was how all areas of the book had such an impact on me. There are sections that focus on family, physical health, trauma, mental health, lived experience with ...more
Stephanie Barko
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
This title is the October 2018 selection of South Austin Spiritual Book Group.

Recommended for
anyone contemplating suicide
anyone who suffers from depression
anyone who has a dream
anyone who feels different
artists
actors
playrights
writers
Karen Strait
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My heart has really been touched as I read Josh Rivedal's book, The i'MPOSSIBLE Project Reengaging with Life, Creating a New You. I originally read the book as my son shared his story, but I quickly became engrossed in the individual stories of each of these author's lives. I am a sufferer of chronic pain, and the stories involving chronic pain gave me so much encouragement. I want to thank each of the authors for taking the time to share a little piece of their life to give all of us hope in th ...more
Kathleen Myre
Nov 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am honored to be one of the fifty authors in this book and inspired by the writings of my fellow co-authors. Reading how they overcame their own challenges motivates me to keep navigating my own journey.

This book is an eye opener that touches on subjects that can change anyone's perspective on suicide, mental health, transgender, and beyond. It's a battle cry for those who have been touched by cancer, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, and other diagnoses.

Reading this book invokes compas
Richard Strait
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Being a mental health and substance counselor for many years and using biblo-therapy , I would say this is the best. The personal stories of the writer’s struggles with depression, suicidal thoughts, anxiety and identity crisis

gives the reader motivation to continuing seeking the answer for the difficult problems of life. It also gives inspiration from real humans. And finally, the personal stories challenge the reblader to face the future with hope and strength. I recommend iMPOSSIBLE as first
Leah
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Uplifting stories of resiliency from all walks of life!
As I read the The i'Mpossible Project: Reengaging With Life, Creating a New You, I found each of the authors’ stories to be personal but relatable and encouraging. There was a wonderful power in the depth and brevity of each piece; a tangible way to find hope amidst struggle and view resiliency up close. The diversity of stories provides the opportunity to relate in ways we might not notice from the title. This book inspires hope and growth
Reeca Elliott
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book, author-review
s is a great, inspirational read. It reminds me of the Chicken Soup for the Soul, just better. The reason it is better……it is unpolished. I loved that. I felt like the authors were talking directly to me.

These stories are about the struggles in life and overcoming most obstacles. And if you can’t overcome, it is about learning to accept the things you cannot change.

I do not think I have ever stopped reading this book since I started it. I just keep rereading a story every day. They always brig
Kacie Sandlin
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful collection of inspiration and perseverance! The i'Mpossible Project showcases the talent of several authors who aim to uplift the audience with stories and tips for self care. This book is impossible to put down once started, and leaves the readers feeling empowered once finished. If you're looking to make a life change or just need a pick-me-up, The i'Mpossible Project is the perfect choice!
Jeff
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the most powerful books I've read in a long time. My outlook on life has changed after reading this book. It's kinda like Chicken Soup for the Soup but a bit more substantial. There are fifty short stories, some on the LGBT experience, some on coming back from suicide, some on mental health. I recommend this book for ages 13+ and for anyone who needs a little pick me up. I'll be giving this one out for the holidays as well.
Barby
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Reading the amazing stories of the 50 authors in this book is so inspiring and motivating. We are taught things get tough and are therefore impossible... but that is not the case. Here are amazing stories of hope, action, and people showing that all is possible. We just have to never give up and keep working through the tough times. Tough moments do not last, tough people do!
Julie
Sep 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When Josh asked me to share my story for this collection I didn't know what to expect. After reading it I'm truly honored to be included among so many great stories of inspiration. Some of them left me in tears, others left me laughing but they all left me thinking. These are wonderful inspirational stories that remind us that we are possible and that we can overcome anything.
Natalie Roy
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Powerful, uplifting and inspiring. A captivating read from start to finish. Told from so many different voices. It sings of healing and joy.
Laura Marchildon
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“The i’Mpossible Project: Reengaging with Life, Creating a New You”, by Josh Rivedale, 50 Authors Foreword by Kevin Hines is a very meaningful book filled with hope, inspiration, and perseverance.

Each of the 50 authors discloses their life story about when they felt their life hit bottom, the moment they saw a future, and how they started rebuilding their lives.

This book includes chapters on families, physical health, mental health, lived experience with suicide, LGBT, and second acts and sec
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In Josh Rivedal's continuing work in suicide prevention, he gathers different stories from those with the lived experience. His authenticity rings true as he highlights three affected populations: 1) Those suffering from physical and / or mental health medical conditions; 2) Individuals from the LGBT community; and 3) Our Veterans. Mr. Rivedal takes an honest view of a serious problem that many people conveniently and casually dismiss. Our lost friends and loved ones deserve better than that and ...more
Prasanna
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Josh Rivedal believes that stories have healing powers. By sharing stories with each other we teach as well as learn. So when the skies get all dark, pick up The i’MPossible Project book and read a story or two, be inspired, and wait for the storm to pass.
Monica Reagan
Jan 11, 2016
Ryan
Mar 13, 2020
Mae
Sep 03, 2015
Nicki Hill
rated it did not like it
Jan 04, 2016