Start by marking “Solid Ground” as Want to Read:
Solid Ground

Read Book

Solid Ground

Mags Javiks has one day left until she boards a spaceship to start her ambassador training, one day in which to admit her love for her best friend Lex. To do so, she will have to trade the solid ground of a comfortable past relationship for the unknown frontier of a possible future together.
Published June 12th 2015 by Boroughs Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about Solid Ground, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Solid Ground

Shannon

3.5*

I wish it was longer! I love quick little stories like this, but sometimes they really leaving me wanting more...and that's how I feel about this one! I'd love to see Mags and Lex in the future- to see how their jobs are going, to see how they are dealing with eveything, and coping with the distance between them. In such a short amount of time I found myself really invested in these characters.
Seregon
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*Warning: possible spoiler*

It's graduation and Mags, the workaholic she is, hasn't made many friends or let Lex, her long time best friend and he who knows her best, turn into more than a friend. And not b/c she stuck him in "friend zone". She just wanted to spare them both the heartache since she was going into the ambassador's program and he was going into infantry.

After her small going away gathering, Mags and Lex hang out on last time, the evening before she is set to board her ship. While
AnnaM
Jul 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Short and sweet. The story is about self-doubt, regrets and the bittersweet joy of getting out of your own way. Mags and Lex both loved each other and were afraid to tell each other for fear of losing their friendship. The story seems to end on a happy for now, but to me, it's a "too late" because it's the night before they part, possibly forever.

It was nicely written. No external conflicts really. Not a lot happens. The plot could be the seed of a really good novel. But as a short story it's m
Berzerkertiki
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a very wonderful short story!

Watching two friends realize there is more to their relationship is always interesting to see unfold. Mags and Lex are forced to make a difficult decision on their last days together at the academy when their assignments will separate the two, just as they realize the things they have left unsaid. Watching the moments weigh the two of them down is powerful as it reminds us all of the difficult moments we share that could ultimately change the directions our
Ioana
Aug 08, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: bleh
Review also on my blog, Naga Sanctuary

Oh thank god this wasn't any longer than 26 pages, I don't think I could've read more of their "love".
I feel lied to. I feel like they gave me something in the cover and then something completely different in the book.

photo 1 sad.gif

You look at the cover and think oh boy oh boy, I better read this when no one's around me. Well, you couldn't be more mistaken. Prepare yourself, I'm gonna give you a spoiler of the characters' relationship: they kiss.

That's it.

That's it, you
Barb
Jun 18, 2015 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book just enough to finish it but it really didn't keep my interest all that well. Both the main characters were plain in my opinion and there really wasn't anything within the storyline that pulled me into the story and made me believe that I was right there living this with these characters. The author did do a great job on the descriptions within the story but nothing stood out that made the characters stand out in my mind.
Mags and Lex were friends who were going through the ac
Aly
Jun 08, 2015 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

The writing in Solid Ground was really well done. At no time did I ever feel my reading experience was disrupted or anything less than great. The grammar and whatnot was on point and just the style of how Katherine read was intriguing.

Not to mention she deals with a topic that many face; regrets. And I think the debating of Mags over her regrets and what she would have changed is something that resonated deeply with me. Just that to
Erin
Jul 09, 2015
Ally
Jun 10, 2015
Katherine McIntyre
Jun 03, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
dreamerinexile
Dawn  Green
Nov 13, 2018
Tannie
Nov 14, 2018
Strong women. Strong words.

Katherine McIntyre is a feisty chick with a big attitude despite her short stature. She writes stories featuring snarky women, ragtag crews, and men with bad attitudes—high chance for a passionate speech thrown into the mix. As an eternal geek and tomboy who’s always stepped to her own beat, she’s made it her mission to write stories that represent the broad spectrum of
“Fine, fine, I’ll indulge in this ‘socializing’ thing you always rave about.” 7 likes
“Better to leave with good memories than have the last ones be the embarrassing, smoking ruin of what once had been a fantastic friendship.” 1 likes