Start by marking “The Geek's Guide to Unrequited Love” as Want to Read:
The Geek's Guide to Unrequited Love

The Geek's Guide to Unrequited Love

Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy. Archie and Veronica. Althena and Noth.…Graham and Roxy?

Graham met his best friend, Roxy, when he moved into her neighborhood eight years ago and she asked him which Hogwarts house he’d be sorted into. Graham has been in love with her ever since.

But now they’re sixteen, still neighbors, still best friends. And Graham and Roxy sha
Published June 14th 2016 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about The Geek's Guide to Unrequited Love, please sign up.
Sarvenaz Tash Officially, no, there are no plans for a sequel. However...it has occurred to me and there *may* be a Geek's Guide 2 folder sitting on my desktop. I'm…moreOfficially, no, there are no plans for a sequel. However...it has occurred to me and there *may* be a Geek's Guide 2 folder sitting on my desktop. I'm not sure if it'll ever go beyond that, but I have also been known to suddenly feel inspired to tinker with things that I haven't touched in a while so...you never know. (less)

Larry H
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'd rate this 4.5 stars.

It had been a long time since I'd read a (reasonably) non-angsty YA book, and this one absolutely hit the spot! Sweet, fun, full of pop culture and sci-fi gems, it reminded me a little bit of Eleanor & Park but it had a charm all its own.

"Because maybe if the gesture is grand enough, and perfect enough, it won't be unrequited at all and I, Graham William Posner—lanky, pale, glasses, and with a penchant for fantasy worldswill actually get the girl.<
Sarvenaz Tash
Feb 04, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
So I took my abiding love of John Hughes movies and my extreme nerdiness and, somewhere along the way, out came this book pitched as Pretty in Pink goes to comic con. I've loved writing it...I hope you love reading it.
Aj the Ravenous Reader

“Sometimes all we have is the knowledge that something extraordinary exists in the universe, even if we can’t be the ones to claim it. Sometime that has to be enough.”

A quick cute read about an all around geek boy concocting his supposedly epic love story but which as the story goes, unexpectedly veers off into a different direction and he slowly realizes that he might be becoming a supporting character in his best friend’s love story. It was an easy read, relatable especially with all those
may ❀

This is honestly just what I needed after the crippling pain Crystal Storm inflicted on me. So cute, so funny, so darling,

The Geek’s Guide to Unrequited Love is narrated by Graham Posner, a sixteen year-old aspiring comic writer who just so happens to be in love with this co-illustrator and best friend, Roxana.

When the teens find out that the creator of their favourite comic is making a rare appearance at the New York Comic Con, Graham is adamant that he’s going to score tickets and proclaim his undydarling,
Stacee
I'm a huge SDCC goer, so I was so excited to read this book.

I loved being in Graham's head. He's a super fan and I loved reading him geek out over fandom. Roxy was fun, but I feel like we didn't really get to know the real her due to Graham's infatuation. All of their interactions were tempered with his inner monologue professing his undying love and affection. My favorites of the book were Casey and Felicia and I could easily read a book about either of them.

The plot revolves around the three
Lucia
Dec 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
3.5 STARS

"Being in love is so complicated, I don't think I ever fully realized how insane and intense it can make you feel - and not necessarily in a good way."

Cute and nerdy teenage love story. That's how I would describe this novel. Or how can everything go wrong when you decide to profess love to your best friend at Comic Con. Most surprising thing? This book was pretty funny, here and there!

Graham can chat and draw comics with his best friend Roxy for hours, but he is at complete lost how to tell her that he loves hSTARS
Kristin Hackett (SuperSpaceChick)
Originally posted on Super Space Chick:

The Geek’s Guide to Unrequited Love is a must read for any fan who’s ever attended a convention. This story really hit home for me because it takes place at my home con, New York Comic Con, over the period of Friday – Sunday. I thought because the story takes place at a convention I have been attending for years that I wouldn’t be able to put nitpicky things aside and enjoy the plot but Tash’s convention depiction is pure perfection. She got all of the l
Patty
Sep 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult, library
I think I'm going to give this 5 stars...I don't know yet. I'm conflicted! I did NOT like Rox (grrrrrrr) but I loved everything else! So maybe 4.5 stars? Sigh.
Andi (Andi's ABCs)
This review was originally posted on Andi's ABCs

I am smitten! Smitten with these characters; smitten with this author; smitten with this book. I can’t really describe it. After reading Tash’s debut, Three Day Summer, I knew I would read anything she wrote. It was such a great story about human interaction at a time that seems so long ago. I loved the characters and the story telling and they heart behind it all. So when I heard about The Geek’s Guide to Unrequited Love it was a given I woul
Delores
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, owned
This was TOTALLY amazing!! I. Loved. It. It was so much fun to read. It was so funny. The ending surprised me....but secretly I was delighted. I had them together in my mind from the beginning. I loved Graham, he was amazing. I felt so awful for him throughout the book. I loved the Princess Bride references! I was so mad at Roxana and her reaction to Graham. I DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!!!! I would be thrilled if I was in her place. Oh well, everything worked out beautifully and it was a happy ending. F ...more
Paula Stokes
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My initial interest in this book was because I've always wanted to go to a big Comic Con like NY or SD and have never been able to go, and also because I know Sarvenaz Tash from the Apocalypsies 2012 debut group and online, and she's always seemed really cool.

However, I know a lot of really cool authors and I don't have time to read and/or rate all of their books, so trust me when I say I wouldn't be here on GR starring the crap out of this if I didn't think it was super-awesome. ...more
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
description

If you don't know the reference then you better skip reading The Geek's Guide to Unrequited Love. Chances are, you either aren't a Loki/Hiddles fan, don't care about fandoms or you're simply not interested into anything geek related.

There was no way I was missing this book. Look at the title! The blurb! And that cute cover which is making me think the same person who designs Morgan Matson's covers worked on Tash's book as well. They are all from S&S so it's possible.

A comic book enthusiast
Melissa (The Reader & The Chef)
You can also read this review on YA Books Central! Thanks to the publisher for the eARC in exchange of my honest opinion.

A Standout In The Field Of Unrequited Love ♥

Geeky Perfection. That's the best label I can think of for The Geek's Guide to Unrequited Love. This book is a sweet, hilarious, and totally epic ride about friendship, fandom, Comic Cons, self-discovery, and of course, dealing with unrequited love.

Graham is a self-proclaimed geek in love with his best friend, Roxana
Nikki
Jun 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
THAT WAS SO CUUUUUUUTE. Fantastic narrative voice, and great characters (both main and secondary). If you're looking for a geeky, fun, quick YA read that (despite what the blurb says) really isn't suuuuper romance-centric, I highly recommend this one.
Janani(ஜனனி)
DID YOU JUST SAY HARRY POTTER OBSESSION?

SIGN ME THE FUCK UP!
Chelsea
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is utterly ridiculous, but in the absolute best way possible.

There were so many ways this book could have been overdone and felt overly exaggerated, but it managed to balance it’s silly moments with characters that felt like they could have been real people. I’m so pleasantly surprised that this book worked so well.

Graham has recently realized that he is deeply in love with his next door neighbor and longtime best friend, Roxana. He plans to finally profess his love to her during t
Brittany (The Book Addict's Guide/Novelly Yours)
Initial Impressions 6/27/16: This was VERY fun and super cute! I loved that it took place at NYCC and at Javits! As a book blogger, I've been to the Javits Center a few times so it was so fun to picture myself there and at the con.
I loved all of the nerdy references and so many different fandoms represented. Even The Princess Bride! The character were great - fun, realistic, and cute. I also loved the ending. It was a little unpredictable and not too cliche. Really fun read!

Review as originally posted
Tiff at Mostly YA Lit
Review originally posted on Mostly YA Lit:

Graham Posner is a teenage comic book writer who is in love with his best friend, Roxana. Roxy and Graham share everything: a love of Harry Potter, John Hughes movies and (fictional) comic book author Robert Zinc’s Althena series, but also serious moments in life like Graham’s mom’s death. Needless to say, they’re inseparable. This weekend at New York Comic Con, Graham will finally put make a grand gesture to tell Roxy he loves her.

Jamie
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a short cute weekend adventure. Go to Comicon, profess your love! This book happily brought out my inner nerd girl. I would love for guy to go half as all out for me as Graham tries to do for Roxy. It drives my nuts how it goes wrong. And more crazy that she is oblivious! I was not a fan of her character. Honestly she seemed a bit self absorbed. Graham I really liked. Too sweet for his own good though. I also liked the characterization of Felicia and Casey. They were nicely fleshed out ...more
Krystianna
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS BOOK. It was so cute and I adored all the characters and nerdy references. Full review to come!

----

Updated May 28, 2016

**Thank you so much to the publisher for allowing me to read this in exchange for an honest review!**

I don't know about you, but I'm a massive nerd. That's why I knew the moment that I saw The Geek's Guide to Unrequited Love that it'd be a new favorite read.

The story follows a guy named Graham wh
Anuda-Be
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, contemporary, romance
4.5 ⭐
This book was on my shelf for a while now but didn't get around to read it till this year's reading rush made me
And I'm so glad , my nerdy heart was so happy reading all about the fandoms I like
There were mentions of , Game of thrones 👑 , Harry Potter 🧙♂ , Princess bride 👰 , Attack on titan ⚔ , Lord of the rings 💍 , guardians of the galaxy 🌌 And more
This is everything I wanted Geekerella to be.

Why not 5 ⭐
(view spoiler) ...more
Lindsay
May 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-of-2016
That was SO GOOD. I loved it. It's been a while since I've devoured a book in one day like I did this. I loved the mix of geekiness, humor, and friendship.
Alexa
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
I adored this book! It was such a fun story to read, with a very teen romcom feel to it. Plus, there was the added bonus of having it set at NYCC, which was A+!
Basyirah
"There's a part of you that thinks it's not supposed to work out that way," Dad continues slowly, his eyes on the road. "That you get one great love and to try again with anyone else would be an abomination to that memory. I never thought I would have to find love again, obviously, when I married your mom. And after she was gone, I never thought I ever could... I never looked for it---"

Tbh it started out a little boring and then it got slightly better. But it was kinda predictable. Graham's a
Rachel Patrick
Mar 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
This review (and others) can be seen in all its properly formatted glory on my blog Beauty and the Bookshelf.

3.5 stars!

After reading Three Day Summer and being taken to Woodstock last year, I was very excited for a new novel from Sarvenaz Tash. And the best part? This time it's set at New York Comic Con! The synopsis promised a light and fun story filled with hints of romance and excellent geekery, and I got exactly that. I'm learning that Tash does something extremely well in her books: setting im/>3.5
Emerald Sue
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
“Sometimes all we have is the knowledge that something extraordinary exists in the universe, even if we can't be the ones to claim it. Sometimes that has to be enough."

MY HEART! I want to read this forever <3 omgggggg
Christy
May 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
SDCC is in full swing this weekend and The Geek's Guide to Unrequited Love is a love letter to all things con! As someone who attends many many cons and met their husband at a con(cert but let's be real, a music festival is basically a con for music lovers), this book stole my heart the way one steals glances at their favorite celebrities walking through the crowd.

Every geek has a price...

Our two main characters are Graham and Roxy, two high school juniors who are self described "al
Kelly
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Paula Stokes recommended this to me and I am so glad I took her up on her suggestion! I received the e-ARC from Faye, S&S's publicist. When Paula was describing TGGTUL to me, she caught my attention at 'comic con.' Sarvenaz had me, hook, line, and sinker, with the Princess Bride reference. Okay, so the plot might not be the most original - the geek trying to get the girl - but it was such a delightfully enjoyable and entertaining read. I loved the diversity of the characters and the friendsh ...more
Hollis
This was pretty adorable. Comic-con, best friends, fandom and all kinds of love. Failed romantic love, forever friend love, and new love. It didn't get too deep, this is a lighter YA fare, but nonetheless it was fun and geeky and hopeful.

3.5 "nerds are hot" stars
Sandra
Jun 01, 2016 marked it as to-read
Okay, this book sounds super cute. The kind of cute that makes you smile like a goof and makes your face hurt from it. I don't want it, I need it.

• All the Feels
  • Latitude Zero
  • Crazy Messy Beautiful
  • The Chaos of Now
  • Dan Versus Nature
  • Romancing the Nerd (Nerd, #2)
  • The Secret Science of Magic
  • Feminist Baby
  • Emily's Dress and Other Missing Things
  • How It Ends
  • Two Girls Staring at the Ceiling
  • The Theory of Everything
  • Tash Hearts Tolstoy
  • Identity Crisis
Sarvenaz Tash is the author of The Geek's Guide to Unrequited Love (an Amazon Best Book of the Year, YALSA Top Ten Quick Pick for Reluctant YA Readers), Virtually Yours, Three Day Summer andSarvenaz Tash is the author of The Geek's Guide to Unrequited Love (an Amazon Best Book of the Year, YALSA Top Ten Quick Pick for Reluctant YA Readers), Virtually Yours, Three Day Summer and The Mapmaker and the Ghost. She was born in Tehran, Iran and grew up on Long Island, NY. She received her BFA in Film and Television from NYU's Tisch School of the Arts, which means she got to spend most of college running around and making movies (it was a lot of fun). She has dabbled in all sorts of writing including screenwriting, copywriting, and professional tweeting for the likes of Bravo and MTV. Sarvenaz currently lives in Brooklyn, NY with her family. ...more
“And who wouldn't wish that? Certainly everyone here- dressed up as aliens, and wizards, and zombies, and superheroes- wants desperately to be inside a story, to be part of something more logical and meaningful than real life seems to be. Because even worlds with dragons and time machines seem to be more ordered than our own. When you live for stories, when you spend so much of your time immersed in careful constructs of three and five acts, it sometimes feels like you're just stumbling through the rest of life, trying to divine meaningful narrative threads from the chaos. Which, as I learned the hard way this weekend, can be painfully fruitless. Fiction is there when real life fails you. But it's not a substitute.” 11 likes
“Sometimes all we have is the knowledge that something extraordinary exists in the universe, even if we can't be the ones to claim it. Sometimes that has to be enough.” 6 likes