Start by marking “Psycho-Cybernetics, Updated and Expanded” as Want to Read:
Psycho-Cybernetics, Updated and Expanded

Psycho-Cybernetics, Updated and Expanded

Cybernetics (loosely translated from the Greek): “a helmsman who steers his ship to port.” Psycho-Cybernetics is a term coined by Dr. Maxwell Maltz, which means, “steering your mind to a productive, useful goal so you can reach the greatest port in the world, peace of mind.”

Since its first publication in 1960, Maltz’s landmark bestseller has inspired and enhanced the lives
Published November 3rd 2015 by TarcherPerigee

To ask other readers questions about Psycho-Cybernetics, Updated and Expanded, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Psycho-Cybernetics, Updated and Expanded

Christine
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Reading it through a second time. Love the era it was written in! A plastic surgeon who found out more about people than a psychiatrist ever could! Great self image booster
Nafiz Elgun
Dec 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best self book on mindset EVER!

This book was recommended by a millionaire mentor of mine. This book has already started to help me immensely turn my brain and thoughts into an asset instead of it being a battlefield of negative thoughts and having the self image of myself as being unworthy and not believing in myself.

I remember reading reviews for this book only 2 months ago and trying to convince myself not to take the plunge despite all of the people saying this book changed their life.

W
Denis
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Mark Speed
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those timeless self-development books. It's credited with having started off the modern self-development movement, and it's certainly a classic of its time. However, it is 'of its time'. A great deal of the content is excellent - priceless, even - but you'll perhaps find some more up-to-date techniques on the internet. Having said that, what keeps this updated volume at five stars is the very clear writing style, and the breaking down of the ideas into easy-to-swallow bites. When ...more
Steven Walle
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Psycho-Cybernetics was first penned by Maxwell Maltz in 1960. Since then it has helped over sixty million people with their self-image including sports teams, companies, celebrities and just plane folk who want to improve their lives. Psycho-Cybernetics is the first science on self-image. You cannot find a speech, e-book, or writing that doesn't mention Maxwell Maltz's work since 1960.
I recommend this book to all.
Enjoy and Be Blessed
Christopher Armani
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Interesting and informative. Detailed explanations, based on research, of how the power of the human mind creates our reality and, when harnessed, can literally change your life.
Highly recommended for anyone interested in understanding their mind and bettering their lot in life.
Łukasz Pomi
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This and "How to win friends and influence people" should be in the top 3 on everyone's list. This is a bit like "The secret". Psycho Cybernetics however goes so much more in depth. It enables You to heal from old scars as well.

Highly recommended read.
Pallas10
May 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: own, self-improvement
Need to reread
Danny Hui
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review:
This book is a game changer. After reading it you will see the world in a whole new way. This is the granddaddy of many self-help books. Dr. Maxwell Maltz, show us that how we perceive the world can fundamentally change, simply by altering some habits of thought. I recommend this book for anyone that is looking to live their life to the fullest potential. I also recommend it to anyone struggling with patterns of thought that are unhelpful or destructive.

What I remember:
I was renovating my
Joe
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I first read psycho-cybernetics about 12 years ago and it failed to make an impression on me.

Now older and wiser the importance of mindset, self image and mental rehearsal are concepts that clearly have immense value. If someone took the concepts outlined in this book and really mastered them it would be totally life changing. We are all governed by our self image - whether it drives us or restricts us. Of course luck and opportunity do have an impact but two people with identical opportunity wi
Alaa
Sep 01, 2017 rated it liked it
The book delivers the msg that We all have a success instinct & that many people around us have hypnotised us with negative beliefs. We act according to the image we create of ourselves our job is to de-hypnotise ourselves with rational thinking.
The author mentioned that We do not need to overthink stuff just let your nature, creativity, and imagination to act. Also, the author is speaking about the importance of habits. Our self-image is going to determine the habits we have. It is kind of
Lasse Olsen
Jul 18, 2018 rated it liked it
The first 2/3 of this book definitely stores a lot of great advices surrounding mentality, goals and self image. You might have heard or read what the author brings up before, but it doesn't take away from the fact that if you follow the tips, you will be a greater person. There's no denying that big chunks of this book is very well written and stores a lot of truth.

The last 1/3 of this book is long and clogged with advice that, at least for me, didn't really give that much value. Religion is a
Keith
Clearly presented, many different examples to illustrate, I found this book quite insightful. I believe I will have to read it several times to get all of the information, but I feel quite encouraged and enlightened. I decided that I should read no more than 3 chapters per week. I did this to ponder the content further. The promises at the end of the book are quite spectacular and almost unbelievable. I recommend this book to anyone who wishes to better understand self-perception principles or s ...more
Blake Williford
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of the most powerful "self-help" books ever written and truly ahead of its time.

The premise is simple - Who we really are is the "ghost" in the machine, and the machine operates based on our self-image. Therefore our capabilities, our potential, our happiness is all governed by our self-image. When you truly understand this concept you will blow your own mind by what you're capable of. The inspiration behind the book was Maltz's own experiences as a plastic surgeon. When he realized that eve
Kit Warren
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
A good read and one of the less gimmicky personal development books I've read. Some pragmatic and viable mind-sets to consider and practise for all people of all ages, grounded mostly in science and objectivity, driven by a hunger for life/happiness rather than the typical hedonistic obsession with money/sex/power/status.

The only gripes I have are occasional references to God and Christianity which feels out of place in a book which works so hard to convince the reader that it is grounded in sc
Henrik Haapala
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Success- type personality is composed of:

1. Sense of direction

2. Understanding

3. Courage

4. Charity

5. Esteem

6. Self-confidence

7. Self-acceptance

”We are engineered as goal-seeking mechanisms. We are built that way. When we have no personal goal which we are interested in and which ”means something” to us, we are apt to ”go around in circles”, feel ”lost” and find life itself ”aimless”, and ”purposeless”. We are built to conquer environment, solve problems, achieve goals, and we find no real satisf
Alex Devero
This book is a must-read for anyone who wants to elevate herself to the next level. It is also a necessity for anyone interested in self-development and self-improvement in general. This book offers probably all tools one needs achieve self-mastery: lessons on building self-image, dealing with past, setting goals and creating a vision for oneself, developing compassion and gratitude and respect, and living the life one wants to live. Read it once, read it twice and then at least once again becau ...more
Dien Limano
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The book that started it all for me. Before i read this my mind was filled with the image of the failures that i have done throughout my life. This book allows me to reprogram myself, to see myself in a different way. I was able to have a brand new self image that leads to all the success that i am currently experiencing. I believe that this book will be a good addition to anyone's library.

Dien Limano
High Ticket Closer
www.DienLimano.com
Kim Collins
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’ve been re-reading parts of this book all year. Although written quite a while ago, There are so many quotable/highlight-able passages in this book. I highly recommend this book to all people wishing to rewire their thinking process about themselves, their career, their decisions, and their life in general.

This book will remain on my nightstand as it has for the past six months. It contains too many essential quotes inside to easily recall.
Mark Smith
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book about how to transform yourself

I have stopped and started this book many times but this time I nailed it cover to cover. Packed full of great stuff on how to transform yourself. Now time to put it I to practice. I have written out my new self image and I am going to start programming it in over the next 30-90-180 days. Let's see what happens 😁
Aloagbaye
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reading this book. Just after a few chapters, I'm already woowed by the timeless principles shared by Dr. Maxwell. Positive thoughts only won't cut it, there is an inner self-image that must be changed if we want a life that leads to success. Maxwell explained how our self-image affects all our actions. I'm already so excited and look forward to completing this great read!
Manuel Cosme
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Transformative

This book is amazing. I have read many “new thought” / spiritual / self help books, but it’s one truly stands out as one of the BEST I have ever read. It provides clear guidance on how to use the powers inherent within us to guide our lives towards our goals. Whenever I find myself in a funk, I crack open this book and instantly I feel empowered again. READ IT!!!
Tamara Pavliček
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Emma Arts
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help
Very good book. Opened up my eyed about many situations in my life. This is definitely a srlf-help bible, the one where it all started. Definitely recommend reading it.
As with every book I couldn't resonate with every chapter, but the biggest part of the book was remarkable and very helpful.
Kévin Jean
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Probably one of the best book I have ever read, this is a must read for anyone.
This book can really change your life, it should be read by every student during his scolarship to begin life the best way.
Phil Levy
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Guidance on developing self imagery

This book provides insight on how to use self imagery related concepts to reset goals. It is well written with medical explanations behind the concepts.
Hammadyusuf
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Life changing read

This book is filled with actionable materials and has no filllers. It is the father of all self help books. Just amazing. Would recommend everyone to give it a read.
Natalie
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: newly-read-2018
good for it’s place in history, but I personally found it to be a slog.
Michal Zuber
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome
Lisa
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A classic on using your mental power to create the life you want.
  • Transforming Your Dragons: How to Turn Fear Patterns into Personal Power
  • Your Survival Instinct Is Killing You: Retrain Your Brain to Conquer Fear, Make Better Decisions, and Thrive in the 21s t Century
  • Clutch: Why Some People Excel Under Pressure and Others Don't
  • Undercover Sex Signals: A Guide For Guys
  • The Christ Conspiracy: The Greatest Story Ever Sold
  • Positive Words, Powerful Results: Simple Ways to Honor, Affirm, and Celebrate Life
  • Remembering Wholeness: A Personal Handbook for Thriving in the 21st Century
  • Silent Power [With CD]
  • Psychology of Human Behavior
  • Handbook to Higher Consciousness
  • Finding of the Third Eye
  • Controlling People: How to Recognize, Understand, and Deal With People Who Try to Control You
  • Honest to God?: Becoming an Authentic Christian
  • The Different Drum: Community Making and Peace
  • Practicing Mindfulness: An Introduction to Meditation
  • Cosmic Ordering: Sex Energy
  • Психологическое айкидо
  • Living Presence: A Sufi Way to Mindfulness & the Essential Self
an American cosmetic surgeon
“The "Success-type" personality is composed of: S-ense of direction U—nderstanding C-ourage C-harity E-steem S-elf-Confidence S-elf-Acceptance.” 8 likes
“Adopt the motto—"It doesn't matter who's right, but what's right.” 6 likes