Start by marking “Understanding the Highly Sensitive Child: Seeing an Overwhelming World through Their Eyes” as Want to Read:

It’s not easy to be a highly sensitive child. Nor is it always easy to raise, care for, guide and teach a highly sensitive child. Because the highly sensitive child experiences the world a little differently, and that can be difficult to understand.

This book aims to help you experience the world from the child’s perspective, so that you can better understand them and help
Published November 16th 2014 by Family Feelings Press

To ask other readers questions about Understanding the Highly Sensitive Child, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Understanding the Highly Sensitive Child

Start your review of Understanding the Highly Sensitive Child: Seeing an Overwhelming World through Their Eyes
George Rodriguez
Dec 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hsp
For those who haven’t heard of the personality trait Highly Sensitive Person (HSP) – and up until a couple of weeks ago I was in that group – Jamie Williamson has done us all a great service by writing Understanding the Highly Sensitive Child.

Through my nascent research into HSP I’m rapidly discovering more and more answers to why I react the way I do to certain situations. And as a new parent I have a new understanding of what the highly sensitive child goes through and feel more confident shou
Sarah Tipton
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a great one hour read. It's short, concise, and easy to understand. Great example of the difference in internal processing of a highly sensitive child compared to a non highly sensitive child. It opened my eyes!
So thankful for this enlightening.
Sara
Nov 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
A nice easy read. Definitely defines me to a tee and both of my children & in some ways my husband. definitely recommend for someone who is not familiar with people who are highly sensitive.
Mrs K M Morgan
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Affirming read

This book brought lots of observations together and helped me better understand my child. It has consolidated what I have learned from him rather than taught me something new but as it's such a concise, helpful guide that I will be sharing it with his family and school as it gives an insight into my son's mind. I would have liked more practical suggestions on supporting my son and coping strategies I could teach him. The reviews of the second book in this series didn't suggest that
Rebecca
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Easy, quick, necessary read if you suspect your child is highly sensitive.

I appreciated the fact the book was short, to the point and very easy to read. So often as parents we want all our questions answered at once and immediately. This book helped me understand the world from my highly sensitive child’s perspective and now I understand better why she does the things she does. Easy to follow and now I feel if I want further knowledge on these areas I can dive deeper through other resources.
Maria Pascual
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Muy buen libro como introducción ligera para entender qué quiere decir que un niño sea altamente sensible y cómo vive, recibe y comprende el mundo. Lo recomiendo como introducción. Se lee tranquilamente en una hora.

Cabe destacar que sólo es una introducción, no tiene pautas ni estrategias para los padres para saber cómo tratar a un NAS y qué hacer en determinadas situaciones. Creo que para ello es mucho más conveniente el libro "El don de la sensibilidad en la infancia", de Elaine N. Aron. Es u
Monielle
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I love how the book gives examples of different types of children. It’s a quick and helpful picture for parents who want to understand the highly sensitive child, without having to translate or decipher foreign terminology.
Heather
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great short read

A wonderful and concise an to shore up and strengthen a parent's shift in perspective to better understand their sensitive child. Readable in under an hour.
Louise
May 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: parenting
Clear and informative

This was really helpful, the examples given of how the different types of children react to things was really insightful.
Bob Doodle
Nov 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: toddler-years
Unfortunately too short, but great introduction into the high sensitivity some people and children may have. Loved it! Thank you
Chantal
Nov 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Mostly information I already knew but only took me about 1/2 an hour to read.
Alper Çuğun
Nov 15, 2020 rated it it was ok
Nicely done introduction to the subject but no more than that.
Emma Rosen
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
A lovely explanation of what a highly sensitive child is, but without practical advice or signposting to next steps. I read it in 15 minutes. Was good but it needs more!
Sherry
Mar 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Shed some light on the subject and brought a little more understanding tot he trait
Israa Amr
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and its sequel, I have a highly sensitive son myself and this book helped me a lot! I've read Elian Aron's highly sensitive child book but I found that this book is more practical and straight to the point! I've purchased both books in both paper back and kindle editions so I can have them with me wherever I go, and I've recommended them to many friends. If you have a highly sensitive child this is the book for you! ...more
Deborah Robison
Janet E. Smith
May 25, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Curious George Discovery Day
  • The Off Limits Rule (It Happened in Nashville, #1)
  • The Highly Sensitive Child: Helping Our Children Thrive When the World Overwhelms Them
  • The Player (The Player, #1)
  • The Catch (The Player, #2)
  • May the Best Man Win (The Wedding Date, #1)
  • My Sinful Nights (Sinful Men, #1)
  • Sweet Cheeks
  • Faking It with the Frenemy
  • Down Shift (Driven, #8)
  • An Ex for Christmas (Love Unexpectedly, #5)
  • Baby Bump (Billionaire Bosses #1)
  • Ever After Always (Bergman Brothers, #3)
  • Enjoy the View (Moose Springs, Alaska #3)
  • Always Only You (Bergman Brothers, #2)
  • A Brief History of Everyone Who Ever Lived: The Stories in Our Genes
  • Strengthening My Recovery: Meditations for Adult Children of Alcoholics/Dysfunctional Families
  • Toil & Trouble
I am privileged to be the primary carer for my two daughters and have been for over 10 years. I feel passionately about the role of being a parent and truly believe it’s the best job in the world. I am also acutely aware of how incredibly difficult and challenging it can be at times.

Experienced in counselling parents and carers. Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling (BACP Accredi