Start by marking “Never Let Go (Faithfully Yours, #1)” as Want to Read:
Never Let Go  (Faithfully Yours, #1)

Never Let Go

(Faithfully Yours #1)

Is it possible to find your soul mate on the other side of the world?

Beth Johnson is an ambitious high school senior from suburban California with a secret passion for writing. David Somers is a charming young Englishman who wants nothing more than to play guitar in his up-and-coming rock band. Though worlds apart, when fate brings Beth and David together in London in the
ebook
Published November 25th 2014 (first published November 5th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Never Let Go, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Let Go

Start your review of Never Let Go (Faithfully Yours, #1)
Julia
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Never Let Go by Anne Carol is the first book in the Faithfully Yours series, a Christian YA surrounding the topic of first love.
Set in 1979 the leading lady is just a couple of years older than I would have been then. I recognised her patterns of behaviour and emotions from anxiety to euphoria.
The novel explores the theme of trust. It is hard to trust at times when jealousy threatens to take over.
There is a discussion about remaining pure until the marriage bed. Temptation and teenage hormones
reading the sheets
Nov 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Review 5 stars

Never let go by Anne Carol Author

Firstly I'd like to start with a thank-you to Anne herself for letting me be one of the minority who was lucky enough to read this book before the release date. I loved it!! For a first time novelist and an avid reader myself, first timers sometimes make me a little nervous. The plots are normally 'safe' and there is nothing to keep you hooked. However, this is absolutely NOT the case for this little gem.
Firstly, something you will all need to kno
Toni Shiloh
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This teenage romance takes place in 1979, set in California and England. The two things I liked about this book (besides the romance) was the time and place.
It's fun to go back in time when people had no cell phones and had to rely on letters and telephone calls via landlines. I think it's what made the angst of the teenage romance more realistic.
I also loved seeing California and England. Sometime a story keeps us in one place so it was cool to travel back and forth with the heroine.
I also like
Shamika
Nov 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a beautifully written story of young love that I truly enjoyed. I found the premise interesting especially because it’s set in the summer of 1979 and a portion of the story takes place in London. The story is told by Beth Johnson as she looks back on her senior year of high school.

Beth is about the begin the summer before her senior year. She’s excited about spending time with her friends and boyfriend. That is until her parents decide to drop a bomb that they will be visiting family in
JT Authors
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! What a fun buddy read. This was the first book we’ve read by this author and we couldn’t stop messaging each other our thoughts along the way. Probably because it’s one of those books that sticks with the reader long after the last page is turned. The writing is well crafted and we loved the way the author captured the characters personalities. The characters were written in such a way that they could have been a neighbor or close friend. In fact, we loved the way the author developed the i ...more
Alysha (For The Love of Christian Fiction)
I'm coming to realize YA is a hit or miss for me.

This book was a miss!!

The characters were SUPER immature and naive. The back and forth "fighting & making up" and overall not trusting each other made the story drag on and on.

On top of that the characters were like SUPER DUPER, SUPER DUPER touchy feely-lovey dovey-kissy kissy. As much as they talked about waiting until marriage they sure flirted the temptation a little too much in my opinion.

I honestly didn't see much substance behind the story
Kendall {Book Crazy}
Nov 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, blog-tours
4/4.5 stars!

I was really excited about this book when the author contacted me to make a Book Trailer for it! She then offered me an ARC of it and I instantly said yes! I saw Blog Tour sign-up's and quickly signed up too! I couldn't wait to read this book! I mean, the cover just made me desperate to read the story behind it! I really enjoyed this book! It took me a few chapters to get into it, but once I did, I couldn't get through it fast enough! I read it in a few sittings too! The plot was wri
C.J. Fallowfield
Nov 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a solid 4 star very enjoyable read for me and I was surprised to find that the author, Anne Carol, is American. She’s written a lovely tale of romance in the 1970's set in London, England. Her grasp of English terms, phrases and quirks was excellent, I should know being British myself and was very well written and edited..

Beth is an American high school student, whose parents pack up one summer to take her to stay with their English relatives in London. Beth isn't overly happy, given sh
Shannon

Never Let Go is a endearing story of young, true love. Anne has written a lovely tale of 2 young people meeting and falling in love, and all the the drama and emotions that entails...compounded by the fact our young lovers live an ocean apart!

Beth and David meet when she and her parents are on vacation, visiting family in London. There's an instant attraction, but because of things Beth is dealing with at home- cue jerk of a boyfriend Rick, she's reluctant for anything to develop between her and
Mandie Foxylutely
This is the first book in a four part series.

Beth is an American student and in 1979 her parents take her on an extended holiday to London to stay with her aunt and uncle whilst her father teaches through the summer at the university. This is not good news to Beth as it takes her away from her boyfriend, Rick. However things haven’t been going so great for them as Rick is adding more pressure on Beth to takes things further than second base.

When in England, Beth finds she gets on well with her
Michelle
Jun 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5-4 stars. Beth Johnson is going to London for the summer before her senior year of high school. It's 1979 and Beth wants to be a regular teenager and hang out with her friends. But a trip to London might be just what she needs since she and her boyfriend Rick are at odds with each other and Beth needs change of scenery. While in London, Beth meets David Somers and instantly, they are drawn to each other in a way that makes it hard to avoid one another.

This is a high school aged romance and s
Autumn
Jun 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a decent teenage romance. Beth seemed like a nice enough girl, and was destined to repeat her grandparents' relationship.

The one thing that bugged me was that I think Beth should've been cut and dry with Rick when she wanted to end things. She was kind of wavering at first.

I liked Jenny's character. She seemed to be like a cousin everyone has. David's mom was quite nice as well.

I was kind of shocked at the end. I'm surprised Beth's parents went along as young as she was, but then again
Rhonda Ziglar
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Never Let Go by Anne Carol is one of the sweetest love stories I have read in a long time. I absolutely loved this book, it was so refreshing not to have all the erotic sex scenes. I forgot what it is like to read a sweet well written love story with, very likeable characters. Beth is from California, a high school student and David lives in England that plays guitar for rock band trying to make it. Can their love for each other survive? This is my first book by Anne Carol and I will not be my l ...more
Jennifer  Lynn
Absolutely loved this book! Read it one setting. It just took over me, it's been awhile since I've had that in a book. So glad I read this book and can't wait to start book two! I love the chemistry, love, and over all the relationship between Beth and David!
Julie D.
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I could relate this to book in so many ways. Set in 1979, this is about Beth, a 17 year old girl. I, too, was 17 in 1979 so I could really relate to her feelings and all that was happening around her. Part of this book is set in England, so that set my British loving heart in love with this book even more.

This is a YA novel and deals with teenage love, the raging hormones and emotional feelings that are always just on the surface. Her highschool boyfriend, Rick, is a typical jock that puts a lo
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I first began reading Never Let You Go, Book 1 of Anne Carol’s Faithfully Yours Series, I honestly thought it just too young for me. The main characters, Beth Johnson and David Somers, are in their later teens, one on the cusp of graduating high school, the other having another year to complete before graduating. Both were expected to continue their education by their parents. I persisted in reading Never Let You, and soon found myself drawn in to this charming love story set in 1979.

When
Rachel DeVaughn
The main characters in the book are late teens so this series may not appeal to a big audience. I was intrigued by the book description with it being a 4 part love series between Beth and David and the story line sounded pretty intriguing.

I enjoyed reading about Beth's adventures in London with her family and meeting David and their summer love story. I really liked Beth's family-especially her mom and their unfailing support and love.

It was noted in the front of the ebook and at the bottom of
Suzie Waltner
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
From the meant their eyes meet across a London pub, Beth and David feel an instant connection. But Beth won’t cheat on the boyfriend waiting for her back home in California. And David lives in London.

They spend an idealistic summer together but when Beth returns home, the relationship challenges cause David and Beth to question their decision to stay together.

Told from Beth’s point of view, Never Let Go is the beginning of Beth’s live story—complete with obstacles, misunderstandings, angst, and
Meagan
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of the rewritten book from JustRead Tours for review.

The foreword noted it had been rewritten to be clean and reflect the author’s Christian faith.

Well...I felt it could have used some more rewriting. The Sex Pistols as Beth’s favorite band, some borderline edgy scenes, calling characters “pricks”, and David “respecting” Beth’s desire to remain a virgin because of her faith but not expressing it in kind (a point of concern as to whether he shares that faith) were just a few of
Amanda  H
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a sweet story of Beth and David, two high schoolers who meet quite unexpectedly when Beth visits London with her family. Having left California, and a rocky relationship, behind, Beth is surprised when she feels an instant attraction to David. I like that she is concerned about doing the right thing and trying not to proceed with a relationship with David until she has things figured out at home, though she doesn't always see things through. This story was a fun read.
I received thi
Emily
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet Story

I discovered this one from a readers’ group. I don’t know what I was expecting when I opened it other than to pass some time, but I had a hard time putting it down. In all honesty, the plot isn’t as high stakes as some of the other books I would call my favorites, and the conflicts resolve rather quickly and easily. But There’s something about Beth and David. I wanted to see things work out for them. I wanted to see them mature over the course of the story. And I feel like it was an i
Jessica
Catherine Leggitt
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although not my usual reading fare, Never Let Go kept my interest. It's steaming hot for sure. Maybe a bit too much so for a senior citizen. But I can see how great it would be for teens and young adults in the throws of dating and budding love. Who wouldn't be charmed by a handsome English block? That accent is irresistible. The book is extremely well edited and the writing is terrific, too. Good job, Anne Carol.
Alyssa
Cute, incredibly fast paced YA romance set in 1979. It definitely reads as a fan fiction type novel about falling for the leader of a rock band. The story is completely focused on David from Beth's perspective and everyone in Beth's life is like "yeah, you've known him for two seconds but you're meant to be!" It certainly lost any chance at reality with that alone.

Book two would be interesting to see where Beth and David go from here.
Katy Eeten
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet teenage romance

I really liked the story line and characters. I was rooting for their long distance relationship and felt the concerns were discussed realistically. While Beth in particular was a bit temperamental, I reminded myself that’s how teenage romance can be! Romantic and sweet.
Martha
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A book with a distinctly YA feel grows into a more adult story as you culminate into a blossoming relationship. I found it sweet and endearing and wanted to know the rest of their story.
Sheila Cohen
Really sappy teenage love story. This is the first in a series.
Rebecca Austin
Feb 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-kylie-s
Elizabeth "Beth" Johnson is headed to England to spend the summer of 1979, in London so her father can take some courses and nothing upsets her more than having to spend time away from her boyfriend, Rick McGuire. Although things are extremely up and down with him, she is looking forward to spending their senior year together.

Yet when she gets to England she meets the charming David Somers and is immediately taken in by his presence. When she hears some unsettling news from back home she decides
T.J. West
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If I could give Never Let Go more than 5 stars I would. I couldn't stop reading this lovely story. It took me back in time when I was young and had my first boyfriend who I had loved. Having many long distant relationships in my life, I went through emotions just like Beth. But Beth was much stronger than me. Knowing how young she is, she still managed to stay true to her feelings for David. They never faltered or diminished. You could feel the love these two had and shared and you wanted nothin ...more
Dani
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book in the series, I received an ARC for an honest review.

This is such an incredibly sweet story. The emotional roller coaster the Beth and David have to go through will have you laughing, crying and hoping that their long distance love will overcome the obstacles thrown at them.

From a cheating ex boyfriend to the fact they live in different countries, it's a true test of how deep love can be.

I really enjoyed this story.

Alpha Book Club
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest revie

• On the Bright Side: Stories about Friendship, Love, and Being True to Yourself
  • The Printed Letter Bookshop
  • The Ornament Keeper
  • Fit to Be Tied (Bucklin Family Reunion #2)
  • Wooing Cadie McCaffrey
  • The Tea Chest
  • Bon Appetit (French Twist #2)
  • Let Them Eat Cake (French Twist #1)
  • Piece de Resistance (French Twist, #3)
  • Met Her Match
  • Then There Was You
  • MAKE YOUR OWN FACE MASK: Quick Guide to Making Your Own Medical Face Mask at Home
  • The Curse of Misty Wayfair
  • Brunch at Bittersweet Café (Supper Club #2)
  • Never Let Go (Uncommon Justice #1)
  • The Esther Paradigm
  • Swimming in the Deep End
  • The Christmas Remedy
Anne Carol grew up reading, writing, and listening to English rock bands-obsessing over one in particular. Her obsession and endless daydreaming inspired her to write her first romance novel at age twelve. Over twenty years later she decided to re-write the story for publication. Never Let Go is the first book in her edgy inspirational romance series, Faithfully Yours, and is a story that has been ...more

Faithfully Yours (4 books)
  • Never Fall (Faithfully Yours #2)
  • Never Change (Faithfully Yours #3)
  • Never Give Up (Faithfully Yours #4)