Start by marking “Let It Go (Let Go, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Let It Go (Let Go, #1.5)

Let It Go (Let Go #1.5)

4.36  ·  Rating details ·  59 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Benny's story...a long novella...stand alone & sequel to Let Me Go

A street thug with a heart. That was Benny Negrete. To the outside world, he looked like bad news, but anyone who knew him knew he was intelligent, honest, and most importantly, caring. He looked out for the people he loved. But it hasn’t always been that way.

Sophie Basi, a successful doctor with a promi
Published December 23rd 2014 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Let It Go, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Let It Go

✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰
description

We already met the adorable bad boy Benny in Let Me Go. He was Mason's best friend - he helped him in jail and once they were out.
Benny has always been chasing the next thrill - he was never happy with his boring middle class home life. So he went out and got into trouble - Gangs and other criminal stuff. And his little brother Ethan? He worshipped the ground Benny walked on. So it was just a matter of time until Ethan wanted to join a gang too. And even though Benny didn't allow it - he still d
Three Chicks
Jan 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review by Jen Hagen

Benny was 16 years old when he joined a gang…it was only a small-time gang, but a gang nonetheless. He wasn’t big into violence -- that is until he needed to avenge his brother’s death. His younger brother, Ethan, looked up to Benny in everything that Benny did, and years later Ethan followed Benny’s footsteps by joining a gang. Ethan was set up and killed while doing a gang delivery. Everybody blames Benny for Ethan’s death, and Benny doesn’t deny that he deserves the guilt.
D.C. Renee
Nov 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I hadn't planned on writing a story for Benny, but I guess everyone loved him as much as I did. "Ask and you shall receive." So here is his book. Hope you love it as much as I do!
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews

Nichole's Sizzling Reviews

Sizzling Pages @ Facebook

Sizling Pages on TSU

Twitter:@Sizzlingpages

Email: sizzlingpages@gmail.com

And she does it again!!  Wow this author has a way of just totally consuming me for hours. I don't want to put her books down and I always want more. I wanted Benny's story since I read  Let me Go. I even begged for it in my review. I can't describe what it feels like when a side character just completely steals my heart. I think abou
Red Cheeks Reads
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is Benny’s story. Let It Go follows Benny and Sophie as they try to continue living once they are placed in each other’s lives again. Benny and Sophie have a history, it’s a history that centres around pain, hurt, regret, guilt and anger.
Benny is living his life the best way that he can, he is trying to make himself better and stay as far away from his past as he can. We find out about his brother and what happened to him and the guilt and regret that he carries around. Benny is helping Kat
Janett The Pleasure of Reading Today
We all make mistakes and we all have things from our past that we wish we could change. Benny has been living with regrets and blaming himself for something he tried to avoid at all costs but that happened anyway.
We met Benny as Mason's good friend in Let Me Go. We all knew he had issues but not the extent of them. For a period in his life Benny was lost, as most young men he was selfish and didn't think much of the consequences of his actions. Ethan, Benny's younger brother, loved him and wante
Amie Morgado- We Stole Your Book Boyfriend
Benny had me hooked right from the start. I loved him in Book 1 and getting his whole back story here was heartbreaking I just wanted to jump in the book and cuddle him and then do crazy things to him !!

Benny was a typical kid , adored his brother and family , then he got bored and then he let loose and screwed up his life. He lost his brother to a gang related event and now as an adult he is living a great life loving his friends to a fault and also harboring some major guilt about his brother
Cat G.
Oct 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-books
 photo 020_zpsbad4d956.jpg

****Given ARC for an honest review****

I couldn't wait to get my hands on Benny's story and DC was spot on with this story. There is just so much emotion throughout this book you can feel it rolling off the pages. What happens when finally in your life you might actually be happy for the first time in a very long time but you're worried the past will replay itself? The Past: Can you just Let It Go??

First off, to be able to understand the characters you might want to go read Let Me Go. I think y
Shelly Wygant
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In this book we get Benny's Story. We fell in love with Benny in Let Me Go. He has a big heart. If you are family or friend he will take care of you. Benny's past is not something that was easy. He fell in love with the control and respect he got when he joined a gang. He soon learned it was not easy to get out of that life. Ethan, Benny's younger brother, wanted to follow in his footsteps. Benny did everything in his power to prevent that but it did not work and tragedy happened. It cost Benny ...more
The Book Fairy Reviews
Jan 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Benny's story is one that will tug at your hear and soul. The mistakes he made while trying to figure out who he was as a young man had major consequences, consequences that made him the man he is today. A man that is filled with sorrow and sadness. A man that wants so desperately to change who he was. A man haunted.
Sophia knew Benny before he took a turn for the worse. His choices affected her life. Those choices turned what was once admiration to anger and hate.
While Benny has changed from th
Suleika Santana -All About Books
5 stars
Loved Benny's story!!! On Let Me Go we met Benny, he is Mason's best friend. I won't tell you how they met, but to know more about Benny I would suggest to read book one plus you will understand a bit better what happened with Kat and Mason, they play a big part on Benny's story.
I loved their friendships and how Benny was so loving of Mason's family. We already knew Benny was a big softie, like a teddy bear because you really saw his other side on Let Me Go but on his story you get to kn
Taylor Knight
Feb 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was sent this book by the author an exchange for an honest review.

The cover is what really drew me in to this book. It’s different, interesting and I had to know the synopsis. Let It Go is about a guy named Benny who’s had a really troubled past full of gangs and drugs. But he’s trying to put his past behind him and start a better life.

I was so surprised by how much I really liked this book! I wasn’t sure what to expect but after the first two chapters, I was hooked. The characters had quite a
Escape Reality with Books
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ah Benny…bad, twisted Benny who was Mason’s friend from inside of prison and outside of prison in Let Me Go. Just when he thinks he may have found some happiness within his haunted life, he starts to think his past may come back to wreck what happiness he has.

This one was a very emotional read and you could feel the emotions rolling off Benny in waves. I wanted to take his head in my hands and promise him everything would be ok. I’m sure you will feel the same way.

I also loved how much of a pa
LBAS Book Blogs
Sometimes you pick up a book thinking you know exactly what you're going to get. Then you get a very pleasant surprise. This book was one of those. Once I started reading it, I didn't want to put it down.

Benny as a character was quite refreshing to read about. Yes, the world perceived him as a bad boy and he was up to a point. But he was a man with a conscience and he really did care about the people around him even if he did get into trouble every so often.

Sophie knows a different Benny and wh
Renee at Book Happiness
I received this for an honest review... I have to say that I really enjoyed this book. The only thing about this book that I wish is that it were a bit longer. This is book 1.5 in the series and I think it is important that you read the first one in the series before reading this one. Although they are about different people you get a taste of Benny in the first book and the characters from the first book are in this one as well.

After reading the first book I could not wait to get my hands on t
Rebecca
Dec 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't wait to read Benny's story! I loved him in Let Me Go and was excited to learn more about him! Benny is the haunted man that every man wants to be and every woman wants in her bed. But something from his past has been stalking him for years and he can't move past it. When a woman from his past brings more bad memories and guilt, Benny isn't sure he can take more. She seems to be the key to forgiveness but will she let?
SUCH a great story!! The emotion between the two of them is so raw f
Doublej
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Benny, Benny, Benny, oh how I love you! Could I love this character any more than I already did from Let Me Go? Yes, I totally fell in love with Benny even more in this book! DC Renee, you truly delivered with this book. I felt for Sophie and I really felt for Benny. I also loved how much Kat and Mason were in this book! I really, really loved this book and couldn't put it down once I started and best part, NO CLIFFHANGER! So who's next John or Eddie? Please tell me we get their stories too.
LnyTuny
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
After reading Let Me Go #1, I had fallen in love with the character of Benny. I wanted to know more about this character with a heart of gold. And I was so happy that the author decided to write a novella on him. And even though it had his back story, you also get additional info on the original characters in book 1 (Kat and Mason). This book is well written and paced perfectly. Loved it! A must read after book 1!
Fan29
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved Benny in Let Me Go and couldn't wait for his own story and boy did it not disappoint! I loved it!! I couldn't put it down once I started reading and read it all in one seating. Benny is an amazing character and you totally feel for him. He's one of my favorite characters and that says a lot. It's a must read for all!
Marina Z.
Jan 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Benny Benny Benny! He has a haunted past and I loved getting to know him. But I also loved seeing Sophie suddenly come into his life and rattle it a bit more. Adding great pacing and amazing tension is a recipe for a must read.
Keni
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another 5 stars

You had me as a huge fan with Let Me Go and you have done it again. I love how Benny and Sophies mutual heartbreak eventually brought them full circle.
Jules
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't wait to get my hands on Benny's story and I loved it!!!
5 amazing stars! Can we please get more Benny again?
Maximumreader
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is exactly what I needed. I loved Benny in the 1st book and I'm so glad we got to read his story! I loved it and couldn't put it down. 5+ stars for me!
Nadia Debowska-Stephens (Obsessed by Books)
~*~ Obsessed by Books copy given in exchange for an honest review~*~

"I wonder if his death was our punishment, but when I think about that, I wonder if it was for what we had done before his death or what we did after."

Family ties are never broken, not even after death. Benny carries the guilt of his choices and the consequences his decisions had as it influenced his younger brother to make a mistake that ended his life. Disowned by his blood family after the tragic death of his younger brother
Cindy Burrow
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

I really enjoyed both these books, they had me crying and laughing. And knowing the difference between bad men and troubled men. I really wanted to read the enough books but there out of print.

Amy Mizell
Feb 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
While reading Let Me Go, I enjoyed the part Benny played int he story and wished for a happy ending for him.....FINALLY! He get's his.
Kim  Brewing
Jan 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
The last one got me at the letter and this one slayed me around 59%. So glad Benny got a HEA.
Felicia Webster gerdes
Mar 04, 2016
Hana
Apr 18, 2015
Zee Yasser
rated it it was ok
Dec 14, 2017
  • Pushing the Line (The Line, #4)
  • A Fighting Chance (Running Into Love, #4)
  • The Bondage Club
  • Bishop's Angel
  • Fate's Mistake (Los Rancheros #2)
  • Skater Boy (X-Treme Boys #1)
  • The Billionaire & The Barfly
  • How To Kill Your Boss - An Erotic Love Story
  • Head Above Water
  • Operation Saving Daniel (Melville Sisters, #1)
  • Shiver
  • Yield to Me (Club Excelsior, #1)
  • Unbreakable Hearts (CEP, #2)
  • Finding Serenity (Seeking Serenity, #2)
  • My First, My Last
  • To Have and to Harm (Remedy, #2)
  • Always Me (Shattered, #2)
  • Forbidden Rose (Wildflowers, #2)
I have been writing for as long as I could remember. It started as poems as birthday and anniversary presents (they were super cheesy and all rhymed), moved onto monologues and short stories, then transitioned into fan fictions (yep, there are a few of mine floating around somewhere), and then I found the courage to publish a book. And I loved it! And so I didn't stop.

I also love to read - I think
More about D.C. Renee

Let Go (3 books)
  • Let Me Go (Let Go, #1)
  • Let Go (Let Go, #2)
  • Let Hate Go (Let Go, #3)