Start by marking “Key Person of Influence (Revised Edition): The Five-Step Method to become one of the most highly valued and highly paid people in your industry” as Want to Read:

FULLY REVISED EDITION with over 10,000 words of new content. Every industry revolves around Key People of Influence Their names come up in conversation. They attract opportunity. They earn more money. Many people think it takes decades of hard work, academic qualifications and a generous measure of good luck to become a Key Person of Influence. This book shows that there i ...more
Published September 23rd 2014 by Rethink Press (first published September 19th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Key Person of Influence (Revised Edition), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Key Person of Influence (Revised Edition)

Philippe
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It was GR bait that led me to this one. And I was surprised how much I learned from it. Nothing startlingly new between these covers, but the material is brought together with an undeniable logic and told with an at times entertaining level-headedness. I'm going to rely on this book as a compass to steer my own consultancy business away from increasingly shark-infested waters.
Mikaela Robertson
Jun 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a pretty good book. Short, sharp and powerful.

I recommend this book for:
- People wanting to get ahead in their career.
- People wanting to break into an industry.
- People wanting to achieve success in their work, who define success as being highly respected and connected, well-paid and having lots of opportunities. People wanting to see their name in shining lights in their industry.
- People wanting to improve their business and not sure how to best make the use of the opportunities ava
Jennifer Mosher
Sep 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am selective about the business books I read so was thrilled to find that this one exceeded my expectations. I found this book very liberating for one reason - the suggestion that you don't build your business by employing staff but by outsourcing work to subcontractors. I believed (from prior business coaching) that I needed to employ people to make my business grow and this has caused me no end of stress and expense over the last eight years. Now I know I can do it differently and still have ...more
Alison Jones
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a great example of a book that works brilliantly for the business behind it. Priestley sets out clearly and concisely his core methodology - the 5-step process is Pitch, Publish, Productise, Profile and Partnership (and the order is important). It's valuable in its own right, but its key aim is clearly to draw people into the full 40-week KPI programme.

It's well written and structured, and although there's less detail in some sections that I'd have liked (there's not much detail on prod
Francisco Bricio
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The “secret”

The “secret” (If there is something like that) to be successful. Forget about education (it helps) or money (it also helps). The key is to become an influencer in your mist loved, expert area.
Abdul
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: productivity

"The difference between the successful people on the planet is not functionality, it’s vitality. Functionality is about performing a task well, whereas vitality requires you to be energised and joyful."

Synopsis:
Every industry revolves around Key People of Influence. Their names come up in conversation. They attract opportunities. They earn more money. Many people think it takes decades of hard work, academic qualifications and a generous measure of good luck to become a Key Person of Influen
Davo
Dec 23, 2018 rated it liked it
This book was recommended to me from a attendee at a training seminar. He said that he and his employer and colleagues swear by it. So I read it.

Starts out strong but then fizzes put. I got some value at the beginning but then book ends being very general. I felt that the book was just trying to con me to use his services.

The books notes that you should not be manlipulative but then tells you that you will not follow his advice at the very near end. I think that comment is meant to provoke an
David
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
Sasha Buntman
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: marketing
I highly recommend this fantastic book that is all about personal branding and marketing of YOURSELF. While there is nothing extremely new in the information, it is the way in which Priestley has presented his ideas in a new, fresh way that really impressed me. If we can't sell ourselves and promote ourselves, it is very difficult to achieve your goals in business and in life. Priestley explains in a simple way how to become a KEY PERSON OF INFLUENCE in your micro-niche and establish yourself as ...more
Becky
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am definitely not the target market for this book. I don't own a business, nor am I some high flying professional but I just could NOT put this book down.
I got it as a 'freebie' at an entrepreneurial podcast/talk show I went to with Jo Malone and I got curious. The first page hooked me!

The steps were clear, concise and easy to follow. The author really explains everything in a logical way why each step is integral in becoming a KPI (which in business terms means something completely different)
Matthew Hodge
Dec 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: business, hard-copy
It has a good system on how to achieve more influence, and its five steps seem relatively sound.

However, it's also a thinly disguised ad for a more in-depth training program.

But by all means, if the phrase 'Key Person of Influence' resonates with you (it does with me), then have a read and glean from it what is useful.
Mark Manderson
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
I did the audio book.
Some key takeaways:

You're thinking from five years ago has become your baggage of today. You must continue to expand and grow consciously.

How can you become MORE VALUABLE TO OTHERS?

No longer can you give the general pitch.

MUST BE MICRO NICHE AS PEOPLE BUY FROM ALL OVER NOW.

Write a book and make some products to be an expert.
Paul Dow
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good book with some interesting tips on how to build yourself into being more successful. Ultimately the book is up selling you towards his 40 week program.

Don’t bother buying the book as you can get it for free from the website
Eli Harrell
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was so surprised how useful I found this book to be. I believe the insights here are a'curate about where our global small business world is and where it's going. This book is a very practical guide for anyone to position themselves as an authority in their field.
Steven Pidgeon
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A really simple and clear book. Looking forward to working at developing my Pitch, in particular, seeing as this is the root from which all the rest of the steps outlined in this book come from.

Watch this space!
Mike Ncube
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: consulting
It was great to meet Daniel Priestley at the business show at London Excel last week and to hear his talk on the Key Person of Influence. The book is excellent too and I’ve just completed and currently working on the 5 steps to being a KPI.
Samuel
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great book - practical steps to becoming a key person of influence. Important that reader knows what industry they want to become a KPI in as that will guide them through implementing the ideas in this book.
Jonathan Edet
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book with very practical steps. Easy read too. I must admit being sceptical as the steps seem oversimplified but have started putting them into practice.
Conrad Toft
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars is generous but 3 would have been harsh. A Millienial’s handbook to letting everyone know that you are the centre of the universe.
A Page of  Fictional Love
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good insight into furthering my teaching career
Frank
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An excellent book and potentially a profound game changer for those that actually apply the lessons and steps within it!
Debby Clement
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
what every CEO should read.
Helena
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Obvious, and yet - definitely giving me a kick in the behind!
Sandy Morley
Feb 10, 2019 rated it liked it
It's short, but doesn't feel particularly concise. If you've read these kinds of books before, then you're not getting much new. Some of it is packaged better, some worse, so only really read if you love these books or haven't read much of them.
Ozren
Mrs A. Brown
Jun 10, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Making Conflict Work: Navigating Disagreement Up and Down Your Organization
  • What Should We Do with Our Brain? (Que faire de notre cerveau?)
  • What a Wonderful World: One Man's Attempt to Explain the Big Stuff
  • Building Data Science Teams
  • The Age of the Platform: How Amazon, Apple, Facebook, and Google Have Redefined Business
  • Design Is Storytelling
  • Be a Free Range Human: Escape the 9-5, Create a Life You Love and Still Pay the Bills
  • Mindfulness On the Go: Quick And Easy Tips For Achieving Inner Calm Every Day
  • How to Save an Hour Every Day
  • Unthink: And How to Harness the Power of Your Unconscious
  • Energy for Future Presidents: The Science Behind the Headlines
  • Thank & Grow Rich: A 30-Day Experiment in Shameless Gratitude and Unabashed Joy
  • The Inside-Out Revolution: The Only Thing You Need to Know to Change Your Life Forever
  • Paddle Against the Flow: Lessons on Life from Doers, Creators, and Cultural Rebels
  • The Creator's Code The Six Essential Skills of Extraordinary Entrepreneurs
  • Sagan, Paris 1954
  • Māori Boy: A Memoir of Childhood
  • Night School
“The minute you begin to feel yourself ‘working hard’ as opposed to ‘playing a challenging game’ it’s time to take a break or get around some new people. Disappear for a week, get some sun, read up on your favourite role models, explore fresh ideas and spend time with people who are ‘in their zone’. Attend a new event, read a new book and have a few new conversations.” 0 likes