Start by marking “Of Dreams and Rust (Of Metal and Wishes, #2)” as Want to Read:
Of Dreams and Rust (Of Metal and Wishes, #2)

Of Dreams and Rust

(Of Metal and Wishes #2)

War erupts in this bittersweet sequel to Of Metal and Wishes, inspired by The Phantom of the Opera and called “relentlessly engrossing” by The Romantic Times.

In the year since the collapse of the slaughterhouse where Wen worked as her father’s medical assistant, she’s held all her secrets close. She works in the clinic at the weapons factory and sneaks away to nurse Bo, on
Published August 4th 2015 by Margaret K. McElderry Books

To ask other readers questions about Of Dreams and Rust, please sign up.

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
To say that Ms. Fine has outdone her self with this series is not enough. To say how eloquently written and told this sequel to Of Metal and Wishes is, is still not enough.

To say it is a beautiful, heartbreaking, emotional, and wonderful read that was truly worthy of the first book, still, does not do this series nor this book justice. But it is all of these things.

My heart was repeatedly stomped on, bruised, healed, ripped apart, and then mended again. Many times I smiled, laughed, loved, crie
Alyssa

Book Two of the Of Metal and Wishes series
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Publication Date: August 4, 2015
Rating: 4 stars
Source: ARC sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

In the year since the collapse of the slaughterhouse where Wen worked as her f
Burn
There is nothing more beautiful sequel than this for Of Metal and Wishes.

For most of the time I was reading this book, my heart was in an endless loop of beats and thumps. And it is credited with how this book was amazing and beautiful and exciting for me. There was always the excitement in not knowing what to come. There was the fear of knowing someone had to die. There was delight when the characters had done so much as to move hearts. And of course, there were tears.
“I will not leave yo
Tina
Aug 11, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
There's officially a second book!?
description

*Cue gifs that demonstrate my excitement and happiness

description

And now...cue the accurate gif of what it probably looks like when I'm overexcited about a book around others.

Nevertheless... I absolutely can't wait until the 2nd one comes out!(:
Rebecca (whenallotherlightsgoout)
My Rating: 1.5 of 5 stars
(half a star for good writing, and well, I did finish the book after all)

My review
Some books should remain stand-alones. Of Metal and Wishes is one of them. I loved the first book, and still recommend it, you can see my review of it for details. Initially, I was really excited about a sequel. And the cover is just so pretty!! The first book concluded the Phantom of the Opera story, so I was curious what direction this book would take. While I did wonder if it would be mo
 ⇝LEAH⇜

Setting: Itanya
Source: Kindle eBook

✧✧✧OVERALL RATING✧4.5/5 STARS✧A-✧✧✧

⇝My Thoughts⇜

A sweet, uplifting story set in a bleak and sorrowful world. The sequel to Of Metal and Wishes is much more action-packed and even more exquisitely romantic. I loved it in spite of the main character's fickleness towards the two males in her life. The t
nick
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-favorites

Sarah Fine is an author who manages to touch me in some way with her books every.single.time. I don't know how she does it, but her books make me feel so much and at the end of a series, I'm always left clamoring for more. Of Metal and Wishes was my favorite book of 2014. It was beautifully written, crushed my soul and turned me into one greedy reader. I was bubbling with excitement when I finally got the chance to pick up Of Dreams and Rust and going in, my expectations were rather sky high. S
Katherine
”I close my eyes and dream, because wishes are out of my reach. They require hope. Dreams do not; they are fueled by the unreal, the forbidden, the things that will never exist in this world.”

It’s been a year since the fire burned the slaughterhouse of Gochin down. Wen and her father have fled and are now living in a tiny remote village practicing their medicine. The slaughterhouse ghost Bo has come with them, hiding in plain sight. And Melik has rejoined his people to start a revolution again
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
Of Dreams and Rust is the second part of Sarah Fine marvelous fantasy duology. Fine is an author of considerable experience and strength, who’s proven herself more than capable of executing even the most elaborate plots while paying much attention to the psychological development of her characters. With a PhD in psychology and a Postdoctoral Fellowship at Brown University, Fine puts her extensive knowledge to good use. Her characters are works of art in their own right, with layer upon
Irini
Jul 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: YA fantasy retelling fans
4/5

What an ending!! Once again, another good YA, fantasy retelling :)

I liked that the characters had evolved and adapted in their plots from the first book. I especially liked the growth of the Red Warrior; Bo will always be preferable to me, cause I am a sucker for such sob stories, but this book's trio is woven in such a way that to call it a 'love-triangle' will do it an injustice. All characters have many realistic qualities, which I enjoyed immensely.

The differences between those two cult
Gillian Berry

Feeeeels, I has them. This book was so good, better than the first, even though I actually think it could be longer. But gah, I totally cried at the end. Brutal book.
Nicole
As seen on The Quiet Concert

It's been a year since Wen and Melik have parted at the end of Of Metal and Wishes but despite the time and distance between them, Wen's heart is still very much with Melik. After she hears of her people's plan for war, she decides to leave the relative safety of the Ring with the hope of finding and warning Melik before it is too late. This book is very action-packed as Wen reunites with Melik and together they try to save the people they love from the weapons of war
Shelley
*Source* Library
*Genre* Young Adult, Fantasy
*Rating* 4.0

*My Thoughts*

Of Dreams and Rust is the final installment in the Duology known as Of Metal and Wishes. A year has passed since the events of Of Mental and Wishes. Wen is now living at Gochan Two with her father Guiren, and working as a Medical Assistant. Gochan Two makes me War machine that will play an important role in this story. As a secret side project, she continues to try to nurse Bo back to health, but Bo doesn't exactly make things
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
An ARC of this title was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review. My thoughts are my own. This review can also be found at The Starry-Eyed Revue.

I am such a huge fan of Sarah's writing. I fall for her characters every. Single. Time. And this series is no different. And boy did she bring her A-game with Of Dreams and Rust. She also must be doing some serious sacrificing to the Cover Gods because HOLY WOW. My eyes will never recover for the beauty that is the full cover jacket.
Heidi
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Five stars: An emotional and beautiful ending to a must read series!

For Wen, it has been a year since the night the slaughterhouse was destroyed, and Melik walked out of her life with the promise that they would one day meet again. As they days dragged by, Wen busied herself working as a physician's aid in Gochan Two, the war factory. One morning on her way to work, Wen overhears one of the bosses making plans for war. Huge, spider-like war machines are being constructed in Gochan Two, and soon
Nasty Lady MJ
To see review with gif and other reviews, meanderings by yours truly click here.

Of Metal and Wishes was one of my favorite books in 2014, BUT I didn’t think it needed a sequel. The end of that book ended on such a bittersweet note, that I was sort of happy with how it was resolved. But low and behold, it was announced that this was going to be a duology and, well, I was sort of interested in how things were going to progress. Hoping that it wasn’t going to be a cop out AT all.

The result Of Dream
Tamara
Sep 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

This book left me like

After, it had me like

And a lot of this

Along with this

This story is a continuation from book one. Wen has been separated from Melik for a year, not knowing where he is or what has become of him. But when news comes to Wen of a brutal end to the Noor people, she will do anything to protect the man she has fallen for, even if that means betraying her people and leaving her father and Bo behind.

With an unexpected turn of events, Wen discovers the Melik is not the b
Maggie ☘ (Wonderland-Reader)

Absolutely beautiful, but sad and bittersweet conclusion to the wonderful steampunk duology Of Metal and Wishes.

description

“I destroyed him. Like I destroy everything. Like I ruin everything.” The spiders rattle and shift as he steps away from me. “Like I ruin you, just by being close to you.”
“You have never done
Lauren ✨ (YABookers)
Oh, lordy! That cover is beyond beautiful.
Erin Arkin
Loved this one. Full review to come.
Tucks
Sep 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: yeeeaah
So I was at my second home (aka the public library) the other day, working on some homework shit, and I decided to stretch my legs and look around for a book to just pass a couple of minutes with.

Lately I've been into comics (Fables and re-reading The Walking Dead), so I haven't really been keeping up with reading like I ought to, and certainly not sequels of stuff (well, except for Go Set a Watchman, and that's a migraine all on its own).

So this book came as a complete surprise. I mean, I did
Cait S
May 05, 2015 rated it liked it
The first book of this series was put on my favorites shelf before I even finished it. This one...not quite there.

I love Sarah Fine's writing, I love the way she describes emotion and the way she lets things unfold. But overall this story, despite being shorter in length, felt longer and more unnecessarily dragged out. There would be moments of huge action or huge emotion or drama...and then pages where I was like "Why am I reading? I could be doing anything else. Like cleaning my kitchen."

One
Katie
Okay, this book was amazing. Of Metal and Wishes had a slow start and, while atmospheric, sometimes dragged in places, but Of Dreams and Rust has perfect pacing. This sequel has more action, and the stakes are much, much higher. It also veers enough away from the original Phantom of the Opera source material to keep us as readers guessing where it might go.

Sarah Fine writes beautifully. She weaves together the lives of her characters in such an impressive way, and I was completely spellbound fro
Amanda
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
This series probably should have stayed a standalone. I really enjoyed the first book in this series. In this one there was a lot of focus on the love triangle. Wen was very uncertain who she wanted to be with, going back and forth between Bo and Melik. I'm not a fan of love triangles and I don't remember this being an issue in the first book. I thought that it was pretty obvious who her heart belonged to at the end of the first book. Ultimately, her decision gets made for her by the end of this ...more
Giselle
Sep 06, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: own, 2015, bought-online
Look at that beautiful cover :O *wants*
Mandy
Dec 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5/5. Liked this one even more than the first.

Read my full review here.
Steysha Kravits
Aug 13, 2014 marked it as to-read
Can`t wait, can`t wait, can`t wait!!!

Taschima
Aug 06, 2014 marked it as to-read
I-I'm Sorry, THIS IS OUT ALREADY AND NOBODY TOLD ME? FOR SHAME! *runs to buy book*
Diversireads
//NOTE: I was given an ARC of the novel to read by a friend who works at S&S, so my review reflects the version of the novel I read in February, and not necessarily the finished work, which has not yet been published.

I can never really make my mind up about sequels to things originally intended to be standalones. Because you know, sequels usually go one of two ways; there are the ones like Phantom of the Opera: Love Never Dies, which never should have been allowed to see the light of day, a
Jessica
I thought after the punch to the face that Of Metal and Wishes gave me was going to be the most pain I took reading this duology, but Of Dreams and Rust decided I needed a second helping of whoop ass.

I don't think this one was as good as the first one, but only by a tiny margin. This one definitely comes across as less painful and depressing to read. Somehow, it feels like that worked against it? I don't really know how to put it. Sarah Fine really has a way with words that make you feel them i
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Apr 10, 2015 10:25AM

• Witchrise (The Tudor Witch Trilogy, #3)
  • Umineko WHEN THEY CRY Episode 1: Legend of the Golden Witch, Vol. 1
  • The Wondrous and the Wicked (The Dispossessed, #3)
  • Beyond (Betwixt Novella #1.5)
  • Pandora Hearts 23巻
  • A Devil and Her Love Song, Vol. 8 (A Devil and Her Love Song, #8)
  • Rebel Magisters (Rebel Mechanics, #2)
  • Mythology: The Wicked (Mythology #2)
  • Public Enemies (Immortal Game, #2)
  • The Found (The Lost, #3)
  • A Laird For Christmas (The Highland Bachelors, #1)
  • A History of Glitter and Blood
  • Lion Heart (Scarlet, #3)
  • The Pirate Code (Hook's Revenge, #2)
  • Saikano: The Last Love Song on This Little Planet, Vol. 03
  • The Uninvited
  • Charmed Deception
  • Among the Red Stars
When I'm not writing, I'm psychologizing (really, I even get a paycheck for it). Sometimes I do both at the same time. The results are unpredictable.

To receive updates on new releases, sales, and bonus material, go to http://sarahfinebooks.com/ and click at the top of the page to sign up for the newsletter.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SarahFineBooks/

Instagram: Sarah.e.fine

Of Metal and Wishes (2 books)
  • Of Metal and Wishes (Of Metal and Wishes, #1)
“I close my eyes and dream, because wishes are out of my reach. They require hope. Dreams do not; they are fueled by the unreal, the forbidden, the things that will not ever exist in this world.” 6 likes
“When hardship is a constant companion, joy is a welcome guest.” 2 likes