Start by marking “Words That Bind” as Want to Read:
Words That Bind

Words That Bind

Social worker Tam Kerish can’t keep her cool professionalism when steamy client Mr. Burns kindles a desire for more than a client-therapist relationship—so she drops him. However, they discover she’s the talisman to which Burns, an immortal djinn, has been bound since the days of King Solomon…and that makes it difficult.

Ethical guidelines are unequivocal when it comes to
Published October 10th 2014 by The Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about Words That Bind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Words That Bind

★Moonrise Books
Dec 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!

Tamarinda "Tam" Kerish is a clinical social worker in Philadelphia who enjoys working with challenging clients. And while she experiences a low level of emotions in her own life, she can sense what others are feeling, allowing her to assist clients in resolving their issues. So, when she accepts a new client, Mr. Burns, she expects to crack the code of the handsome new stranger in her office. Instead, the extent to which her professional skills are tested sets the course for unfamiliar
Julie Nolan
Oct 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I think what I enjoyed most about this particular book by Ash Krafton was the uniqueness of the story itself. I have never read a romance story featuring a genie before. The fact that this books male main character is a bit different made the story more appealing to me, as apposed to the more typical werewolf or vampire paranormal romance. This simple change in paranormal species is a welcome breath of fresh air to the sub-genre, but that is not the reason I kept reading the book.

From the first
Miki
This Review was first published on my blog Lecture toute une Aventure
Note: until the 23January 2015 this book is only 99ct on most digital retailer, take advantage of it while it lasts

My opinion:
Last year I’ve been learning of the existence of a few book including djinns and I got to read some but not that many ( 2 only) so when I learned of this one with a Djinn as main character I really wanted to read it especially since I do hope strongly to read the other series of this author on my wishl
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
~ 2 Words That Bind Stars ~

Words That Bind is a story filled with magic, mystery, and a little mayhem. Not much on the romance side of things.

This story had an interesting concept. I liked the idea, more then the execution. We have Tam who is a social worker and then our djinn Burns. I enjoyed learning about both characters, but I never connected to them, so I never believed that either one fell in love with the other. It felt like the author was more into Tam’s practice and ethics, then into
Christina
Jan 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Well Well Well...this is a first for me. A djinni (Genie) Paranormal that took me on an adventure that mixed ancient and mortal worlds. Ok, I’ll admit that some of the ancient world references were a little hard for me to follow, but it all worked itself out in the end.

Tamarinda (Tam) is a social worker therapist who takes on a new “client”, if you can call him that. Burns walks into Tam’s life with no pretense of who he is; it’s what he wants that’s the burning question.

From the beginning, I
Danielle Urban
Dec 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Words that Bind is a sensational hot and steamy romance unlike any other. Ask Krafton has crafted a blinding hot romance between a social worker and a djinn. Tam Kerish is struggling to keep her desires within but with her client Mr. Burns it is getting harder each time he is near her. This story will heat up a readers night any day. A story of a woman's longing to feel what it is like to be loved and her inner struggle to defy her inner most desires. A man who brings her desires to a firery lev ...more
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

This is such an unusual telling of the djinn, wrapping Biblical settings, human guardians, magic, other worlds and the choice of being evil or good, permanently, that the reader’s mind will be excitedly running from one mythology to the next trying to pull in all the juiciness that each brings to this new world of magic.

Read full review in the 2015 March issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Jackie
Book Info
Expected publication: October 10th 2014 by The Wild Rose Press, Inc (October 10, 2014)
ISBN13 B00NU7GQLM
edition language English
URL
literary awards"Show Me The Spark" (2013), "Zebulon" (2014), Houston Writers Guild (Fall 2009) (2009), Abilene Writers Guild (2009), San Gabriel Writers League
other editions (1)
Source:[Digital copy from author in exchange for honest review]

Book Buy Links
AMAZON
B&N

BOOK SYNOPSIS

Social worker Tam Kerish can’t keep h
DawnMarie  Carpintero
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

I was given this book for my honest review

Boiling water has a fascination about it. Pouring the water into the pot and setting the pot on the stove watching as the water gets heated up little bubbles begin to form at the bottom of the pot. But as the bubbles begin to come to the top it could seem like a little bit of life coming from the unknown. As the bubble burst with fascination we see that their hotness within the water can be anything we such desire if only in our imagination.

Tam-pr
Heidi
Nov 25, 2014 rated it really liked it

This was a very enjoyable book and unusual to have a Genie in a paranormal romance i guess im so use to werewolves and vampires now but it was a very pleasant change.

The story is centered around Tam who by profession is a clinical social worker (therapist). One of her new Smoking hot patients is a Djinn (Genie). Tam can’t keep her cool professionalism when she finds out that Mr Burns kindles a desire for much
Cana Elene (http://placeofreeds.blogspot.com)
For those of you who don't know, I love reading Ash Krafton's books! To me they are the perfect anytime and anywhere reads. So when I found out from Ms. Krafton that a new book was coming out, I was extremely excited... Like, jump up and down like a little girl excited. And then I got the book and devoured it like a 5 year old left alone with cake....
So what did I like? Everything about this book was perfect, but let me explain why.
Tam, our social worker and lead character, is a great heroine.
Glenn Keightley
Jan 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting!

Did not know exactly where this was going. I was pleasantly surprised. I have become jaded by too many authors telling the same old story line over and over again. This book was crisp and fresh in its perspective. And no misspellings or choppy sentences. I have deleted so many books before I finished them for that very reason. This author should be applauded for the craftsmanship exhibited. A must read for anyone still looking for an excellent author.
Sherry Westendorf
May 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review”. Different kind of love story. Very well written and I loved it. It holds your attention. I didn't put it down until I had read it all. I would love to have one of him show up here and it to work out the way it did. Recommend it highly.
Nita
Oct 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Thank you for allowing me to read your book.. I got excited to reach on part where Tamarinda and the burnsie's love story, on how they'll continue their feelings.. I like the twist at the end where some characters revealed and execute the connection for its climax. I'm waiting for the next part on what next of their love story.. thank you for sharing your book.
Beth Cordle
May 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-review
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I couldn't put it down once I got to the middle of the story. Original and great story telling. I received a free copy in exhange for an honest review
EatSleepReadReview
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Tam (Tamarence) Kerish doesn’t feel, not emotionally anyway. A job as a social worker seems a perfect fit for someone that can’t experience emotion, but when new patient, Mr. Burns walks in with some odd demands, everything is about to change.

Burns is a fire elemental. His natural form is fire, but more than that, he’s a Djinn – a genie. Bound to a talisman, Burns wants nothing more than to be free of the bind that possesses him.

Ever since she was a child, Tam felt detached from the other humans
Lana Lea
Oct 09, 2014 rated it liked it
I received this book from the author and from Paranormal Romance and Authors that Rock. This was an enjoyable book. This is the first paranormal romance I have read that dealt with a Genie.

The story is about a young woman named Tam who is a clinical social worker (therapist). One of her new patients is a Djinn (Genie).

This Djinn’s name is Mr. Burns who happens to be a fire elemental. In the beginning of the story she just feels Burns is delusional, as the story evolves he proves to her he re
Jennifer Hines
*I received this book free from the author in exchange for an honest review*

Tam thought that if she could figure out what caused her clients emotional states that she too may be able to experience emotion. It is kind of a selfish reason to become a social worker, but for someone with no emotions I can see the reasoning behind it. The problem is that it's difficult to feel connected to a character who doesn't really feel anything. Even once she starts experiencing emotions they seem one-dimension
Terri Butler
Aug 22, 2015
Everett
rated it did not like it
Nov 28, 2015
Ash Krafton
Sep 22, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Richard Hicks
Lizzie
Betty
Tammy Pooser
Sep 23, 2014

• Illumination (Penton Legacy, #5)
  • Frenchman Street (Sentinels of New Orleans, #6)
  • Soul Slam (Soul Warriors #1)
  • Tales from Harborsmouth (Ivy Granger, #0.5, #1.5, #2.5, #5.5)
  • Unspeakable (Beyond Human, #2)
  • Mississippi Blood Cake (Southern Psychic Sisters Mysteries #2)
  • Healing the Hunter
  • Bear Up (Grayslake: More than Mated)
  • A Ghostly Secret (Ghostly Southern Mysteries #7)
  • Furever After
  • Wolf Moon (Moon, #7)
  • Nephilim Falling (Trenton Investigations #0)
  • Dark Secrets: A Paranormal Noir Anthology
  • Kade (A Wolf’s Hunger, #2)
  • Spellbound
  • The Hunter's Moon (Windham Werewolves, #1)
  • Waking Up In Vegas (InCryptid #3.5)
  • 20 Shades of Shifters: A Paramormal Romance Collection
Ash Krafton is a USA Today and international best-selling speculative fiction author from the coal region of Pennsylvania. She's the author of urban fantasy and paranormal fantasy novels, as well as poetry, short fiction, and non-fiction articles on the craft writing and publishing.

Her first novel series, The Books of the Demimonde (BLEEDING HEARTS, BLOOD RUSH, WOLF'S BANE), earned several awards