Start by marking “Networked” as Want to Read:
Networked

Networked

They thought it was just a video game, but it’s not. Someone is out there. Watching.

Nick is somebody who needs his life to change. Exhausted, broke, and cracking under the pressure of trying to hold everything together, it begins to seem like there is no end in sight. Then the video game he’s spent two years developing alongside his best friend Dan mysteriously disappears
Published August 19th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Networked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Networked

Linda Todd
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing book a treasure to be proud of a very hard topic to write about and it was well thought out and very insightful. This amazing story I would be so delighted to recommend to my friends also my heart felt thanks to the author L.K.Chapman for the exquisite pleasure of reading this wonderful book so to all happy reading from wee me.
Tatiana
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved Networked!
The story is narrated by a character called Nick, and is based around his work, life, wife and business partner / friend Dan. Dan and Nick creates and develops video games. One night, they lost all their work on their unfinished video games, but quickly retrieved a full complete version of the game perfectly operational, ready to be released. After thinking about it they release the game, which started to affect their lives in many ways. I enjoyed the element of mystery appea
Sean Randall
I quite enjoyed the characterisations, the psychology was vivid and I think Chapman's captured a lot of the reality of self-harm well. I found the network side of the story less appealing; the fact that the guys were computer programmers really didn't hold any water or add anything to the story.

Still, as a debut novel there's a lot of good here, and I'd be interested to see what comes out in the future.
Patrick
Nov 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I won this book in a Goodreads give-away. From the first page this book takes you gently into a seemingly familiar world that gradually becomes less and less mundane.

The plot is a wonderful journey into "what if", which stands along side some of the best traditional "SF". The story is wonderfully written and held me from page 1, through to the end.

L.K. Chapman has an eminently readable style,and I am looking forward to reading some more of her work.
M.G. Mason
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An interesting tech thriller although it got slightly kooky at the end after promising a more speculative type of sci-fi from early on. Character back stories were interesting and harrowing in equal measure but as the story went on it was quite clear this was not mere character development and it certainly wasn't filler. In a way, the life experiences of the two main secondary characters were extremely relevant.

It's thoroughly engaging too. You don't need to be familiar with tech thrillers, codi
Brian's Book Blog
Aug 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A page turner that made me re-think a few things in my life.

I was only a quarter of the way in when I wrote this update on Goodreads:

"The depression areas of this book are really hard to take because I knew someone who was very similar to the character in this book. But the story is incredibly gripping. I'm totally hooked."

This book dove right into it. There were only a few chapters in the beginning that I wasn’t sure the direction the book was going to take. But once the action started it didn’
Nicola
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book. Very cleverly written
Ashley
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Networked is a real page turner. Each chapter left me dying to read the next one and the pace of the story is very well balanced. It’s packed with intense scenes but also has intimate moments where the characters’ personalities shine through.

The story covers some pretty diverse topics, including artificial intelligence and violence in video games but also depression, intimate relationships and even questions what it means to be alive.

The three main characters in Networked are normal people tryin
Chris
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was ok
l received this book for free through Goodreads Firstreads giveaway.

A toss up between two and three stars . . . .two stars won. Why?

l found the story rather far-fetched and not (in my opinion) well told. l wanted to shout at the characters and tell them to stop being silly, pull themselves together and tell the world.

l will not seek out any other books by L K Chapman.
Claire
Sep 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really like this book. I kept wanting to find out what happened next- so couldn't put it down!
A word of warning - it does contain swearing and "scenes of a sexual nature", also it explores subjects some people may find controversial. That said I would highly recommend this novel.
I am female and over 50.
Andy Parkes
Bit of a mixed opinion about this one. A solid sci-fi story with some interesting ideas about mental health and relationships thrown in. The writing frustrated me for some reason though.
Kenny Paton
Sylvia Williamson
Aug 19, 2018
Tina
Jan 20, 2017
Book Junkies: FREE e-book powerful & gripping sci-fi thriller Networked 1 3 Dec 27, 2014 01:41AM
  • Kind of Like Life
  • The Daylight Thief
  • The Adventures of Reece & Rusty
  • The Legend of Dust Bunnies, a Fairy's Tale
  • Incarnadine
  • Finding Wild
  • License to Love Series: Trilogy (License to Love, #1-3)
  • Zenith (Books of Ascension, #1)
  • Orion's Curse (Andromeda #2)
  • The Path (Tag #1)
  • Soul Entity
  • Blood Lines: A Collection of Horror Stories
  • The Digital Frontier (Yvvaros #1)
  • Margot at War: Love and Betrayal in Downing Street, 1912-1916
  • Travel Wings: An Adventure
  • Encounter
  • The Evil That Men Do: Faith, Injustice and the Church
  • Fire Lines
Louise Katherine Chapman was born in Somerset, UK, in 1986. She studied psychology at the University of Southampton and has worked as a psychologist creating personality questionnaires for a consultancy company. She has also spent some time volunteering for mental health charity Mind.

Chapman loves to write because she loves learning about people and she loves stories. A major turning point in her