Start by marking “The Elements of User Onboarding” as Want to Read:
The Elements of User Onboarding

The Elements of User Onboarding

www.useronboard.com

This 130-page ebook was designed to be the most enjoyable and thorough guide to user adoption the world has ever seen.

Here's a tiny list of things this book will help you be better at:

Tee things up for success long before the user even signs up
Turn users into stampeding elephants of motivation
Set up a signup flow that pulls all the right ones in
Craft a f
Published 2014 by www.useronboard.com

Erin
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"The Elements of User Onboarding" is a fantastic resource for anyone who writes onboarding UX. Samuel Hulick makes what is potentially a dry subject, a fun and entertaining read. He provides a lot of wonderful, real-world examples, and leads you along his course. I enjoyed every page of this book and have already made plans for how to change onbboarding for my product. I plan to read it again soon, and have recommended it to the rest of my team.

If you write or design how people sign-up for your
Remo Uherek
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book! Opened my eyes to the importance of user onboarding - which I came to the conclusion to be one of the most important skills for entrepreneurs. It's one of the most important tactical books that I have ever read. Loved the "first five minutes" concept. Check out the teardowns on useronboard.com and subscribe to the newsletter. Also go buy the book, it's a crucial skill and worth every penny. Thanks Samuel!
Kalle
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: nonfiction, design
I like the effort but this was sadly not what I expected. Some fun and good parts but lacked the depth and insight I was looking for. The really steep price (+40$) gave me false expectations as it basically felt like a bunch of Medium articles compiled into a PDF. If the price was lower I would rate it differently. Also very much focused on web which was another issue for me as I was hoping for a more general look at onboarding.
Sashko Valyus
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Нічого особливо нового, просто весь процес розкладений по поличкам, від першого контакту, по підтримки спілкування на протязі користування продуктом
Marcelo Ferranti
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ux-design
Too basic and outdated.
Petri Maatta
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It was a great read and contained plenty of best practices. I can't wait to start implementing.
Giedrius
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is a quick read about phases of user onboarding. It mainly focuses on SaaS businesses with a notion that whatever you are selling, you should help users became better at doing something (instead of making them better at using your product). Most of the chapters in the book are based on common sense and analyzing onboarding process of few online companies.

The book is easy to read and understand, however, I must say that in my opinion, it is quite superficial. I was expecting more empir
Tash
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book doesn't waffle on, which I appreciate. Instead, it gets straight to the point on how to improve onboarding. The recommendations are pretty practical, as in, I feel like we can do 90% of the suggestions without alot of work.

We're revising our onboarding based on this, so it'll be interesting to see how it goes over the next couple of months.
Joshua Pitzalis
Apr 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Great introduction to some basic on-boarding principles.

Very casual. Some pretty metaphors.

I was expecting a little more.

Good though.

• Intercom on Jobs to be Done
  • Execute
  • Data-Driven Design: Improving User Experience with A/B Testing
  • Discussing Design: Improving Communication and Collaboration through Critique
  • Service Design for Business: A Practical Guide to Optimizing the Customer Experience
  • Product Leadership: How Top Product Managers Launch Awesome Products and Build Successful Teams
  • Just Enough Research
  • Lean Customer Development (Hardcover Version): Building Products Your Customers Will Buy
  • Kanban and Scrum - Making the Most of Both
  • Undercover User Experience Design: Learn How to Do Great UX Work with Tiny Budgets, No Time, and Limited Support
  • Org Design for Design Orgs: Building and Managing In-House Design Teams
  • Things That Make Us Smart: Defending Human Attributes In The Age Of The Machine
  • Measuring the User Experience: Collecting, Analyzing, and Presenting Usability Metrics
  • The Elements of Content Strategy
  • Microinteractions: Designing with Details
  • User Story Mapping: Discover the Whole Story, Build the Right Product
  • A Project Guide to UX Design: For User Experience Designers in the Field or in the Making

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »