Start by marking “Private Performance (Sleight of Hand #1)” as Want to Read:
Private Performance (Sleight of Hand #1)

Private Performance (Sleight of Hand #1)

Ellaine Greene has simple desires. She just wants to do her best as the event coordinator for the local aquarium, to support environmental conservation efforts, and to keep immature man-children out of her life.

So when a major donor to the aquarium demands Ellaine find a magician for her granddaughter's birthday party, all she can imagine is a long line of card chuckers
Published October 13th 2014 by Brittle Divinity Press

To ask other readers questions about Private Performance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Private Performance

Start your review of Private Performance (Sleight of Hand #1)
Judy
Have you ever wished before starting a new author or series that if only you could have a sneak peek, or a taste test, you might decide to give them a try? I know I have. My free time and my funds are both valuable enough that I don't want to waste them on something that just doesn't suit me. The beauty of what Reese Galloway has done with the start of this series is to give us just that... A sneaky little taste of the goodness that is sure to follow in this new series.

The first book is a
Angie
Nov 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads Review Team~

This is a short story that prepares you for the second book in the series. I thought it was a fun fast read that gave me a different outlook on magic. I love that the Ellaine works at an aquarium, aquariums are near and dear to my heart. I can’t wait to see what happens in the next book.

Characters: The characters were well written and believable.

Sex: yes

Religious: religion is a big part of one of the
Mary
Oct 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: wicked
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

A short, fun read. Ellaine works at the local aquarium, in charge of hosting events and keeping the patrons happy. When Mrs. Armstrong requests a magician for her granddaughter's birthday party, Ellaine has no choice but to put aside her biases against magicians and find a new employee for the aquarium.

Enter Xander Hollatz. Xander used to perform worldwide and Ellaine can't fathom why he's interested in this birthday or
Ruthie Taylor
Nov 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
"I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads."

This is a cute novella which introduces us to two damaged souls, who meet at the Oklahoma Aquarium. She is the events organiser, and he is a one time famous magician. Thus starts a fascinating mix of two very different interests - magic and protection of the environment. Yet it works as seamlessly as their chemistry draws them together. Ellaine has been brought up in a strict Christian family, and still struggles to free
Blushing Reader
Nov 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-books-read
Not sure what to rate this. Maybe 3.5 stars? I'm not a fan of short stories so I will reserve my thoughts until after I read book number two. This series does have some steamy potential.

3.5 Hot Stars!

Private Performance and Repeat Performance should be read in order and actually read like one seamless book, so I am going to review them both as if they were one book. Private Performance is a 60 page short story/novella and Repeat Performance is a more of a full novel length at 269 pages long, so
Books Laid Bare
Nov 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
I wasn’t sure what to expect when I opened the first page of the story but when I got into it, I have to say that the story took me by surprise.

The book revolves around Xander and Ellaine, and they both have such character and depth that I am a series devotee now.

Ellaine has recently been through a tough divorce and is setting out again on her own and embracing everything that life has on offer. Good on her I say!!! But she plays her card very close to her chest when it comes to all things
Kristen Johnson
Nov 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Private Performance is book one in the Sleight of Hand series and it introduces us to Ellaine and Xander.

At the start of the book, Ellaine is stuck with a problem, she needs a magician for a party she's coordinating/planning and the last magician she used she had to let go due to a major issue. But she wants to make her client happy and keep the funds the party would bring in, so she's on the look for a new magician. In walks Xander, ready and willing to step in as the magician needed.

Trouble
Jennifer B
Nov 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
What a quick magical ride into the lives of Ellaine and Xander!

Ellaine is a recent divorcee and she loves her single life and her career as an Event Coordinator at the Oklahoma Aquarium. She is damn good at her job so when a huge sponsor of the Aquarium requests a magician for her granddaughters birthday party. She finds someone who is not only great at making a birthday cake appear out of no where but who also somehow magically makes her heart go pitter patter once again. Even though she tries
Paige Helling
May 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Private Performanceis a short, fast read; I finished in one sitting. Despite it only being 60 pages, this book really captured my attention, and had meaning and beauty. I really enjoyed reading it!!!

Ellaine Greene is the event coordinator at the aquarium and their major donor's granddaughter is going to have her birthday party there. All the requirements seem easy, until the donor asks for a magician. Ellaine's not too crazy about magicians, but since she can't say no, so she begins looking.

She
1-Click Addict Support Group
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Private Performance is a short, fast read; I finished in one sitting. Despite it only being 60 pages, this book really captured my attention, and had meaning and beauty. I really enjoyed reading it!!!

Gemma Weir
Nov 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Check out more of my review on my blog http://gemmareadstoomuchforittomenorm...

3.5 Stars

Private Performance is book #1 in the Sleight of Hand series, this is the first book I have read by this author and I was gifted both book #1 & #2 in exchange for honest reviews so here goes....

This is a novella length story so a super quick read and only a quick insight into the characters.

I’m going to be honest and say I didn’t really warm to Ellaine, she just seems like a bit of a miserable cow. I’m
Anna
Nov 17, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Ellaine works for an aquarium that is struggling for funding. An important donor wants a magician to perform at a party she is hosting at the aquarium, and Ellaine is charged with finding one. Through her assistant and friend she finds Xander, an incredibly successful magician who left the scene a few years back. He agrees to perform at the party and would like to do what he can to help the aquarium keep its doors open. Ellaine and Xander are attracted to each other right away. Ellaine has been ...more
Johnnie-Marie Howard
Shelves: r2r
What an amazing and wonderful short story!! This is my first time reading anything by this author and I have to say I really enjoyed the story. It might be short but it's well worth the read. It's filled with loads of sexual tension that will make your panties melt. The characters are all super sexy and amazing. Loved the hole twist on magic side that was amazing first time reading about a sexy guy who like magic. Hmmm!!!

***I received this story for free in exchange for an honest review, see
Erica
Nov 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Sleight of Hand is a quick read to lay the ground work for book two and introduce us to the main characters.

Ellaine is divorced and moving on with her life, she has a job she loves and kicks butt at.
She's asked by a major donor to supply a magician for her granddaughter's birthday party, a donor she needs to keep happy for the sake of the aquarium.

Xander Hollatz appears to be the man for the job. But Xander has a past of his own he's still working through. Could a children's party and one event
Spunky N Sassy
~~~~Sara's Review~~~~

I was given an ARC for my honest review.

This is a fast read that introduces us to Ellaine and Xander. Ellaine needs to find a magician for a birthday party. This is when we meet Xander. Ellaine has to fight her views. Xander is constantly on her mind and in her dreams and she can’t get him out. Is Xander really interested in Ellaine or does he have other reasons for wanting her. Find out in the second installment. Cannot wait to see what happens.
Sara Prevendoski
Nov 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was given an ARC for my honest review.

Maria Lazarou--Obsessed by Books Blog
I received an arc in exchange for an honest review

I found this to be a very quick read, the was a different element to this book that I've not read before.

The characters were fun and witty and the writing good.

I look forward to seeing what the next book brings.
Janja
Dec 26, 2014
Elle Christensen
rated it it was ok
Nov 27, 2014
Brenda Demko
Sam
rated it did not like it
Tina