Start by marking “No bullshit guide to math and physics” as Want to Read:
No bullshit guide to math and physics

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

No bullshit guide to math and physics

Often calculus and mechanics are taught as separate subjects. It shouldn't be like that. Learning calculus without mechanics is incredibly boring. Learning mechanics without calculus is missing the point. This textbook integrates both subjects and highlights the profound connections between them.

This is the deal. Give me 350 pages of your attention, and I'll teach you ever
Paperback, Fifth edition, 445 pages
Published August 1st 2014 by Minireference Co. (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about No bullshit guide to math and physics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No bullshit guide to math and physics

Start your review of No bullshit guide to math and physics
J
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ivan Savov’s book stands among the best books I’ve ever read on the topics of math and physics. It is so good that it can easily accompany a student from a conceptual physics course all the way through undergraduate studies for those entering career paths in the hard sciences or engineering. This book is a handy quick-reference guide. It is a keeper.

I am recommending this book for my High School Physics students, because the content coverage is true to its title; direct, understandable, and conc
Wojciech Pietrzak
I'm glad somebody with proper math understanding wrote this excellent piece.

The title matches exactly the content, you will not find any boring academical bullshit in this book, but plenty of refreshing learning material about math and physics with charts, diagrams, formulas and examples.

The author gives you cloues and writes to you directly, for example : "In other words, if you want to divide the number z by the complex number s, you should..."

Finaly I can trash other math books and make so
Graeme Nathan
Nov 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Learning calculus in university? You need this book. It's that simple. It is both concise and helpful. For me it was a lifesaver. ...more
Lasse Skou Lindstad
Jun 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Compact and to the point. A good supplement to whatever long winded textbook you are assigned in your math course.
Daniel MacMunn
Jun 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Currently reading and will be reading this book for awhile. Extremely challenging book, with a great overview of calculus, algebra and geometry. I am currently on page 90 and it has taken me 2 months to get to this point. Yet I am learning a ridiculous amount of math at a pretty good rate.

The only criticism I have so far, is that the author complains about professors and teachers throwing unnecessary curve balls and complex equations at their students, when he does exactly the same thing. I hav
Miguel Pinto
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Totaly recommend this book.
clearly written with good examples, the author constructs on math and physics in clear concise way.
i enjoyed reading and reviewing both math and physics principles.

good job
Vitaly
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Was looking for a book that would help my kid get into maths and it's applications where a book is not overburdened with concepts and tries to relay information such that it can be easily grasped. And this book delivers in spades! P.S. I also had a blast reading, there is something refreshing about not seeing a theorem or proof on every page of a book, having an easy read and still enjoy it, even if it's school level maths :) ...more
Gavin Rebeiro
Sep 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: mathematics
Good for applications. Omissions of proofs in certain topics.
Rajesh Gupta
Jul 21, 2019
Dino Rendulić
Feb 03, 2017
Lakshmi Ayala
rated it did not like it
May 01, 2018

• No More Mr. Nice Guy
  • The Jaina Path of Purification
  • DK Life Stories Albert Einstein
  • The Jains
  • The Elegant Universe: Superstrings, Hidden Dimensions, and the Quest for the Ultimate Theory
  • Biological Science, Volume 1: The Cell, Genetics, and Development [with Chemistry of Life, Biology Version & Fly Lab]
  • The World: A Brief Introduction
  • Great Ideas of Classical Physics
  • Particle Physics For Non Physicists: A Tour Of The Microcosmos
  • Revolutions in Twentieth-Century Physics
  • Grunt: The Curious Science of Humans at War
  • Unseen City: The Majesty of Pigeons, the Discreet Charm of Snails & Other Wonders of the Urban Wilderness
  • We Have No Idea: A Guide to the Unknown Universe
  • The Dictator's Handbook: Why Bad Behavior is Almost Always Good Politics
  • The Global Economy as You've Never Seen It: 99 Ingenious Infographics That Put It All Together
  • Ockham's Razors: A User's Manual
  • Mechanical Engineering for Makers: A Hands-on Guide to Designing and Making Physical Things

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »

News & Interviews

Jordan Morris is a comedy writer and podcaster whose credits include @Midnight, Unikitty! and Earth to Ned.  The sci-fi comedy Bubble is his...