Start by marking “The Mystery of Bila Land” as Want to Read:
The Mystery of Bila Land

The Mystery of Bila Land

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  31 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
“A warrior meditating at the foot of snow-capped mountains, surrounded by vibrant flowers with a flowing water stream nearby. A warrior meditating inside a dark cave with water flowing over his head through a large hole on the roof. A warrior fighting a battle, with chaos all around.”

What do these dreams signify for Vibhas? Why are these visuals hounding him for the past
Published July 4th 2014 by Notion Press

To ask other readers questions about The Mystery of Bila Land, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mystery of Bila Land

Book'd
Jul 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Five Big Bright & Mysterious Stars To This Book
I loved this book in every sense.

Message for the author.
Nitish Krishna, you possess an incredible talent to be a mystery writer.

About the Book
When this review copy landed in my hands, frankly speaking, I never bothered to read it soon. This is a very average looking book with a very plain looking front cover.
After few months, I randomly picked a book from my TBR pile and it was The Mystery of Bila Land, I felt bad that a review copy sent by au
Shrilaxmi
Sep 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: review-copy
I recieved a free copy of this book from the author.

Although the cover is lacklustre, the story is another matter. I really liked this book. The narration is great and the story was brilliant. I felt that the ending was kind of rushed though. And the plot twists - amazing. You'll never see them coming. Overall, a quick and fun read.
Siddharth Chaturvedi
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Five stars to “The Mistry of Bila Land”. Actually I would like give 6, 1 extra because this is the first book of author and believe me you will never feel this while reading.

This is the review copy I got form author. I am very thankful to him and very glad to review it.
This review is what I felt & totally unbiased.

About author

Nitish Krishna, you are very talented. The way you imagine the expressed whole story is just awesome.

Story
This is a story of boy “Vibhas” who is a mountain trekker. H
Amit
Sep 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The book is very good and interesting to read. It has adventure, mythology, suspense, thrill, action, romance and also bit of nature. Nice book. Not another or any ordinary teen mystery or casual suspense read. It has meanings and theories and also their logics.
Akhila Nasina
May 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Thumbs up to the author for the 'mystery behind the protagonist'.

The style of story-telling is a perfect mixture of detailed description and suspense maintenance. Though the story has streaks of vague ethnicity, the writing style remains contemporary throughout. Eagerly waiting for the sequel and the opportunity to witness Bila Land yet again(?).

P.S. : Thanks to the author, Nitish Krishna for bearing with my delays.
Pankaj Goyal
‘The Mystery of Bila Land’ is the first book of Nitish Krishna, a business and market intelligence professional. The story revolves around Vilas who has been seeing a particular kind of dream everyday for the last fifteen years. He keeps failing to figure out the real meaning of this dream until he lands on the mysterious land of Bila accidently. And, here begins an exploratory journey of many twists and turns. If you take the narrative voice, setting and theme, and put them all together, this b ...more
Anubha
Jul 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received the book from the author in exchange of honest review.

For past few months, I have been going through a severe reading slump, not able to read a full-length novel (except for one time when a dear friend and my favorite author gave me her book) so when I was given an opportunity to read this book I took it after reading the interesting blurb and noting that it was only around 150 pages.

I went in not expecting much, just with a thought that it is a small read with an intriguing plotlin
Abhilash Ruhela
Jul 31, 2014 rated it really liked it

When you get a 149-pages book from a publisher like Notionpress with not so good quality cover page, what do you expect out of it? Nothing. And if it's from a debutante, you read it just because you have nothing else to read. Having no expectations, I read Nitish Krishna's The Mystery of Bila Land which is first part of the two-book series. The second part is named "Quest for the lost land" and will release later. Now as I am done reading, I can say that this is one of the few books that kept m
K
Sep 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The author was kind enough to provide me with a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

'The Mystery of Bila Land' revolves around Vibhas, a seemingly-ordinary young man who has been haunted by the same dream every night since his childhood. As his life takes a turn for the extraordinary during a mountaineering expedition, Vibhas is forced to reconsider several things that he had previously dismissed, while going on a mission that he would never have even imagined. This story traces his journ
Kishor Kumar
Nov 04, 2015 rated it really liked it

I received the book through Goodreads Giveaways. At first I was a little disappointed by the cover design and the thickness of the book. But they say don’t judge the book by its cover.

‘The Mystery of Bila Land’ is a well-weaved, amusing book written by Nitish Krishna. I must congratulate the author for being a good story weaver.

I really loved the overall plot. The story revolves around Vibhas, a boy who had been having strange dreams of a warrior meditating at the foot of snow-capped mountains.
Jitendra
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, giveaways
[Note: I got this book for free on read-to-review basis. Thanks to the author Nitish Krishna.]

I loved this book, or better, I am enamoured by this book. The best part is the story of the book. It's fresh, glossy , a bit of it is mythical but yet with modern outlook. Above all , the author has come out as a great story teller.

After reading the first few pages of the book I started liking the style of the author. During this whole read I never found a dull moment in the book and that is the magic
Tushar Mangl
Aug 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Received a free copy courtesy of GoodReads giveaway program.
___________________________

The Mystery of Bila Land is a well crafted tale of Vibhas and his adventures in the Land of the Bila tribe. Nitish Krishna has done an amazing job here for the story is so simple yet so deep. He manages to keep the reader's interest going till the very end. The story goes on in a good pace, it is just 150 pages long,so never gives you a moment to get bored or to stop.

Vibhas has been seeing the same dream for
Tania Ahuja
Apr 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
An amazingly written story with perfectly timed twists and turns. The plot really thickens at the rear end but somehow the climax which should appear open ended leaves you a bit confused.
Overall a highly recommended read and now eagerly looking forward for the sequel.
Thank you Nitish Krishna for giving me this privilege to read and review your debut novel.
I'm sure you will achieve much success and a big fan following. God Bless ☺
Savitha
Jul 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing book. A gripping novel with a unique story. A pleasant surprise from a first time author.

Vibhas, a trekker by passion, splits from his friends during a trek and gets into the land of Bilas, where he experiences a series of thrilling events and finds answers to those questions, he had been searching since a very young age.

This is a fast paced thriller and a good read for all. Thumbs up!
Abhi
Sep 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Amazing reading. Liked from the core of my eyes and brains. Each page was full of excitement. Every page was adventure. Never thought of Re-carnation of Arjun. Many things I could co-relate with Shiva Triology though. But this books seems at the end quite different from those. Here a common man meets the god. Looking forward for the sequel or the next part of the series. Wonderful experience.
Puja Gupta
Jul 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great dream, great story, and even more a great piece of writing the mountains the waterfalls and the dream warrior entwined within makes it a great mystery. I was so engrossed with the story that once I started reading I had to finish it at one go. Nitin has done a good job as a debut. Well done Nitin Krishna. Waiting for the next part ...Quest of the Lost Land.
Somesh
Aug 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Interesting story about dreams, passion, nature & mythology with a hint of love. Good storytelling by debutant author Nitish Krishna. After Vibhas saving the Bila tribe will he find his lost love in the quest? Eagerly waiting for part 2.
Prarthna Roy
Jul 26, 2014 rated it liked it
Quite good, a very thrilling book. But some parts really shouldn't have been there.
Arunita
Jul 22, 2017 rated it liked it
I have bought the book after going through a couple of very positive reviews.But I have found the book more of an average type.The storyline is kind of interesting, but the writing style felt a bit stiff . There were a certain lack of fluidity in the way the characters were speaking. I can't put my finger on it but it was bothering me.
Puneet Budhiraja
Sep 09, 2016
Vignesh Bharathi S
Sep 19, 2015
Harshit
rated it did not like it
Jul 05, 2018
Subir Kumar
Sep 12, 2016
Nitish Krishna
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Subir
Infantina
Jul 24, 2014
Shubham Sharma
Jul 23, 2014
Nitish is a Business and Market Intelligence professional. He has an MBA degree from Ohio University with a total experience of 8 years in strategic and business research. His passions include collecting old comics, writing stories, reading and travelling. Nitish lives with his family in the city of Bangalore.

The Mystery of Bila Land is his first book. The story is inspired from a dream he had at
More about Nitish Krishna