Start by marking “Inheritance” as Want to Read:
Inheritance

Inheritance

Nick Kenby’s goal is to take his inheritance away from his Aunt, Mary Jamieson. When his mother on her death bed told him how his father and her sister Mary deceived her, and left her and Nick penniless.
To make amends Mary organises for him to stay with her on his visit to Sydney and keep him under her control. When her maid is murdered Nick is suspected for the violent mu
Published June 22nd 2014 by Angelo Mifsud

To ask other readers questions about Inheritance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inheritance

Start your review of Inheritance
Veronica ⭐️
Just before Nick’s mother passed away she told him about his father and the inheritance he was entitled to. Nick travels to Sydney to face an Aunt he has never met and claim the inheritance of his father’s large international import business. Only things don’t seem to be as they should and when his Aunt’s maid is brutally murdered followed by the murder of his father’s business partner, Nick becomes a suspect. He has been thrown into a life surrounded by murder, drug rings and crooked cops and h ...more
Melissa
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaway-winner
I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway. Inheritance turned out to be such a hidden gem. I came into it not knowing what to expect but by the second chapter I was fully invested. The characters took me on a crazy, exciting ride and I enjoyed every minute of it. Thank you Angelo Mifsud on such a wonderful debut novel. I highly recommend it to anyone who loves a good mystery.
Colin Rodgers
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I recently took the time to re-read two books by Angelo Mifsud, his debut novel "Inheritance" and the sequel "Deception". For someone like me who grew up in Sydney in the 60s, the setting is familiar and interesting. You don't need to know Sydney however, to enjoy these stories; the plots are inventive and clever, the pace never flags, and the author's attention to detail is top class.
A bonus is that the sequel is even better than the first book.
Go ahead, get hold of these two and give yourself
Lisa Pritchard
Nov 20, 2017 rated it liked it
This is the story of a young man going to Sydney from his small home town to claim his inheritance, and finding nothing in the big city quite what it seems. The body count rises steadily throughout the book, but it’s really more an evocation of a certain time and place than a thriller. The book would have benefitted from the skills of a good editor, but having said that it was still a very enjoyable read. Thanks to Angelo Mifsud for my free copy.

Lisa Wydenbach
Aug 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast paced and lots of surprises, I really enjoyed this book. The description of Sydney at the time was well done and interesting, it help set the scene for the whole book. You become attached to the characters especially Nick and Rachel. Looking forward to the next book to see what happens to the all of them. The ending was a big surprise and leaves you wanting for more. Great first novel.
Lisa Wydenbach
Aug 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Jenny
Aug 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
I won this as a giveaway. I absolutely loved it. I loved the plot twists. I loved how he named places around Sydney that I knew and understood. I couldn't put it down. ...more
Barry Tyrrell
Linda
Suan Watts
Dana
Jul 09, 2014
Angelo Mifsud (1946) Maltese born grew up in the inner suburbs of Sydney Australia. He is retired after a working career in private enterprise, Australian military, the Australian public service, and a consultant.
He has published works in non-fiction and fiction.

Angelo’s writing career began when serving in the RAAF. It started from a challenge and dare by a colleague in 1977. Angelo’s mother had

News & Interviews