Start by marking “Fragile Reign (Mortal Enchantment, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fragile Reign (Mortal Enchantment, #2)

Fragile Reign

(Mortal Enchantment #2)

Book #2 in the award-winning YA fantasy series Mortal Enchantment. Discover a world of elemental powers, courage, duty, sacrifice, forbidden romance and a war for the very elements of life.

Rumors of King Taron's weakened powers have left the air court vulnerable. Kalin is desperate to awaken her akasha powers, except she doesn't know how. Tension within the court is at an
Published November 25th 2014 by Phoenix Reign Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Fragile Reign, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fragile Reign

Start your review of Fragile Reign (Mortal Enchantment, #2)
Margie
Aug 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
FRAGILE REIGN picks up right where we left off...

Just when Kalin thinks that things are going to settle down and she will have time to take in everything that has happened and begins to accept what her immediate future may hold, things start to fall apart again. Kalin is needed now more than ever.
Rowan is out in the mortal world trying to control the chaos that Valac's followers are causing. Luckily for him, Marcus is right by his side, and they make a great team. However, things are far worse
Karalee
Oct 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, magic, romance
May contain spoilers...

Fragile Reign was a great continuation to Mortal Enchantment. Stacey O'Neale's books have a way of sucking you in. Before I realized it, I was finished this book.
After getting her father back everything is not okay for Kalin. Her father, King Taron of the air court having poison running through his veins from the iron he was locked in, is too weak to use his powers or do much of anything. So it is Kalin's job to attend meetings in his place, and possibly have to take his
Patricia
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A very appropriate title for this book. It could be talking about the air court or the fire court.
But to know which one you have to read the book.
This book had so much going on. Rowan has decided to claim his throne and things are not going to be easy. In order to prove he is the rightful king he has to find a way to prove it to his people.
Meanwhile Kalin once again is to trusting and her life spirals out of control. The rescue of her father the king has its own complications.
To top it all off
Ethan Gregory
Jul 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Full review and more available at: http://oneguysguidetogoodreads.blogsp...

*********************************************************************************
My Thoughts:
Okay guys, I just had to go back and reread my reviews of the last two installments of this series to get a feel fo rmy mindset while writing this. Allow me to reiterate this for you all: THIS IS ONE OF THE GREATEST SERIES I HAVE READ ALL YEAR. Woah. I sincerely apologize, I didn't mean to lose my cool like that, it's just that TH
Novel Grounds
Oct 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
FragileReign
5 Stars|Amazon|Goodreads
I feel terrible for it taking me so long to write this review! Sometimes a book is so good that I actually forget to sit down after I finish and to write, because I am that hyped over it. This is one of those books.

We got introduced in the novella and then really got to know the characters in the first novel. When this novel was released I was over the moon. I wanted MORE. More Kalin, and definitely more Rowan. We got that in spades in this novel.

With everything r
Amber
Jun 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fragile Reign is an amazingly stunning continuation of this incredible epic adventure! Just when you think things couldn’t get any better, I advise that you buckle your seat belt because the journey is just getting started. The danger deepens, the action builds, and the drama heightens as the real battle begins to heat up. If you think you know what’s going on, then look again because as the mysteries unravel, nothing is as it seems. Don’t get too comfortable and always remember to keep your fri ...more
Enigma
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
First of all, let me apologize for taking this long with the review. I finished this book in almost 2 days straight and after, I was drowned so deep in different emotions that I couldn’t figure out what to write. As you might have seen with my previous reviews, I have loved the series so far and the third installment does not disappoint as well.

I fell in love with Rowan before the first book even ended and thoroughly missed him in Mortal Enchantment. But Stacey O’Neale does not fail to give its
Kelly
Aug 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love the way Stacey O'Neale writes. She has a way of making you hold on and not stop reading. She writes in both Kalin and Rowan’s POV. With each chapter ending, it is like a mini cliffhanger. She leaves you at a crucial moment and switches POV’s. Then you go to what the other one is up to, which of course you need to read because in the chapter before she left you hanging. It made me go crazy but in a good way, because once you start you just can’t stop.

The story is rich in scenery, magic and
Emily
Jan 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: z4-2015-read
4.5 stars <3 <3 <3
Yes! Yes! Yes! Stacey O'Neale has done it again!!

The Mortal Enchantment series is one of my favorites, and Fragile Reign was excellent! Told from alternating points of view, Fragile Reign picks up where Mortal Enchantment finished. O'Neale continues to lovingly build the characters in this series, and Kalin and Rowan have big roles to fill in their courts. One just can't help but cheer for them. :)

The other characters are thoughtfully woven into this story and continue to grow
Jenny
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another great read in the Mortal Enchantment series! We delve deeper into the lives of Kalin and Rowan and the history of the four houses of elementals. I love how Stacey weaves her own story into legends that we all know and love! The characters are just as lovable as the previous books and I love the dialog between them. It really helps bring the characters to life.
Danielle Miller Euker
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Not quite as good as the first book, this dragged a little at times. The betrayal was obvious and the mode of betrayal was obvious. Still good read overall, ready to start book 3!!
Christina
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Excellent installment for this series! Stacy O'Neale has rocked my socks again! With fantastic characters, plot and feels! There was SO much character development and plot progression that I sometimes didn't know what to do with myself. There was just so much for me to hand onto.

This is the second (third) installment to the wonderfully fantastical MORTAL ENCHANTMENT series. I was in love with THE SHADOW PRINCE and continued to fall in love during MORTAL ENCHANTMENT and now Stacey has taken me on
Esther Haddie's Haven
DISCLAIMER: I was gifted a copy of this book (via the author) in exchange for honest review.

The mortal world is undergoing what seem to be the worst fires Rowan has ever seen. Which can only mean one thing: Fire Elementals are attacking.

Kalin is filling in for her father, allowing him to recover from having been kidnapped. On top of that, she is trying to figure why her father thinks she is the next Akasha. Oh! and apparently she is betrothed to the son of a member in the Air Court. *shrugs* Yea
Chayse Sundt
Mar 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Stacey did it again. I was pulled different ways with her first two books and the thought of having the next book in my hands is just amazing. I could not put down this book and I am so excited to see where this book is going.

Split Perspectives that is what caught my attention. I cannot express how much I love when authors do spilt perspectives. I feel that this is a skill that authors must practice and develop to make sure that it comes out perfectly. For Stacey it worked. The chapters flowed a
Jina
Dec 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*I will try to avoid spoilers.

Fragile Reign by Stacey O'Neale

As you may recall King Taron of the air court was recused but not before the effects of being held prisoner in the mortal world took its unfortunate toll.

The combination of aging and iron poisoning left many unsure if King Taron would be able to fully recover and remain as their king. All the uncertainty applied pressure for Kalin to become queen. Of course, it is not that simple. A halfling has never ruled over any court.

The council i
Henny
It is probably not a good idea to walk through the streets with your head stuck in a book, unless you’re a Disney character (and possibly even then) but I was so engrossed with Stacey O’Neale’s Fragile Reign that I literally could not put my copy of the book down and I walked most of the way to work while reading it. Luckily, I managed to not get hurt. And the only reason I stopped was because someone drove me the rest of the way there and I get carsick if I read in a car.
The second book in the
Michelle
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really, really suck at writing reviews ...so warning this comment stinks ;) but this book was too much fun not to comment on :D Marcus and Rowan are two dudes I love reading about! They are totally bro-some hahaha and yes Kalin and Ariel rock just as much. I love books with humor with the good and bad times <3 super quick read so much excitement :) yay ...more
Michelle Knox
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I continue to be impressed by the writing style and imagination of Stacey O'Neale. The continuation of Kalin and Rowan's story definitely did not disappoint with Fragile Reign. Cannot wait for the next book.....especially after that Oh My God cliffhanger ending.
Kelsey Bower
Dec 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
There isn't enough praise I can say for this series ! Its so good! I love these kind of books . Suspense, Right from wrong good against evil... Romance.. Ah I ate it up (: Can't wait for the next book. I was hooked after the first novel! Read this if you haven't !
Amanda Chinkan
Dec 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Omg

I cannot Wait for the next one. I'm a little upset the Kaylan falls into hero girl syndrome in this book but she comes out of it well and is restored in my mind . This is a must read . Good job Stacey O'Neale
Lyn
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
loved it..
couldn't put it down..
one of the few books I've picked up and read in a day..cant wait for the next installment..
Sinéad Gough
Jan 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this series so much! Read the books within 2 days, cannot wait for the third book to be released, I need it, like, yesterday!
Jash
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Fragile Reign is the second book in Stacey O'Neale's Mortal Enchantment series. It sees Kalin's father in a weakened state so that Kalin has to ascend the air court throne to keep the peace. And since no half-mortal half-elemental has ever been a king or queen, she is forced to consider marrying Sebastian who her father chose for her long ago. But her heart is with Rowan who is having his own trouble ascending the fire court throne.

When I started this book I thought it was an improvement over th
Gail
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
The second book in this series. Kalin is a young teenage girl thrown into a difficult situation. Her father, the king, is ill and doesn't appear to be getting stronger. She is trying to take control of the council and rule in his place. She is trying to bring out her powers as the akasha, but doesn't know how. She finally is able to and the fight off the problems in the kingdom- only at the end, more problems arise that may take her life in order to fix it. The stories are well written- fast pac ...more
Crystalvuletichotmail.com
May 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kailin finally accepts what is going on in her life w/ her leaving the mortal realm and becoming a member of the air court. She enjoys time with her father but things begin to happen very quickly. Friends and enemies are made and her character really begins to develop. She was strong from the 1st book but there is something fantastic about 2 strong leading characters that do not face problems in a negative way.
Patricia Finnegan
Page Turner!

More excitement than book 1. Action, lies, betrayal, and magic on every page. Marcus and Rowan reconnect at just the right time. The elements are out of control and everyone is helping the mortals to save their world. Until the Thrones are rebalance turmoil will prevail. Now on to Book 3.
Kristie Flynn
Liked it but was frustrating

This book got very frustrating.... I constantly wanted to yell at Kalin. After Jarrod giving her the wine in the first book why would she drink something from someone she doesn’t know. I also really don’t understand why she trusted Sebastian so quickly.
Mandi
Mar 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is much like the others in the series. I really enjoyed the story, but all the mistakes kept pulling me out of it. At one point she says it had been 2 years since Rowan had been home, but then she said Kalin had only been in Avalon for 2 weeks.

I'm anxious to see how the series ends, though.
KLove
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Certainly worth the read.

Held my attention. Full of great plot, adventure, suspense. I’d recommend this book to all. Great story. Can’t wait to read the final book.
Shannon Matheny
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining

Love fantastical worlds. The adrenaline rush to save the world and each character’s sense of duty and honor to their loved ones and courts.

• Rising Queen (Court of the Sea Fae, #3)
  • Winter (Evermore Academy, #1)
  • Three Deadly Trials (Battle for The Dark King, #1)
  • Supernatural Slayer Squad (Darkblood Academy, #2)
  • Curse Breaker (Kingdom of Runes, #2)
  • Two Vicious Kingdoms (Battle for The Dark King,  #2)
  • Demons (Darkblood Academy, #3)
  • Prophecies (Darkblood Academy #4)
  • Oath Taker (Kingdom of Runes, #1)
  • Fallen King (Court of the Sea Fae, #2)
  • The Goodnight Kiss (The Unseelie Court, #1)
  • Ruwen (Mated To The Alien, #1)
  • Dark King (Court of the Sea Fae, #1)
  • That Sexy Stranger: A Standalone Romantic Comedy
  • That Wild Player: A Standalone Bad Boy Billionaire & (Former) Good Girl Romantic Comedy
  • The Princess Trials (The Princess Trials, #1)
  • The New Elite (The Exceptional S. Beaufont Book 4)
  • The Hunt (The Twisted Kingdoms #1)
Award-winning author, Stacey O'Neale, lives in Annapolis, Maryland. When she's not writing, she spends her time fangirling over books, blogging, watching fantasy television shows, cheering for the Baltimore Ravens, and hanging out with her husband and daughter.

Her career in publishing started as a blogger-turned-publicist for Entangled Publishing. Stacey writes young adult fantasy and adult paran

Mortal Enchantment (3 books)
  • Storm Born (Mortal Enchantment, #1)
  • Eternal Sacrifice (Mortal Enchantment, #3)

News & Interviews

“It’s easy to forgive when someone causes you pain. But when you put the hurt on someone you care about, it’s nearly impossible to forgive yourself.” 0 likes
“What was the point of being this all-powerful elemental if I couldn’t save my father?” 0 likes