Start by marking “Rewriting the Rules” as Want to Read:
Rewriting the Rules

Rewriting the Rules

Off limits. Stay away.
Don't even think about it.

I know the rules.
I repeat them endlessly in my head.
But damn it, I can't stay away.
Can't stop thinking about it. About her.

She's perfect. Beautiful. Exceptional in every way.
When in the world did she grow up?
No! I refuse to touch her. I won't do it.
But I did. Just once.
And now. I want more. So much more.
Once I've set m
223 pages
Published March 18th 2016

Start your review of Rewriting the Rules
Book-Bosomed  blog
DNF @20%

Let me start by explaining that I had high hopes that this would be a fun, sexy, older brother’s best friend/younger sister love story. From the blurb, I was under the impression that the “brother’s best friend” had decided to pursue the girl that he’d longed for, consequences be damned. But that’s not entirely the exact romantic premise of this story.

Right off the bat, I didn’t care much for either Charlotte or Troy. In fact, I honestly wanted to bang both of their foreheads against th
Deserie williams
Mar 21, 2016 marked it as just-not-for-me-stay-away-hell-no
Self note: Hell no! Has one of my biggest pet peeves! yuck!
Rejane
Mar 27, 2017 marked it as no-way-jose
Ewwww..I read a review that , you know... ewwwww

Addicted2Books
description

What I loved about the book: The character development, the plotline, scenery description and, of course, Troy & Will's major hotness. There's also an open ending of sorts. A chance to continue the story with different main characters. I loved the author's writing style. Some author's can't make the story run so smoothly. She makes the reader wait for the juicy stuff, but you don't really seem to notice because you're caught up in Troy & Charlotte's story.

What I didn't enjoy so much: Troy in the
Fre06 Begum
Mar 21, 2016 rated it did not like it
April Symes
Troy is a man with a dilemma –he is in love with his best friend’s little sister and has been for a number of years. His love hasn’t dimmed in years and continued to grow and get stronger. He had one night of great pleasure when they were together but then they weren’t together afterwards and then for a couple of years they weren’t together. They ended up with other people, dating but never truly happy or satisfied. They were friends but the friendship suffered in a way because Charlotte denied ...more
Cocktails and Books
This review was originally posted on Cocktails and Books

This was my first S. Moose book. I'd heard from other readers how much they loved her books and I thought I'd give her latest a try.

Charlotte has been in love with Troy, her brother's best friend, since she was a young teenager. When they finally started dating, while they were both at college, they agreed to wait to tell her brother of their relationship until after she graduated. Unfortunately, for these two, Charlotte's brother (who's r
Jen
Mar 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I loved Rewriting the Rules. I couldn’t put it down and read into the wee hours of the morning just so I could finish reading Charlotte and Troy’s story. Friends to lovers is one of my favorite tropes, then throw in second chances and you’ve got me. This novel is well-written with fantastically developed characters. I was able to really get into their heads and I liked it. I really wanted to sit with Charlotte and Jane and gab with them. I even got invested in the side characters (please tell me ...more
Taylor
Mar 19, 2016 rated it it was ok
3/4 of the book was Troy pushing Charlotte away. The hot and cold act got annoying quick.

When they do finally get together it's all a bit secret again.
Just like pretty much all books like this their relationship is outed exactly how you think it will be.

The book felt predictable and took to long for the. To get back together.
There was a short thing with an OW but it was cut short and how it was cut short made the whole situation worse for me. I don't like my H/h's with other people after they'
Boundless Book Reviews
(2.5 stars)

The story follows Charlotte and Troy. I found that Charlotte could be very Juvenile. She leaves her would be financè for maybe a chance. When she hasn't even seen Troy in years. Why would you stay with someone so long, who cares how your brother feels? It's your life.

The fact that Troy suppose to be this good friend and his sister cares about her brother so much but still keeps it a secret. I didn't get it.

I really enjoy a brothers best friend/little sister romance. But i find that
Shaunna
I just wasn't able to connect with any of the characters. There is very little character development, and I just couldn't see why the MCs loved each other at all - they seemed to just be in lust, and I needed more emotion.

The plot and pacing were okay (though I wished they communicated better with each other her brother) and the writing wasn't bad, it was just missing some key elements for my own enjoyment.

ARC was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review
Jamie  Leigh
Feb 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
a good read. well written. interesting concept. loved the characters.
Mia
Mar 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
I like the cover but the story was crap. Did the author know that editors exist? I don't think so. I can't count the huge amount of logical mistakes, repeats etc. Really disappointing.
Sarah Beth
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great second chance love story!

Oh my stars I loved, loved this book! S. Moose created such wonderful characters and a great storyline! She wrote with such emotion and feeling that I literally got so caught up in this story I lost track of time! I read this in one sitting and loved every single minute!
Charlotte was the beautiful, smart, young woman. That being said, she made a lot of horrible choices during this book. I would have liked it a little better if she had grown a backbone and stood
Danielle Pullen
May 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liked it

I liked this story. It felt repetitive at times with the dual POV. He would describe something in his chapter and then she would do the same in her chapter. There was phrases that were constantly being repeated throughout the book, got a little annoying. There was one word that killed certain scenes, literally making me cringe.

Troy and Charlotte have been in love with each since they were teenagers, now they have a second chance at love but they allow Charlotte's brother, Troy's best fr
Jenn's Book Obsession
3.5 Stars! I thought this was a cute read. This is my first time reading from this author so I didn't know what to expect going in. The blurb certainly caught my attention so I dove in.

This was a good story line. Great set of characters. It just didn't touch me emotionally. I didn't get that all consuming love feels I was hoping to get from this second chance romance. Overall, I enjoyed Charlotte and Troy's journey.
Fran Auq
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Second Chances are the best!!!

Don't miss out this beautiful story about Love and deception. Sometimes we give our heart to someone but we can't control the future, after a broken promise, long relationship and deception, both Troy and Charlotte are ready to move on. But Charlotte decide to go for a second chance, love is complicated but can definitely win everything.
Totally Love this Love story.
Christine
Dec 13, 2017 rated it liked it
While there were definitely parts of this story that I enjoyed, I have to say I didn't like this book as much as I was hoping to. Some paragraphing issues made it difficult to keep up with the timeline; and it just seemed like the last half of the book was rushed.

I will read others from this author, as I've read a few from her already that I definitely enjoyed.
Nancy Metsch
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a roller coaster ride
His name is Troy Hastings and he has known Will and Charlotte Maxy their entire lives. Will was the Best friend Charlotte was the annoying little sister. Until she wasn't. Bro code or not.....This is a great read
Books Laid Bare
Mar 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
I would love to know who it was that invented or came up with this whole bro-code gibberish, the whole sisters are off limits scenario that it is just so pointless, when have you ever known a man to do as he is told! Really!!!
Life stood in their way and tore them apart when they were just teenagers but could Charlotte and Troy try again or had too much happened in the interim?
The young and naïve Charlotte had longed for and loved her brother Will’s best friend Troy for years but when family trag
Denae
Mar 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own-ebook
4 Sweet and Sassy Stars

When I received an ARC for Rewriting the Rules, I was excited. I'd never read any of S. Moose's work and the book looked and sounded fantastic! It's a forbidden romance, which I love! I wasn't wrong to be excited. There was so much in this book that I loved and enjoyed. It was sweet, sexy and heartbreaking at the same time.

Troy is the best friend of Will. Charlotte's big brother, her protector. Troy has sworn off ever settling down with a woman. He isn't your typical run t
Louise
Feb 16, 2016 rated it liked it
I was kindly provided with a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

This book definitely should have been one that I loved as it covers a second chance romance with the added twist of it being an off limits romance between a girl and her brother's best friend. However, I struggled with certain parts of the book and at times found it difficult to keep interested.

Charlotte and Will are brother and sister that are extremely close and look out for one another. Will gave up on pursuing his own dr
Keri
Heat Level: 3 flames out of 5
Rating: 4 stars out of 5

Review:
** FOUR STARS **
“ She’s my person. I love her, man. We’ve been in love with each other since she was sixteen and I never acted on it.”
What happens when you call out the wrong mans name during a marriage proposal? Well according to Charlotte, you pack up your life and you move to where you left y
Amie Morgado- We Stole Your Book Boyfriend
Great cover - love this author and I am always happy and eager to read her work. I am saying 3.5-4 stars BUT I am excited it ended in a way that we may move on with other characters ?? PLEASE - I am so curious about Will and the things that we found out at the end of this story. No doubt these guys are a hot group of fun and I love the dynamic of friends/family and the nature of Will and Troy's jobs.

I am a sucker for the second chance romance or childhood friends to lovers or even the secret lov
Jill S (Love Affair With Fiction)
Looking for a great story that is part friends to lovers and part second chance romance? Look no further than S Moose's Rewriting the Rules.

S Moose gives us a quick read here that manages to be both sweet and sexy. *Sigh* Charlotte and Troy. In love since they were teens and she was 'too young.' And then throw in that extra little issue - you know the one, she is his best friends little sister! I hear ya, why should that be such a big deal right? (AHHH... you know I hate divulging too much of th
Hanne
Mar 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 -- Second Chance -- stars

It’s the first time I’ve read anything of S. Moose, but this book definitely won’t be my last. I had already bought a couple of her books and now they’re high on my TBR. I liked this book a lot.

Charlotte met Troy when she was young since Troy was Charlotte’s big brother’s best friend. Troy has always teased her, but then one day he sees her differently and falls in love with her. Charlotte feels the same and they kiss. They decide to keep it a secret to Charlotte’s bro
manuela
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was ok
I was kindly provived an ARC by the author in exchange for an honest review, so I tried, I really tried but I’m so sorry to say that this wasn’t for me. The blurb intrigued me but once I got to the actual thing I found it confusing, and I had to force myself to keep reading.

“God,” I wishper. “Why can’t I forget about you? Let me forget,”

Charlotte is a confident girl, she knows her worth and I loved that but then she can’t stand to disappoint her brother, Will, and still I’m ok with that; but
Nicole
I'm a sucker for a good second chance at love story, and this one fit the bill. I will say that at the start of the book, I liked both of viewpoints of Charlotte and Troy; I can understand why Charlotte made that decision, and please, with the phone call that Troy got? He handled better than I would have.

But....by the time I got to the end of chapter 3? Charlotte annoyed the ever-lovin' hell out of me; I honestly did not understand why she thought it would be a cake walk to pick up again with Tr
Grace Lau
Mar 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Rewriting the Rules by S. Moose

3 stars

This is a second-chance love story between Charlotte and Troy who fell in love in high school. They decide to wait until after Charlotte graduates from college to let everyone know of their relationship because they are afraid to upset Charlotte's brother, Will, who also happens to be Troy's best friend. Things happen while Charlotte is in college that cause the lovers to part ways and Troy is left broken hearted.

Fast forward a few years later and Charlotte
Lisa
Mar 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommended to Lisa by: The Reading Room Blog
I received an author's copy of this story for an honest review.

Rewriting the Rules is the newest novel by S. Moose and focuses on the romantic tangles of Charlotte and Troy. Can two first loves find their way back to each other after years of pain and misunderstanding?

What I Loved: S. Moose created an interesting world of young adults struggling to make that full transition to adult life - building careers, transitioning from easy and fun physical relationships to wanting to have someone to real
« previous 1 3 next »
Part TWO 1 2 Apr 12, 2016 07:41PM

• Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • An Uphill Battle (Southern Roots #2)
  • One Call Away
  • Fight For You
  • Cheat Codes (Dawson Family, #1)
  • Possession (Steel Brothers Saga #3)
  • Kinda Don't Care (Simple Man #1)
  • One Night
  • Obsession (Steel Brothers Saga, #2)
  • I'm Yours
  • In This Life
  • 5 Years Later
  • Mr. Darcy's Kiss
  • Something Tattered
  • One Good Crash
  • The Plan Commences (The Rising #2)
  • Out of the Shallows (Into the Deep, #2)
  • Into the Deep (Into the Deep, #1)
S. Moose is a New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author of new adult romance. She writes emotional and romantic stories that will make you swoon, cry, yell, laugh, and love.

When she is not writing you can find her hanging out with her family, and friends, getting lost in romantic books, and indulging on Starbuck lattes.

Contact Stephanie with SBR media for rights information: Stephanie@SBRmed