Start by marking “More Than I Asked For (More Than DC, #1)” as Want to Read:
More Than I Asked For (More Than DC, #1)

More Than I Asked For

(More Than DC #1)

Genevieve Westley lives inside of her head. Her only connections to reality are her two best friends, her grandparents, and her heart-wrenching, emotionally-driven artwork.

Finally stepping out of her comfort zone, a night out with her friends has her stepping into the arms of Lucas Alexander.

Lucas has been labeled many things: rock star, CEO, and devastatingly, handsome pa
Published May 16th 2014 by Tims Publishing (first published May 13th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about More Than I Asked For, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More Than I Asked For

*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
2.5 Stars!!

IMO everyone acted like they were in high school and not in their 20s and 30s. Maybe I'm just getting old, but it was annoying more than anything.

The plot, the characters, the dialogue all seemed juvenile and cheesy to me.

You tell me???

"You're going to get cold," I breathe.
"Not possible. Around you I swear I always have a fever," he whispers back.

"If I could bottle his saliva and find a way to pour it into the water supply of war torn countries, I guarantee that the next day, they
Melissa
Mar 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I had the pleasure of being picked as a Beta reader for "More Than I Asked For." I will admit I had serious reservations about reading the first book by a brand new author. I was pleasantly surprised. I ripped through the book in less than 2 days. It was almost impossible to put down. I could not get enough of Gen and Luc. I found their story to be fresh and different from many of the books that have burst onto the reading scene since "Fifty Shades of Gray." I loved the dynamic between all the f ...more
Lustful Literature
Nov 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
** JOSIE'S 4.5 STAR REVIEW **

I got More Than I Asked For in this book. T.J. Tims did an amazing job. Not only does the author give readers a love story that is full of romance, steamy and hot sex, some D*** HOT MEN and secrets, we also got a lot of LOL moments. I kid you not! I cannot begin to say how much I enjoyed the story from start to finish. Even though there were misunderstandings between Genevieve and Lucas the author kept the humor going throughout the story. I laughed so much readi
Brenda Starling
Mar 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The first portion of my review has spoilers so I left it out. Once the book is out for awhile I'll add the rest. THIS IS A MUST READ!!!

Mellena
May 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is T.J. Tims' debut novel and she blew out onto the market with a flare!! I have fallen in love with her book! With the very first chapter I knew I was not going to be able to stop reading until the last page and I was right! She is witty and funny and her characters will keep you entertained when they aren't making you squirm in your seats.

The world is my Oyster

We first meet Genevieve Westley as she is sitting in a cafe waiting on her soon to be EX boyfriend. She is giving herself a pep t
Gretchen Anderson
May 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The worst thing about this book is that it ended!!!

Gen is comfortable. That’s the best word for her. She’s fine on money. Has grandparents that adore her. She rooms with her BFF’s and that’s amazing. She’s an artist (painter) and her career is perfect. She is stuck. She’s with Brad at the beginning of the book but that quickly fizzles when she realizes he’s done nothing but quickly kiss her and hold her hand for six months. She wants someone that actually wants her. Passion.

In order to “get ov
Angst... Tick
Awesome story line... Tick
Pretty ladies... Tick
Hot Hot men... Tick

Biggest surprise of all... HUMOUR!! I have never laughed so much reading a book!! Some parts I laughed that much I had to read them out to my hubby so he didn't think I was just crazy!!

However.. In saying that, this book is written in a way that the hilarious humour does not take away from all the other elements of the book & I love that. It is just an added bonus.
The stea
Nikki Costello ***Crazy Cajun Book Addicts Blog***
I was lucky enough to get a free copy of this book to review for Crazy Cajun Book Addicts.
I really enjoyed this book by new author T.J Tims it had me hooked from the beginning and I had finished it within a day.

Genevieve has just split with her so called boyfriend Brad so to cheer her up her best friends take her for a night on the town leading to her meeting with ex Rockstar turned music mogul Lucas Alexander what starts is a whirlwind romance with a few tears and lots of laughter helped along
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
May 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant read. I'm totally shocked that this is a debut novel. I sat and read this in one sitting. Didn't want to put it down.

Gen is just great. She's decided she wants to live her life rather than hide from everything. This change in her starts with a bang when she meets Lucas. Now he's ever do hot. Great alpha male. The great secondary characters make this a great enjoyable read.

I'm certainly looking forward to reading more in this series... Especially if I get to read more about these char
Kerri
Apr 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm in love .. I author stalked..she promised me more books...so now I'm waiting!! outstanding cast of characters...I wanted to crawl in the book and live with them!
JC82
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So I saw that this book was comedy/romance and I haven't had a real good hilarious romantic book in a while so I dove head first into this book hoping for at least a few good laughs.

I swear this book was like Saturday Night Live meets the Notebook in the best way possible. I laughed so hard in so many parts of this story, my favorite being the girls nights/guys night debacle. Luckily I refrained from in-taking any liquids while reading so I avoided any laughter spit-ups on my kindle.

So at the b
Monique Machuca-Austin
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Genevieve Westley is an artist whom is living comfortably with her best friends. Gen has had a difficult childhood with the loss her parents at the age of fourteen years old. Even though her grandparents love and cherish her, she is recovering from an eight-month break-up with a guy whom lacks a little more than just passion. With the wonderful friends, they convince her on a girls-night out on the town to cheer her up and move on. What Gen did not expect what the drunken night lead her to the f ...more
Stephanie Marshall
May 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is unpredictably, laugh out loud, sexy and all kinds of crazy rolled into one. You have your sexy, tattooed music mogul, his twin brother, his younger gorgeous brother who runs a club, and beautiful crazy women. That combination is a recipe for a great book; add in the amazing story line, secrets and you have a hit on your hands.

Genevieve is an artistic individual who lives inside her thoughts more than in the everyday world. She had a difficult childhood and lost her parents at the ag
Alex Grayson
Oct 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm not able to put my full review up as it has spoilers and I really don't want to spoil it for anyone.

....What happens next is a whirlwind love affair that has you laughing, crying, raging, and sighing throughout the book. T.J. Tims captures your attention with intrigue, mystery, heartbreak, and laughter. At times I wanted to throw my tablet through the wall, while at other times I wanted to crawl through it and give both characters a big squeeze. There were a ton of “Oh s***, I didn’t see tha
Lydia H
Mar 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
More Than I Asked For is a sweet, funny, and light read perfect for a relaxing weekend. There were moments where I giggled and a few where I felt bad for what these characters were going through.
"You are mine. You have been from the first second I laid eyes on you. Get comfortable with that fact."

Lucas and Genevieve met when they least expected it. Hell, Genevieve didn't even remember it all that well. But as they got to really know each other, you could tell they were a perfect match. They
Rachel Hicks
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Gen is my favorite new female! She reminds me of myself. Once she decides to hold nothing back and grab the bull by the horns she really runs with it. I love that she speaks what is on her mind no matter how embarrasing it may be. She really is much stronger than she gives herself credit for. With all of the twists and turns that are thrown her way she never falters. She doesnt even crack. She has a breakdown along the way but picks herself up again and keeps on moving.

Lucas intrigued me from t
Bloggers From Down Under
Oct 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
*** We received this book in exchange for an honest review ***

Genevieve Westley is a 24 year old artist that lives with her 2 best friends. Her parents died in a car accident 10 years ago and she lived with her grandparent’s till she was of age.

Gen seems to have been floating through her comfy life for the past 10 years when she decides to grab reality by the ball or as Gem would say the world is her oyster and it’s time to scoop it out…

Lucas is an ex rock start now CEO and smoking hot with a wa
Angie
May 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads Review Team~

This book was amazing! It was the perfect balance of love, friends, family and drama. I will for sure read this book over and over! This book was a refreshing read for me; everything lately I have read seems so filled with tension or such an emotional roller coaster that this book was simply a wonderful, perfect read. After Gen finds out she was dating a gay guy for several months, her friends take her out for a
Anny hernandez
May 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was provide a copy of the book by the Author for an honest review.

Wow I just read this book and I love it, this book had me laughing, I love the characters, I did not wanted to finish reading it I want more, I am gone keep this short since I don't want to give anything away.

Genevieve lives in her own little world, that's inside her head, the only reality that she has in her life, are her two best friend and her grandparents, after she found out that her boyfriend Brad is gay, she kick him to t
Donna ~
Mar 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
More Than I Asked For….that’s exactly what I got. This was a light and engaging read. The story begins with the development of Genevieve and Lucas’ relationship but with such a close knit group of friends and family it suddenly turns into so much more.

With the circumstances that surround Genevieve and Lucas’ first encounter being a bit “hazy” they make a go of things. We get a few twists and turns throughout the story but for the most part this is a drama free read. I didn’t have moments when I
Magic Within the Pages
May 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Reviewer: Donna
Rating: 5 Stars

**Copy received in exchange for an honest review**

I love experiencing new author and i was very pleased to read this. This is book 1 is the DC Series and i thought it was a fantastic read which i loved so much that i read it in a day and a half.

Genevieve has just split up with her boyfriend Brad so her friends, Hailey and Tara take up out to forget about him and have a good time. At the club, she attracts the attention of a guy in the VIP booth. Next morning she wa
Nerd Alert
May 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amazeballs
I received this book in return for an honest opinion.
Holy crap on a cracker! This book…is…just…fantastic! It blew my socks off.
This book had your roped in from page one. Meet Gen an artist who is basically being used as a beard (for people who don’t know what that is, basically someone’s gf when the guy is gay). Girls night out leads to a hot hook up with sexy Lucas. Problem is she doesn’t remember that night.
Add more twists and turns unknown family, crazy friends and an even crazier family fr
Butterflies, Books & Dreams
Jul 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is way More Than I Asked For...

Love loved loved it!!

“Sometimes when people have something lacking within themselves, they target someone they perceive as weaker to tear down."

I was expecting a huge let down like Luc was gonna get caught cheating on Gen, but that was not the case. It was like they were two souls waiting to come together. They had their issues from the past, but they overcome those fears & hiccups that made them that way.

I was getting a little lost on the character
Heather Way
May 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This begins with Genevieve (GEN) meeting her current boyfriend at a restaurant. He shows up late. and she decides to out right ask him if he is gay. because he hasn’t touched her in since they started dating and the close intimacy they had was holding hands. He apologizes and she gets up and leaves after giving him a mouth ful. I laughed so hard. Because I could see her doing just that.

Then She gets home TO her Roommates Tara & Haily. They convince her to go out and drink and just have fun b
1-Click Addict Support Group
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
More Than I Asked For is the first book I've read by T.J. Timms, and now I'm hooked on her!!

Genevieve has always been the quiet one. She doesn't want conflict so she goes with the flow until she finally decides to go after what she wants…and that's living her life the way SHE wants.

When her crazy, funny friends decide to take her to a club, she comes face to face with none other than sexy, panty-melting, ex-Rock Star, Lucas Alexander.

Lucas hones in on, and is captivated by, Genevieve and deci
Ruthie Taylor
May 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads."

This is a really satisfying read. We get to meet a good sized group of interesting characters who will fill many fun books in the future. There is plenty of foreshadowing to get us thinking through the book! The writing is good, the protagonists are hot, and the romance is steaming; what more can a reader want?

There is a plot device which I think is both really clever, and really frustrating - and I can't tell you what it
Christina Wade - BFD Book Blog
Nov 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
the opening scene had me hooked on this book. all i'm going to say is gen won me over right then.

there are so many things to love about this book. most of all is the cast of characters. i love the banter among all the characters especially when they are all together. i really can't tell you who my favorite is which means this series should be absolutely fantastic. there is no way to touch on each character, just know they are all really fantastic.

lucas is really fantastic...he's a laid-back ex-
Jacquelyn Ayres
Apr 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm a huge fan of bringing as much laughter as the sexy, and Ms. Tims does not disappoint!! It's been a while since I've laughed out loud so much; I had to put my reader down to collect myself!

I loved every character in this book! They reminded me of my friends and all the quirks and jokes we have with each other. It also showcased how much friends can be more like family than your family is.

This was a wonderful debut novel about discovering who you are meant to be and not what your past could h
Jill S (Love Affair With Fiction)
More Than I Asked For is TJ Tims’ debut novel and I enjoyed it tremendously. Innocent yet feisty Genevieve Westley is just stepping out of a – let’s call it – an unfulfilling relationship. To get her mind off of her naive choices, her best friends and roommates, take her out for a night on the town. While out at a club Gen locks eyes with Lucas Alexander and her sheltered life explodes into color and chemistry.

I enjoyed the storyline and pacing of the story here. But what I really loved were the
Amazeballs Book Addicts
May 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
First I have to say, I have never heard of this author before, but I have definitely added her to my list and will be reading all her future books. Ok, now about this book. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE every single character in this book. Gen and Lucas have awesome chemistry and their relationship is electric. I want a some Lucas in my life!! And the secondary characters are all just as awesome and magnetic. I couldn't help myself but laugh out loud many many times. One would say or do something and I wou ...more

• A Fighting Chance (Running Into Love, #4)
  • Hunger (The Seductors Series, #2)
  • Broken Until You
  • Don't Close Your Eyes (Don't Close Your Eyes, #1)
  • Southern Roots (Southern Roots #1)
  • Pan's Salvation (Dueling Devils, #5)
  • Ultimate Deception (Harden, #2)
  • Contractually Yours
  • Hooked: The Complete Collection (Hooked, #1-3)
  • Loverboy
  • Last of the Red-Hot Cowboys (Hell's Outlaws, #1)
  • Salvage Her Heart
  • Surviving Brooklyn (Brooklyn, #1)
  • Jayde (Behind the Words, #2)
  • Keep It Secret (KIS #1)
  • Going the Distance (Down for the Count, #2)
  • Sunset Vibrations
  • Exotic Desires Vol. 1 (Exotic Desires, #1)

More Than DC (2 books)
  • More Than A Deal (More Than DC, #2)