Start by marking “The Fog of Forgetting (Five Stones Trilogy #1)” as Want to Read:
The Fog of Forgetting (Five Stones Trilogy #1)

The Fog of Forgetting (Five Stones Trilogy #1)

3.7  ·  Rating details ·  80 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
In The Fog of Forgetting, the beginning of a new adventure-fantasy trilogy, five children wash up on the shores of an foreign land, unwitting agents of destiny in a realm struggling to withstand a force that could change their world -- and ours -- forever.

Move over, Narnia. The journey to Ayda has begun.

Sneaking out for a quick boat ride on a summer day, five children fin
Published July 17th 2014 by Islandport Press (first published July 16th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Fog of Forgetting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fog of Forgetting

Tabitha
I didn’t realize The Fog of Forgetting would be as much of a middle grade novel as it was. While I read a small handful of middle grade novels from time to time – I find myself more and more leaning towards adult novels this year. Unfortunately this one happened to fall into the rare ground of me wanting to skim it by page 35 and completely losing my interest after about 60 pages. The scene was set with with 3 quarrelsome brothers meeting 2 young girls new to their area and then all of them wind ...more
R.F. Gammon
Just as good as it was the first one. Maine-based fantasy? Thank you. I'll tell it.
Grace
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The book “The Fog of Forgetting”, by G.A. Morgan, is a fantasy book. This is fantasy, because there is so much magic, and so many creatures that no one has ever heard of! This is told in a 3rd person point of view. The theme of this book is family because 2 families have to work together to escape this world and get back home.
This book took place in a foreign land when 5 kids get mysteriously washed up on the shore after they fell asleep on a boat. When one of the girls get taken, everyone has
Lindsay
May 24, 2017 rated it did not like it
I actually stopped reading this book halfway through because I couldn't stand the writing style. The viewpoint characters' internal monologues are more like exposition than seeing from their eyes (although it's 3rd person omniscient, it's far removed from their perspectives most of the time, although that was inconsistent). The strangers they meet act erratically, and I felt that barely anyone's actions were sufficiently justified by the motivations the author gave, partly because something woul ...more
Catherine Benson
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a great introduction to The Five Stones Trilogy! Love GA Morgan's writing!
Rebecca
Aug 18, 2014 rated it liked it
For the three Thompson brothers—asthmatic eldest Chase, charge-forward middle brother Knox, and lisping youngest Teddy—summer has always meant their mother’s old family summer house in Maine. This year they are joined by new neighbors Evelyn and Frankie, biracial sisters orphaned by the Haiti earthquake. Although forbidden to take the boat out when their parents are gone, due to their mother’s terror of the fog (she lost her own brother to it), Knox pushes it and the others eventually cave in. W ...more
Jessica
Sep 17, 2014 rated it liked it
A note to authors out there: If you ever want me to read your Fantasy book, compare it to The Chronicles of Narnia. Seriously. When I saw that G.A. Morgan's new book was billed as "the next Narnia", I had to read it! Those books fueled my childhood imagination, and I've re-read them many times since then. I was excited to see where The Fog of Forgetting would fall for me in comparison, and anxious to be introduced to a new world.

That being said, there were plenty of things about this debut novel
Tony Poole
Jul 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a really wonderful story and it delivers in many ways and on many levels !! The chapters flow on in nice size chunks and it's not easy to put the book down once you start reading. I especially liked the details of the various lands beyond the fog and the subtly different ways and customs of the people living there. The characters really grow up alot in this story.

Rather than thinking they already know where the story is headed I hope instead that people will give the book some time to de
Toastkat
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
Reading a book should never be a chore. Following the story and the journey of the characters should be as easy as breathing and walking. With "The Fog of Forgetting", however, it felt like a chore. A lot of time is spent setting up characters and building backgrounds and worlds, with very little payoff. I wasn't enchanted by the atmosphere or empathetic with the characters. Their journey wasn't one that kept me engaged, which is a pity because on paper, this is the sort of book I should enjoy. ...more
Laura Phelps
Aug 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: possiblemsba2014
The start of a new trilogy that begins on the Maine coast and ends up in the fantastical land of Ayda. Three siblings and their two new friends of Haiti get lost in the fog when they are out boating; the island that they are washed up on is in another land, and a dangerous one. Loved the start of their adventure and the concept, my attention waned a bit in the middle before deepening again at the end.
Jim
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Really liked this fantasy about five young people who stumble onto a mysterious, fog-hidden island and are drawn into an ageless conflict over the Five Stones of Ayda. In the Tolkien tradition without being derivative. Beautifully written with great characters (the three Thompson kids, their two girl friends, the godlike holders of the Stones, the larger-than-life catlike and doglike sidekicks), a full and varied world, an intriguing plot.
Patricia
Apr 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five adjective review: adventurious, page-turner, exciting, captivating, engaging! I will never look at the fog the same way again; I will now think of what may be beyond the fog. Can't wait for the next adventure for Chase, Knox, and friends. Will they remember and go back?
Anya
May 21, 2014 marked it as dnf
I stopped this one at page 119. The magic system is pretty stereotypical and explained through info dumps. There were times when I enjoyed the writing but I also got annoyed by certain style choices, especially the magic being called a person's "daylights" without any explained reason.
Donna
Oct 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Fantasy adventure. 5 children sail through fog and end up in another land, one that is in the past as far as living conditions go. There is adventure, friendship, fighting.
Genevieve Morgan
Dec 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved it, because I wrote it...
Jessica
Jul 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars
Review coming on August 4th when we cover this book over at The Book Bratz!
Emily
Jul 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5/5 review to come
Atty
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves
it was interesting especially since it was based in maine
Ariadne
Apr 25, 2016
Mariah Raichert
Apr 07, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

Five Stones Trilogy (3 books)
  • Chantarelle (The Five Stones Trilogy, #2)
  • The Kinfolk (Five Stones Trilogy #3)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Altered Carbon (Takeshi Kovacs, #1)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Kull: Exile of Atlantis
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
  • Gears of War  Aspho Fields
  • Midnight Robber
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Lion of Senet (Second Sons Trilogy, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • City
    $7.99 $1.99
  • You Suck (A Love Story, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • The Rules of Magic
    $11.99 $4.99
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • The Last One
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Abyss Beyond Dreams (Commonwealth: Chronicle of the Fallers, #1)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)