Start by marking “Beyond Me (Quinn and James, #1)” as Want to Read:
Beyond Me (Quinn and James, #1)

Beyond Me

(Quinn and James #1)

CAN FUN IN THE SUN TURN INTO LASTING LOVE?

Spring break in Key West with my besties was supposed to be casual fun. But I never expected to meet James Hunt. Sex and frolic? Yes! A relationship? No. But his hot blue eyes and confident manner drew me in. And when he let me see the man behind the mask, I fell hard, foolishly believing there could be a future for us. Of course
Published March 4th 2014 (first published March 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Beyond Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond Me

Start your review of Beyond Me (Quinn and James, #1)
Wendy'sThoughts
Mar 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 Sex on the Beach, Tasty, Steamy Stars * * * *

Beyond Me by Jennifer Probst is part of the Sex on the Beach group of quick novels which all reference each other. They follow 3 best friends; women who are in college, all searching to have some fun during Spring Break in Key West. Each of these novellas can be read alone, in different order or in the order with this being the second.

In this story we have Quinn, the focused, organized, hard working student. She never cuts loose as she expects herse
Michelle
***5 Spring Break Love Stars**

3bcad0f62640cab909667eb7a3599fad

I absolutely loved Beyond Me and devoured this amazing novella. Three best friends, Mackenzie, Cassie, and Quinn travel to the Key West for spring break and are on a quest to have some casual fun. And Beyond Me is Quinn Harmon's story.

On her first day in Key West,Quinn meets James Hunt at a house party. Sexual attraction and chemistry were in the air. Quinn and James's romance was a perfect balance of fun, sweet, and HOT. I loved Quinn's personality. She was sma
Raquel
Feb 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, new-adult, reviewed

I don't think I've ever read a book where Jennifer Probst has left me disappointed. From her Marriage to a Billionaire series to her Searching For series, Probst has a way of making me come back for more--and Beyond Me is no different! Having already read Between Us, I knew a little bit of Quinn's storyline, but not enough to form a solid opinion on her. I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know both Quinn and James--and dare I say it: I think these two are my favorite of the
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
Original review on Julalicious Book Paradise

So the next book in the Sex on the Beach series was written by Jennifer Probst. I didn't know what to think when I first realized that it was three people writing this series with each their own books, but my doubts were quickly erased from the first few pages of this book.

If Jen McLaughlin and Jennifer Probst both write differently, the transition was done smoothly and I didn't feel like I was reading two books so out of the reach from one another if
Nikki
Apr 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really liked this one. It was short, sweet and the perfect companion on a 3 hr flight to Cali :) It was also really hot, wasn't expecting that at all. So I guess maybe not quite the perfect plane companion cause I got a bit squirmy and didn't want the middle aged dude stealing my arm rest to get a peek. Anywho, I digress...Another good "in betweener" if you have read alot of tough, angsty stuff.
Risa Ann
Mar 11, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 beachy stars...

description

So I am going to be kind here, because this book wasn't bad it simply was what it was…

A quick read romance, meant to hit all the plot points in a limited amount of pages, wrapping it all up with a HEA and endless possibilities for the future of the two young lovers. I think it hit the mark.

Let’s break it down…..

Good girl with a somewhat rough upbringing vacations on spring break with girlfriends and has big plans of finally cutting loose and having a good…if not slightly
Kim
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads .

I looooooooved Beyond Me. I want to yell it from the rooftops. I want every person I know who enjoys sweet and sexy romances to read it. Beyond Me made me want to twirl around and sing and go on a sexy spring break myself. (Or vacation, at least, since I'm definitely not of spring break age anymore.) It was everything I wanted and more. All the warm fuzzies. All of them.

Quinn and James were perfection separately. Together, they were absolutely
Nicola
Mar 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book I've read in the Sex on the Beach series. Whilst linked, they can be read as standalones or together in any order and after reading Between Us by Jen McLaughlin, I launched straight into this. She set a high standard and Jennifer Probst matched it.

In fairness, I had high expectations as I'm no stranger to her books. She doesn't disappoint as Beyond Me is a hot, sexy and heartfelt holiday romance to lose yourself in. She's brought us a couple to love in Quinn and James and
Jillian Stein
Feb 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Beyond Me is a novella in the Sex on the Beach Series and being a big Jennifer Probst fan, I was so excited to get my hands on this story. Jennifer didn’t let me down. This story was just perfect!

On Spring Break in Key West with her two BFF’s, Quinn must venture out and meet a guy. Why, you ask? It was the deal her and her girlfriends had made. They wouldn’t be spending a ton of girl time together. They needed to branch out and get some action. Some guy action. It’s this deal that leads her to a
Dec 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Beyond Me by Jennifer Probst is part of the Sex on the Beach multi-author series, the stories are linked by three main characters who have all gone on holiday together for spring break and who are looking for a little romance to go along with their sun, sand and cocktails. The characters spend most of their time apart going off and having their own adventures but they do meet up occasionally so you'll get glimpses of all three of them in each story. The books can be read in any order and they ea ...more
Lindy
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Sex on the Beach Series are three different novella's that can be read as standalone stories, or all together. Between Us, by Jen McLaughlin, Beyond Me, by Jennifer Probst, and Before You, by Jenna Bennett, center around three best friends, Mac, Quinn, and Cassie, who decide to go to Key West for adventure, and to find a spring fling. The two girls are all staying at the same hotel that the successful, and wealthy, country singer, MacKenzie is staying at, and has generously paid for. For the ...more
Chu
Mar 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Review Originally Posted at: Book Freak

Three Friends. One Vacation. One Goal.

I’m on my second book of the SEX IN THE BEACH series – and who could have known that this nerd, uptight, good-doer would have the HOTTEST book in the series (so far!).

Indeed, opposite attracts, but James and Quinn makes up a one, hot, amazing couple.

She was a nerd who wants to save the world. She was the type of girl who wanted to make a difference. She wasn’t the outgoing type, and most likely to get a casual fling am
Laurie
Feb 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book in order to provide a review.

It has been a very long and cold winter around most of the country. That most of the country has not made a beeline to Florida is a miracle.....Beyond Me is a fun, sweet sexy story that puts the reader in not only a warmer climate, but also kicks up their body temperature with the chemistry between Quinn and James.

I really liked the book. I think Jennifer Probst wrote it in a voice that is a reflection of twentysomethings. Quinn and Ja
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
Feb 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
** I received a free copy of this book from the author for an honest review**

The author has again slipped out another corker of a book for all the New Adult book lovers.

Quinn and James were a very hot and spicy couple. We had sweet and sassy with Quinn who hid herself behind a shell of which she is a carer and loyal and a little boring. James and rich lonely young man brings her out of her shell and actually brings out the life in her.

Apart from being lonely James is lost and and had been drifti
Allyson
Feb 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was BLESSED to receive a Beyond Me ARC from the incredible talented author Jennifer Probst. Jennifer has knocked it out the park again. Jen has the title of New York and USA Today Bestselling Author for a reason PURE TALENT.

When Quinn Harmon eyes scan the bar at Key West over Spring Break, her eye found the gorgeous James Hunt a typical rich kid, you roll your eyes at 'to much money and no brain' What Quinn didn't expect there was more to James than meets the eye.

James was instantly attracted
Jaime ~ Fiction Fangirls
Mar 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blogged, arcs
4.5 Stars
As soon as I saw that Jennifer Probst would be a part of this series I knew that I couldn't wait to get my hands on her book. She never fails to write a story that sucks me in and paints such a clear picture of what's happening that I feel like I'm watching a movie in my head. This book was no exception.
It was a fast-paced, sweet and fun read that was a bit insta-love but done in the right way. There was very little angst and it was a bit predictable but not in a way that took anything
Tina
Feb 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
eARC provided for an honest review.

I LOVED this novella. Quinn was such a real character. She was sweet, sassy, and smart. I loved that she felt like the same character from the other novellas, but the writing style was really different. I enjoyed having different authors write the different novels in the series; it gave a very holistic feel. Quinn and James were, well...they were HOT. Their relationship was really steamy and fun. Where Mackenzie and Austin were all hearts and sweetness, Quinn a
Sharon
Feb 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Beyond Me by Jennifer Probst is one of three books in the Sex on the Beach Series. Quinn is on Spring Break with her two friends looking fun and a fling. James is rich doesn't work and comes to Key West every year with his friend to party.

Quinn is a person who looks to take care of everyone but herself. Quinn is kind and compassionate. James only has himself to take care of. James is use to getting his way. When they two meet there is an immediate spark.

I love how Jennifer Probst wrote the sto
Tangerine
Mar 14, 2014 rated it it was ok

2 ★s

I picked this up on a whim just to have something quick to read, pass time waiting on an appointment. The book did exactly what I needed it to do. It gave me something to do. It was a quick read, roughly a hundred and fifty pages. The story, itself, was just blah. It was boring and nothing new. The characters were likable and it wasn't written horribly. If more time was put into the story it could've been a lot better even with it being something that has been done before.

I, actually, feel
Bonnie
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
After reading all the books in the Married to a Billionaire Series (The Marriage Bargain, The Marriage Trap, The Marriage Mistake & The Marriage Merger) and reading all "3" books in the Steele Brothers Series (Catch Me, Play Me, Dare Me) and reading All the Way and The Tantric Principle and most recently Searching for Someday - I thought that I knew what to expect from author Jennifer Probst - I was blown away by Beyond Me.

It is am amazing story of friendship and love and has everything and the
Alison
Feb 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
ARC from author in exchange for an honest review...

I LOVE JENNIFER PROBST - just thought I would clear that up first.

This is a cracking read - very erotic but yet such a simple love story. The duel POV (which alternates with the chapters) is great, not at all confussing and gets us in the minds of both Quinn & James.

Although part of a set of books (with other talented writers) this is a standalone - although I will be getting the other two books to read to - Before You by Jenna Bennett & Between
Anne OK
Mar 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-reads
Jennifer Probst has written a great spring break fun in the sun novella. I absolutely adored the two main characters in this sweet and tender romance between young spring breakers. And the heat was on and it had nothing to do with the sun.

If you're looking for a quick and fun read with some spicy romance, look no further -- "Beyond Me" will put you on the beach with a smile on your face and a drink in your hand.

Note: Thanks to author Elizabeth Lee -- I won a copy of this book by merely hitting
Jenn Avery
Mar 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite of the Sex in the Beach series of books. Quinn is feisty and James is complicated and sexy. Probst does a gret job with both straddling the line of not making her characters too perfect or too bad. Their relationship is hot and steamy and makes me want to read more by the author.
Raj
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was ok
2 stars

It started okay then around 50% of the story, still okay, til the end, it was the same. Okay..

I did a fast read on this one, it wasn't really able to get my attention.The story is okay, Nothing too dramatic, and it ain't that interesting and there's nothing new about it. I don't even know why I read this one first after all the novels on my TBR list.

Mandy
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! I wish it was a lot longer - really loved James and Quinn! Very hot! I think this is the coolest idea - 3 books in a series written by 3 different authors - looking forward to reading the other 2 books!
Juliana
Mar 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I can't decide which one I love the most. James, Austin, or Tyler ... Can I have them all?
Feb 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
**A Complimentary copy provided by author for Blog Tour**

~~ 4 "Fun in the Sun" Stars ~~

Now I know why I will always read anything Jennifer Probst writes.....I thoroughly enjoy her writing and stories that she creates.  Beyond Me is part of a Series called Sex on the Beach.  There are two other authors in this series as well.  After reading this book...I think I need to read the other two books.  I love how Jennifer creates a story that is so relatable and realistic that you feel like a part of t
Rumpled Sheets Blog
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review
A beautiful and short love stories that leave you begging for more.

Three standalone connected novels.

Three friends Cassie, Quinn and Mackenzie went on a summer vacation with one goal.

In Beyond Me we have the story of Quinn Harmon and James Hunt. These two are totally opposite. But that is always the best combination. Quinn is a nerdy girl, shy and hard worker. James likes to have good time, to party, to sleep around.

This book is for sure the hottest one in the series.

In Between Us we have the s
Melissa
Apr 27, 2014 rated it liked it
First I think Quinn is a horrible name for a girl. The entire friends betting on girls is BS it made me think of the movie she's all that.
I first want to say that I HATE with an absolute passion that the three girls are on vacation and keep saying they can only meet someone if they spilt up. That's bullshit and I normally don't give reviews like this but I'm seriously pissed that such a wonderful author wrote a story in that manor. It prompts unsafe actions regardless of who may or may not be r

• Between Us (Mackenzie and Austin, #1)
  • Before You (Cassie and Ty #1; Sex on the Beach)
  • Eye of the Beholder (The Donovans, #5)
  • Royal Player (All-Stars, #1)
  • Spite Club (Mason Brothers #1)
  • Let Me Fall (Let Me, #5)
  • Losing Us (Mackenzie and Austin, #2)
  • Witch Weigh
  • Stripped (Travesty, #2)
  • Eri tu
  • Lucky Kisses (3:AM Kisses, #11)
  • Fever (Songbird, #1)
  • Not You It's Me (Boston Love, #1)
  • Passionate Addiction (Reckless Beat, #2)
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
  • Ignited (Most Wanted, #3)
  • Heated (Most Wanted, #2)
  • Caged in Winter (Reluctant Hearts, #1)
Jennifer Probst wrote her first book at twelve years old. She bound it in a folder, read it to her classmates, and hasn’t stopped writing since. She took a short hiatus to get married, get pregnant, buy a house, get pregnant again, pursue a master’s in English Literature, and rescue two shelter dogs. Now she is writing again.

She is the NYT, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of

Quinn and James (2 books)
  • Chasing Me (Quinn and James, #2)

News & Interviews