Start by marking “If He's Daring (Wherlocke, #6)” as Want to Read:
If He's Daring (Wherlocke, #6)

If He's Daring

(Wherlocke #6)

In a dazzling new novel in the Wherlocke family saga, New York Times bestselling author Hannah Howell creates an unforgettable story of intrigue, jeopardy, and desire. . .

Published October 7th 2014 by Zebra (first published August 25th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about If He's Daring, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If He's Daring

Monica **can't read fast enough**
I read If He's Daring as a stand alone story and although I really enjoyed this one, there are areas where there was missing context for me because I have not read the previous books. Even with that being true, Howell provided everything that I needed in order to enjoy this installment independently. The story opens with a bang and keeps the reader on a fast paced and fully developed story right up to the end.

Catrin is a strong willed woman who will do anything to protect her son and his legacy
Barbara ★
Hannah Howell has done it again (though a better cover model is definitely needed!). This one has lots of craziness, intrigue, desire and humor. Lady Catryn de Warrenne's son is kidnapped by his uncle who feels that his brothers inheritance should be his not his nephew's. Lady Catryn disagrees and chases him all across England with a little help from Giles (Sir Orion Wherlocke's son) who just happens to be inside the carriage she steals.

I've wanted Orion's HEA for a while now and was very satis
Fernanda Granzotto
Oct 12, 2017 rated it liked it
This book is much lighter and quicker to read than the others in the series (as far as I can remember)
I really liked the story and the characters.
I simply love the fact that children make such a big part of the books in this series, they are captivating.They give a special something to these stories!
Jonel
Sep 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Howell is vividly in your face from the first page of this novel. You can’t escape her upbeat writing or her captivating storytelling. Readers are drawn into the intricate world that she has crafted. Reality and fantasy merge in this one of a kind story. Howell captured my imagination and my heart throughout, making the story easy to follow and to picture.

The main characters in this novel are very easy to get to know and like. I thoroughly enjoyed Howell’s gradual character development throughou
Erin Burns
After reading the first five books in the series in fairly short order, I took a bit of a break and here I am on number 6. It was a good break and kind of gave my mind something to think about besides being immersed with the Wherlockes and Vaughns.

It was a fun story, despite some darker moments and incidents. Catrin and Orion are a very comfortable couple. There was travel, and adventure, a handful of adorable plot moppets, and of course, the indomitable Wherlocke-Vaughn family. THere were secre
Hasnamezied
May 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another great Wherlocke book by Hannah Howell. This one was really funny it started with the theft of Sir Orion's carrriage which was a common thing in the previous book. Just remembering that makes me smile . Also, Giles is really sweet kid. I have to mention too Aeddon , what a nice naughty ghost . Really enjoyable .
Dark Faerie Tales
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: A fast-paced historical romance that ultimately made me feel like something was missing, as I couldn’t completely invest myself in the romance.

Opening Sentence: The groan echoed through the small house, every note of it filled with pain and helpless fury.

The Review:

In the two years since her husband died, Catryn’s brother-in-law has been giving her nothing but problems in his quest to become heir to his brother’s estate. First, he proposed t
Tracy's Place
Oct 19, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 out of 5
Kiltsandswords
Sep 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
If He's Daring (wherlockes) by Hammah Howell

Overview by Amazon:
Stealing a stranger's carriage is the second most reckless thing Lady Catrin Gryffin de Warrene has ever done. The first is succumbing to her powerful attraction to the carriage's owner. Catrin has heard the rumours about Sir Orion Wherlocke's family and their otherworldly gifts. He's the one person who can keep her son and his inheritance safe from her late husband's ruthless brother. As for how to protect herself...it may be too la
Izy
Aug 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
ARC generously provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

Rating~ 4.25 stars.

I really love Hannah Howell's Wherlocke series, there is something very likeable about the whole family with their quirks and their gifts. This is the sixth book in the series and frankly I hope Howell writes more of them because there is so many fascinating characters who should get their own story.

This story is about Lady Catrin Gryffin de Warrene and Orion wherlocke.

Lady Catrin is a w
Marilyn Rondeau
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
In a continuation of the Wherelocke family saga, author Hannah Howell once again creates a fabulous story of intrigue, jeopardy, desire, and what I consider some very fun moments. After Lady Catryn de Warren arrives home to discover her son kidnapped and her father bruised and battered, she immediately sets out to rescue her boy! When her elderly mare comes up lame she does what seems absolutely essential and steals a strangers carriage leaving her lame mare in trade. What she didn’t realize at ...more
Beth
Aug 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
If He’s Daring is an engaging historical romance with a strong paranormal twist.

Lady Catrin Grffin De Warren’s son is abducted by his uncle, an uncle hopes to gain control over his deceased brother’s estate. Catrin, without male protection, goes out on her own to retrieve her son. When her horse comes up lame, she steals a carriage… a carriage belonging to none other than Sir Orion Wherlocke.

Everything in Orion’s body is screaming to run as fast as he can away from Catrin. She intrigues him like
Belinda
Aug 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I dearly love the Wherlocke family saga and it continues with a bang. Hannah Howell has done it again with adventure, mystery, and of course romance. If you have read this series, your fantasy will come alive in this one. You have a hunky, handsome and terribly arrogant male by the name of Sir Orion Wherlocke. His family has secrets that are unknown to people of the ton and he likes that way. But being in the service to the King, he's about to be blindsided by a lovely, red haired woman who turn ...more
Sally Hannoush
Aug 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I had a good time with this read. So many ups and downs from start to finish. It did make me laugh, giggle and smile. The story almost seemed like different books woven together yet the players were the same. A lot of paranormal elements infused with a cooky family is nothing but entertaining. Somehow this was able to work well with lessening the horrors of events that were present. Some of these things include a stolen child, kidnapping a mother, murder, rape and abandoning illegitimate childre ...more
Gentle
Oct 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm new to Hannah Howell's writing and won a copy on Goodreads. If He's Daring is a good strong historical romance. Catrin is one interesting spunky lady, and I liked her. The story has intrigue, love, betrayal, theft, passion, family secrets and all that good stuff that makes a story memorable. You want to know these characters, you get to like them. Hannah Howell has created a wonderful story with great characters.
Nikkole
May 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Slice of happiness

Love this series. Been a while since I've found a book I've enjoyed so much! Praying there are more .
Cenaida
May 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical, paranomal
A great book. Love reading about the Wherlocke and Vaughn there are definitely different kind of family.
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Favorite Quote: Cursing softly, he finally admitted to himself that he wanted to be her hero.

Sir Orion Wherlocke has spent most of his adult life avoiding commitment and marriage. A confirmed bachelor, his childhood and various family members has shown him that marriage for the Wherlockes and Vaughns only ends in pain and sorrow. He has his sons and is more than able to find someone to warm his bed when the urges comes upon him…and walk away when he’s done.

That is until he meets the one women he
Holly
If He's Daring has been languishing in my TBR for years. I absolutely adored Hannah Howell back in the day, but I'm afraid some of her magic has worn off. Still, I was in the mood and figured I'd give this one a try. The end was a bit strange. I saw it coming, of course, but I was hoping HH would go in a different direction. I'd also hoped to see a stronger emotional reaction from the heroine once she learned the depth of her husband's treachery.

At times Orion's back-and-forthing "Should I comm
Laura Marshall
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love all six

This is my second time reading of the IF books. I really enjoyed the gifts of Wherlocke and the Vaughan familys. This book can be read alone but is more interesting when you are familiar with all the members of the familys. The H/h are chasing after her bother in law who has kidnapped her son. But the highlight was his natural son Giles and the help that the Wherlocke family added.
Darcy Weber
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gifted or not?

When your only child is kidnapped by an idiot related to you by marriage, what can you do? Steal a carriage and chase after them, of course! The adventure that awaits Catryn and Orion is a fascinating tale that leaves you shocked, outraged, and holding your sides in laughter!
CaroMommie
Feb 24, 2018 rated it liked it
It wasn't a truly bad read, but it wasn't the best thing ever. The problem is, if you have all this help to call on during dangerous things times, and then don't, then getting kidnapped and beat up is just crazy. It made no sense.

I read it to keep up with the story of future character stories.
TinaMarie
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Victoria
May 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Meh although I did like how forthright everyone was. No beating around the bush.
Brian Wallace
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read

Good read, light and fun banter. Love the ending. Gives more insight into the family and the history of keeping the family secrets
Jody
Sep 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, library
Cute with Alywen repeating everything his Papa says. So new elements that break up this series. Still going to finish it eventually!
Dpic
Oct 22, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance
Enjoyable. fluff
Patty McKenna Van Hulle
A poked Mama Bear, a mystical hero & 2 "hit you right in the heart" boys go on a paranormal rollercoaster ride!

Lady Catryn Gryffin de Warrene is a widow from a loveless marriage, but was blessed with a son, Alwyn. Cat's mom told her she was odd as a child because she could sense danger & her mom said it was a dirty secret that no 1 could be told. Now her son chats with dead people which freaks people out, so she has taught him to hide his secret, too. Since Awlyn's sperm donor death, his
Mary
Sep 02, 2014 rated it really liked it

The Wherlockes are back in Hannah Howell’s latest novel about the outcast family with psychic abilities. While the story is a solid one, this novel lacks some of the oomph of the earlier books in this series and took a turn toward the predictable. But for all its faults, it is still an above average read and Howell fans will want to add this sixth book about the Wherlockes to their collection. Those who have not read any of the previous books will find thi
Shauni
Originally reviewed for Bodice Rippers, Femme Fatales and Fantasy.

Ready for some crazy calamities and mysterious talent? Hannah Howell once again steps into the world of the Wherlockes and the Vaughans a family that has quietly come to power over the ages. A family of some serious talent where spouses tend to leave and children are left feeling lost and abandoned. A family where everyone has some sort of psychic skill, not that they wanted it, it's just like have blue eyes or being left handed,
  • Born to Die (Blood Red Bells Saga, #1)
  • Once a Rake (Drakes Rakes, #4)
  • Highland Hearts
  • Entwined (Darkest London, #3.5)
  • One More Kiss (Pennistan, #5)
  • His Seduction (MacGruder Brothers, #5)
  • Every Time with a Highlander (Sirens of the Scottish Borderlands, #3)
  • Kill or Be Kilt (Highland Spies, #3)
  • Secrets of Seduction (Legendary Lovers, #3)
  • Promised to the Highlander  (The Highland Chiefs, #2)
  • Fragments of Grace (Dragonblade Trilogy, #0.5)
  • Stolen Magic (Guardians, #2)
  • The Highlander's Dangerous Temptation (The MacLerie Clan #7)
  • Highlander for the Holidays (Highlander, #8)
  • A Howl for a Highlander (Heart of the Wolf, #10)
  • Sanctifying Grace
  • Knight of My Dreams
  • Legend of the Highland Dragon (Highland Dragon, #1)
Hannah Dustin Howell is a best-selling American author of over 40 historical romance novels. Many of her novels are set in medieval Scotland. She also writes under the names Sarah Dustin, Sandra Dustin, and Anna Jennet (see below).

She has also used the following pseudonyms:
Anna Jennet, Sarah Dustin and Sandra Dustin

Wherlocke (7 books)
  • If He's Wicked (Wherlocke, #1)
  • If He's Sinful (Wherlocke, #2)
  • If He's Wild (Wherlocke, #3)
  • If He's Dangerous (Wherlocke, #4)
  • If He's Tempted (Wherlocke, #5)
  • If He's Noble (Wherlocke, #7)