Start by marking “The tale of Wobbly Jim and a Parrot named Sue” as Want to Read:
The tale of Wobbly Jim and a Parrot named Sue

The tale of Wobbly Jim and a Parrot named Sue

Small friends can make big allies. Wobbly Jim is the tale of a pirate with a wooden leg and a taste for dolphin wee. His is a story of triumph over adversity, friendship, loyalty and adventure.

Once there was a pirate and his name was Wobbly Jim.
He used to have two legs but a shark took one from him.
So now his leg is wooden and it doesn't fit quite right.
He polishes it with
Paperback, 1, 32 pages
Published November 2013 by Vivid Publishing

Start your review of The tale of Wobbly Jim and a Parrot named Sue
Tasha Lawton
Nov 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I kid you not, my 8 year old son read and re-read this book 6 times in one sitting, laughed out loud and started listing people who needed to read it - I recommend it to anyone at any stage or age!!!
Kelly
Dec 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I was lucky enough to read The Tale of Wobbly Jim and a Parrot named Sue as part of a Goodreads Giveaway so a big thanks to Kate Toon for the opportunity. This, however, only influenced this review in that I took small notes throughout my read to provide a more thorough description of my experience.

This is one of the best children's fiction books I've read in a while! The story is exciting, swashbuckling and rollicking, the rhymes are hilarious and the illustrations are perfect. The characters
Annetta Mallon
Nov 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A quirky, gently-rollicking story of a pirate, his ship, a new friend, an old friend, & some seriously giddy foodstuffs make it all a great story for the young ones. It’s cleverly written, & long enough to keep it interesting for an older pre-schooler, while the illustrations are beautifully presented & will engage all readers as the story unfolds.

For the not-so-young, the illustrations are a joy because they reference adult book genres, current culture, & have some fresh takes on piratical sta
Stephanie Ward
Dec 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways, kidlit
Love this hilarious children's book! In fact, it's one of very few books that my husband and I both look forward to reading to our toddler (over and over again).

Wobbly Jim is the sweetest, one-legged, nearly toothless pirate you'll ever meet. He sails the world with his only companion, a teddy bear named Dave, and one day helps an injured parrot who becomes his new friend. By the end of the story, Wobbly Jim and Sue the Parrot, seem like an old, familiar couple that enjoy life together leagues
Billyjean
Nov 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Got this book through the Pozible crowdfunding and absolutely love it. Have read it every night since we gave it to my daughter for Christmas, often more than once! Funny, rhyming, rhythmical and fun for mum and dad to read too.

Can't wait to give my nephews a copy for their birthday coming up!
Kate
Nov 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
How great is it when a book that looks and sounds so cute reveals itself to have a beautiful message? We all loved reading about the unexpected and enduring friendship, and especially loved the extra giggles for us Mums waiting to be found in the illustration. The imagery is lovely, and the illustration has a lovely old-school feel.
Melissa
Nov 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a gorgeous book that kids of all ages will enjoy, especially any pirate crazy kids. The illustrations are delightful and it's a fun story with a lot of giggles.
Matt Deighton
Jan 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Best kids book ever. My lad loves it more than you can imagine.
Kate Toon
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Tis the best pirate book ever!!
Zac Khalinsky
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wobbly Jim’s ship crashes after he meets a parrot called Sue. Can they work together to fix it?

It was a very enjoyable book. It was also very funny and is a good book to read to my cousins. It’s one of their favourite books!

Kids who like pirates will love this book.
Trish
Alyson Buxey
Aug 08, 2017
Stephanie
Jan 23, 2019
Kate Toon is a writer, poet, and copywriter living on the Central Coast, NSW, with her husband and son.

She's had lots of short plays performed across Australia, in the US, Europe, Singapore and the UK and her plays have won awards and been made into short films.

An active member of the Australian Poetry Society and recently signed with literary agents Curtis Brown.

Gone Dotty is her first poetry c

News & Interviews