Start by marking “Hello There, We've Been Waiting for You!” as Want to Read:
Hello There, We've Been Waiting for You!

Hello There, We've Been Waiting for You!

When Madison McGee is orphaned and forced to live with her wacky grandmother in boring old Truth or Consequences, New Mexico, she’s pretty sure nothing will ever be right again. Her grandmother is addicted to TV shopping shows. Her only neighbors are a crazy lady and a vicious junkyard mutt. And she misses her old life something fierce. Could it get any worse?

A jeans and T
Published September 17th 2013 by Prospecta Press

To ask other readers questions about Hello There, We've Been Waiting for You!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hello There, We've Been Waiting for You!

Ivonne Rovira
Jun 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: the young and young at heart
Recommended to Ivonne by: Amazon Kindle Daily Deal
When her mother dies of a heart attack at just 33 years old, 11-year-old Madison McGee finds herself transported from Washington State to the alien territory of Truth or Consequences, N.M., to live with her peculiar and self-absorbed grandmother, Florida Brown. The bleached blonde Mrs. Brown is so terrified of aging that she dons inappropriate miniskirts and high heels, drives a gold Cadillac, trowels on face cream and makeup, and insists that Madison call her by her first name.

“I don’t want to
Michelle
Aug 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Middle Grade
Shelves: kidslit
Disclosure: I received a copy of this book in a Goodreads Giveaway. I was not financially compensated in any way. The opinions expressed are my own and are based on my observations while reading this novel.

I have two daughters: an 11 year old, and a 9 year old. Hello There, We've Been Waiting for You, was our bed time read aloud.... and we LOVED it!

Every night the girls were anxious to hear more about Madison's adventures! And what fun adventures they were. The characters are so well written. Ma
Lisa
Jun 07, 2014 rated it liked it

I picked this one up on a whim when it was a daily deal. It looked really cute, and it was! Laurie B. Arnold does a great job giving an authentic voice to the character of Madison McGee, a real charmer of a girl. Her mother has died unexpectedly and she's now stuck with Florida: her shopping-show-obsessed grandmother, and she's none too happy about it. The character of Florida is a trip. There are some great characters in this one, and it's written in a very charming way that feels genu
Audrey
Sep 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a great early teen book... a strong girl, exploring her world, facing family shifts... with some magic thrown in for adventure. She learns how to deal with a "mean girl" and to appreciate family, including family of your own making.
Sue Morris
I enjoyed reading Hello There, We’ve Been Waiting for You! The television transporting you into shows is a great idea. The author knows how to write humorously and pace the story. I read it through twice and enjoyed the second reading as much as the first. Madison starts out rather slow but soon develops into a character I could root for. She finds a friend in a lonely, neglected, and abused bulldog named Leroy. He is a scraggly mutt until Madison washes away all the grime the dog has lived in, ...more
Lindsey
Jun 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome book!!

For a kids book I loved it!! I couldn't put it down. The author did amazing job with the characters. I recommend it for everyone to read not just kids. :)
Natasha  Briggs
Aug 25, 2013 rated it liked it
First I must say thank you to Goodreads for my signed copy!!!

Madison feels like her world ended when she was forced to go live with her grandmother in New Mexico. She is not quite sure how she is going to survive until a little magic helps her along. She is taken on a wild adventure that shows her how a person can turn their life around and that everything works out in the end no matter what happens. Madison's journey is exciting and funny.

I would recommend this book for the younger crowd, but
Madison
Oct 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone!
"Hello There, We've Been Waiting for You!" is one of those books that should be enjoyed by all readers looking for something fun and entertaining. Whether you are 12 or 50 there is SO much to love about this novel. Each page I turned, a new mystery awaited. Madison McGee was such a pleasant girl who craved adventure in the small town of Truth or Consequences. When I started reading, I couldn't stop fro one second.I read through all 170 pages at once! When I finished, I was actually quiet sad tha ...more
Suzanne
Feb 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Full Disclosure - I have to admit right off the spot that I'm old school and when asked to read a self-published novel, I immediately worry. I know, I know, it's a bit of snobbery on my part. I cling to preconceptions. So I was thrilled to find that this book, written by the talented Laurie B. Arnold, was a fun, adventure-packed, and endearing book. There's definitely a Winn Dixie-esque ambiance, with a magical twist. And I'm a sucker for a story that explores the mother-daughter-grandmother rel ...more
Ingrid
Jul 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Madison has to go live with her grandmother in Truth or Consequences, NM after the sudden death of her mother. Madison and her grandmother are very different and Madison is quite unhappy living with her, but then she meets a neighbor, Rosalie who went to high school with her mother. A magical TV also appears at Madison's house that can zap you into a TV show. Madison and her grandmother wind up in a reality survivor show. Although the TV sounds quite crazy, I did enjoy the book and think that ki ...more
Mnmstaten
Mar 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I read this book with my 5th grader, who bought it because the author visited his school--and the book takes place in Truth or Consequences, New Mexico (yes, that's a real place!) I wasn't sure I would like it--based on the premise that a girl and her grandmother get sucked into their TV--but the themes of friends and family helping each other were well-developed, and the characters were endearing.
Morgen Love
Jun 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this book for free from A Goodreads giveaway. I really enjoyed reading it and was constantly entertained by it. I read it all in one sitting because I couldn't put it down. Id recommend anyone to read it. From a 10 year old to a 60 year old. Its a book that can be enjoyed by all audiences.
Jamie
Jul 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book and would recommend it to middle grade kids, especially girls. It has a likable 11-year old protagonist, humor, some adventure and a small dose of magic. The main character recently lost her mother but it's handled in such a way that the book is not heavy or depressing.
Tj Shay
Oct 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
It took me a few chapters to get fully into the book ( which could have been me ), but it is a great story
Laurie
Nov 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Appeals more to 6th graders - local connections, setting is Truth or Consequences
Tanya
  • The Perpetual Papers of the Pack of Pets
  • A Smidgen of Sky
  • Lost in London
  • Sea Monster and the Bossy Fish
  • Venom of the Serpent's Cunning (Andy Smithson, #2)
  • Millicent Marie Is Not My Name
  • The Dragons of Pan Gu
  • Cupcake Cousins (Cupcake Cousins, #1)
  • Return To Cardamom
  • The Monstore
  • Sir Princess Petra (The Pen Pieyu Adventures #1)
  • Diggers Go
  • When Lunch Fights Back: Wickedly Clever Animal Defenses
  • The Timekeeper’s Moon (Farwalker Trilogy, #2)
  • Scary School
  • The Adventures of Sir Gawain the True (Knights' Tales, #3)
  • James Clyde and the Diamonds of Orchestra
  • Chained
Laurie grew up in Los Angeles, moving steadily up the west coast after high school, and now lives in a house on a rocky beach on Bainbridge Island, WA. where contrary to popular belief, it doesn’t rain every day. Not that she doesn’t welcome the drippy skies. On dreary days she stays happily glued to her office chair, tapping away on her computer instead of being tempted outside into her garden wh ...more