Start by marking “The Polaris Protocol (Pike Logan, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Polaris Protocol (Pike Logan, #5)

The Polaris Protocol

(Pike Logan #5)

Taskforce operators Pike Logan and Jennifer Cahill are used to putting their lives at risk, but in The Polaris Protocol it’s Jennifer’s brother and countless more innocents who face unfathomable violence and bloodshed.

Pike and Jennifer are in Turkmenistan with the Taskforce—a top-secret antiterrorist unit that operates outside US law—when Jennifer gets a call from her
Published January 14th 2014 by Dutton

To ask other readers questions about The Polaris Protocol, please sign up.
Norby OK, parent, step up and read the book. Goodreads people are, in general, intelligent people; but guess what? 14 year-olds come in all flavors of…moreOK, parent, step up and read the book. Goodreads people are, in general, intelligent people; but guess what? 14 year-olds come in all flavors of maturity. You know your son/daughter; your call.(less)

Start your review of The Polaris Protocol (Pike Logan, #5)
Patrice Hoffman
Nov 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
I have been interested in reading a Brad Taylor novel for some time now. I've received tons of recommendations and friends urging me to start his Pike Logan series. After reading Polaris Protocol I can see why it was essential to get my hands on this thrilling series.

After being initially being declined by Netgalley to read Polaris Protocol, I was certain my hopes of fulfilling this need to become acquainted with Pike Logan was DOA. With a heavy heart, I reluctantly opened a second email saying
Mike (the Paladin)
Okay....I went 3 stars on this one and it's a little charitable to that high in some ways.

I have liked the Pike Logan books I've read before this and if I go into detail about the problems here it will entail some spoilers. Here I'll simply say that while the books all have a strong strain of fantasy built into the action/geopolitics this steps into a "story place" that I found annoying and would have...frankly...destroyed the team dynamic.

In the end the story works out but the plot device
Jeffrey
Brad Taylor's Pike Logan anti-terrorist thriller series travels down the well worn "kidnapping plot" line, but Taylor finds a way to make the familiar new by combining it with an interesting take on using technology against the USA.

Pike Logan, his girlfriend Jennifer Cahill, Knuckles, Decoy and Blood are all undercover operators for Taskforce, an uber secretive clandestine service used to find terrorists and identify them for a secret USA government counsel, that then decides if the terrorists
Samuel
Aug 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
BACK ON TRACK:

In the previous book of the Pike Logan series, "The Widow's Strike", I noted that the author, Brad Taylor appeared to be suffering a sophomore slump. For starters, there was only one competent villain in the book and it seemed that The Taskforce was having an easy time instead of working for their paycheck in one of the challenging and horrifying situations they had gone through in the previous books. In "The Polaris Protocol" however, the author has improved on the previous book,
Melissa
Love this installment of the adventures of Pike and Jennifer. The tension is really high in this one. Taylor also does an excellent job of further developing the character of Pike and Jennifer while bringing back a character from my {so far} favorite of the series Enemy of Mine. It's a windy, twisty, turvy plot that you wonder how he's going to get from beginning to end, but it all comes together with a big bang (literally) and a very satisfactory ending.

Highly recommend this series for fans of
Nick Brett
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
One of the better books in the series (so far). Logan and the Taskforce once again doing their bit to protect the USA. I liked the less obvious route this takes, there is a major threat (someone who can shut down the GPS system) but a lot is thrown into the mix. Logan is still a Mitch Rapp type of operator (well, how Rapp was a few books ago anyway) but it takes him a while to buy into the threat and there is a Mexican cartel element and a Middle East element, all with slightly differing ...more
Travis Starnes
Apr 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read in this series and Taylor does really good job onboarding new readers before setting off on high adventure. The prolog to the book has Pike and Jennifer, and the rest of the taskforce team, finishing up a mission. Much like the start to a James Bond film this works really well as a device to introduce the characters and give a sense of their personalities and yet have something fun to read for readers who are already familiar with the series. By the time the ...more
Tim
Sep 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another action story by the extremely knowledgeable and talented Brad Taylor. This could easily be 5 stars, but I nit-pick at the almost juvenile relationship between jealous Pike and Jennifer. Less of that makes this novel more focused and rewarding. In addition, the ending could have been embellished more around the consequences of the final actions taken. 8 of 10 stars
Kashif
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Polaris Protocol is a thrilling read with a healthy diet of action, thrills, romance and wonderful evolution of characters that readers have come to love in the Pike Logan series. The thrilling narrative of an attack on Global Positioning System that can prove to be catastrophic since almost every major aspect of infrastructure now depends on GPS. Mr. Taylor presents a scary scenario of this aspect and infuses realistic action and storytelling into the narrative that kept me glued to the ...more
Mojo Shivers
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The series may have started off shaky for my tastes, but by this fifth installment it seems to have hit its stride. Not only was the inciting incident realistic and timely, but the plot managed to be just on this side of dramatic without being over-the-top. The action scenes were tense and detailed as always.

More surprising was how effective the personal plot line of the Taskforce finding out about Pike and Koko’s secret was. I bought it completely. It didn’t feel out of place or mishandled by
Bryan
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
By far my least favorite of the series so far (first 5 Books). The first half of the book Jennifer, an otherwise enjoyable character in the previous books, acted like a spoiled teenager. This troubled me greatly. Once the issue with her brother was resolved, she was back to normal. The second half of the book was excellent. I should have rated it 3.5 stars, but went with 4.
Tom Tischler
Jan 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Pike Logan and Jennifer Cahill two members of Taskforce a
top secret antiterrorist unit that operates outside the U.S.
are in Turkmenistan when Jennifer gets a call from her
brother Jack. He is a reporter investigating Mexican drug
cartels and he unknowingly gets caught between two rival
groups. He manages to call his sister right before he is
kidnapped. In their effort to help Jack, Pike and Jennifer
encounter more than just drug deals. They uncover a GPS hack
who can wreck the U.S. GPS system. He
Douglas Barrow
Aug 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A device that can cripple the United States GPS system, at will? That can't be good, especially if it falls into the hands of a terrorist organization. But before that we still have to deal with Mexican drug cartels? Once again the Pike, Jennifer and the Taskforce are knee deep in across the border missions dealing with, drug gang thugs, traitors, assassins and or nefarious types in this fast moving tale. At a couple of points I thought I would get lost in the number of characters in the story ...more
L.A. Starks
Feb 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a must-read for anyone who likes earlier books by Taylor or books by Vince Flynn, Jamie Freveletti, Ben Coes, Joseph Finder, Daniel Silva, or Alex Berenson.

Taylor gets the dialogue, research, and "tools" just right. He keeps the tension high in every scene yet involves readers with the characters. It's a tough balance and Taylor pulls it together well.
 Reading Divergence
I love a good political/espionage thriller, and this one is excellent! From the reader's hook to the final page, the action, adventure, Big-Picture issues, and leavening humour and character interaction proceed nonstop. I'm off to read all of this series; you should too!
Pierre Tassé
May 17, 2018 rated it liked it
A good book. Lots of plots and subplots. A bottom line of everything is not black or white. A glimpse into Cartels and to top it off, another organization that isn't suppose to operate in their home country but end up doing so anyways. Good book - I found it a tad long.
Brad Davide
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pike-logan
Cool concept! A believable plot involving a pseudo-Snowden who bites off more whistle than he can blow...

The Polaris Protocol gives us a three-course dinner of bad guys, including a Mexican Deadpool without the suit, the coke bottle glasses dude from PL #3 and a nerdy computer hacker who’s developed an outrageously dangerous software program. The threat is an interruption to the worlds GPS satellites, which at first glance seems very unglamorous. At first you’re thinking, so Google Maps won’t
Ed
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
#5 in the Pike Logan series. This 2014 series entry by author Brad Taylor is an above average series entry. I found the description of the "GPS Constellation" to be excessively technical hard to comprehend. As it turns out, the general description was quite understandable and the technical matters didn't really effect the plot. For example, the description of the computer display looking like a 197os stereo equalizer board and then a description of the workings of each slide control was ...more
Andrew
Pike Logan, his girlfriend/operational partner Jennifer Cahill and the rest of the secretive Taskforce unit are on the hunt for the titular POLARIS protocol, a computer program that interfered with the Global Positioning Satellite. Caught up in the fast-moving mix are Middle Eastern terrorists, wannbe-Edward Snowden types, Mexican drug cartels and even Jennifer's journalist brother, Jack.

Another good Pike Logan thriller, in which I learnt more about GPS than I ever thought I would. As I have
Pete
Similar to the previous novel with the emphasis on signal technology. This time the GPS is being targeted by the terrorists. A bit convoluted early on but the story gets stronger as things progress. The Ghost character makes a return here, so on balance this is probably the best series entry so far.
Todd Kelley
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yet again another awesome book from Brad Taylor. He once again knocks it out of the ball park. He keeps you on the edge of your seat. I love how he incorporates real life ideas and stuff into his books
Rick Carlson
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Read

This book kept me interested from page 1 to the end. As I understand the need for overwatch and the Task Force, I hope that others are reading these books so they understand why we have the Special Forces Operators watching over us.
Jon
Excellent installment in Pike Logan series, my favorite one so far. The plot involves terrorists and the Mexican cartels. So it’s part Vince Flynn and part Don Winslow. It has great action scenes, but Taylor still needs to work on his endings.
Rick
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: action
Pike, Jennifer are back at it with the Taskforce in what begins as an off the books mission to rescue Jennifer's kidnapped brother. It takes a turn for the worst as it is discovered that the kidnapping is just on the fringe of a plan that could threaten the security of the US.
Matt S
Nov 13, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy Read, Entertaining

Thought provoking too about how if our satellite constellation was compromised, our society would go "apocalyptic" quick. Enjoyed the book, quick read and entertaining throughout.
Garry Thompson
May 07, 2017 rated it liked it
I had already read this book, but forgot to update my list. I was about 1/4 thru the book before I recognized the plot. It was a good reread... Makes you wonder just how much we depend on the GPS satellites. I give the book a 3.5 star rating.
Robert Berry
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it

Pike Logan and Jennifer Cahill try to rescue her brother from the cartel.
the cartel that put a target on Jack's back has discovered a GPS hack with the power to effectively debilitate the United States.
Robert Dunn
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another romping adventure of Pike and Jennifer. I like this series.
Al Menaster
Jun 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Next in the Pike Logan series. Original plot, well paced.
Tony Seel
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've read the first five books of this series, and this one is the best, imo.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Rules of War (Logan West #4)
  • State of Emergency (Jericho Quinn, #3)
  • Backlash (Scott Harvath, #19)
  • Mission Critical (Gray Man, #8)
  • Independence Day (Dewey Andreas, #5)
  • Lethal Agent (Mitch Rapp #18)
  • First Strike (Dewey Andreas, #6)
  • Ballistic (Gray Man, #3)
  • Hidden Order (Scot Harvath #13)
  • Back Blast (Gray Man, #5)
  • The Last Refuge (Dewey Andreas, #3)
  • True Believer (James Reece, #2)
  • Dead Eye (Gray Man, #4)
  • Act of Terror (Jericho Quinn, #2)
  • Red War (Mitch Rapp, #17)
  • The Russian (Rob Tacoma #1)
  • Blowback (Scot Harvath, #4)
  • Spymaster (Scot Harvath, #18)
Brad Taylor served for more than twenty-one years in the U.S. Army, retiring in 2010 as a Special Forces Lieutenant colonel. During that time he held numerous infantry and special operations positions, including eight years in 1st Special Forces Operations Detachment—Delta, popularly known as the Delta Force, where he commanded multiple troops and a squadron.

He has conducted operations in support

Pike Logan (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • One Rough Man (Pike Logan, #1)
  • All Necessary Force (Pike Logan, #2)
  • Enemy of Mine (Pike Logan, #3)
  • The Widow's Strike (Pike Logan, #4)
  • Days of Rage (Pike Logan, #6)
  • No Fortunate Son (Pike Logan, #7)
  • The Insider Threat (Pike Logan, #8)
  • The Forgotten Soldier (Pike Logan, #9)
  • Ghosts of War (Pike Logan, #10)
  • Ring of Fire (Pike Logan, #11)
“easy to second-guess decisions but damn hard to make them.” 0 likes
“his life was worth less than his honor. Flesh and blood were frail and fleeting. Honor was forever.” 0 likes