Start by marking “Flight In Yiktor (Moon Magic, #3)” as Want to Read:
Flight In Yiktor (Moon Magic, #3)

Flight In Yiktor

(Moon Magic #3)

A crippled child seeking courage and identity.
An exiled sorceress seeking redemption.
A spaceman in an alien's body, seeking justice.

Three quests joined together beneath a moon of three rings - an adventure novel brimming with all the warmth, invention and magic that are uniquely Andre` Norton's.

(Source: back cover)

Orphaned, deformed, Farree was a beastmerchant's slave in a
Mass Market Paperback, 251 pages
Published 1988 by Methuen Teens (first published 1986)

Mir
May 21, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-fiction
WHY would anyone name their made-up higher-power Molester? WHY?!

I'm serious. Why? Nortonophiles, if this is explained in some other book of hers please cue me in.

And may the wands of the Moon Singers be over you in the name of Molester.
Barbara
Jan 15, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sf
This book is the third in a series featuring Krip Vorlund and Maelen but is told from the point of view of a new character Farree. However, it can be read as a standalone.

Being an Andre Norton novel it is a coming of age story. Again, being a Andre Norton book the world building is very good. Reading this as a (rather) mature adult, I still found the Free Trader universe as fascinating as I did when I first encountered it as a teenager. I'd still sign up on a Free Trader in a heartbeat.

But, the
Valerie
The 3rd book in the Krip Vorlund/Maelen series, shifting the point of view to a newly added character.

I should say that if the ending is meant to be a surprise, it's not very well hidden, given the cover picture.
Beverly
Wilson E. Stevens Sr.
This third tale continues the sage of the rescue of Dung, a hunchbacked cripple from Grant's World, and his spider friend Toggor brings him home to his people, where he is not as welcome as he thought he would be. The crew of the ship he travels on is carrying strange treasures, to be brought to a religions vaults to be used for who knows what kind of rites. The priest accompanying the treasure sabotaged the ship, forcing it to land on a planet called Sekhmet, which is not as uninhabited as it i ...more
Doris
Apr 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This third tale continues the sage of the rescue of Dung, a hunchbacked cripple from Grant's World, and his spider friend Toggor (view spoiler). The crew of the ship he travels on is carrying strange treasures, to be brought to a religions vaults to be used for who knows what kind of rites. The priest accompanying the treasure sabotaged the ship, forcing it to land on a planet called Sekhmet, whi ...more
Cinnamingirl
This book introduce the character of Farree, and I felt like there wasn't much plot, really - just a kind of predictable character development that I hope will be resolved in the next book, 'Dare to Go A-Hunting.' Honestly, I was kinda disappointed. This book left a lot of strings dangling and I was kinda disappointed with the lack of plot development.
H.L. Stephens
Mar 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very interesting read and I have to admit, the cover drew me into the story idea more than the description. I was more a fan of the Witch World series than any of the others but I gave this book a chance because it just seemed interesting. I enjoyed it.
gabrielle
Aug 23, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to gabrielle by: Rebekah
This is a wonderful story, I just didn't really get into the way it was told. I think I've run into this problem with Norton before.
Daniel
Dec 29, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alright the first few chapters were a little slow and confusing. but by the end the book was really good, and those earlier chapters make sense in the overall context.
P.D.R. Lindsay
Feb 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sf-fantasy
One of Norton's best novels and a satisfying read.
Emaly
Jul 11, 2012
Robert Kania
Sep 19, 2017

• Silver Diamond 5
  • Midnight Revelations (Werelove #2)
  • The Fire and the Light (Souls of Aredyrah, #1)
  • Liaden Universe ® Companion [Volume One]
  • DearS, Vol. 1
  • Vermonia #2: Call of the Winged Panther
  • A Trace of Memory
  • The Survivors (Hunters #2)
  • Mers
  • Journey Between Worlds
  • Mountain Magic
  • Through the Eye of a Needle (Needle, #2)
  • City of Darkness
  • Lamarchos
  • The Spell-Bound Scholar (Warlock's Heirs, #3)
  • Dragon and Thief (Dragonback, #1)
  • Children Of Tomorrow
  • Treaty at Doona (Doona, #3)
Alice Mary Norton always had an affinity to the humanities. She started writing in her teens, inspired by a charismatic high school teacher. First contacts with the publishing world led her, as many other contemporary female writers targeting a male-dominated market, to choose a literary pseudonym. In 1934 she legally changed her name to Andre Alice. She also used the names Andrew North and Allen ...more

Moon Magic (5 books)
  • Moon of Three Rings (Moon Magic, #1)
  • Exiles of the Stars (Moon Magic, #2)
  • Dare to Go A-Hunting (Moon Magic, #4)
  • Brother to Shadows (Moon Magic #5)