Start by marking “Every Witch Way But Wicked (Wicked Witches of the Midwest, #2)” as Want to Read:
Every Witch Way But Wicked (Wicked Witches of the Midwest, #2)

Every Witch Way But Wicked

(Wicked Witches of the Midwest #2)

Where there’s a witch, there’s a way! Where there’s a whole family of them, there’s trouble. Bay Winchester, editor of Hemlock Cove’s small weekly newspaper, thinks her small hamlet’s upcoming murder mystery weekend is going to be all about fun, food and frolicking. Instead, when another dead body is discovered in Hemlock Cove, things turn into murder, mayhem and migraines ...more
Published March 26th 2013 by WinchesterShaw Publications

To ask other readers questions about Every Witch Way But Wicked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Every Witch Way But Wicked

Start your review of Every Witch Way But Wicked (Wicked Witches of the Midwest, #2)
Sharon Mariampillai
Actual Rating: 4.15

This was an enjoyable read. I thought Book 2 was way better than Book 1. The characters were still enjoyable and funny. Also, I was happy to see more magic and mystery in this book. I thought the story was well-written, and I was really enjoying myself. Also, I have to say that I love Aunt Tillie. She may be old, but damn can she make me laugh. She is sassy, funny, and snarky as hell. I love how she makes the cousins fear for her. Also, she seems to be the most caring woman in
Leslie Miner
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a fun series. The banter between the cousins, aunts and great Aunt Tillie is so entertaining. This is the second book in the series and another murder has happened in the town of Hemlock Cove. So far the books in this series could be considered stand alones, although there is the unfinished business between Bay and Landon. The murders are solved in each book, though, and the author does a fantastic job at giving us details and back story from book 1 in book 2. I can't wait to read the ...more
Berit☀️✨
Oct 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I’d really love to be a witch(Some days I spend all day practicing)....

These Winchester witches are so much fun! This is the second book in the series and it was even better than the first, but not quite as good as the third (I’ve already read that)....There was definitely more of a mystery in this book, however I did find it a little disconcerting that the town still had their murder mystery weekend after an actual murder took place(But who am I to judge?).... there was also a little more magic
Alice Liu
Nov 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am officially addicted to this series. Every Witch Way But Wicked continues with the open, defensive game playing (i.e. you don't have to outrun a bear, you just have to throw your cousin in front of it) among the Winchester clan. However, this time the men in Bay's life get a good taste of crazy Aunt Tillie. Their abject terror is hilarious, and had me looking forward to the Winchester family dinners. But beyond their reaction to the all out "crazy," it was interesting to see how they ...more
Lana Mason
Jan 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Well, "wicked" is not the word I would use to describe the witches in this series. This is the second in the series, and as I have read the first two back to back, I can honestly say the second is an improvement over the first. The bickering between the family members is down, and the writing is smoother. There are still problems with the editing though--tense changes with verbs, sometimes some confusing sentence and paragraph structure, but those are fewer than in the first book.

Again, the
 Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews
Laugh out loud murder mystery

5 Star Kindle Unlimited Read
I just absolutely adore this laugh out loud murder mystery series that has the bonus of romance. I love this colorful family of woman. Can't wait to see what else they get into...
Theresa
There is something quite endearing about these books...the characters are funny with their snarky humor towards one another and their outlandish behavior; attempting to tolerate one another while maintaining a strong familial bond...At the same time there is a level of intensity that appears in the story found in both the murder mystery aspect as well as the chemistry between Bay and Landon... It is a nice mix of traits that culminate into a humorous yet sensual journey...4 Stars:)
Terri
Aug 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fun

I really enjoy this series. The characters are hysterical and I actually laugh out loud. If you have a sister or siblings or even cousins you are close with, then you can definitely relate to this family. Throw in a healthy dose of witchcraft and it is a great recipe for a fun read!
Janet
Feb 22, 2019 rated it liked it

Since this is book 2 in this series, we didn't have to go through the whole "let's meet the characters" thing and we jumped right into the story. While there is a lot of "action" in this one, most of the details don't get revealed until closer to the end and I didn't guess who the killer was until we were almost on top of them being revealed anyway.

Everyone in the Winchester family is just as snarky (and slightly vindictive) as in the first book but for some reason they rubbed me the
Cait S
Oct 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first of this series was an easy five star for me. This one fell a little short. In the first book, the banter between the family was hilarious, well-written, and really what sold me on the series. In this one...it felt mean. It wasn't really funny until a few lines at the very end. Up to that point, it just seemed like everyone was taking unnecessary shots at each other all the time and being really petty assholes.

I did like this murder mystery better than the first so that kept me going.
Mhairi
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely love this series. It's a snarky fun ride with a family that bickers like theirs no tomorrow but at the end of the day, that's what they are a tight-knit loving family. The mystery has enough twists that you question if you are or not a few times.
Elizabeth
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My current favourite series on audio book
Una
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Definitely a cozy, but definitely fun. Recommended for anyone liking a little paranormal mixed in with a cozy.
Scot
Mar 19, 2016 rated it did not like it
A disappointing book in that the premise had potential -- an all female family of witches with generational differences running an inn and boutique witchy shops in a little town with a tourist focus of marketing kitschy spooky bed n breakfast getaways to those who travel to experience such things. The characters were all incredibly whiney -- all of them -- and thought they were being clever with snarky comebacks -- with an erring ability to always sound lame. This drove every interaction and ...more
Gill Chivas
Apr 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
2nd book in the series and I'm getting a bit more used to the slightly annoying writing style. Good enough story but a bit of a slog to get into! I was about 3/4 way through before I decided it was ok and worth finishing! Characters progressing slowly and quite similar to 1st book. I might return to this series if I can get the next books free or cheap enough
Kathy Dixon
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was ok
I really enjoyed the first book in this series and looked forward to book two. It was a big disappointment. The storyline was fractured and the first half was pretty much devoted to their love lives or lack of. When it came to solving the murders it just suddenly went into overdrive and was over. I will not be reading any additional books in this series.
Mystereity Reviews
Jul 24, 2015 rated it really liked it

The 2nd in the Wicked Witches of the Midwest series, this book finds Bay and her family embroiled in stolen gold, a dead man, a skeleton in a cave and Aunt Tillie's antics. I'm really enjoying this series, it's lighthearted, fun, with great plots that always keep me guessing.
John S Roth
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wildly Funny!

Amanda Lee pens a captivating, charming, snarky and wonderfully weird yarn sure to grab the reader with both hands and holds them captivated through the very end! A must read!
Payal
Nov 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, humour
The poor little town has more murders than events, seems like. Bay was fun as usual and the grammar issues were decreasing (or I just glossed over them). It was not quite as funny as the first book in the series but was entertaining enough to get me to finish it in a day!
Jamie
The Winchester family is back for another crazy ride, and we’re invited as Bay is once again thrust into another murder mystery.

Summary:
Fall events in Hemlock Cove are in full swing, and Bay Winchester knows the town’s first annual Mystery Weekend will be a smash hit. As editor of the small-town circular, she’s looking forward to covering the food, fun, and harmless murder mystery. The worst thing Bay’s anticipating is her aunt’s unpredictably dramatic fake-death scene. The first sign things are
Bam Jam
Aug 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Most of the town knew there was something off about the Winchester women--and many had guessed that were actually witches. Guessing and proving, though, were two entirely different things." - Bay Winchester; Every Witch Way But Wicked, A. M. Lee

I started reading this book before I realized it was the second in a series, but honestly you don't need to read the first book to read this one and, I suspect, any subsequent book in this series. The cover above is the cover that I saw attached to this
Amanda Jane
When a body turns up...

.. just before the Murder Mystery weekend gets underway Bay has her work cut out.. Myron Grisham may have been the town drunk but without a mean bone in his body the whole community had looked after him.. who on earth would want him gone?

With Bay's new boss Brian Kelly seeming to believe that a relationship is part of his inheritance he's definitely not making friends. His grandfather's ghost is most unhappy that Brian appears to be determined to remove everything he owned
Sarah Crawford
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in this series about the most dysfunctional witch family of all. Edith returns as a ghost and there's now ghost William. Landon is back and there's a new owner of the newspaper. The town is also planning a murder mystery thing.

Thistle's falling for a guy named Marcus, not much of anyone likes Brian, the new newspaper owner, and then there's a real murder, this one of the town drunk who has his own background. There's no way, of course, that the witches are not going to
Dinees Ponton
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Aunt Tilly is amazing. She makes you laugh. The family dynamics are frustrating but fun. I am glad that I am not a relative.

Bay is stubborn but truly cares and tries to keep everyone safe. Bay is a reporter who really wants to help not just get the story. She sees ghosts and deals with it well. It seems like that made for a difficult child hood. She is a well rounded character that you can't help but like. Her cousins and Aunts are also fun and well written.

Her Aunt Tilly also sees ghosts.
Krystyna
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A murder mystery weekend is sidetracked by a very real murder.

Back in full strength! Worries about her job are put on the back burner when murder mystery weekend that should be a fun event for the town's visitors goes off track when an unscheduled body is discovered. Add in her growing attachment to the hunky FBI agent, her cousin's plans to get even with Aunt Tillie about the curse she has placed on the cousins and old secrets. A terrific read that mixes sarcasm and humour into a really fun
Munira Vahed
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely marvelous!!

I love this series so far. All the characters and family members are just awesome and truly hilarious.
This book starts a few weeks after the last book ended.
The town drunk gets murdered at a picnic. It is unknown of who would want the town drunk dead.
Once the investigation starts, a few secrets start to get reveal about the deceased. Links are made to several families and suspects are determined. Who is the murderer and why was the town drunk killed?
I love the sarcasm of
Rebecca Waldron
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love Aunt Tilly.

Only on book 2 of the series and I'm in love. I swear, Bay, Clove and Thistle could be me and my friends or family. We just don't say that we're dead to each other lol.
Funny, funny, funny! If anyone can read book 1 and stop there then something is wrong with them. The characters are amazingly well developed. Story line is great and everything flows wonderfully from one book to the next.
Aunt Tilly is a riot! I almost wish I had an Aunt Tilly! Almost. Hahaha....
Anyway I'm
Sarah Leenart
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pretty much perfect summer reading, this is exactly what I needed when looking for funny, light hearted fun with lovable characters and a bit of mystery and action. These witches worm a way into your heart and make small town life seem suddenly very appealing. The humour is snarky and outrageous, family turns from enemy to closest ally in the blink of an eye and suddenly I very much want an Aunt Tillie of my own.

This is a review for the whole series as I have inhaled these books at speed and to
Aditi
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Honestly the interaction between the characters is hilarious and I am willing to overlook almost everything for that. It is a family of 7 strong individual women that can intimidate anyone. Brief thought does enter my mind about husbands/fathers. No one except Aunt Tilly's late husband is ever mentioned. Not that they need them, I am just not sure how Bay's father comes into the picture.
That being said, the mystery was okay this time around, not as great as the first one but the book was still
Sandra Lopez
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Bay, the ghost seer, is back in a whole new mystery!

It’s a murder mystery weekend and tourists are abound in this wiccan town. Suddenly, a real body turns up unexpectedly that is not part of the script.

Love Aunt Tillie, the kooky 90-year old witch matriarch whom everyone is afraid of. Again, you’ll love the biting wit between Bay and cousins, Clove and Thistle.

Full of frank and witty humor!
Madison Mega-Mara...: #66 - Every Witch Way But Wicked 1 1 Mar 22, 2016 11:29AM

• The Hexorcist (A Supernatural Speakeasy Cozy Mystery, #1)
  • Three Alarm Fury (Federal Bureau of Magic Cozy Mystery #6)
  • Witchy Business (Witches of Shadow Lane #1)
  • Witchy Orders (Witches of Shadow Lane #2)
  • Sweep - Stakes (Wicked Witches of Coventry Book 6)
  • Payback's a Witch (Blackwood Bay Witches #5)
  • Magic & Murder (Starry Hollow Witches #1)
  • Magic & Mishaps (Starry Hollow Witches #9)
  • Bedtime Fury (Federal Bureau of Magic Cozy Mystery #5)
  • No Guts, No Fury (Federal Bureau of Magic Cozy Mystery #3)
  • Great Balls of Fury (Federal Bureau of Magic Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Grace Under Fury (Federal Bureau of Magic Cozy Mystery #4)
  • Magic & Mythos (Starry Hollow Witches #8)
  • If the Broom Fits (Wicked Witches of Coventry, #1)
  • Fury Godmother (Federal Bureau of Magic Cozy Mystery #2)
  • Witch in Training (Blair Wilkes Mystery #2)
  • Witch in Danger (Blair Wilkes Mystery #3)
  • Broom and Board (Wicked Witches of Coventry Book 7)
When I was a kid, I was torn between whether or not I was going to grow up and be the Incredible Hulk or Wonder Woman. I flirted with being a Jedi Knight for awhile, but I wasn't up for the intense travel associated with the gig. In my teens, I settled on being a writer -- although I had no idea the effort that would entail.
Not only am I a writer now, but I'm a writer in several different mediums.

Wicked Witches of the Midwest (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Any Witch Way You Can (Wicked Witches of the Midwest, #1)
  • Witching You Were Here (Wicked Witches of the Midwest, #3)
  • Witching on a Star (Wicked Witches of the Midwest, #4)
  • Something to Witch About (Wicked Witches of the Midwest, #5)
  • Witch Me Luck (Wicked Witches of the Midwest, #6)
  • Life's a Witch (Wicked Witches of the Midwest #7)
  • Charms & Witchdemeanors (Wicked Witches of the Midwest #8)
  • The Trouble With Witches (Wicked Witches of the Midwest #9)
  • Murder Most Witchy (Wicked Witches of the Midwest #10)
  • A Witch Before Dying (Wicked Witches of the Midwest #11)
“Karma is a bitch. And yours is starting to show.” 1 likes
“He looked like he had been expecting a warmer greeting – like me stripping naked and jumping him in the town square or something.” 1 likes