Start by marking “Collision Force (Crossing Forces, #1)” as Want to Read:
Collision Force (Crossing Forces, #1)

Collision Force

(Crossing Forces #1)

Bad boy FBI agent and feisty widowed police detective collide pursuing a human trafficker in small town Texas on their way to true love.

Badboy, married to his job FBI agent Cole Lucas always gets his man. So when the unthinkable happens and one gets away, Cole grits his teeth and hunts human trafficker Carlo Maldonado all the way to Antioch, Texas, where he collides with D
Published June 28th 2013 by Total-E-Bound

To ask other readers questions about Collision Force, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Collision Force

Linda Strong
FBI Agent Cole Lucas is on the trail of a human trafficker, winding up in the small town of Antioch, Texas. Detective Andi MacLaren will be working with him and neither of them seem happy about it.

Lucas does not get involved with the women he ha to work with and it disturbs him at how much she intrigues and attracts him. Andi sees him as cocky and being a widow and single mother,the last thing she needs is to have a man in her life.

Andi's 3-year-old son takes a liking to Cole and now he's contem
Ali
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars.
Quick easy read.
Would have been more enjoyable if the characters were better thought through. A lot of ridiculous portrayals at times.
Book Lover
Looks like I’m going to be in the minority here.

Andi MacLaren is a detective with the police department and a widow with a 3 year old son. She is confident and good at her job (so we are told).

Pete has been Andi’s partner for the last 5 years. He was shot and is currently in the hospital. Pete has been a large part of Andi’s personal life as well. He fluctuated between being a close friend, almost brother, and other times I wasn’t so sure he didn’t want more. He was definitely very protective o
Book Him Danno
Dec 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
C.A Szarek wrote a well paced, romance suspense that readers won't be able to put down.

While the story from the bad guys to the romance are not much of a surprise the author is able to pull readers in with her ability weave romance, loss, passion, family and love. Cole Lucas and Andi MacLaren will come alive as readers start from page one to the last page drawing them into a world of romance filled with passion and a chance at finding love after loss.

Collision Force is a well crafted romantic s
Jo-Anna Walker
Feb 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I chose to read this book because so far I have loved everything that C.A. Szarek has written. Love fantasy romance? Read Sword's Call. ;)

Collision Force is Romantic Suspense and wow does it ever live up to the genre. It's fast paced and keeps you on your toes from beginning to end. It's definitely a page turner and I didn't want it to end. You fall deeply in love with the characters and at time's want to bash their heads in. When does that not happen in a romance book? Lol!

Andi is headstrong
Cecilia Robert
Feb 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-readers
I had the pleasure of reading Collision Force late last year. One thing is for sure: The reader is in for a ride with this one.
Toni
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Collision Force
By C.A. Szarek

First off, did I enjoy this book? Yes. It was a good solid read. A 3.5 star read for me. But since Amazon and Goodreads have a 5 star scale, I gave it a four. This is mostly due to personal reasons.

For one, I grew up with tame romantic suspense. More focus on the plot and a bare mention of the sex. In this, the sex is fully described. A bit uncomfortable for me, especially since my sister's name is Andi and I just don't want to go there in my mind. :) if you are a l
Sydney Hopke
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a great start to a series! FBI Agen Cole just wants to catch his guy not fall in love though maybe have some fun wouldn't be bad. Local policewoman Andi wants to catch the guy who shot her partner and get home to her son not get involved with the FBI agent passing through. As everyone knows nothing ever goes as plans.

This is a great book! You get the know all the characters. You laugh with them, and at them, feel the heat coming off the pages and yell them also. With all of this the reader
Renee
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved every single aspect of this book! The FBI, the detectives, the partners and the kid! What a wonderfully written novel. The series starts off really promising. I am invested in Andi and her life in general. She has had some difficult speed bumps thrown at her. She survived a lot, I cant be a spoiler, but she is a great woman! as for Cole, well he too has had a lot thrown in his way, but I really do love the character. Next up Pete, well I know book 2 is about him and I can not wait

Lovers
Amee
Jun 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I just have to start by saying that I am so excited for Ms. Szarek with this book. I am so happy that Cole and Andi are finally out there for the world to read and totally fall in love with! It is impossible not to fall for these characters as you become part of their life and their world. Cole Lucas is an FBI agent from NYC who's case takes him into a small town in Texas. Cole is confident and a bit of a play boy. He is as HOT as it is there in Texas and by golly he knows it...LOL. He is also v ...more
Toni Felton
Mar 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is NOT my usual genre but once I picked up Collision Force I could NOT put it down! Andi and Cole had me from the first spark of aggravation that turned into so much more. And Bad Guys.....pfft! No chance in the face of this duo! What I liked most about this story is that it was very plausible in the world that Ms Szarek has created for us. I cannot wait for next installment, which will be downloaded onto my Kindle the MINUTE I can get my dirty little hands on it! Congratulations Ms. Szarek ...more
Miriam
Feb 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a great story ,Cole who really is married to the job (FBI) and a widowed Andi with a young son who works as a Detective. Worlds apart in there outside work lives really,but are attracted to each other almost straight away.the fact that there is a little boy in the picture makes the story perfect in my eyes . This is a book I will read over and over again.looking forward to the next one :)
Kimberly
Jul 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Andi and Cole have incredible chemistry and the characters are so deep and strong. Collision Force is an action-packed, sexy novel that is the first in what is sure to be a successful series. So ready for the next!
Lea
Feb 01, 2018 rated it did not like it
Too many sex scenes with graphic descriptions and vulgar language and not enough plot and action. The characters are likeable, but I won’t be choosing to read this author again unless she cleans up her scenes that are like a bad r-rated movie and adds some real plot.
Cayla
Feb 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My New Favorite book. loved every min of this book and can not wait for the next one.
Maggie Nash
Jul 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
This is an awesome book. The characters show realistic emotions, the suspense is tight and I loved the story. I'll be getting book 2 when it comes out!
Susan Sheehey
Jul 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Action packed, and incredibly steamy read! Can't wait for the next in the series! Great job, Szarek!!
Yvonne Cruz
Dec 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
This story is the beginning of a new series titled Crossing Forces. A series revolving around law enforcement individuals.
This one centers around Cole Lucas and Andi MacLaren.
Cole is an FBI agent driven to get a human trafficker that has escaped him numerous times. He follows him to Antioch, TX. Here he meets Andi. She is a detective, widow and has now been partnered with Cole.Her police partner, was injured by the Maldonado, the man Cole is after. Cole resents having a partner and she resents h
Christine Mize
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a ride! Collision Force starts with a bang and never let's up! Packed full of action, with the perfect amount of heat, the perfect amount of sweet - this is one of the best romantic suspense books that I have read. Andi MacLaren is a Detective with the Antioch police department. Thrown together with FBI agent Cole Lucas when the cases they each are working cross-over each other, sparks fly. As they chase their case across the city and bodies stack up, I was kept on the edge of my seat. ...more
Amy Andrzejewski
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Collision Force is the first book of CA Szarek that I've read. I love both the main characters, Cole and Andi. This book was a definite page turner and made me shed a few tears. There is more romance then suspense/action. As I got close to the end of this book I was bummed that it was almost over. That I purchased the next book in the series Chance Collision. I'm looking forward to reading Pete's story next in this series.

Oh, I loved the part where Cole knocks on her bedroom door and catches her
Jocelyne
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was my first CA Szarek's book. This the first book in the Crossing Forces Series, a Romantic Suspense. The two main characters, Cole and Andi, are great together and they share a strong chemistry. The story is well written, fast-paced, action packed, entertaining and steamy! Andi, a Detective and a widow, is a strong woman and a good Mom. Andi, a FBI Agent, is a handsome man, possessive and protective, who cares about Andi and her son Ethan. I absolutely love their beautiful HEA. I loved th ...more
Cheryl
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm not used reading about female police officers/detectives so Andi and Lee made me proud to be a female. This author did an excellent job describing the females' response in the action scenes where they were shoulder to shoulder in not in front of their fellow officers.

Cole, an FBI agent, joins forces with Andi to take down a child trafficker. This a romantic suspense novel which hits all the high notes in romance (The love story is outstanding) and suspense (some of the scenes are spine tingl
Deb Diem
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Collision Force by C.A. Szarek is an awesome read. Ms. Szarek has delivered a well-written book. She gets an A for her characters and their interaction and dialog. Well done Ms. Szarek! Cole is an FBI agent following the trail of a criminal. Andi is a police detective forced to work with Cole. There is plenty of action, suspense, humor and sizzle to keep readers glued to this fantastic book. I enjoyed this book from cover to cover and look forward to my next book by C.A. Szarek. Collision Force ...more
Dec 10, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you NetGalley for the ARC of Collision Force by C.A. Szarek that I read and reviewed.
This book was just okay for me. It just did not have the "it" factor that I look for in a book. I really could not relate to Cole at all. He was a bit of a jerk at first and I really did not like him at all. As for Andi she was very weak at first and I was not that fond of her either.
The language was over played as well. I don't mind swearing in a book but I just did not feel it in this book. Overall, the
Donna
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Collision Force is a sweet romantic suspense. Small town Texas detective and single mother Andi MacLaren has to work with cocky bad boy FBI agent Cole Lucas to catch a human trafficker. The attraction between the two is combustible but she isn’t into short term flings and he doesn’t do long term but Andi may just be the one to change his mind. That is if they live long enough.
If not for his interaction with Ethan I would have written Cole off as a jerk and not good enough for Andi but watching
Christine Jordan
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Tammy Hall
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When love walks in you never know who it's aimed for and in this case Cole and Andi never saw it coming until it was wrapped around them like an invisible red ribbon. I fell in love with this book and Cole helped that along a little bit. I am hooked and I'm starving for more. C.A. Szarek has a way with wrapping words around you until you get lost among the pages then leaves you wanting more.
Tami
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: szarek-c-a, netgalley
4.5

Romantic suspense. Our heroine is a small town cop and she makes the FBI agent hero break all his personal rules. He ends up leaving and she ends up pregnant. Good story.

S. R. Lewis
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Suspense, love, and some angst

This is a very good story with suspense and a deep look into the characters' motivations and feelings. Lovely characters and great writing to keep the story flowing and all with the necessary (for me) happily ever after.
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book, the characters were likeable and engaging. Plot was easy to follow, you could see what was going to happen. Overall a nice little read.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! 5 8 Feb 23, 2013 04:02AM
USA Today Bestselling, award winning author of romantic suspense and epic fantasy romance, C.A. loves to dabble in different genres. If it's a good story, she'll write it, no matter where it seems to fit!

She's a hopeless romantic and always will be. Risking it all for Happily Ever After is what she lives by!

C.A. is originally from Ohio, but got to Texas as soon as she could. She's happily married

Crossing Forces (5 books)
  • Chance Collision (Crossing Forces, #2)
  • Calculated Collision (Crossing Forces, #3)
  • Collision Control (Crossing Forces, #4)
  • Superior Collision (Crossing Forces, #5)