Start by marking “The Art of Submission (The Art of D/s, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Art of Submission (The Art of D/s, #1)

The Art of Submission

(The Art of D/s #1)

Revised Edition

Written in 1st person from both his and her perspective.

Warning: Written for mature audiences and includes profanity, graphic sexual encounters and mild BDSM themes.

Romantic, erotic, deeply emotional and humorous.

Isabel is a shy artist with an abusive past who has a very vivid fantasy life and unexplored unusual sexual tastes. When her very private and naug
Kindle Edition, 2nd edition, 292 pages
Published February 14th 2013 by Kindle Publishing Direct

To ask other readers questions about The Art of Submission, please sign up.
Ella Dominguez It was unpublished in Janypuary 2016, as was the whole series in order to be rewriiten. Book one is now available, retitled Submission (Art of D/s…moreIt was unpublished in Janypuary 2016, as was the whole series in order to be rewriiten. Book one is now available, retitled Submission (Art of D/s Rewriiten, Book One). Books 2 and 3 are still works in progress.

P.s. Sorry for the delay in answering your question. I just now saw it. 😪(less)

Debra
Dec 16, 2012 rated it really liked it

Oh. Wow.

This book completely took me by surprise. I did NOT expect to love it so much. I did NOT expect to get so caught up in Isabel and Dylan's fascinating journey but I DID. My God, I did...

I loved Ella Dominguez's writing style. I don't know why I waited so long to finally read some of her books. I know this story might not be for everyone and that there are a lot of mixed reviews about it, but all I can say is that I really enjoyed it.

I loved the fact that this book had such a different

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo DominguezArtofSubmission1TitlebySueBee_zps74967187.jpg  photo bondage3bysb_zpsa2fc9477.gif
★★★★★! The Art of D/s, book 1 of 3. An unforgettable larger-than-life Dom hero, Dylan who sets out to seduce an innocent artist. Isa into the world of BDSM, but instead is swept off his feet.

“I hardly know her. It all comes back to the paintings. Her amazing and beautiful talent. Her sincerity. Her kindness. Her feistiness. Her ability to be in my head at all times.”

At first glance The Art of D/s trilogy (plus upcoming Prelude) is the whirlwind romance of Dylan and Isa, two flawed, lonel
Shurrn
An Erotic BDSM Romance with a focus on CONTROL...
I need it, too, and for the same reasons she does; because we both never had any when we needed it the most; because vanilla isn't enough; because we’re the same kind of freaks.

This is the first book in a series, establishing the relationship between a former Dom and a young woman with kinky fantasies but no experience with the Dominant/submissive lifestyle... As they discover more about each other, they're also discovering the extent of their
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
Wow. What a twist to the typical Dom/sub storyline. I REALLY enjoyed this one. It had a great combination of a little angst, drama, sexual chemistry and hot (albeit mild) BDSM scenes.

Uber hot security specialist Dylan sets his eyes on some erotic paintings hidden in the back of a Denver art gallery. They say that they're not for sale, but everyone has a price. He buys the three paintings that bring him spiralling back to his old Dom days...days he's long since left behind, thanks to his ex-sub
La-Lionne
I got fooled by a beautiful cover. Just look at it, it's pretty, everything this book isn't.
The book description is pretty vague, but I thought that the story couldn't be that bad when the author had such a great taste for the cover art. The words "deeply emotional and funny" got me raising my eyebrows. It's a hard combination to pull of, I thought, but I brushed it of, because... The cover is so pretty :).

I know I read only 38% of the book, and one might say it's too early to be expecting "deep
Pam
Mar 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
"an angel with a dark side…"

Isa never imagined her paintings would sell, they were never even supposed to be shared, to her shock the man who paid for them refuses to give them back, at least not without a price. One look at Dylan and she knows that he is everything she has ever wanted and he is the only one who can bring her fantasies to life.
"Your paintings… they spoke to me. They awakened my inner Dom and made me yearn for the lifestyle that I once lived."

Isa’s paintings are
Jamie
Mar 22, 2013 rated it really liked it

This book really took me by surprise... Thought this would be the typcial Dom/sub type of realationship with just a different road to how they got there but this was a nice surprise.

Dylan is a Dom that's been out of the scene for 2 years after his last D/s relationship took a nose dive when she decided to start blackmailing him. Dylan still has his dungeon of toys but the door has been closed and he's left this part of his life behind.

Until one day he's at an art showing and some highly sensu
Sheri
Oct 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
I have conflicted feelings about this book. The story was excellent, and based on that alone I would have given the book 5 stars. It was fun, playful, kinky, and definitely sexy. So why the mixed feelings…??

Here is what I loved:
1) Dylan – Dylan is your typical rich, sexy, smart alpha male. He was great. I love how his character was written. He liked control of everything, but at times his alter ego got the better of him, making him say and do things he regretted. I do wish we could have gotten
~ Becs ~
The Art of Submission is a début novel exploring the fledgling relationship of two mistrusting souls who share a very tortured path in order to be together.

Dylan Young, security expert and former Dom, is mesmerised by some paintings of BDSM scenes in a gallery so much so that he will pay over the odds for them. Isabel Ibanez is the starving artist in an attic who didn’t really intend for her paintings to be sold because they are deeply personal to her and she wants them back. This is how they me
RomanceBookVixen ~ Vianca
May 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5++++ HOLY-FUCKING-INTENSE-STARS

I LOVED IT!!!! Oh my god!!' What a dysfunctional couple. I am so high right now from Dylan and Isa that I need to jump right into the next book. Sweet Baby Jesus!!! I hope I survive the sex and the drama. Because I know hell is going to break loss and I don't think is going to be pretty. I am exhausted just typing these few words. LOL.
Amber Rose
Feb 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm, erotica
5++++ Amazing, fantastic, dripping balls, AWESOME!!!

Where has The Art of Submission been my whole life? The cover and name alone had me from "Hello.. "Look at me, read me now". I should be slapped right now for taking this long to read this book.

Ella, sweet, sweet, Ella. Please whatever you do. Just keep putting these two characters in a book. Even if it's just short stories forever that comes personally to me. Hey, I am cool with that.

What to say about this book.... Besides the fact that
Anna
Mar 25, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: bdsm

I liked this book but I was also expecting it to be more exciting. In the end, I guess it's worth to say that it wasn't a typical BDSM lifestyle representing story. It was more likely a 'spicy vanilla'
kinda thing, as I'll call it for the sake of argument.
Is has potential but some features are missing...
I'd like more...you know...

What was questionable in my opinion were: the POVs- I'm used to less overlapping descriptions, more like the insight into other people's heads and the present tense also
Alex
Nov 04, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

12% in and after only 3 face to face encounters (Dylan's POV):

"So how was that for you?"

"What do you mean?" she looks up at me outraged and shocked at my question.

"I mean, was it good for you? Did you enjoy it?" Why do I keep asking questions that I really don't want the answer to? Because you're a sadist my subconscious screams at me.

More like a stalker/psycho, buddy.
Hosted by imgur.com

"I don't know what you're playing at Mr. Young, but I thought we were here to discuss a deal about my paintings, not my pathet
Kelly 'Perusing Princesses blog'
BOOK REVIEW: The Art of Submission by Ella Dominguez

Isabel: “I’m happy to see that we’re stopping to eat some dinner, since we didn’t actually eat lunch today. Instead we just argued, I pouted, slapped him, bojo’d him, and then I came like a freight train. I’ve had a very busy day.”

Holy Hot Sugar Goodness, this book contains one very innocent, humorous, yet feisty female lead, a crass and very naughty alpha-male and BDSM 101 that will leave you hyperventilating and squirming in your seat. Okay,
Aimie
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Aimie by: Ambers reading room
Shelves: favorites
"Holy orgasmic overload!!!!"

Amazing characters, filthy kitty tingling sex, witty, romantic and an intense story of discovery and unavoidable chemistry that had me turning the pages at a rate of knots.....

Best quote in the book for me:
"What's unacceptable is that you'll accept my cock in practically every orifice of your body, my tongue in your ass and you'll swallow my semen, but you won't accept clothing from me."

Ended on an almighty cliff hanger, so it's straight onto the next book for me -
.Lili.
Feb 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Art of Submission Revised

This is my second time reading TAoS. The first time around though I loved the story- I found the dual POV a bit frustrating as it would just repeat the same scene from the other MC POV. This time the author has COMPLETELY scrapped that has written it in an alternating POV. That turned this book from a 4 to an automatic 5 star read. I devoured this book the second time around.

Their banter and inner musings had me chuckling to myself...
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
all the time. I love when a bo
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review:

Cover: Love it
Rating: NC-17
Steaminess: Scorching
Thumbs Up: 3.5
Overall: For those fifty lovers, you are sure to like this one.
Characters: Solid
Plot: Take a walk down the real submissive road
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Dylan

SUMMARY (50 words or less)

There were so many great things about this book. If you are a fan of Fifty and the Crossfire series, you are sure to like this one. Like Crossfire, this book builds from the model created by Fifty
Heidi
Apr 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: part-of-series, bdsm

Holy revelation

“Who the fuck is the submissive here?”

What an amazing concept. I just loved the whole thought processes between these two characters. I was initially skeptical about the dual POV's but it worked, boy did it work!

4 1/2 stars.
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
THE ART OF SUBMISSION is a full-length, erotic novel chronicling the sexual exploration of two dynamic characters with tortured pasts struggling to come to terms with their dominant and submissive natures.

Isabel is a young, starving artist who is intensely private and extremely reluctant to share her art with the world. Though she is somewhat innocent in reality, her imagination and vivid dreams transport her to the unfamiliar world of BDSM giving her the inspiration to create beautifully erotic
★★Sara Lizzy★★
Apr 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm
5 Stars!

Dylan is at an art gallery when he sees some erotic paintings he must have. He's a Dom who has not been a part of the D/s lifestyle for 2 years after an ex-sub blackmailed him. When he sees the paintings by "Isa" he knows he must find the artist (whom he assumes is a man) to see if there are more.

Isabel paints highly erotic art that relate to the D/s lifestyle, which she has never been apart of. She gets a lot of her inspiration from dreams/fantasies she has. Her mother died when she wa
Michelle
OMG. So I sort of went into this series with my mind set that this was going to be very different style of read. I was expecting this very classical feel and that is not what this was, but that’s not a bad thing. I think I let the cover and the title just create the image of how this story was going to play out. So I was a little surprised by the actual story, given I had been thinking this story would feel totally different.

When Dylan spots Isabel’s painting hanging the dark corner of the galle
DKristin
I would give this one 3.5 Stars but I bumped it up since we don't get the half star privilege. I really enjoyed Dylan and Isa's story. Every time she flipped the script on him his reaction was absolutely hilarious. They were very hot and passionate so when things were going right they were going really right and when they weren't it was a definite hot ass mess. I thought the writing style was a bit distracting at times and some phrases were over used so that's why I can't give it more stars than ...more
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
***This review may contain small spoilers***
“Holy orgasmic overload.”
I absofreakinglutely love this book!! Amazeballs!!!!

I love the feeling and tone of the story, it’s sexy, scrummy, delicious and naughty!

It is about the divine Dylan Young……………. ♥
“He’s visually stunning in a nontraditional way. He’s tallish and his physique is just slightly built……..Damn, he looks delicious. I wonder what he tastes like.”
…………………and the beautiful and talented Isabel
“Isabel is proving to be a very fascina
Dusti Hanrahan
Jul 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Bondage Among Other Things" by Lesa Kendrick

I lie upon your bed Wearing not a stitch of clothing Waiting...anticipating... Alone And waiting... wondering... I moan.

You dance into the room Your clothing drops to your feet My heart skips a beat As you walk closer Licking your lips As though I am the treat You wish to eat.

'Please, ' I beg, 'Kiss me... Touch me.' You take your feather- whip Teasing... tantalizing... My flesh. I'm going up in flames Wanting... waiting... Wishing.

Your mouth leave
Carla ☺Did I Say That☺
What a Gem!!!! I loved it!!! Anxious to get started on the next book! Will review this one tomorrow..
Jun 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
4.5 Smoking Hot STARS!

I loved how different this book was. There are similar books out there to 50 Shades, and this one can definitely be compared BUT there were unexpected twists that made this book unique to other books in the 50 Shades genre.

I loved the art in the book.

I loved that we got to know Dylan from his point of view. Many 50 Shades type of books don't give us the guy's point of view.

I loved Isabel's strong character and her sassy mouth. She was reasonable and I understood her.

I can
Britt
2 stars

I went into this book with huge expectations however I was really shattered that this unfortunately did not live up to them.

I had a number of problems with this book:

1. Changing POVs

I'm actually a really huge fan of shifting point of views. I love seeing inside both characters heads and I have really enjoyed this writing technique in books such as Pushing the Limits or Down to You and Up to Me. However the difference is that in those books the story keeps progressing. We don't revisit
Amy
Mar 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 million panty-melting stars!! Holy hotness, I absolutely loved this book!

I’ll be the first to admit that I like a good smutty read, but I also like substance…. good character development, a strong storyline, etc. The Art of Submission was the perfect mix! Ahh-may-zing sex, likeable characters and a great story!!!

photo eb0be3aa35697325b4e1c92f8ff782e4.jpg

I love love love Dylan and Isa!

Dylan Young is a 30 year old successful entrepreneur. He’s handsome, charming, and rich. He’s also a former Dom. He no longer lives the lifestyle because
Amy (BW)
Oct 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a hot lil number, however, it did tend to be confusing at times. The author wrote in 1st person from two different perspectives, Dylan's and Isa's. You go through the story from Dylan's POV for a spell, then the story suddenly stops and you revisit the story from Isa's POV. The story reconvenes from Dylan's POV, then back to Isa's...all the way throughout the story. I've read comments and reviews throughout Goodreads where readers have stated that they've read all of Dylan's POV and the ...more
Kate Kinsey
I really wanted to like this book more than I did. As an artist myself, I loved the way the book began.

I'm a hard audience, because I don't really read a lot of erotica, and NO romance. I'm just too cynical.

Good points: TAOS is at least as well written as FSOG. (I know that's not saying much, but hey.... ) But like FSOG, a couple of things really annoyed me. Repetitive writing drives bamboo under my fingernails, and if I had had to read one more exchange of:

"Isa twirled her hair.
'Stop that, he
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Add quote to book title 12 454 Oct 17, 2017 02:33AM
Goodreads Librari...: New Edition not appearing 3 20 Jul 15, 2014 02:37PM
Revised Edition? 4 38 Oct 23, 2013 10:55AM
Readers feedback and input 23 82 Apr 17, 2013 06:02PM

• Restraint (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #1)
  • The Dom of My Dreams
  • Under By Duress
  • Safeword Davenport (Safeword, #3)
  • Lethal Limits (Spy Games, #2)
  • The Dom with a Safeword (Badass Brats, #1)
  • Laura Meets Jeffrey: Both Sides of an Erotic Memoir
  • Under His Command (Six-Alarm Sexy #1)
  • Never Have I Ever
  • Above the Dungeon (Dungeon #1)
  • Choices (Luxuria Trilogy, #1)
  • Comfort Object (Comfort, #1)
  • Taught to Kneel
  • Red
  • Take Me, Break Me (Pierced Hearts, #1)
  • Light Switch
  • Pam-Ann
  • Brie's First Day of Submissive Training (Submissive Training Center, #1)
 photo ff654a2f-aeb9-4595-81e6-d8074173c2f8_zpsimhpongs.jpg

Mother. Lover. Dreamer. International bestselling author. Nursing an unhealthy obsession with ukuleles, unicorns and luxury real estate. Born and raised in a conservative, strict Christian household in the Bible Belt of the USA, her upbringing and repression contributed to her wicked imagination, and writing has become a pleasurable and satisfying outlet for her fantasies. At the 'mature' age of

The Art of D/s (3 books)
  • The Art of Domination (The Art of D/s, #2)
  • The Art of Control (The Art of D/s #3)
“Better yet - I'll buy him a dildo with his own money, send it to him, and tell him to go fuck himself” 57 likes
“...it's just so...big. Like hard on in 3D.” 37 likes