Start by marking “Hap Working the World” as Want to Read:
Hap Working the World

Hap Working the World

When Hap Cameron left home in April 2003, he decided he wanted to live and work in every continent before he turned thirty. He knew he had plenty of time, so how hard could it be? Bloody hard, as it turned out. But his goal would change his life in ways he never expected. If he'd known that over the next eight years he'd end up locked in a US jail cell, almost get killed ...more
Published November 2012 by Allen & Unwin (first published October 23rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Hap Working the World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hap Working the World

Start your review of Hap Working the World
Rachel
Dec 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Given to us by a good friend of Mandy's. I was pleasantly surprised! Pass it on in hopes of inspiring and motivating. My 21 year old brother will be getting this in the mail soon.
Harry Sinclair
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After a book swap with a friend I could not put this book down. It’s a great insight into Hap’s adventures, Hap seems genuine writing wth honesty, from his lowest lows, to his highest highs. I learned the importance of travel, and the consequences that can follow.
Brent Bonet
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great story from one of the best people I have ever met! Reading this book feels like Hap is speaking to you. His is a very unique life.
Abby
Jan 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Inspirational read that will appeal to all ages and walks of life. If you have not travelled a lot this book will transport you to some unique parts of the world. If you have travelled you will find yourself reminiscing and probably plotting your next adventure by the end. A great gift for any one in their teens or early twenties...the author has a great message in here about setting goals and following your dreams.
Zeynep Şen
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Entertaining & wildly adventurous! Makes you want to take to the road immediately
Jeff Rands
Jun 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
An absolute page turner! Finished it in a couple of sessions - just couldn't put it down! An open, honest heartfelt account of one mans mission to work on every continent before he turns thirty. Funny, thrilling and at times sad, it appeals to those with a sense of adventure and a love of travel.
Frances
Jan 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
A really interesting and easy to read memoir. Heaps of adventure and just the right touch of romance. Towards the end I couldn't put it down - it was a real page turner!

It got me all inspired to do more with my life!
Libby Davis
Jan 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic, honest story about a truly inspirational journey around the world, which had me both laughing out loud and in tears. I didn't want to put this book down! I finished the book feeling inspired to pursue my own travel dreams. Highly recommend!
Hannah Cooke
Jan 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book! Couldn't put it down but had to force myself to since i didn't want it to end! Had me laughing out loud the whole way but also wanting to cry. Such a good read and has helped inspire me to go out and travel. Nobody could be disappointed reading this book!
Big Rig
Jan 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Amazing, honest and incredibly funny account of good times travelling and self discovery. Anyone who feels unsure about what to do with their lives; Hap covers the world - one twisted road at a time.
Paul
Jul 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Inspiring, entertaining, emotional. This book has it all!
Stan Armiger
Nov 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A great yarn, the ultimate travel adventure and his style made it very, very readable.
Sue Toms
Dec 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
If you want your kids to get off their butts and see the world give them this book for Christmas
Carl
Jan 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great story, truthful and eventful, you not only follow a story about a good honest guy working his way around the world, but also join in his life experiences. Highly recommend
Lily
Sep 19, 2015 rated it did not like it
This is quite the story, but is really poorly written.
Eloise
Feb 03, 2013
Claire Tomkinson
Jun 01, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »

• Confessions of a Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #1)
  • Lost Worlds: What Have We Lost, & Where Did it Go?
  • The Number Devil: A Mathematical Adventure
  • Shark Man
  • Kilted Yoga: Yoga Laid Bare
  • The Life and Loves of a He Devil
  • The Little Book of Hygge: The Danish Way to Live Well
  • The Book of the Dead: Lives of the Justly Famous and the Undeservedly Obscure
  • Moab Is My Washpot
  • Longitude: The True Story of a Lone Genius Who Solved the Greatest Scientific Problem of His Time
  • Ocean Outbreak: Confronting the Rising Tide of Marine Disease
  • Eminent Outlaws: The Gay Writers Who Changed America
  • The Big Oyster: History on the Half Shell
  • Made In Scotland: My Grand Adventures in a Wee Country
  • Losing My Virginity: How I've Survived, Had Fun, and Made a Fortune Doing Business My Way
  • NW
  • Only 2 Seats Left:  The Incredible Contiki Story
Hap Cameron (or Mark as he's called on his birth certificate) was born in Christchurch, New Zealand in 1981. After studying marketing and management he realised there was more to life than an office and set out to explore the world. He is currently splitting his time between Melbourne, Australia and Nelson, New Zealand but who knows where he'll end up next.