Start by marking “Game Free Preview Edition (The First 15 Chapters): with Bonus Prequel Short Story "Neutral Mask"” as Want to Read:

Billy grinned. "Oh, New York," he whispered. "We're gonna have so much fun."

I Hunt Killers introduced the world to Jazz, the son of history's most infamous serial killer, Billy Dent.
In an effort to prove murder didn't run in the family, Jazz teamed with the police in the small town of Lobo's Nod to solve a deadly case. And now, when a determined New York City detective c
Published March 26th 2013 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Game Free Preview Edition (The First 15 Chapters), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Game Free Preview Edition (The First 15 Chapters)

Maria Colin
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Game starts were "I Hunt killers left off.This book keeps you on the edge,it is full of mystery and trill through out the book.That you don't even want to put the book down.Detective Hughes flies down to the Nod where jazz lives to ask for his help to catch the Hat-Dog killer, that has been killing in New York. Jasper then flies to New York to help with the investigation and ends up finding out that his dad has something to do with all the killings. His girlfriend and best friend Howie then get ...more
Sanjay Shrikanth
Dec 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Game, by Barry Lyga is an exhilarating story which is about a new case that has popped up on Jasper Dent’s porch, a series a murders from a mysterious killer called the “Hat-Dog Killer.” Throughout this story Jasper is faced with many emotional and physical obstacles that will change his perspective of the world forever.

This book was a very nice and gripping story from cover to cover. Barry Lyga, the author does a tremendous job of describing the personalities and developing them throughout the
Jillian Miglioratti
Jasper Dent teams up with the NYPD to link clues to his father. When an arbitrate detective knocks on Jasper Dents door seeking help Jasper has no choice but to decide if he will go help and prove murder doesn’t run in his family. But does it really not? His whole life he has lived with regret, shame and guilt about who is father is and what he has done. Will Jasper find his father and put an end to his murderous game or will he be dragged in?
Billy smiled. “Oh New York he whispered were going
Pygmy
Apr 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: youngadult, mystery
Perhaps the only flaw (and only a flaw in an intellectual sense, not at all in the visceral sense) is that the main character in this series is very similar in many ways to the main character in Barry Lyga's other book "Boy Toy". The surface details are different of course-- one guy is the indoctrinated son of a serial killer, and one is a baseball player/math whiz traumatized by childhood molestation. But the feeling and overall impression of how each character struggles with their respective t ...more
Maryann Huber
Jul 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Game The Sequel to “I Hunt Killers”
After reading the first book I knew that it was very vital that I move on to the next. So, having stated that.....
This author continues the story in such a way that each character grows, changes and moves forward to their ultimate place in the world of Billy Dent. As ultimately he is in charge and he is controlling the “Game”.
Within the story are the individual tales of Jazz, Connie and Howie. I will not go into detail, I do not want to ruin the ending.
I will
Timothy Olsen
Jun 28, 2014 rated it did not like it
To be fair I haven't finished it yet, but it is a grueling endeavor. It begins by saying that Jazz helped catch the Impressionist, the killer from the first book. This is inaccurate. The killer walks into his home and ties him up. That's not the same thing as catching him, especially since Jazz didn't realize that it was the killer. The first book, and so far this one, reads like someone posted on here – an endless list of facts found on Wikipedia. The research is constantly, obviously and awkwa ...more
Jen Metyko
May 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 492-extra-books
Picking up where Lyga's I Hunt Killers left off, Game is an equally intense piece about the exciting life of Jasper Dent, the son of famous serial killer Billy Dent.

In Game, Jasper is taken to New York City and back (twice) to help solve the murder mystery of the "hatdog" killer. In the second book of this trilogy, the reader is able to be absorbed into the mind of a potential serial killer in order to solve the horrific murders happening on the streets of New York.

Within this novel, we see all
Leah
May 28, 2013 rated it liked it
I was somewhat disappointed with the sequel.
it was mostly with how the main character acted and my expectations were cut short

now to the main reason I wrote this (terrible) review...
FUCKING CLIFFHANGERS!!! like the worst cliffhanger I have ever read. it's not just 1 cliffhanger, but 3 separate. like STUFF HAPPENED in literally the last 5 pages i did not see coming and i can't even tell you how fucked up i felt...it kinda went

"okay it's gonna end soon"
1st cliffhanger i saw coming since it was bu
Cj
Apr 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm a HUGE fan of serial killer type stories. Well, that sounded better in my head.

Anyway, I am absolutely blown away at how captivating this sequel is shaping up to be. I mean, I Hunt Killers was a phenomenal read so I was worried about the sequel being able to fill such big shoes... BUT if this preview is any indication, Game has more than just filled IHK's shoes, it went to town with it... on it... in it. Bah, you know what I mean.

And Howie.. oh Howie.. bless him. I am completely bonkers in l
Sydney
Aug 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This sequel is even better than the first book! It tells the story from Jazz's, Connie's, Howie's, and even short passages from the killer's point of view. The plot kept you guessing and the clues were hidden deep within the text even if you didn't realize it. It is beautifully written and can't wait for the next installment (mainly because they left you off on a HUGE cliffhanger)!
Hayley
Jan 20, 2015 rated it liked it
The sequel to I Hunt Killers was a really good one. The supporting characters that you saw in the first book where brought more to the forefront, making them more real and likable. The plot twist at the end of the first book that set up the story line for this one was something that kept me on edge the entire time, making me unable to put the book down.
Logan Draper
This book was outstanding! It kept my heart racing the whole time. But that ending! ughhh! it made me so mad! There were like 5 different things that it just took me and chucked me off the cliff! Now I have to wait like 2 years to read the next one. This a must read! I loved it!
Rebekah Mercado
Aug 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ahhhh it ends on such a cliff hanger! I can't wait to read the next one and go on another adventure.
Terri
Jun 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! Horrific! Awesome and awaiting a sequel released in September! I can't wait that long. Oh. My. God. This was a scary, creepy good book! Start with the first one I Hunt Killers.
Tasia
May 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time! :D it was AWESOMAZING!
Em
Apr 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! I loved it! I can't wait for the next book! Amp it up!
Michele
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Exciting, if you want a son of a serial killer hunting serial killers. Typical teens thinking they can do it all alone, but I a hooked to see what happens next.
Maryanne
Sep 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
:O
Jeanette
May 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Slow start, great finish.
Julia
Jun 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
A good follow up on the first book with a painfully harsh cliffhanger...
Bryan Bonhorst
Jul 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
not as good as the first in the series, but a worthy follow up. I enjoyed the character development. and ny as a setting was also compelling. ending was also a surprise but left hanging.
Jack Boyle
Sep 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Better than first.
Eric
May 08, 2013 marked it as to-read
Can anyone find this anymore? If you know of a link, it's supposed to be free. Send it to me. I will "buy" it. I just can't find it anymore. Please help a brother out.
Blaize
Apr 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Better than the first book in every way. I know it seems impossible, but it's true.
Jane
this is amazing
Andrea
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: teen, mystery
All I can say is, this guy better write fast! I can't wait to find out what happens! Grrrr....stupid cliffhanger endings!
Jessica Marciniak
Kat
Jun 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Predictions 2 3 Dec 27, 2014 08:38AM

• Statistic (Statistic, #1)
  • How to Seduce a Bad Boy
  • Into The Light
  • Furrow
  • Danann Frost Falls from Grace (Danann Frost, #1)
  • Beneath the Lighthouse
  • Alchemy (Mercian Trilogy, #2)
  • Playing Dirty (Sydney Smoke Rugby, #6)
  • Hell's Phoenix (The Road To Hell, #2)
  • Love Amplified (Heavy Influence, #3)
  • Schrödinger's Gun
  • Wicked Ride (Wish Upon A Stud, #5)
  • The Claimed (Sin Hunters, #4)
  • Firehouse!
  • On the Bright Side
  • Bookmark Days (Girlfriend Fiction, #9)
  • The Prisoner (The Replacement, #1.5)
  • Breaking Rank
Barry Lyga is a recovering comic book geek. According to Kirkus, he's also a "YA rebel-author." Somehow, the two just don't seem to go together to him.

When he was a kid, everyone told him that comic books were garbage and would rot his brain, but he had the last laugh. Raised on a steady diet of comics, he worked in the comic book industry for ten years, but now writes full-time because, well, wou