Start by marking “The Warrior's Code (Legend of the Dreamer, #1.2)” as Want to Read:
The Warrior's Code (Legend of the Dreamer, #1.2)

The Warrior's Code

(Legend of the Dreamer #1.2)

Live by the Code. Die by the Code.

In the magical world of the Order, Warriors fight for justice, freedom, and peace. Becoming a Warrior is an honor given to few, and twelve-year-olds Zackery Solts and Kate Black will do anything to have a place among the elite.

Zack and Kate must compete against eighteen others and pass three deadly tests of courage and skill. Above all, t
ebook, 1st, 62 pages
Published May 14th 2013 by CreateSpace Publishing (first published May 11th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Warrior's Code, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Warrior's Code

Start your review of The Warrior's Code (Legend of the Dreamer, #1.2)
M. Joseph Murphy
Jun 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A perfect example of what a supplementary story should do. It fills in the world created in the full novel and leaves me hungry for more.

Full review to come.
Dani Morales
May 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
We only met Zack briefly in The Light of the Moon but there was something about him that stuck with me. I was thrilled when David James said he would be writing a short novella about him and his journey. I won’t dive into it because it is a novella and I tend to get carried away, but I will say I cannot wait for Shadow of the Sun. For more than one reason.

One of the things that I love about David is the way he writes. Its beauty at its finest. It’s the reason we love to read, to get lost in the
Allura  Teacups&Bookends Blog
Apr 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with David’s writing after reading Light of the Moon. It was absolutely brilliantly written. Not only did the story captivate me but his actual writing style did as well. It was beautiful and absolutely lyrical. In Light of the Moon we briefly meet Zack but I had a feeling he might perhaps play a bigger role in the sequel. I was BEYOND excited when David announced that he wrote a novella about Zack’s story.

I read this book in one sitting because I was absolutely entranced by snipp
Rachel
Jun 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
David James' writing is nothing short of beautiful. I love the way James makes poetry out of every little detail in the story. Having read Light of the Moon and The Witch's Curse, it is exciting to see all the little pieces of the story beginning to fall together. I enjoyed seeing Kate interact with Zack, and loved seeing the insight into how she got her beginning and how they proved themselves as warriors. This is a MUST-READ! Simply stunning. Can't wait for what James has in store for us all n ...more
Christina
Apr 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
David James has done it again. First in Light of the Moon, then with Magda in The Witches Curse. Now.... Meet Zack in The Warriors Code. In this short story we meet Zack, Hear where he came from and learn all it took to become one of the warriors of the order. He and Kate must go through three tests to see if they have what it takes. Can Zack trust his heart, and can he become strong and what is required to be a warrior? You must read to find out.
David James makes you feel all the emotions Zack
J.H. Trumble
Jun 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Warrior's Code is my first book by David James and my introduction to the Legend of the Dreamer series. The writing is beautiful, lyrical and the characters well-drawn. I'm really looking forward to reading the other books in the series!
Eleanor (The Book Hammock)
Dec 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: june-release
Short and sweet. Zack's backstory on how he got to the coven and into the warrior's training program. And of course, his friendship with Kate.
As always, incredibly well written.
David James
Jun 07, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
My little novella about diversity and love. About finding a home in a world where you might not fit in. And most importantly, about believing in yourself.
Kim Jackson
Dec 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
I wish I could have given this 4 1/2 stars.
Nlc
rated it did not like it
May 12, 2015
Bookbringer
Jan 22, 2013
Heather S.
Feb 05, 2013
David James writes books about stars and kisses and curses. He is the author of the YA novel, LIGHT OF THE MOON, the first book in the Legend of the Dreamer duet, as well as the companion novellas, THE WITCH'S CURSE and THE WARRIOR’S CODE. A Legend of the Dreamer anthology, SHADES OF THE STARS, was released July 2013, and includes the exclusive novella, THE ENCHANTER'S FIRE. BETWEEN THE STARS AND ...more

Legend of the Dreamer (2 books)
  • Light of the Moon (Legend of the Dreamer, #1)
  • Shadow of the Sun (Legend of the Dreamer, #2)

News & Interviews

“There is nothing unnatural about loving, no matter who it is we love.” 19 likes
“Our entire lives are wars, our very breaths little fights with our fears and ambitions.” 2 likes