Start by marking “Finding Promise (Promise, #1)” as Want to Read:
Finding Promise (Promise, #1)

Finding Promise

(Promise #1)

A woman striving for independence.

A man with a charmed upbringing.

A small town filled with welcoming and quirky characters.

Caroline had led the life of a high society daughter and wife, one that was filled with soul-destroying emotional abuse. When her husband unexpectedly dies, she finds herself broke and flees New York without a plan or destination in mind. Her travels l
Published July 18th 2012 by Aneesa Price

To ask other readers questions about Finding Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Promise

Christoph Fischer
Jun 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"Finding Promise" by Aneesa Price is a wonderful novel written in beautiful prose and has a believable and heart felt story line. I am not often taken in by romance novels like this, being often too cynic to enjoy love stories. However, the first few pages follow a very sad and grief struck Caroline. Not that her late husband has been the perfect husband, no, her feelings about her life back in New York are remarkably ambiguous.
Anyone who ever lost someone knows how time stands still or moves sl
Wanda Hartzenberg
Sep 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A 5 * review of a very sweet romance.
Ok, so I am not the romance type, I was, long ago, when I was a teen and money was little and time was in abundance, I used to read a book a day of my sisters Mill's and Boons books after I finished reading my own book. But I over dosed on romance and too this day, I am not a fan of overly much romance in a book or heaven forbid a romance novel.
Thus, when starting this book, I went - oh my...... ok. Here we go. And indeed I went.
The one reason why this book m
Mary-nancy
Sep 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Caroline Lowell is looking for a fresh start and a little independence. As she begins her new journey she could have never imagined what she would find when she took the exit to a small town called Promise. Friends, independence, and even love finds her in Promise but is she ready for the kind of love that is awaiting her? As she begins to learn what it means to be a friend and part of a small town she starts on a renovation of the house she fell in love with the first day she was in town. Now, ...more
Claire Taylor
Oct 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Aneesa Price
Finding Promise
Book 1 in the Promise Series

A woman striving for independence. A man with a charmed upbringing. A small town filled with welcoming and quirky characters.

Caroline has led a high society life, full of parties, engagements, salon appointments and has always done everything to please everyone around her. When her husband dies unexpectedly, leaving her just their apartment, she decides rather than moving back home to her parents (which is what is expected of her) she’ll
Carrie
Sep 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
First and foremost, I want to thank Aneesa for the opportunity to read and review this amazing story!

Caroline is a woman raised in high society New York, a woman who has had every decision made for her, every material need taken are of. And every bit of self confidence, independence, and emotional stability ripped from her in the process.

After the death of her abusive husband, Caroline packs up only what se needs and sets off to find herself on a road trip set for no where. What she finds is eve
Valerie Mcqueen
Sep 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My review of Finding Promise by Aneesa Price

Rating 5*****

This book was provded free from the author in exchange for honest literary review.

Caroline is on the run. Running away from the controlling family. Trying to escape the memory of her abusive now dead husband. Running and trying to find herself.
Along the way Caroline stumbles upon a little town called Promise. A quaint little coastal small town. Everyone knows everyone and treats each other as family. A place whete Caroline feels for the
Heather Alexander
Sep 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
I was given this book in return for an honest review. Caroline is a woman from a high society background whose emotionally abusive husband passes away. She decides on a fresh start and ends up in the small town of Promise, full of quirky and sweet people. She makes new friends and meets a man named Luke. Luke is helping her restore a house that she fell in love with on sight. Now she's falling for Luke. As she gains her independence and confidence back, she becomes a strong female character who ...more
Eskimo Princess Jenkins
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, romance, kindle
I have no words..... ok, yeah I do.
This book sucked me right in, I wasn't into contemp romance up until recently, but I loved this book.
This is actually the very first book Mrs. Price wrote, yet it was the last (for now until she writes more) of hers that I have read.
Caroline, is shy and quite naive really. That is until she "heals" after finding the town of Promise. And making friends with Faith and Rachel. Then she meets Luke, and she blossoms.
For me this was a great book to read at the end of
Heather
Sep 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Sweet. That's the one word I would use to describe this story. It's warm & fuzzy and makes you feel all hopeful and cheerful. It's a joy to read and a blissful escape. I liked the character of Caroline and how she's overcome a traumatic past to be a successful woman. I liked Luke and his good ol' boy charm. Aneesa does a wonderful job in describing the scenes and settings, very descriptive; I could picture the town of Pro
Lauren
Sep 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I was gifted a copy of this book by the author. I loved that this book is based on a woman who has had a rough life and rises above it all. I was proud of Caro and her choices in life. Great read!
Autumn
Mar 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was gifted this book to give an honest review.
Finding Promise is one of those romance books that just melts your heart! Here you have Caroline who comes from not on a ruthless non-feeling family but also a marriage that was just loveless no romance at all.
When Caroline drifts into Promise she just falls in love with the little town and soon not only finds love, but finds herself and makes a great friends. At first she is shy and very weary but soon learns that she can open up and actually be h
Anne (Angel Anne Reviews) Nelson
Author Aneesa Price has done it again!! What a spectacular story you’ll find as you begin “Finding Promise”. Yes, it’s a romance, but also so more. You’ll understand what I mean when you read this book.

It’s a journey, a fresh start in life and a PROMISE of happiness. Caroline is looking for all that, and she finds it plus amazing new things to be added to her life. (not going tell you)

A little town called Promise offers Caroline a glimpse at just how great of a person she is. What she can do by
Jennifer Treviño
I am completely in love with Finding Promise...the town, the people, & their story!!! This novel takes us on a journey that is much more than a simple love story. Full of depth & charisma it didn't take long to feel for these characters & what they were going through. Although I did not expect to feel so strongly about their decisions. I found myself sharing in their laughter, heartache, & most of all their self discovery. Isn't it funny how we grow ... not always realizing how m ...more
Jacque
Nov 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Caroline is raised and then married in a gilded cage. Despite being wealthy she is still living in a abusing prison. When her husband dies she seizes the moment to escape. During her cross country meanderings she finds herself in a small coastal town, Promise. Promise offers her everything she has been seeking – a new start in life, independence and possibility for romance.
I was given this book as an ARC for an honest review. I haven’t read a regular romance novel in a while and I’m glad I start
Jo Notary
Feb 09, 2016 marked it as to-read
245p Caroline had led the life of a high society daughter and wife, one that was filled with soul-destroying emotional abuse. Upon the death of her husband, she finds that she is financially incapable of supporting herself and flees New York without a plan or destination in mind. Her travels lead her to Promise, a small town on the New England coast.
Following instinct, she settles in Promise and begins to explore her new found independence and the pleasurable side of love with ruggedly handsome
Allison
Jan 19, 2013 rated it did not like it
While I think the premise of this book is good, I was disappointed with the editing. There were so many errors, inconsistencies, and confusing remarks. The story is set in the U.S. however the characters' phrases, thoughts, and conversations use words and references not used by Americans. I hoped that it would get better but I had to stop reading halfway.
Rosanna Leo
Jan 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a terrific book by Aneesa Price. I loved the way I was swept away into small-town life. The characters were engaging. The hero was downright sexy. I really wanted a happy ending for this couple and was rooting for them. Finding Promise is ideal is you want a sweet read with relatable characters, but Ms. Price knows how to turn up the heat too.I will read more from this author.
Tiffeny Moore
Feb 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
OK so this book was a very wonderful read. i loved this book from beginning to end. it took me through all the characters emotions right along with them. and all i will say is that i wanted to freaking give a piece of my mind to a couple of them. if you have not read this book i highly recommend this author and this book.
Shelley
Feb 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book because the main character Caroline finds herself and begins a new life after her husband passes away. She starts her own business and meets a hot guy named Luke in the process.
Jolene
Nov 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. This was a really good read that you had to pick up shortly after you put it down because you needed to find out what was next. Loved how it showed with the right people you could overcome just about everything.
Lindsey
Amazon freebie 1/18/13
Ronda
Dec 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Sweet, small town love. I can't wait to read more :)
Poonam
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story! loved it right from the start to end. Loved the hot hero Luke Edwards.Hoping to get more books by this author.
Elle
Sep 24, 2014
Bluejay44
Mar 15, 2013
Mar 07, 2015
Mayamo
Apr 20, 2016
Aneesa Price
Oct 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Amanda S. Hunter
Jan 22, 2013
Wendy
Oct 14, 2014
  • Forever Blue (Ruby Blue #4)
  • Moondancers (The Beautiful Creatures of Beverly Hills #1)
  • Dancing with the Devil (The Thorne Trilogy, #3)
  • Rescue Team Nine: Life Struggle
  • Forever (Guardian, #2)
  • The Epilogue (The Things We Can't Change, #5)
  • Love & War (The Arcadia Falls Chronicles #1)
  • Change of Possession
  • Oblivion's Forge
  • Blind Rage (Team Red, #4)
  • Wantin (Wantin #1)
  • Cross the Stars (Crossing Stars #1)
  • Roller Rink Witchcraft (Harper “Foxxy” Beck #1)
  • Blood Web (Caitlin Diggs, #1)
  • Original Sin (Crimson Shadow Series)
  • Hot & Spicy (De La Cruz Saga, #1)
  • Twas The Knight Before Christmas (Something Great #6)
  • The Seacrest (Paines Creek Beach #1)
You have to dream, think big and believe. Then, while you're at that - work harder than you ever have before!

Aneesa Price writes romance and lives it with her university sweetheart and husband. After having surmounted the challenges of being in a bi-racial marriage in the newly democratic South Africa, she now attributes her marital bliss to purposefully added spice and passionately resolved diffe