Start by marking “Playing for Keeps/Body Check (Rules of the Game, #1)” as Want to Read:
Playing for Keeps/Body Check (Rules of the Game, #1)

Playing for Keeps/Body Check (Rules of the Game #1)

3.55  ·  Rating details ·  166 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Nick Dante, number one pitcher for the California Condors, moves back to his native Brooklyn after an injury in the last game of the season. Once he discovers his ex-wife, Jenna has also moved back to New York, he has a singular intent - find out why Jenna divorced him in the first place.

Jenna Valentine can’t but still pine for the man who was the love of her life. But wha
Published June 26th 2012 by Amazon (first published June 25th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Playing for Keeps/Body Check, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Playing for Keeps/Body Check

Angela Aaron
Jul 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Romance author Heather Peters hits it out of the ballpark with her latest double-header release. Ms. Peters expertly combines her love of sports with her talent for writing romance with two dynamic novellas under one cover. "Playing For Keeps" and "Body Check" are book one in her anthology "Rules of the Game" series.

"Playing for Keeps" and "Body Check" are both romantic tales of hunky sport superstars and their quest for love. In "Playing for Keeps," baseball pitcher Nick Dante is desperate to r
Tonileg
Aug 03, 2012 rated it it was ok
I love a second chances romance specially if it started in high school, it is my favorite flavor of delicious romance. Playing for Keeps stars Nick Dante, baseball pitcher in California (does it matter what team? I don't know many of them and none on the west coast!) His first love is also his childhood love, Jenna Valentine who is an Italian-American. The two of them grew up in Brooklyn, New York city and by chance Nick (Nico to Jenna) sees a cooking show on TV with Jenna talking about her new ...more
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Lee's review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

3.5 Stars

Playing For Keeps:
What is sexier than a 6’3 Italian baseball star?? A 6’3 Italian baseball star that refuses to let go of his woman. I don’t know about you but I’ll take an intense man any day of the week!

In Playing For Keeps we meet Nick and Jenna, two people who fell in love at an early age but unexpected circumstances have kept these two apart. It was heartbreaking to read what Nick and Jenna had to go through during the years they
Sherri Hayes
Apr 01, 2013 rated it liked it
I'm giving this book 3.5 stars, although its close.

This is a book of two short stories, both involving athletes. I liked both stories, but I didn't love either of them. Now, with that said, I will point out that if the last 1/4 of each story would have been written differently, then I would probably have rated this book with a 4 or a 4 1/2. So what was wrong with the endings? They both felt forced to me. In the last book what happened almost completely turned me off the hero, but I have to add t
Ashley Nelson
Feb 06, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle-freebie, dnf
DNF on both stories after one chapter each. I had hoped for cute sports romance stories, but the clunky phrasing and the multiple grammar and punctuation errors dashed my hopes quickly. Please get an editor or at the very least, use a spell and grammar check program prior to putting your product out there! No matter how good the story is (and these weren't great), I can't get into it when I'm so distracted by unnecessary errors.
Margaret Sholders
Apr 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I looked over this book when I saw it was sports oriented.I knew it was a romance book so I took a chance and got it. I started reading and I was hooked. The characters were so real and from that point on I couldn't put it down. I haven't read this author before so I had no idea how she wrote. I will be sure to add her to my list of favorite authors. If you need a good short read this in one to try. Enjoy!
BrnEyesTX
Jun 20, 2013 rated it liked it
I really wanted to love this book..but I felt it moved to fast and they were rushed. They fell to fast and then weeks few by with explanations. Great for a quick read . but she had so much to work ...it could have been good long read.
Jen_C
Note to all men: "What do you think of a June wedding?" is NOT an appropriate or romantic proposal.

Playing for keeps - 3 stars.

Body Check - 4 stars.
Downward dog
Jan 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sports-romance
Good sports romance books!
Sassy Beta Reading & Review
Feb 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
2 cute short read books in one.
Lindsey
Amazon (ebook) freebie 2/16/13
Victoria Newman
Apr 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Is a great book to read
April Mckaskle
Nov 07, 2012 rated it liked it
Cute read wish they were longer but still enjoyed them both
Sherry Sweeney
Apr 03, 2013 rated it liked it
2 stories in one book.... not a bad story line.
Amanda Brown
Dec 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Two sports themed romances, they were okay reads, it needed more though. Overall they were just okay for me, could have been better I thought.
Lindsay
Oct 28, 2012 marked it as kindle-i-own-to-read
Amazon Freebie 01/12/2013
Colleen
Mar 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great, quick read. two short novellas in one!
Chanpreet
Feb 25, 2013 rated it liked it
This book is made of two short stories. I really feel if these books had been longer and fleshed out they would've been 4 or 5 star stories.
Gail
rated it did not like it
May 03, 2017
lizparker
Apr 21, 2013
Molly
Feb 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was my 1st Heather Peters book and it won't be my last! LOVED both stories:)
Julianna
Aug 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: athlete-sports
More like 3.5 stars for me. It was a good quick read.
angelmoon
Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Merge Editions Please 6 155 Oct 30, 2012 09:18AM
  • Hardball (Philadelphia Patriots, #2)
  • Taking Charge
  • The Long Road Home
  • Loving Control (Club Rio Brava, #1)
  • Breaking the Ice (Love of the Game, #2)
  • Face-Off
  • The Auction
  • Intergalactic Heat (1Night Stand Collection)
  • Reckless
  • Heart's Desire
  • Iced Romance
  • Racing to Love: Carter's Treasure (Racing to Love, #1)
  • Dangerous Race (Adrenaline Highs, #1)
  • Teamwork (Hot Ice, #4)
  • The Three Motives for Murder
  • Secret Vow
  • Stealing Home (Diamonds and Dugouts, #1)
  • Free Agent (Mustangs Baseball, #0.5)
A New York Native, Heather Peters has been a hopeless romantic ever since discovering Kathleen Woodiwiss in the 70's…she's been reading and writing romance ever since.

She tried her hand at writing fan-fiction in the early 90's and liked it so much, she decided to write a full length novel...Eight published contemporary romance e-books later, Heather is forever a romance junkie.

At the moment her pa
More about Heather Peters...